Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (80159 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Mensonges: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
RomanGreen:
Damn, full cashless policy implementation is coming

Lagos landlord alias Bullion Van owner will not like this news, those of you Tinubu supporters thinking Buhari will support Tinubu and leave Atiku must be dreaming.

Be like say Bubu wan finish Bulaba completely.

No wonder he kept on calling his name for that bulaba video.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria

They may have to adapt.

Mah elderly parents went from 'I will never have an ATM card' to 'online buying and selling xprts...'
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by obi58: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Now, how will POS guys survive? This is not fair to the common man

POS guys will have to think out of the box.... For example if I want to withdraw 100k from POS instead of using ATM card I will transfer to the POS person who will include charge. However the challenge they will have is sourcing for cash with the new bank withdrawal charges I suspect POS charges per withdrawal will have to increase.

The real difficulty lies in going to the market. If you want to pay a market woman who is not enlightened above 20k how you go fit do am?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by VIPAFRICAN(m): 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
How does this affect the POS guys if I may ask.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Segun91: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
Will just go and open two more bank account.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by PotatoSalad(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
lrman:

Did you read the part where they said even pos transaction is maximum of 20k per day?? How will you pay for product and services which are above 20k via pos ?? Or you will have to be making use of Bank transfer that delays or which some businesses do not even accept ??
POS withdrawal. To read and understand dey hard una. I've been telling business people to adopt POS in their business, they'll say no. They want cash.
This is good news from CBN

5 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by MrBONE2(m): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
RomanGreen:
Damn, full cashless policy implementation is coming

Lagos landlord alias Bullion Van owner will not like this news, those of you Tinubu supporters thinking Buhari will support Tinubu and leave Atiku must be dreaming.
Too Late Bwana, the news came at the right time when all BULLION VANS SYNDICATES including their Kings hayaaf already stocked their fleet of Bullion Vans with enough money grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Kayyus09(m): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
Lobatan
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by simplesearch: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
pocohantas:
We must go cashless by force.

Abi na! Or N500 sef.

How? When over the counter withdrawal is same with ATM withdrawal.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by 007s(m): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria

Your Aged parent can withdraw 20k per day
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by PotatoSalad(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
Af0nja:
They are trying to make naira difficult to move around.
Which is a good thing
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ghiloman28(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
Good. Naira will not be roaming like mumu everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by cyndylove64(f): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
And incase of emergency when transfer is not going but one needs to withdraw.... And the person needs more than 20k what is the person supposed to do? Seriously 20k per day angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Well

We devise another means
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Kayyus09(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
POS business will be more profitable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ojex004: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Na for banks to employed more workers be dat now. Make more cashier be on desk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Karleb(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kayyus09:
POS business will be more profitable

Same for POS.

We are in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by gracealonev: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Politician and Criminals are smart in collaborations with bankers

I pray we get things right...

Some criminals have started approaching random POS agents to help them make deposits for a percentage commission higher than their usual charges

Forget about politicians. Those guys at CBN are crooks themselves. They know the ordinary people that these regulations would affect. Some rules were equally in effect before the drama of billion vans in 2019. And there were no consequences.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Biafraaa: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Seems like here is where Opay will come in.
Or did they include Opay in this new madness policy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by ednut1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
where in the world is pos a business

4 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by lereinter(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
Westchester:
This is crazy but as long it'll affect criminals like Thifnubu and Atiku I'm good with the policy. grin tongue

Perpetual suffering to all BATidiots undecided tongue

What of obithief

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by na2016: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
iwaeda:
APC is retrogressive,N20k /per day. If you like thumb print for APC again. What of those in rural areas. grin grin grin grin grin

Calm down. They are trying to force you to go cashless, village man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Expressking: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sweetnesstwins:
Haba na...this is festive season
the new directive starts from January2023 bro....you no even read the piece finish you begin comment.[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Bigchristo: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2022
nlfpmod:
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
Banking Supervision Department Central Business District

December 6, 2022
BSD/DIR/PUB/LAB/015/069

Letter to All Deposit Money Banks (DMBS) and Other Financial Institutions (Payment Service Banks (PSBs), Primary Mortgage Banks (PMBs) and Microfinance Banks (MFBs)

NAIRA REDESIGN POLICY — REVISED CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMITS

Further to the launch of the redesigned Naira notes by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 and in line with the Cash-less policy of the CBN, all deposit money banks (DMBs) and other financial institutions (0F1s) are hereby directed to note and comply with the following:

1. The maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organizations per week shall henceforth be N100.000 and N500,000 respectively.

Withdrawals above these limits shall attract processing fees of 5% and 10%, respectively.

2 Third party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for payment over the counter, while extant limits of 110,000.000 on clearing cheques still subsist.

3. The maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated Teller Machine (ATM) shall be N100.000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

4 Only denominations of N200 and below shall be loaded into the ATMs.

5 The maximum cash withdrawal via point of sale (PoS) terminal shall be N20.000 daily.

6. In compelling circumstances, not exceeding once a month, where cash withdrawals above the prescribed limits is required for legitimate purposes, such cash withdrawals shall not exceed 15,000,000.00 and 110,000.000.00 for individuals and corporate organisations. respectively, and shall be subject to the referenced processing fees in (1) above, in addition to enhanced due diligence and further information requirements.

a. Valid means of identification of the payee (National ID, International Passport, Driver's License).

b. Bank Verification Number (BVN) of the payee.

c. Notarized customer declaration of the purpose for the cash withdrawal.

d. Senior management approval for the withdrawal by the Managing Director of the drawee, where applicable.

e. Approval in writing by the MD/CEO of the bark authorising the withdrawal.

Please further note the following: i. Monthly returns on cash withdrawal transactions above the specified limits should be rendered to the Banking Supervision Department. Compliance with extant AML/CFT regulations relating to KYC, ongoing customer due diligence and suspicious transaction reporting etc. is required in all circumstances. Customers should be encouraged to use alternative channels (internet banking, mobile banking apps, USSD, cards/POS. eNaira, etc.) to conduct their banking transactions.
Finally, please note that aiding and abetting the circumvention of this policy will attract severe sanctions.

The above regulatory directives take effect nationwide from January 9, 2023.

Please be guided accordingly.

HARUNA B. MUSTAFA
DIRECTOR OF BANKING SUPERVISION
I am just laughing at those still trying to continue this kind of government soon they will roll out domestic card which only enables you spend money around Nigeria and frustrate your international spending, las las una eyes go clear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by utenwuson: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
lrman:

Did you read the part where they said even pos transaction is maximum of 20k per day?? How will you pay for product and services which are above 20k via pos ?? Or you will have to be making use of Bank transfer that delays or which some businesses do not even accept ??
read again..... Cashless, only transfer for money above the 20k
Pos will still transfer for you, just can't withdraw for you above 20k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by franchasng: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
pocohantas:
We must go cashless by force.

Abi na! Or N500 sef.
grin cheesy
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by adecz: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
This is to further make life more
difficult for the average citizens.

As for Tinubu and others like him,
na bank manager go dey use bullion
van take go give them money for house..

Nonsense❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemmit90: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
cyndylove64:
And incase of emergency when transfer is not going but one needs to withdraw.... And the person needs more than 20k what is the person supposed to do? Seriously 20k per day angry

People will simply keep alot of cash at home, and there would be too much money in circulation. The policy doesn't make any sense to be honest.

200 or less denominations is more than ok to discourage heavy withdrawal. If I want to withdraw anything above 10k, I rarely patronize #500 ATM, let alone 200 or less.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by vee22: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
Maybe to cub crime like kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Raregem248: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
Na wah oh

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.