Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,455 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car (4228 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / #150,000 Was Credited Into My Account From Unknown Source / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
Omo I never knew you don't go around carrying cash in America, esp cash upto $2k and above, I think this is where FG got the idea of the daily limit of #20k.

My friend was stopped on his way home by the police in the united states and they demanded to search his car (not the naija type of search) but just to glance through the car.

Just then the cop saw $2k in his car and immediately brought out of his police phone and called for backup at once, not more 3mins here was back up everywhere (one would think it's a robbery crime), he was asked to step out of the car and provide all his documents, including the organization where he works. He provided everything and then these Policemen told him that carrying such amount exposes the dollar notes to dirt and squeezing the mints make it less valuable.

These Americans don't joke with anything relating to their country at all, they respect and value everything, including their flag!! My friend had luck oo because na police station with lawyer he for see himself

20 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2022
He provided everything and then these Policemen told him that carrying such amount exposes the dollar notes to dirt and squeezing the mints make it less valuable.

If na here for Naija people will be saying na him money, make dey leave him.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by SLAP44: 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2022
In Nigeria, the money will be stolen, he would be dead and an ipob or oduduwa flag draped over his body while they accuse him of being an unknown gunmen .

Fear Nigeria.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Weirdcamila: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
Please rest , people in usa move around with millions of dollars in cash.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by feranmi143: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2022
Yo fish, almost 2years in the US and this is false, maybe your friend has a gun or drugs

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2022
SLAP44:
In Nigeria, the money will be stolen, he would be dead and an ipob or oduduwa flag draped over his body while they accuse him of being an unknown gunmen .

Fear Nigeria.

When we talk about Sane society, Nigeria Must never be mention.

We're talking about the united states here and not a country where some daft humans are planning to vote old criminal ancestors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Please rest , people in usa move around with millions of dollars in cash.

Ment or malaria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by SLAP44: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

We're talking about the united states here and not a country where some daft humans are planning to vote old criminal ancestors

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Weirdcamila: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Ment or malaria?

Celebrities move around with wads of cash in USA .
Even strippers get dollar bills rain on them .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2022
madridguy:
He provided everything and then these Policemen told him that carrying such amount exposes the dollar notes to dirt and squeezing the mints make it less valuable.

grin the police man go even shoot the guy join am.
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by madridguy(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
Why not leave the country for the daft humans to vote for their preferred candidate.
I don't see any reason why a sane person like you living in a sane society should be worried about what is happening here.

GoooodHardDick:

6 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Eriokanmi: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
This is true. But your friend went too far. Why not hide the money inside his bag and put it at the trunk? Each time I visit, I'd scatter cash around and if I'm with one of my colleagues, I'd give him like 5k while I keep 5k inside my luggage cos once the money is more than 10k, you must declare it to the CBP on entry or you hide it each time you're going around town. I don't like declaring cos they'd delay you and be asking you mungo park questions. They could also be monitoring you.

But its not our people's fault most times, I'm not talking of those living and working in the states this time but visitors. Most of our cards don't work on their atms overseas, online too. Some also have a very low limit. I almost got embarrassed at Baltimore , MD the day I wanted flying to LA. It was in 2018. The uber guy said he couldn't charge my card on file so I should pay cash. To say I no get cash nko? I for miss my flight. He picked me at Shoreham hotel in DC to drop me off at Baltimore airport in maryland. Carrying cash is necessary but one must exercise caution. Always avoid police wahala cos once they book you, it doesn't speak well of you cos everything about you will be documented and linked, even up to their embassies. It could pose a great challenge on your status if you live there or your chance of getting your visa renewed next time as a visitor .

6 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by madridguy(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
Na lie... How many people police don shot?

GoooodHardDick:

grin the police man go even shoot the guy join am.
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by sholatech(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2022
U can move with loads of usd cash around even in the USA. But you must be able to justify your income sources when questioned

3 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2022
Weirdcamila:

Celebrities move around with wads of cash in USA .
Even strippers get dollar bills rain on them .

Those things you watch on movies ain't real oga. And moreover they are all fake dollar currency.

No celebrity or politician can walk or drive around in America with that kind of Money without being arrested by the police. You think say America na Africa where you can bribe your way through?

3 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Idiko1: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2022
I guess your friend did not know he/she could have refused such demand to search the vehicle by the police.

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by FarahAideed: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2022
Keep cooking lies

2 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2022
sholatech:
U can move with loads of use cash around even in the USA. But you must be able to justify your income sources when questioned

Bros you can't move around with that kind of amount in America, even with your source of income and tax payments provided. This is why they do more of transfers there in almost all their stores.

Oga since that day till now, that guy doesn't move or drive around with such amount. He goes around with a very lesser amount. He has been warned so why would he exposed the currency to dirt? What do you think will happen to him when caught again? Bros USA isn't Nigeria
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2022
Idiko1:
I guess your friend did not know he/she could have refused such demand to search the vehicle by the police.

No sir, you can't resist the search. Moreover it was a quick glance (not necessarily the Naija type of Police search)

The search was like this "Hello sir, I'd like to see some IDs sir, would you please step out of the car sir"?

They didn't search the car, they only had a quick glance at it and saw the cash

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by hisgrace090: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2022
SLAP44:

Fear Nigeria.

Just as it is.

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
madridguy:

A young man was shot dead just few days ago in lekki area in Lagos by unprofessional Nigerian police. The news made FP on nairaland

That one is small amongst many others

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by donb06: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2022
madridguy:

Because in naija u can still provide all these documents and there is still 80% chance of being victimized i.e slapped, kicked, then u must share that money 50-50 with them. In naija police re happy ure commiting an offence not to correct you or enforce the law but to rip u off

2 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
This is true. But your friend went too far. Why not hide the money inside his bag and put it at the trunk? Each time I visit, I'd scatter cash around and if I'm with one of my colleagues, I'd give him like 5k while I keep 5k inside my luggage cos once the money is more than 10k, you must declare it to the CBP on entry or you hide it each time you're going around town. I don't like declaring cos they'd delay you and be asking you mungo park questions. They could also be monitoring you.

But its not our people's fault most times, I'm not talking of those living and working in the states this time but visitors. Most of our cards don't work on their atms overseas, online too. Some also have a very low limit. I almost got embarrassed at Baltimore , MD the day I wanted flying to LA. It was in 2018. The uber guy said he couldn't charge my card on file so I should pay cash. To say I no get cash nko? I for miss my flight. He picked me at Shoreham hotel in DC to drop me off at Baltimore airport in maryland. Carrying cash is necessary but one must exercise caution. Always avoid police wahala cos once they book you, it doesn't speak well of you cos everything about you will be documented and linked, even up to their embassies. It could pose a great challenge on your status if you live there or your chance of getting your visa renewed next time as a visitor .

At the bolded, this is very true. My friend said exactly the same thing.

If one looseguard again just as he earlier did, Omo these people don't even care about your work or status ooo they'll just deport you Back to Nigeria asap. Comrade everything you said is damn true

1 Like

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
$2,000 or $2,000,000

This can only happen in United States of Ajegunle!

$2000 shocked

And the police had to call for back-up for finding $2000 grin

5 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by nedekid: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2022
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2022
madridguy:
Why not leave the country for the daft humans to vote for their preferred candidate.
I don't see any reason why a sane person like you living in a sane society should be worried about what is happening here.

How old are you?
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
$2,000 or $2,000,000

This can only happen in United States of Ajegunle!

$2000 shocked

And the police had to call for back-up for finding $2000 grin

How old are you exactly?
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

How old are you exactly?

You cannot be coming here and selling fakes or diluted stories!

Police arrested your friend for $2000? Or am I missing somethings? And had to call for back up when they found it!

Nollywood movies!

5 Likes

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You cannot be coming here and selling fakes or diluted stories!

Police arrested your friend for $2000? Or am I missing somethings? And had to call for back up when they found it!

Nollywood movies!

It appears u didn't read the post but rushed to comment thinking it's about insulting peter Obi. Where did the post talked about arrest?

This is exactly why I asked, how old are you?
Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Eriokanmi: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2022
madridguy:

No be lie oo. GoooodHardDick was right. Those of us born in Lag in the 70s up till late 80s would remember this story, there was an unforgettable incident at the popular mafoluku police station, Oshodi. The police station was so popular cos of the incident that took place years back. This man came Home from America. It was already late to go home so the driver was asked to drop him off at the nearest police station. They left the airport for mafoluku police station with his foreign mentality that the police station was a safe place.

To cut the long story short, this man left as soon as he dropped him off but went to the man's family house on his instruction to tell his brother and uncle that he had arrived but would come home the following morning . He asked the driver to come and pick him up at the station the following day. On approaching the station, the driver saw the returnee's lifeless body on a street close to the police station. The driver didn't bother to go to the station. He just made a u-turn and headed straight for his family house to report what had happened. His uncle, who was a retired army officer grabbed his gun and asked the driver to accompany him to the station. On arrival, he asked of his cousin's whereabouts and the police on duty were blabbing. They first said there was nobody by that name here. The man sprayed all of them with bullets while the driver looked on, in shock.

The military man now began searching the body of the officers and found dollars there. A smart few mong them who did night had left with their own share of the dollar before the military came. He was able to kill a few left behind and some who just resumed in the morning to take over. The station was shut for many years before being reopened. Fear naija police.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

This is exactly why I asked, how old are you?

I am old enough to know lies!

You trying to tell me if I cash $5000 over the counter and get into my car! The Loki e would arrest me? Then the banks also have to be charged for dispensing.

Say what really happened and stop propagating lies about police calling for back up because of $2000

For real!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What an American Police Did To My Friend When $2,000 Was Found In His Car by GoooodHardDick: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
No be lie oo. GoooodHardDick was right. Those of us born in Lag in the 70s up till late 80s would remember this story, there was an unforgettable incident at the popular mafoluku police station, Oshodi. The police station was so popular cos of the incident that took place years back. This man came Home from America. It was already late to go home so the driver was asked to drop him off at the nearest police station. They left the aoeport for mafoluku police station with his foreign mentality that the police station is a safe place.

To cut the long story short, this man left as soon as he dropped him off but went to the man's family house on his instruction to tell his brother and uncle that he had arrived but would come home the following morning . He asked the driver to come and pick him up at the station the following day. On approaching the station, the driver saw the returnee's lifeless body on a street close to the police station. The driver didn't bother to go to the station. He just made a u-turn and headed straight for his family house to report what had happened. His uncle, who was a retired army officer grabbed his gun and asked the driver to accompany him to the station. On arrival, he asked of his cousin's whereabouts and the police on duty were blabbing. They first said there was nobody by that name here. The man sprayed all of them with bullets while the driver looked on, in shock.

The military man now began searching the body of the officers and found dollars there. A smart few mong them who did night had left with their own share of the dollar before the military came. He was able to kill a few left behind and some who just resumed in the morning to take over. The station was shut for many years before being reopened. Fear naija police.

Comrade, Why are you bothering to explain to those Tinubu urchins? Leave them alone to die in their ignorance. Ignore them

Notice how I ignore most of them? Do likewise comrade. Tinubu urchins are brain daft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All You Need To Start A Provision (grocery) Shop In Nigeria / Rcs Logistics Courier Service / How To Make Money On Youtube For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.