Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names (31454 Views)

N-power Fraud: ICPC Releases D'banj / N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement / California Fire: Kanye West, Kim & 250,000 More Forced To Evacuate Homes(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by virginchaser(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ulunne777:

Don't conclude so fast.Osibanjo didnt use middlemen ,every 25th volunteers had already been paid but this woman did and Dbanj was one of them.
I wonder why she couldn't adopt Osibanjo's style the way NYsc members are paid and earlier Batches.

Are you even aware that some got their stipends paid through POS months ago.Imagine the bull.shit

What a beautiful opportunity. He could have simply upted out when they started luring him with messy deals.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Reference:

Please can you just read.

I said break the cycle.
Corruption cannot be removed from Nigeria without restructuring of the state which most are not ready for. Restructuring involves changing the system entirely which has not gone down well with the advocates of the status quo.

So the only possibility is to leash corruption by changing the players that have access to power, to goverment at every electoral milestone since the institutions are not able to handle them.

What you should wake up to is the fact that institutions are not government. Institutions are the regulators of government and if govermnet is too strong for institutions to handle then national survival is only possible by changing governments frequently.

If the Jonathan government was still in power today the corruption issue will have become horrendous by now. 2015 slowed it down for a while. Now that it is back in full force there is a need to remove the government yet again. Failure to do that and by 2027 what we hear today will be child's play.

Better wake up to the reality of your country before the fallout of corruption which includes insecurity completely engulfs Nigeria.

Changing the player will not work. You are not getting it.

The foundation is rotting.

Who are our leaders? Are they not a reflection of us?

The average Nigerian is corrupt. He is an opportunist.

We need a change of mentality. This selfish mentality that makes us believe that "government money is no one's money, so it can be squandered".

If you like put Abraham Lincoln as president, the corrupt system will frustrate him.

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
Mayeldah:

Hope you reasoned this way when GEJ was vilified by APC in 2014/2015?

You are not getting my point.

No one asked for GEJ's arrest.

When a body is corrupt, you don't automatically mark the head for arrest.

Rather, you probe them.

Corruption has been uncovered in the ministry of humanitarian affairs, you don't immediately go in to arrest the minister. However, you can probe her.

Do you think D'Banj was merely arrested for being an ambassador of N'Power?
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by baralatie(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
how did they get the 20000 bvn numbers

Abi another thing dey undecided

1 Like

Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by baralatie(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
The banks are also involved
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by norriswood(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
Pauldollars:
That's why most APC supporters are scared of Peter Obi.
Like Dbanj, they want to keep looting and looting Nigeria as a nation
.....Scared of Obi in what sense? Obi was among the PDP members that disbursed ammunition money to the party loyalist..
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by FireUpNow(m): 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
ppogba:

Once again for emphasis sake, I am no fan or advocate of Dbanj.
You have not answered any of my questions. In case of next time or next argument, you do not answer a question with a question. Answer the one being thrown to you and thereafter you ask your own question.
You may feel free to insult me.
I will never result to any form of insult. My answer is that let D'banj come out clean and prove me wrong. Not interested in any form of argument okay
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by FireUpNow(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Exactly.

Nigga need to maintain his big lifestyle
That's it! Do he resulted to local
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by FireUpNow(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
myami:
mobolowowo
Yeah bro! He even sang with it.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Juleeee: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
eteebanky1:
Omo, D'banj na thief ooo

No person pure for this country, na the same people dy blame government for corruption......thieves, hypocrites

Nobody? Haba naaa, their so many pure souls around here pls, we can't beat them and we can't join them and somany have left.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Owologbo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
femisplash:
In Nigeria, being famous and popular could only open doors to you but being powerful would make people bow to you. Dbanj is famous but ain't powerful, so could easily be arrested that he is found wanting diverting 600 million monthly into his pocket, a recurring phenomenon that's most common among the powerful while they get away with it at a snap of the fingers. Unfortunately, there's no level playing field of justice, if there was, a Dbanj would not be in detention while s certain Peter Obi would be freed for diverting 250million monthly in state's funds to his Lagos office when his official car that ferried the money was grounded by the police... Obi got away with the crime.
Peter Obi also approached the court to stop the EndSars tribunal from summoning him to appear before it and give an account of his role in the killings of Anambra youths that were killed under his Administration. Unfortunately, same culprit is being championed by some gullible youths who are being deceived on social media. Obi got away with the crime.
In essence, the crime of Dbanj is that while he's popular and famous, he isn't powerful, otherwise he would have been kissing his wife every other nights as Peter Obi.

Is this what you were asked to dish out in your WhatsApp group?
you can regurgitate your nonsense within your braindead circle.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Barbushe: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
So, Dbanj was the reason why some of my friends have been complain about N-power payment issues. I also remembered when a friend had told me the rate of yohoo yahoo activities in the south, but i couldn't imergin that a celebrities in the southern Nigeria were among a wire-wire or yahoo yahoo.

Even if ICPC release Dbanj after 18years in prison, shame will not allow him to sing another OLIVER.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Juleeee: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
baralatie:
how did they get the 20000 bvn numbers

Abi another thing dey undecided

Like someone said in the other thread, they is a now different brand of corruption in this gorvement.
Even the devil self will be amazed.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Juleeee: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Changing the player will not work. You are not getting it.

The foundation is rotting.

Who are our leaders? Are they not a reflection of us?

The average Nigerian is corrupt. He is an opportunist.

We need a change of mentality. This selfish mentality that makes us believe that "government money is no one's money, so it can be squandered".

If you like put Abraham Lincoln as president, the corrupt system will frustrate him.

Is it possible to be conservative and a dictator? Cause that who the country needs right now.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Mintum: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
bn2murphy:
D'banj list is a tag and doesn't necessarily means he is the mastermind.
That's why he was invited.
It might be a coded name to use in committing the crime.
Let's see how the investigation goes.
But the monies were paid into accounts that were traced to him. If they just used his name, how did they also use his accounts without him knowing ?
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Mintum: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
ppogba:

I am no supporter of Dbanj but you need to ask yourself some pertinent questions before castigating him.
* Is he a govt employee in the ministry concerned?
* In what capacity was he allowed un- fettered access to Npower list?
* The lot of the fictitious names, were their monthly payment going into a particular account relating to him?
* What supervisory negligence allowed the payments for several thousands of people into a particular source?
* Why is it just being discovered?
This is the link, I don't think he had unfettered access, he was just used as a middle man or a conduit pipe by those who have unfettered access and the reports said some of the money paid to the fake npower beneficiaries were subsequently moved to accounts that were traced to him which is why he was arrested in the first place.

Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Haveyoueatentod: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2022
Banga Lee to Prison Lee
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by ADSP116(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2022
You have forgotten in an hurry that a lot of corruption cases hanged around the neck of obituary toooo.Some of you have casted your hope expectations of your futures on a man that doesn't have any iota of integrity.
Pauldollars:
That's why most APC supporters are scared of Peter Obi.
Like Dbanj, they want to keep looting and looting Nigeria as a nation
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Juleeee:

Is it possible to be conservative and a dictator? Cause that who the country needs right now.

One man cannot do shit, even if he is a brutal dictator.

What we need to do include:

1. A change of mentality. Chop make I chop is destroying our country. There was a time when you had to merit it to get a job in Nigeria. That period was called meritocracy. But today, it is either you have money, know someone, or are ready to sleep with someone. It doesn't matter whether you can do the job being offered.

2. After we have changed our mentality, then we need to modify our system of government. It is a military creation. Our federalism is on paper alone. How can you say we are practising federalism, but not fiscal federalism. Encouraging some regions to be parasitic is going to continue to drag us back. We also need to modify our type of legislature. I still feel that bicameralism is a waste of money. Any idiot who gets into the NASS gets paid whether he sits or not, whether he contributes or not.

Of course, there are other issues we have to address as well. Like:

1Trade deficit, and

2. oil dependence.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
maasoap:
Sahara Reporters kept saying "Buhari government officials", lol. Like it was Buhari who gave them blessings to loot Npower money grin grin grin
And it is Goodluck who gave Dasuki go ahead to loot security fund. Gullible idiots.
If you actually think it is only dbanj that is involved in this then you are a goat
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Juleeee: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

One man cannot do shit, even if he is a brutal dictator.

What we need to do include:

1. A change of mentality. Chop make I chop is destroying our country. There was a time when you had to merit it to get a job in Nigeria. That period was called meritocracy. But today, it is either you have money, know someone, or are ready to sleep with someone. It doesn't matter whether you can do the job being offered.

2. After we have changed our mentality, then we need to modify our system of government. It is a military creation. Our federalism is on paper alone. How can you say we are practising federalism, but not fiscal federalism. Encouraging some regions to be parasitic is going to continue to drag us back. We also need to modify our type of legislature. I still feel that bicameralism is a waste of money. Any idiot who gets into the NASS gets paid whether he sits or not, whether he contributes or not.

Of course, there are other issues we have to address as well. Like:

1Trade deficit, and

2. oil dependence.

I already lost hope, but like you said we need total change, and it's best if the changes start from the gorvement.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by chuksoyo21(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
The minister of humanitarian affairs, Mr. Umar Farouk is a thief. A renowned criminal.
This program worked so perfectly and devoid of corruption when it was under the office of the vice president.
Osibanjo handled the npower so well that not a single beneficiary complained all through the period he handled it.
This criminal of a minster came onboard and immediately, she changed the payment platform with the excused that the payment platform used in paying npower volunteers was faulty...
They in the ministry don't want to name those involved. Dbanj is not a staff of the ministry and couldn't have done this without the collaboration of the minister herself...
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by maasoap(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2022
MyFlair:

And it is Goodluck who gave Dasuki go ahead to loot security fund. Gullible idiots.
If you actually think it is only dbanj that is involved in this then you are a goat

Firstly, your parents failed in their responsibility rasing you up.
Secondly, you should have asked if my observation was about "Buhari" or "government officials" if it wasn't clear to you to know how to respond properly.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by faceland: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ghost applicant dey but the D'Banj involvment na story by bloggers.

Anyway, he has regained freedom and even posting on social media
here is what he said hours after being freed
⬇⬇⬇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjH0gnyYTTA
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2022
maasoap:

Firstly, your parents failed in their responsibility rasing you up.
Secondly, you should have asked if my observation was about "Buhari" or "government officials" if it wasn't clear to you to know how to respond properly.
But your parent tried to educated you but chose to be foolish
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Kenelekan: 12:13am On Dec 10, 2022
Omo ale
eteebanky1:
Omo, D'banj na thief ooo

No person pure for this country, na the same people dy blame government for corruption......thieves, hypocrites
l
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 10, 2022
femisplash:
In Nigeria, being famous and popular could only open doors to you but being powerful would make people bow to you. Dbanj is famous but ain't powerful, so could easily be arrested that he is found wanting diverting 600 million monthly into his pocket, a recurring phenomenon that's most common among the powerful while they get away with it at a snap of the fingers. Unfortunately, there's no level playing field of justice, if there was, a Dbanj would not be in detention while s certain Peter Obi would be freed for diverting 250million monthly in state's funds to his Lagos office when his official car that ferried the money was grounded by the police... Obi got away with the crime.
Peter Obi also approached the court to stop the EndSars tribunal from summoning him to appear before it and give an account of his role in the killings of Anambra youths that were killed under his Administration. Unfortunately, same culprit is being championed by some gullible youths who are being deceived on social media. Obi got away with the crime.
In essence, the crime of Dbanj is that while he's popular and famous, he isn't powerful, otherwise he would have been kissing his wife every other nights as Peter Obi.

You are very daft and stupid. Didn't EFCC not probe Peter Obi Didn't they clear him? The state assembly that was PDP dominated while he was the only APGA party member that had a government post investigated and cleared him.
What do we say about the fraud in Lagos via Alpha Beta or the speaker of Lagos Assembly that was accused of fraud what happened? Sometimes it is good you have sense small.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

We are not scared of Peter Obi.

We are scared of his lies.

A big importer says he wants to move Nigeria from consumption to production.

Tell us another lie.

You don't have sense
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2022
jackcanfield:
People did verification and submitted their account details linked to their BVN , so how is this crime possible without willing partners at the Banks , Nigeria is kukuma a scam. When they complain the reply is usually they noticed you are employed in another Federal Government MDA, which means the scam could be a long thing. No wonder the President Buhari has been borrowing money feeding ghosts.

The banks are not involved I tell you. These guys would send a list of people and their accounts to the bank to upload. The bank is not the culprit here. It was was provided the bank uploaded. Nowadays with digital payment they don't need to go to the bank the bank would have given them access to payment platforms like Autopay where you can make bulk payments to individual accounts from the comfort of your office without going to the banks.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2022
norriswood:
.....Scared of Obi in what sense? Obi was among the PDP members that disbursed ammunition money to the party loyalist..

Oga stop talking blindly show usbproof that Obi was among those who released money to PDP loyalists.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2022
ADSP116:
You have forgotten in an hurry that a lot of corruption cases hanged around the neck of obituary toooo.Some of you have casted your hope expectations of your futures on a man that doesn't have any iota of integrity.

Oga list the corruption cases. Make una fear God with these una lies.
Re: N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names by eteebanky1: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2022
Kenelekan:
Omo ale l

Your mama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiance Has Covered My Shame - Comedian Princess Is Getting Married / Adekunle Gold Turns African Priest In UK Shoot [PICS] / Pete Edochie Joins Bishop To Mark 1yr Remembrance Of Ozubulu Massacre(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.