Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement (27185 Views)

Bill To Enforce Teaching Of History In Schools Introduced In Senate / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown / UNILORIN To Enforce Dress Code On Students, Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by FILEBE(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2022
No one is forced to wear it. Govertment owned school will follow the laws of the govt. They are for the public. Wouldn't stop a Christian from wearing rosary to school, likewise the hijab.

We should just learn to cohabitate and move on. Life is too short to be fighting over trivial matters. If the world has one religion , it would have been better but unfortunately it isn't so. What then can one do other than live his/her own life without affecting negatively his neighbors.

5 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by owobokiri(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2022
How about The Freedom of Information (FOI) ruling which the Lagos State government ignores in other to hide the endless looting of Lagos State by Tinubu and his clan?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Godstime234: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
kezienaira:
Please who has the motherboard of this laptop HP PROBOOK 11 G1.
My own just died few days ago.
Someone help

Sell it for me
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by skentelelady(f): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
Only in public schools will this happen. You cant force private schools to do it even if it were founded by a Muslim.

5 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by zigzagluv: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
it can never enter...dem de mad
GoooodHardDick:
Let this hijab nonsense not enter my beloved Edo State angry

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Strikethem: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
yinchar:
The keyword here is “as desired”

I like it when the rules of the courts are enforced, even though the judgement was given in July 2022, still not bad.

The freedom of religion as enshrined and guaranteed by our constitution cannot be compromised.

So far there is not compulsory in it….ALL GOOD

May God bless Lagos State
We won't allow it in our mission schools, I mean Christian mission schools.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
all these hijab rubbish yet those hijab wearing students na dem fúck most, what then is the relevance of a non virgin 16yrs old girl wearing hijab

upon all the new modern things people are doing over the world, na Hijab my country dey fight for, no wonder the politicians dey use us play ludo

mad people

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by mycar: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
how can students come to school with their faces covered, what's the essence of school uniform then?

8 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by ogatboy(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2022
Everybody will wear what they like to school. I think everyone can be mad. We either decide to be a secular society or a religious society. We cannot play the middle

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Mercury12(m): 11:40am On Dec 07, 2022
Good.
Let there be peace and let's live together as one people.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Olaolex: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2022
OGwales:
If religion no finish Nigeria, nothing will.
I doubt if this country with be able to stand this time next year because of religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by SouthSouth1914: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2022
I guess people can wear this to school too! Let’s be mad together in this fucking contraption!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Nsonaso(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2022
Na wa oh.

As long as is not covering face like some do like say na them Holly pass.

I don't see the need to ban it.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by joyandfaith: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2022
If you wear hijab or tie/suit in sunny days as Africans living in Africa you are slaves. Hijab is Middle east/ Arabic culture nothing islamic about it. Arabs have been selling their culture in the name of religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by PHIPEX(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2022
MURIC called baba to warn his pupet and here we are 24hrs later

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Sleekfingers: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos State Government has released circular to enforce Court judgement on the use of Hijab by Muslim women in Lagos State owned Schools.

And students of traditionalists should also be allowed to wear their attires and shoeless......

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by mycar: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2022
FILEBE:
As desired it said. No one is forced to wear it
Makes no sense, why do we have school uniform? that's discriminatory
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by lwisee: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2022
We like focusing on irrelevant issues in this part of the world. The level of poverty in the land is alarming coupled with bad governance but here are some silly assss putting pressure on government to allow Muslims wear hijab to school. Will wearing hijab take them to heaven? Will it make them more brilliant? Will it make them less promiscuous?
Most girls wearing hijab are worse than those who aren't wearing. Ask most shop owners in the market, they will tell you that girls wear hijab to steal your goods. They are extra careful whenever they enter their shop.
Go to Universities, the ones wearing hijab are the most promiscuous.The ones wearing Nikab don't wear anything under most times.

So what's the ruse about hijab wearing...

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Burruchaga71(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2022
It will never happen.. Never!!
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by yinchar(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2022
Strikethem:
Why won’t it be allowed?

The ruling of the Supreme Court is binding on all….if the mission school won’t allow it, they can approach the same court to review its ruling

Otherwise they will be in contempt of the court.

The ruling also give the Christians and Idol worshippers to append their regilias to the school uniform.

Let’s be objective.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by larryeffizy1(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2022
Reach me via 08189078657 WhatsApp
kezienaira:
Please who has the motherboard of this laptop HP PROBOOK 11 G1.
My own just died few days ago.
Someone help
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Mindlog: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2022
Strikethem:

It is limited to public schools, can't be enforced in schools managed by Christian missionaries.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Iwedunloye: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2022
Strikethem:
Fallacy.

People should start wearing their regalias to school as well.

I know this won't work.

Christians hope you are seeing their agenda.

Vote wisely in 2023.

For 7 years Buhari hasn’t Islamize Nigeria yet, so your wailing is allowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Sleekfingers: 11:45am On Dec 07, 2022
2Ways:
But why is this hijab a thing of concern?
If they want to enforce hijab, invariably no need for uniform because other religion can put on what they like.

I tire o....but if your children are in state school. Kindly kit your kids with your religion attire....by the time , students start wearing all kinda religious attires to school , maybe their heads go correct.....
Na God safe Dem say my kids are not in government schools.....I for show Dem pepper....bunch of stupid people....
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Robinmido(m): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2022
Bad guy grin
jamesversion:
Notify me when Hijab craze gets to Rivers. undecided
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by oyekanwahab(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2022
How much u dey take find am
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by yinchar(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Strikethem:
Fallacy.

People should start wearing their regalias to school as well.

I know this won't work.

Christians hope you are seeing their agenda.

Vote wisely in 2023.

YES - Christians should start it as well

There is no agenda here - read the constitution

Your freedom to dress as you want is guaranteed and cannot/should not be compromised

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by joyandfaith: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2022
If we want to stop religious nonsense in this school, State must be separated from religion.
How? No prayers in all government/secular functions, crs/irs should be removed from curriculum. We don't need religious teachers. Places of worship should be removed from all public institutions.
I see dangers in the future.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Tareq1105: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2022
MARKETfund:
There you have it Nigerians!

How do they say it again, the witch cried at night and the baby died in the morning. Muric just issued the order yesterday, and here we are.

That's the foretaste of your M-M ticket there if it ever succeeds.

APC that doesn't obey rule of law have suddenly started doing so. Isn't it wonderful?

The reality is that it's a supreme court judgement and I don't think you'll like Sanwo Olu to be sent to prison as we saw with EFCC, IGP, and Army Chief just recently.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by sencekompis: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2022
Stupid country with stupid brains
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by MarketDispatch: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos State Government has released circular to enforce Court judgement on the use of Hijab by Muslim women in Lagos State owned Schools.

Since Lagos state was created, this Hijab has never been a problem in schools in Lagos, but why is Government now making it obvious
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by lugado: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2022
2Ways:
But why is this hijab a thing of concern?
If they want to enforce hijab, invariably no need for uniform because other religion can put on what they like.

This is one of the reason I don't support the Muslim Muslim ticket.

Imagine what will happen in Nigeria eventually he wins ( which will never happen).

You people have started
Is the supreme court a Muslim court. Though I'm a Christian, i always wonder why we always
So quick to point fingers or accuse fellow muslims when things don't go our way

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Reactions Portrayed By Some Carry-Over Students Of Nigerian Institutions / Ten Photos Nigerian Students Can Relate To / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Nigeria's Largest Student Arcade In LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.