Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement (27150 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown / UNILORIN To Enforce Dress Code On Students, Staff / JAMB To Enforce Provision Of O-Level Results Before Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by yerimastyle(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2022
Some will cover the head but will not even wear pants to school

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by FlyingKing: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2022
compton11:
mumu so school gown can't be use to cheat?

NOW YOU ARE AMONG THE BUT IM TALKING ABOUT... TERRORIST WILL ALWAYS BEHAVE LIKE ONE....

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Mindlog: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Read the court judgment again.

At the point of admission, such non public schools give parents and guardian their booklet that also contains the expected dressing codes and if parents don't feel comfortable with it, they cease processing admission.

A Christian female student who goes to enroll in a private Muslim school is expected to wear the Hijab like the other students and would not be accepted to be a student without wearing one.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by imbless: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2022
Na to go buy Jewish regalia and the head cap wey I go dey use to dress my pikin dem
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by SeeItSayIt: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
Just as it is in Turkey, may their evil consum them
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
2Ways:
But why is this hijab a thing of concern?
If they want to enforce hijab, invariably no need for uniform because other religion can put on what they like.

This is one of the reason I don't support the Muslim Muslim ticket.

Imagine what will happen in Nigeria eventually he wins ( which will never happen).

Muslim is a terrrorist religion guide by islam.pirrriod...(fact)
....why on earth should there women cover there face like criminal ..what for? How is any man sopose to approcah muslim women if we cant see there face...i cant even imagine toasing a babe I cant see her face. i will remove the gademmm kibab from her face to see if she fine or not.
This is Bull $hit!!!! (no oofense) angry
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by babajeje123(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by luluosas(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
All schools, including Christian private schools? Hmmmm. Let's see how things will
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Babastrong(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=2Ways post=118970940]But why is this hijab a thing of concern?
If they want to enforce hijab, invariably no need for uniform because other religion can put on what they like.

Imagine what will happen in Nigeria eventually he wins ( which will never happen).[ Why are you saying same thing over and over again. You said buhari was extreemist who would islamize nigeria. But nay. Now you have shifted your goal post to tinubu who married pastor. The man who has not islamised his family.]
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nolevel666:

Abeg tell those barbarians.

Other countries day put the fate of their country into their hands through hardwork and intelligence.
See china that is trying to build an artificial sun to generate electricity and to help curb coal consumption in their country even though it hasn’t succeeded yet,they are still trying their best.

Here is Nigeria always praying and waiting for their dead gods and prophets to save their country for them.
Fools.
It beats my imaginations grin grin grin Nigeria will never ever ever wake up from religious gullibility and slavery.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by AmbFmk: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2022
What i see here is Buhari dealing with Tinubu indirectly, If you know You know. Who doesn't know that the majortiy of Christians that are ready to vote for Tinubu will definetely have a change of mind. Buhari is stylishly driving traffic to PDP, meanwhile he is wrong, we are all obedient.

Why is it that it is now you are enforcing the rule that has been passed since June or July. LOL.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Cmanforall: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos State Government has released circular to enforce Court judgement on the use of Hijab by Muslim women in Lagos State owned Schools.

Let it pass through the House of Assembly

What if the judge is being biased?
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by uuzba(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
yinchar:
The keyword here is “…..if desired”

Because some people will not read before they start commenting.

I like it when the rules of the courts are enforced, even though the judgement was given in July 2022, still not bad.

The freedom of religion as enshrined and guaranteed by our constitution cannot be compromised.

So far there is not compulsory in it….ALL GOOD

May God bless Lagos State
Nigeria Na kukuma "if desired" country.
NEPA if desired
Agbero if desired
Potholes if desired..
Japa if desired
Nothing is compulsory
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by 123yes(m): 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
shame to this nation call NIGERIA. Other nations are talking about advancement in technology and innovation we are here talking about hijab used to humiliate women in some part of Africa especially NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by 123yes(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
shame to this nation call NIGERIA. Other nations are talking about advancement in technology and innovation we are here talking about hijab used to humiliate women in some part of Africa especially NIGERIA
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Lovenorth: 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Naso....cele kids should go to school without shoes,.

Osun worshippers should kit their kids in their attires.

Omo Ile elegun should wear EKU to school

By the time students start showing up with all kinda colorful attires. ...Dem go know say Lagos is not a Muslim or christian state....
Muslims should be allowed to cover their body with the approved uniform either you like it or not. We can't move naked like you people it's not permissible in our religion

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by CaptainFM1: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
yinchar:

I like it when the rules of the courts are enforced, even though the judgement was given in July 2022, still not bad.

The freedom of religion as enshrined and guaranteed by our constitution cannot be compromised.

You should smell bait when one is tossed. The condition "if desired" is the greatest deceptive clause.

Anyway, if babalawo's son too desires to wear his juju, he's free to wear it in school. A "Celetial" student need not wear sandals to school if he/she desires.

It's a judgement that will have consequences. The unbias/bias nature of our judicial system will soon be tested!
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by 123yes(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
yerimastyle:
Some will cover shame to this nation call NIGERIA. Other nations are talking about advancement in technology and innovation we are here talking about hijab used to humiliate women in some part of Africa especially NIGERIAthe head but will not even wear pants to school
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by rummmy: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Muslim-muslim ticket results have just started...
Lagos governor is been controlled by Bobo Chicago and their agender is one...
What is pastor Remi saying on this?
We warned them but they will not listen.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
yinchar:

Is it affecting private schools too?
Especially those owned by Christians and non Muslims.
Muslims don't practice what they preach.
You can't v churches or hold crusades in some places in the north.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by riverbird: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Even Iran is stopping the use of hijab, I see Yoruba race going into extinction because they have left Thier traditional way and have carried Islamabad for head.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by blkmum700: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
How to be an extremist and bigoted Christian is to see nothing wrong with Christians forcing all the pupils to sing songs of praise to a god they don’t believe in, but see something wrong with ordinary hijabs that are not forced on everyone.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by joyandfaith: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
babajeje123:

It only affects public schools. You need to read again.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/538615-hijab-muslim-students-give-lagos-govt-ultimatum-to-implement-judgment.html

According to the Supreme Court, the ban violated the rights of the Muslim students to freedom of thought, conscience, religion, the dignity of human persons and freedom from discrimination guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution.

I remember a lawyer started wearing traditional attires to courts in the SE after judgement. That judgement can be applied in any setting. Constitution recognizes religious beliefs and conscience. Fundamental human rights are delicate issues.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by farouk2much(m): 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
The beginning of islamic dominance in Nigeria.... Thank you God
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Emir01: 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
What's stopping Hijab in d 1st place.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
i bet these schools, courts or government do not have libraries, free meals for their hungry kids, free shoes, pencils and books for the kids who their parents could not afford it, they don't even have desks or chairs to sit on, some of the students walk miles on foot to attend school on an empty stomach. Infact, these schools don't not even teach their students science, IT or any other teaching that would help them get themselves outta poverty. They don't give a shit about the abuse of kids by their guardians or parents, the wellfare of these poor students.. But what is more important in their lives is HIJAB a bloody pieces of stinky cloth that doesn't mean a damm! Thing! grin
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by dexmond: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
2 A Comprehensive Guideline on the use of Hijab in Schools will be issued by the State Government in due course, however you are to note that the judgement is binding on all schools in the State.

The government should not use it own hands to set the country on fire. Religion is a very sensitive issue to the average Nigerian.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Lovenorth:

Muslims should be allowed to cover their body with the approved uniform either you like it or not. We can't move naked like you people it's not permissible in our religion

So the useless covering of your body, makes you holy?

No be una dey carry bomb up and down like backpack? Even your useless Mohammed was a terrorist.....
You guys claim to be covering unclothedness...if you know how many alhaji wives I have scattered their toto , during my stay in kebbi, kwara and Kaduna......despite Dem covering their faces like masquerade..... Na ilorin I shine Alhaja and eleha( those covering their faces like masquerade) pass

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by lekankolade(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
2Ways:
But why is this hijab a thing of concern?

Imagine what will happen in Nigeria eventually he wins ( which will never happen).

They are not enforcing it on all students but to allow whoever wish to wear it, I don’t know why the society is finding issues with people that choose to be moderate and decent in their mode of dressing .
The hypocrisy of some people is appalling.
Hijab is the most minimal form of Muslimah dressing, check the attached image if you don’t know what hijab mean

Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by Shadysen: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
lugado:

You people have started
Is the supreme court a Muslim court. Though I'm a Christian, i always wonder why we always
So quick to point fingers or accuse fellow muslims when things don't go our way
stop lying, you are not a christian.
Re: Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement by esthel(f): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
That was how Iran started since 1970s they just woke up in 2022.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facts About Africa / Kaduna Pupils Desert Schools After Eating Free Meals / Alleged Result Manipulation: Reps Orders JAMB To Suspend All Actions On Mmesoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.