Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? (479 Views)

2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / 2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria / Bishop Oyedepo: 'What Will Happen If Nigeria Becomes An Islamic Nation' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by BBBmall25: 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
Conquering fear is one thing I I wish can master. I sincerely realise that fear has hindered so many people from making progress in their different endeavour. I also think, most of the people flocking to many religious body, do so as a result of fear of unknown... my question is: can one really live without given to fear, and if he does, what are the negative effects of living without fear; as Christians, what does Jesus counsel at Matthew 10:28 mean to you?

Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by MrCuteking(m): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
Conquering fear is one thing I I wish can master. I sincerely realise that fear has hindered so many people from making progress in their different endeavour. I also think, most of the people flocking to many religious body, do so as a result of fear of unknown... my question is: can one really live without given to fear, and if he does, what are the negative effects of living without fear; as Christians, what does Jesus counsel at Matthew 10:28 mean to you?

2Timothy 1:7
God has not given us the spirit of fear... but power, love and self discipline.

It means fear is a gift and I believe a gift can be given back.
Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by NNTR: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2022
NNTR:
... I dont know why, maybe I am biased, but if you ask me, I’ll say that Ọrunmila's philosophy is superior to Socrates.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

BBBmall25:
Conquering fear is one thing I I wish can master. I sincerely realise that fear has hindered so many people from making progress in their different endeavour. I also think, most of the people flocking to many religious body, do so as a result of fear of unknown... my question is:
can one really live without given to fear, and if he does, what are the negative effects of living without fear; as Christians, what does Jesus counsel at Matthew 10:28 mean to you?
Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body, but cannot kill the soul;
but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.

Proverbs 1:7
The [reverent] fear of the LORD [that is, worshiping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome]
is the beginning and the preeminent part of knowledge [its starting point and its essence];
But arrogant fools despise [skillful and godly] wisdom and instruction and self-discipline.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the [sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil,
for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me.

Fear, essentially simply is False Evidence Appearing Real, which is why its incumbent on all believers, to only fear God and nothing or no one else

To obey the LORD is the fundamental principle for wise living; all who carry out God's precepts acquire good moral insight.

Fear is conquered and cancelled out with faith

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2022
BBBmall25:

Humans were created to live and socialize with our kind so our greatest fear is loosing friends with whom you share happy moments.
As for the unknown only a relatively few among humans think about it that's why you'll hear them telling you how they travelled to Hell and came back: Funny Nightmares as a result of their fears! wink

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
BBBmall25:

Only people who want to die think that Fear should not be feared.

Without fear, you would enter the expressway without caring for Dangote Trucks and Okada. Gboa! Na die you don dey so.

Fear is A Ruler.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by BBBmall25: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Only people who want to die think that Fear should not be feared.

Without fear, you would enter the expressway without caring for Dangote Trucks and Okada. Gboa! Na die you don dey so.

Fear is A Ruler.
Hahaha... you are some how right, but I still think that it has done more harm than good
Re: What Will Happen If We Were Not To Fear Anything In Life? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2022
BBBmall25:
Hahaha... you are some how right, but I still think that it has done more harm than good

It is not Fear that put you in destructions path but stupidity and foolishness. (I say this respectfully)

Destruction comes because people chose the options that brings destruction and of course with the coming of destruction the accompanying fear and cloud of destruction will definitely increase.

Eg Evil pursues the sinner. Proverbs 13:21

Therefore, the fears of the sinner must increase which means he must always be afraid for his sins and wickedness must catch up with him.

(1) (Reply)

The Noise From The Church Is Extremely Too Much. / Oke Ite Awelle Charm For Progress And Wealth Babalawo In Nigeria. / How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.