Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (80216 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Pyhonist: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Laughable grin grin ; soon will be able to buy a bag of rice for 2k.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by qtx(m): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Choking policies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ElSudani: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
RomanGreen:
Damn, full cashless policy implementation is coming

Lagos landlord alias Bullion Van owner will not like this news, those of you Tinubu supporters thinking Buhari will support Tinubu and leave Atiku must be dreaming.

How about the guy who loaded 250 million naira in his convoy.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by linearity: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:
Wahala.

Though I support anti-cash measures, this one is extreme, as our systems are not fully mature.

50k would ave been much better.

For instance, my card has failed several times, while out on dates, so I always withdraw enough cash to cover the outing.

But you can do a transfer from you phone.

Let’s look at the big picture, there is no policy implemented that will satisfy everyone in the Country.

This one will help sap lucrativeness out of kidnapping because the only means of them receiving their high demands will be through a transfer which can be traced later.

This policy is good, especially in Nigeria and will help fight corruption, yes there will be little inconveniences as you indicated, but look at the bright side…….you now have one more reason to give to your dates why you can’t spend BIG on your date nights!

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Samfloxin(m): 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
Confusion everywhere

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is bad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by GBTYO: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
The war on cash is really on full speed under this demonic CBN cretin.

The plan is to phase out physical cash for a digital Central bank currency which is to serve as a testbed for the soon to be unveiled single global currency.

The satanism in this buhari govt is too much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Moh247: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
AquaPetals:

This policy would hugely put a dent to the POS business vendors littering across the country...

20k daily withdrawal limit? damn!
Any loopholes?

I believe with proper documentation Banks would allow more withdrawal for POS agents.. Emefiele also said they intended to make withdrawal more difficult and strict, but they have no Constitutional power to stop withdrawal of your money

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by PotatoSalad(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Now, how will POS guys survive? This is not fair to the common man
Innovate or die
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by FreeStuffsNG: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Other currencies will soon start chasing naira

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by appini: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
Confusion
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by madridguy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Asquare84(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
lrman:
So what if you go to a shop to buy a product with price of more than 20k..?? That means you cannot pay via pos unless you use a bank transfer ??smh..

You can use pos

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by shortgun(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
What kind of policy is this please

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by OriOko88(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Awon werey. Did I just read 200 naira denomination will de dispenced by the ATM Emefiele with his stupid and archaic policy.APC on ni kuure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
iwaeda:

How many banks are operating outside the state capitals and big towns and cities? grin grin grin grin grin

That is why your next president should sort the issue out.

I hope it is you that gets elected.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by sonature1: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria

You live in America, but you cannot enlighten your aged parents to embrace technology. It's entirely your fault.

You want Nigeria to remain backwards so you can insult the country at will. Sorry, it won't work.

Just the way old people moved from cowries to paper money, they will have to embrace technology as well. It's no longer optional - it's a necessity. tongue

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Govocrete: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria

Take your old people with you and allow us to live in peace.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ifytrik(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Iamfavored:
To what intent?
To frustrate an average Nigerian or is it politics?

Well, I know the incoming CBN governor might reverse it.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Way4orward: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Pos agents don blow be dat

4 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by jojothaiv(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Politician and Criminals are smart in collaborations with bankers

I pray we get things right...

Some criminals have started approaching random POS agents to help them make deposits for a percentage commission higher than their usual charges

It was expected.

Some folks here have turned it to shopping spree, buying grains and livestocks randomly. Some don't even care about the price, just ask and pay.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Asquare84(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
This policy will help curb inflation especially the aspect of printing less higher denomination note such as 1000 naira. Printing 200 naira will bring more smaller denomination into circulation and bridge inflation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by SmartyPants(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
linearity:

But you can do a transfer from you phone.

Let’s look at the big picture, there is no policy implemented that will satisfy everyone in the Country.

This one will help sap lucrativeness out of kidnapping because the only means of them receiving their high demands will be through a transfer which can be traced later.

This policy is good, especially in Nigeria and will help fight corruption, yes there will be little inconveniences as you indicated, but look at the bright side…….you now have one more reason to give to your dates why you can’t spend BIG on your date nights!

The thing is I use Zenith and that bank can be so useless. When they don't have network, nothing is going to work at all.

But yeah I can solve this by getting a second account. I am in support of the move overall. Life is about to get ver difficult for the corrupt.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Blaze14k: 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
This was the exact thing ive been sayin the central bank want to put digital currency policy in place forget all these politicians and kidnapping stuff they telling.. the world will soon go digital u better stay woke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ComeToJesus: 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
If you like, thumbprint for APC again. Na you go suffer am.
The party and its surrogates are evil. Imagine people like Lai Mohammed (that one don quiet now) and Festus keyamo being your leaders. The country is finished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by bayelsaowei(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
RomanGreen:
Damn, full cashless policy implementation is coming

Lagos landlord alias Bullion Van owner will not like this news, those of you Tinubu supporters thinking Buhari will support Tinubu and leave Atiku must be dreaming.
he would still move bullion vans wherever and wherever...these policies only apply to the general public...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by themanderon: 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
What is the meaning of this? The final neck pressing by the Buhari administration. Everyday one bad policy must surely come out from them. Where are those mindless oafs that still want these devils to continue in power?
The government that did not give you a dime is prescribing the maximum amount you can withdraw to a paltry 20k per day?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by gloryman91: 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
Gobestically niyen for people wey neva upgrade o.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by AlphaTaikun: 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
nlfpmod:
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
Banking Supervision Department Central Business District

December 6, 2022
BSD/DIR/PUB/LAB/015/069

Letter to All Deposit Money Banks (DMBS) and Other Financial Institutions (Payment Service Banks (PSBs), Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) and Microfinance Banks (MFBs)

NAIRA REDESIGN POLICY — REVISED CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMITS

Further to the launch of the redesigned Naira notes by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 and in line with the Cash-less policy of the CBN, all deposit money banks (DMBs) and other financial institutions (0F1s) are hereby directed to note and comply with the following:

1. The maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organizations per week shall henceforth be N100.000 and N500,000 respectively.

Withdrawals above these limits shall attract processing fees of 5% and 10%, respectively.

2 Third party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for payment over the counter, while extant limits of 110,000.000 on clearing cheques still subsist.

3. The maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated Teller Machine (ATM) shall be N100.000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

4 Only denominations of N200 and below shall be loaded into the ATMs.

5 The maximum cash withdrawal via point of sale (PoS) terminal shall be N20.000 daily.

6. In compelling circumstances, not exceeding once a month, where cash withdrawals above the prescribed limits is required for legitimate purposes, such cash withdrawals shall not exceed 15,000,000.00 and 110,000.000.00 for individuals and corporate organisations. respectively, and shall be subject to the referenced processing fees in (1) above, in addition to enhanced due diligence and further information requirements.

a. Valid means of identification of the payee (National ID, International Passport, Driver's License).

b. Bank Verification Number (BVN) of the payee.

c. Notarized customer declaration of the purpose for the cash withdrawal.

d. Senior management approval for the withdrawal by the Managing Director of the drawee, where applicable.

e. Approval in writing by the MD/CEO of the bark authorising the withdrawal.

Please further note the following: i. Monthly returns on cash withdrawal transactions above the specified limits should be rendered to the Banking Supervision Department. Compliance with extant AML/CFT regulations relating to KYC, ongoing customer due diligence and suspicious transaction reporting etc. is required in all circumstances. Customers should be encouraged to use alternative channels (internet banking, mobile banking apps, USSD, cards/POS. eNaira, etc.) to conduct their banking transactions.
Finally, please note that aiding and abetting the circumvention of this policy will attract severe sanctions.

The above regulatory directives take effect nationwide from January 9, 2023.

Please be guided accordingly.

HARUNA B. MUSTAFA
DIRECTOR OF BANKING SUPERVISION
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by alobright17(m): 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
iwaeda:
APC is retrogressive,N20k /per day. If you like thumb print for APC again. What of those in rural areas. grin grin grin grin grin
There's nothing wrong with the policy you/re only having issues with it simply because it is from a party you don't like .

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemmit90: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Pos might be going out of business
Cashless policy

They will not as far as it does not affect electronic fransfer.

The implication of this policy is that, there would be too much money in circulation as people won't take their cash to the banks anymore. They would rather keep cash at home having known that they may unable to withdraw a certain amount if there is need for it. POS guys too will keep alot of cash instead of taking them to bank.

#200 or less denominations at ATM is more than enough to discourage heavy withdrawal. The policy will do more harm than good.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Mercury12(m): 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
20k per day
This government are out to just frustrate Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.