Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement (47418 Views)

N-power Fraud: ICPC Releases D'banj / N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names / Sound Sultan's Family Releases Statement On His Death And The Cause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by politicoNG: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2022
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) confirmed on Wednesday the arrest and detention of Mr. Oladipo Daniel Oyebanjo, otherwise known by his stage name D’Banj, over the investigation of fraud associated with the N-Power Programme.

The N-Power is a scheme established by President Muhammadu Buhari on 8th June, 2016, to address the issues of youth unemployment and empowerment, and help increase social development.

In line with its mandate, the Commission had received numerous petitions on the diversion of N-Power funds running into billions of naira following the approval and release of such funds to the beneficiaries by the Federal Government. Many N-Power beneficiaries had complained over the non-receipt of the monthly funds in spite of payment by the Government.

About 10 persons have been invited by the ICPC over the last few months in connection with the N-Power fraud, and have been granted administrative bail after their detention. Several invitations to Mr. Oladipo Daniel Oyebanjo, to appear before a team of investigators were ignored and not honoured.

Mr. Oyebanjo turned in himself and was taken into custody at the ICPC Headquarters on Tuesday, 6th December, 2022, and is currently assisting the investigators to unravel the circumstances of the fraud allegations by the petitioners.

The investigation will be all-encompassing and also be extended to other collaborators of the fraud and the banks where the beneficiaries’ accounts are domiciled.

This press release has become necessary to set the record straight in view of the reports awash in the media. The investigation is ongoing and the Commission prefers not to preempt its outcome and also avoid the frenzy of a media trial.

Signed:

Mrs. Azuka Ogugua
Spokesperson, ICPC
7th December, 2022

https://icpc.gov.ng/2022/12/07/icpc-detains-dbanj-over-n-power-funds-fraud/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7468543/icpc-arrests-dbanj-fraudulently-diverting#118965450

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by TheGameYard(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
My first ever FTC! Jeeeeeez

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Sammy07: 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
sad

How it started

From ambassador assabador to barawo

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by cjudy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
embarassed

164 Likes 20 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by inoki247: 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
lol the same youth of tomorrow....

I always ask people blaming Politicians for Corruption wu be the politicians no be we the same citizen lata turn Politicians.....

Na wen he neva reach ur turn u will turn activist when the table turn reach ur side u will be silent people really don't hate Corruption in this part of the world....

Na bkuz of say he neva reach dere turn....

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by id4sho(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
cool
Sapa don flog importer, exporter, Koko water tongue

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Marvieduke(f): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
I just hope he is innocent because if he is not, he will be a laughing stock to some people.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by LesbianBoy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
This matter makes me remember his song mogbolowonwon or something like that. Where he talks about him being involved in scam

A part of the lyrics goes " mogbolowonwon a le mu mi EMI dbanj" (dem no fit catch me I am dbanj)

Me: Now ATI mu e (now dem don catch you)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Wickedfacts: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mr. Oladipo Daniel Oyebanjo

Na when you enter trouble we go sabi your real name.

168 Likes 19 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Hezzyluv: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
But wait ooo... shocked

Wetin concern aeroplane with buss top?

Wetin concern. D'banj with Political fraud?

On the other hand, no smoke without fire.

20 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by franchasng: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Chee59(f): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Let them query that minister of debt, borrowing and school feeding.
I know she's complicit.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by datola: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Embarrassment

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Austriaopen(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Huh

E remain P.Square own.

Last week,a lady came to my office and asked if he should send #50000 to psquare and his group on Instagram .

She claimed she has been picked to benefit from a scheme in which few people were selected to win #2m each after they all paid #2000 each for the form.

I was surprised to have seen someone who resembled Psquare in the video call asking the poor woman to send #50000 to claim #2m.

I then told her,it's a scam and she should disregard them.

How can celebrities also involve in online and offline scam?

It's well...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Hannania(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Busted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Omihanifa: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
This one can no longer sustain his flashy lifestyle the next thing is to be stealing the money meant to help the poor masses

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by BigYash: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Even kokomaster shocked No wonder Falz say all of una na criminals cheesy

20 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Iamdbull: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Iamdbanj a whole mentor and role model of Iamdbull I just pray the allegations are false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by tiswell(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
dbanj is broke!

most yolobas are arrogantly broke,because their owambe lifestyle won't let them become financially stable as most igbos are sad

Dbanj wen try to rub shoulders with his igbo master and way maker don baba j.

Now see him life!

Afonjas really need to learn the facts of financial management and humility from the igbos.

I pray dbanj survives this avoidable embarrassment.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Damn

Why got himself in such a dirty deal na

4 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by venabili: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Na wa. Well innocent until proven guilty.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Hopebringer: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Fraudster . Yous see them buying houses and such ,not knowing it is your wealth they looted from your own country

9 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Brendaniel: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
I blame Tinubu and Buhari...

3 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by 4tomandchi: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
People wonder how celebrities make their money this is one of the way they help politicians launder money ���

6 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by bazoodo: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by snoopz: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Abeg make person explain again, is the money entering D'banj account directly from the federal govt abi Na D'banj acc the npower beneficiaries dropped?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by gaetano: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
So Dbanj is the reason my cousin is still disturbing me for money. Make ICPC collect the money from Dbanj return am to npower so them go pay Tochi, abeg abeg abeg

27 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by UrPapa: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Sammy07:
sad

How it started
30billion for 12mths
360 soft billi
Dayummmmm

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by xstyle: 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
Keep us updated
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Taich(m): 1:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nigerians are going to "alot", going through "alot", coming from "alot" and "alot" is happening underground.

I was thinking the empower 30k was paid to beneficiaries directly into their accounts and not through middlemen, I just hope there is a mix up somewhere, I hate to see a genuine hustler go down because of crumbs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Steps Out Looking Pretty (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Vs Sonam Kapoor, Who Rocked The White Pantsuit Better? / Ubi Franklin With Mike, Mercy, BamBam And Ebuka At The Headies 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.