Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 (88194 Views)

Argentina vs France : Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Finals (4 - 2)pens On 18/12/22 / Japan Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) - Live / Morocco Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 0) On 23 November 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Horokrox: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2022
paradigmshift:
Argentina no good abeg... Playing nonsense and trash football.
Cry harder LOOSER

7 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by sslcrypt: 7:06am On Dec 14, 2022
Almiron:
cry harder, you can do better

Pick one

Nah you and your family are the ones picking all three
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:07am On Dec 14, 2022
Gwan2:

Bro, being fulfilled in life is not by your acquisition of wealth and fame. Yes, those things help make life easier.

Every individual have that particular inherent craving in him. As far as that craving is not satisfied, he will not be fulfilled. Individuals might cloak this lack of fulfilment in them with their actions, but innately, one piece is missing in the puzzle. I AM BEING GENERIC HERE, NOT SPECIFICALLY TO YOUR IDOL, CR7.

You read how billionaires commit suicide, you watch how people you perceived as living the perfect life open up to tell you how dissatisfied they are with life, some go extra mile to end it all.

Fulfilment is individual specific bro, not material specific.

And where did I point to his material wealth as the reason he should be fulfilled?
The man has said it that he's fulfilled so shove all this your tales wherever you think the sun won't reach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Ejima1: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2022
deswiftfxn:
...pls let us thank Croatia for allowing Argentina a smooth ride/passage towards finals... that's why penalty is a game of luck, but u see Brazil, they really threw their semifinal qualification to the bin grin... who knows Arg vs Brazil for sweet die .... but that's football, let's enjoy the moment ... its already over, this match Don defy the 90 minutes law of final whistle... lol this kind of match sef fit affect person grammar tongue
Argentina would have beaten Brazil too

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by robosky02(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2022
World Cup 2022: Lionel Messi called best player ever as pundits react to Argentine's masterclass

Lionel Messi was dubbed the greatest player of all time as he led Argentina into the World Cup final - and surely one last chance to win the game's most famous trophy before he retires.

The 35-year-old seven-time Ballon d'Or winner scored a penalty and set up one of Julian Alvarez's two goals in Tuesday's 3-0 win over Croatia.

The fact he has never won a World Cup - unlike compatriot Diego Maradona or Brazil's Pele - has sometimes counted against him in debates about the best of all time, but he has a chance to remedy that on Sunday against France or Morocco.

This was Messi's 1,002nd game of senior football, his 791st goal and 340th assist. He won 35 trophies with Barcelona, last season's French title with current club Paris St-Germain and the 2021 Copa America with Argentina.

Former England defender Jamie Carragher tweeted after his Lusail masterclass that Messi is "the best there has ever been".

Former England striker Alan Shearer, watching the game for BBC Radio 5 Live, said: "Would it put an end to the debate of Maradona or Messi?

"We said if Messi wins the World Cup here, it might have to be him. That's been the difference, that has been the splitting point. Maradona has won the World Cup. If Messi were to win it here, my view would change."

Qatar 2022 on brink of becoming Messi's World Cup?
Messi voted your star player in semi-final win
Rob Green, who played for England at the 2010 World Cup, thinks Messi would swap that accolade for victory on Sunday.

"If you asked Messi if he wanted to be the best in the world or if he wants that medal, he would want that medal on Sunday," the former goalkeeper said on BBC Radio 5 Live. "One takes care of the other.

"He would snap your hand off for a World Cup winner's medal now. He has done so much for football."

On Sunday Messi will make his 26th World Cup appearance, an all-time record, beating Lothar Matthaus' old mark.

He is Argentina's top scorer in World Cup history, with 11, and is the only player to register an assist in five World Cups. Messi is also the only player to score in the World Cup in his teens, 20s and 30s.

Messi's Argentina lost the 2014 final to Germany - but he was given the Golden Ball for the best player of the tournament.

On Sunday he could complete the clean sweep of World Cup winner, Golden Ball and Golden Boot. He overtook Paris St-Germain team-mate Kylian Mbappe in the top scorer race by virtue of more assists, with the pair both on five goals.

Argentina boss Lionel Scaloni said "I don't have any doubt" about whether Messi is the greatest ever.

"I have been saying that for a long time. I am honoured to be able to see him train. There is nothing left to say about Messi, it is a privilege to have him in this squad," the former West Ham defender said.

Messi was stretching his hamstring at times earlier in the game - and lacks the pace he once had - but he went on a remarkable solo run to set up Alvarez's second goal.

"Argentina are in the final because of Messi," Shearer said. "Everyone looks to him. He doesn't work as hard as he once did and he might not be as quick as he once was all those years ago.

"But he has still got that magic, that ability to twist and turn and run with the ball and go past those defenders with ease. He can make the very best look ridiculously average at times."

Pablo Zabaleta, Messi's former Argentina team-mate, told BBC TV: "Messi has been incredible. That turn, he is so sharp in those spaces. When he is inside the box you don't want to touch him. It was a great pass for an Alvarez tap-in. It was an unbelievable goal. Every time Messi got on the ball it seemed like something would happen again."

Messi himself said: "I am enjoying this a lot. I am feeling really good, I feel strong enough to face every match. I feel very happy in this World Cup. I am able to help the squad."

Luis Suarez's Instagram
"Let everyone stop to applaud everything this boy gives to football," said Luis Suarez
On Instagram, Messi's former Barcelona team-mate Luis Suarez wrote: "You never get tired of proving you are the best in the world."

Croatia manager Zlatko Dalic, whose side lost to France in the 2018 final, knew his side had been beaten by a great.

"Nothing much needs to be said about Messi," he said. "The best player in the world and very good and very dangerous today. It is the true Messi we expected to see."

If you are viewing this page on the BBC News app please click here to vote.

BBC Sport app banner
Get the latest results and goal notifications for any team at the Fifa World Cup by downloading the BBC Sport app: Apple - Android - Amazon

BBC Sport banner
BBC Sounds logo
Get your daily dose of Fifa World Cup reaction, debate & analysis with World Cup Daily on BBC Sounds

Around the BBC footer - Sounds
Top Stories
Lionel Messi
'Qatar 2022 on brink of becoming Messi's World Cup'
8habout 8 hours agoFrom the section Football496 Comments
Argentina celebrate
Messi & Alvarez fire Argentina to World Cup final
9habout 9 hours agoFrom the section Football2182 Comments
Lionel Messi and Julian Alvarez
VIDEO
Messi and Alvarez shine as Argentina reach final
9habout 9 hours agoFrom the section Football
Elsewhere on the BBC
Bugzy Malone's Grandest Game
The game that shocked and thrilled the world...
Bugzy Malone reveals the story behind the controversial and critically acclaimed video game GTA

Stanley Tucci
'I would never hesitate to go to you for anything'
Stanley Tucci and Miranda Richardson talk about their friendship over the years

Omelette
It's time to crack your culinary nemesis!
Check out some helpful tips for mastering some problematic cooking basics

Fifa World Cup 2022
Lionel Messi
'Qatar 2022 on brink of becoming Messi's World Cup'
Lionel Messi
'Best ever' & 'magic' - reaction to 'the true Messi'
Antoine Griezmann
Reinventing 'phenomenal' Griezmann's France role
Chris Sutton's predictions
France to end Morocco dream? Sutton's semi-final predictions
Morocco players celebrate their win over Portugal at the World Cup
Dancing mums and Moroccan Maldini - meet the history makers
Lionel Messi and Julian Alvarez
Messi and Alvarez shine as Argentina reach final
Lionel Messi and Julian Alvarez shine for Argentina as they beat Croatia 3-0 to reach the World Cup final.

Julian Alvarez
Sparkling Alvarez and Messi magic as Argentina win
Argentina's "young diamond" Julian Alvarez sparkles in their 3-0 semi-final win over Croatia, the Man City striker scored twice and won a penalty to help his country secure a place in Sunday's World Cup final.

Lionel Messi
Incredible Messi just makes things happen - Zabaleta
Former Argentina international Pablo Zabaleta calls Lionel Messi "incredible" as he wins his fourth player of the match award of the World Cup after inspiring his team to the final with a goal and assist during their 3-0 win over Croatia.

Lionel Messi
Messi savours Argentina singalong as they reach final
Lionel Messi leads the celebrations as Argentina reach World Cup final after beating Croatia 3-0.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Atticusxsz(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2022
Gwan2:

Bro, there’s a lesson in life about those pictures you need to learn….No man born of a woman is an island or independent. When you are humble or atleast people perceive you as being humble and modest without much controversy around you…nature will force people to like you and be part of your course, nature itself will be very bias towards you.

On the other hand, if you are arrogant or people perceive you as being arrogant and bask yourself in self aggrandisement, nature will fight you and force people to fight you either directly or indirectly….example of this is CR7..He downplayed everyone all for self-glory. Do you think is a coincidence that Ten Hag was benching him and Portugal coach benched him as well??…..see how he is ending his career, no decent club interested in signing him, benched at club, benched at National team, retiring without winning the prestigious medal. Yes, he is rich but is he fulfilled??

Learn this life lesson and be wise….Season come, season goes….but natural laws are set in stones

Chai! These are words on marble. wink

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Tonnyray: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2022
Gwan2:
Bro, there’s a lesson in life about those pictures you need to learn….No man born of a woman is an island or independent. When you are humble or atleast people perceive you as being humble and modest without much controversy around you…nature will force people to like you and be part of your course, nature itself will be very bias towards you.

On the other hand, if you are arrogant or people perceive you as being arrogant and bask yourself in self aggrandisement, nature will fight you and force people to fight you either directly or indirectly….example of this is CR7..He downplayed everyone all for self-glory. Do you think is a coincidence that Ten Hag was benching him and Portugal coach benched him as well??…..see how he is ending his career, no decent club interested in signing him, benched at club, benched at National team, retiring without winning the prestigious medal. Yes, he is rich but is he fulfilled??
Learn this life lesson and be wise….Season come, season goes….but natural laws are set in stones
Spot on.
Wisdom++.

4 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by okomi562: 9:22am On Dec 14, 2022
Chachamiliano:

Nigerians and blame game. We are always looking for excuses. Did Portugal score any goal? Was Morocco awarded an illegal penalty? Was Portugal given red card at anytime of the game?

Portugal underated Morocco and they paid the price. Let's stop complaining
am I the one complaining, all this racist, I said even portugalese were complaining even before the game, u are saying Nigerians, am I from portugal
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by kals4luv990(m): 9:41am On Dec 14, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Has Ronaldo ever collected a wooden medal in the world Cup?

The distance between Messi and Ronaldo is like from Lagos use leg trek go Borno state.
Save your tears for the finals cause it will be LEGENDARY cheesy grin

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by TristanX: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2022
Peacecore:
stat in El_clasico
Messi vs Ronaldo
27goals 18goals
14assists 1assist
Think about it grin grin

Which of the El Classico? The one we know or the one u watched with your Nokia TV?

Everyone knows CR7 was the Highest goal scorer even in La Liga, that Messi had to compete with Ronaldo’s shadow to break that record after Ronaldo left La Liga

So u think about that. The man is an enigma
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Raxxye(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2022
Excallibur:
for future matches, www.hescore.com
Many thanks!
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Raxxye(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2022
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Morphinne: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2022
lichocho:
seriously...so Na wetin u see be dat..wahala Dey o
Yes, that’s what the rule says. Stonewall foul after ball lost doesn’t count as foul sir. He already made his contact with the ball and lost and that position was the goalkeeper’s naturally position, was he supposed to purposely move away so the attacker could pass? They won but the penalty was dubious
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2022
You couldn't beat this same team....

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Gangster1ms: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2022
lichocho:
four people wey no kw anything twit u say na important people...go you tube search for players wey choose Messi over Ronaldo den u go confirm..una sabi start argument wey una no go win..last last na insult una go start
Mbappe is the future GOAT and you say him no know anything.. Someone that's better than all the so-called players on YouTube that chose messi.
You need help thinking your opinion is better than his
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by deswiftfxn(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Ejima1:

Argentina would have beaten Brazil too
... ok, I won't argue that either but you see, they would have had a tough game as Brazil wouldn't have settled for such a shambolic scoreline as the Croatians. And in the game of football, anything can happen. Brazil might still have won. It's just that the Brazilians threw their semifinals qualifications to the bin. In all, it's good the Croatians lost because they would have given us a repeat of Russia 2018 finals (flop) .... infact what Croatia knows how to do best is beating the top football countries and flopping when it matters most...
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by tarantino1: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

And where did I point to his material wealth as the reason he should be fulfilled?
The man has said it that he's fulfilled so shove all this your tales wherever you think the sun won't reach.

That nigga wrote 4 paragraphs without making a single point
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by garfield1: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I love messi but Morocco will triumph today.

More of gov okowas aides have joined apc and lp.250 in yobe yesterday joined apc. Hon binta bello the most popular woman in gombe south just joined apc
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Almiron: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2022
sslcrypt:

Nah you and your family are the ones picking all three
you should continue crying this morning too, na eternal tears for you ..

Cry harder

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Almiron: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2022
Good morning Pendu fans, i hope y'all see me tormenting Una in ya dreams. I'm y'all nightmare on this forum, there will be no peace or hiding place for any Pendu fans on nL.

Have you cried today, if you haven't don't forget to cry hard, harder, and hardest grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Peacecore: 11:30am On Dec 14, 2022
TristanX:

Which of the El Classico? The one we know or the one u watched with your Nokia TV?

Everyone knows CR7 was the Highest goal scorer even in La Liga, that Messi had to compete with Ronaldo’s shadow to break that record after Ronaldo left La Liga

So u think about that. The man is an enigma
You people(Pendu's fans) are terrible. I know you neither watched El_clasico nor have data to check it. Lemme help you.

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Peacecore: 11:34am On Dec 14, 2022
okomi562:
guy he officiated through out d group stage and in the quater finals, he was supposed to carry on, do your research, they do not go home baba
You can do well to do the research and update me bro. I'm just hearing it from you people that Messi is bigger than the whole FIFA.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by okomi562: 11:35am On Dec 14, 2022
Peacecore:
You can do well to do the research and update me bro. I'm just hearing it from you people that Messi is bigger than the whole FIFA.
am not jobless like you
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Reussite: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2022
The battle of the LM10 was won by Messi this time around unlike the last meeting between Messi & Modric.
It feels like a perfect revenge…..same scoreline 3-0. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by scait(m): 11:53am On Dec 14, 2022
Peacecore:
Go cancel am grin bad belle. D time wey Pendu dive get fraudulent penalty against Ghana, una dey celebrate am
it means you agree it was a worked out game
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by purplekayc(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Why wasn't Ivan rakitic selected?
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Peacecore: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
okomi562:
am not jobless like you
You're not jobless but you always beg around in NL for help. I will hack dat your account number next time you send it again. Foolish butterfly calling itself bird. Ewu awusa!
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Peacecore: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
scait:
it means you agree it was a worked out game
They're totally different bro. Ronaldo clearly dive without provocation. In that yesterday own, you can see it clearly that Alvarez control the ball over the keeper buh instead of the keeper to go for d ball, he went for the player. You can go and watch d highlight.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by waxxydude: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Gwan2:

Wisdom
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by Greenscientist: 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Morphinne:

Oga Alvarez already played and lost the ball before the collision sir

So, what if the keeper has already saved the ball before the collision and someone else later score, will the goal stand?

You can say refs are not overlooking Argentina penalties like those refs did with Portugal but to say those are not penalties is a lie.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar2022. Semi-Finals (3 - 0) On 13-12-22 by okomi562: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2022
Peacecore:
now you are banned. never insult your elders

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Libya: Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / 10 Football Clubs With The Biggest Fanbase In The World Today / Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.