Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

If You Were Him, What Would You Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Were Him, What Would You Do? (10124 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Rubyjade: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2022
Joel resigned from his job as a Branch manager and relocated. #japa

The early days abroad were quite tough; he faced the typical challenge of acclamatizing with a new environment-the weather, and issues of job-searching and finding one's way around town. Being that he traveled alone, he eventually managed to settle down on time and got over some of the initial issues. But he remained jobless.

After a few months of not finding a job and running out of cash, he started facing threats of eviction as he was unable to meet up with the payment for his rent.

Now desperate, he called up a friend back in Nigeria who gave him the contact of his (friend's) cousin who happened to be doing quite well in the same area where Joel was staying.

With a huge sense of relief, he contacted his friend's cousin, Dami, who invited him over to stay temporarily with him pending when he is able to sort out a new accommodation.

Joel arrived at the address and knocked on the door. When it was opened, he stood face to face with the last person he would have ever imagined - Kenneth!!!!

In his shock, he managed to say hello and asked to see Dami. Kenneth smiled, "I am Dami. My family prefers to call my native name Damilare instead of my English name, Kenneth.....', he said.

At that point, Joel dropped his head as the memories of how he ill-treated, frustrated, insulted and bullied Kenneth as a junior banking officer 7 years back in the same organisation they had worked together flooded his mind. He felt so ashamed of himself; he knew he had been a toxic leader.

What should Joel do?

If you were Kenneth what would you do? Let him into your apartment and retaliate? Tell him, "sorry, can't accept you into my apartment" and let him suffer with no money & a place to stay?

If you were in Kenneth's shoes, will you treat him back the way he had treated you in Naija or will you simply let him in with your #churchmind?

I believe people's responses to this story will help send a lesson to LEADERS on "Who knows tomorrow"..... Let's treat people RIGHT always..... The table might turn tomorrow, who knows.

Let's show LOVE in LEADING.....

Looking forward to reading your responses .....

Being a while...... Happy New Month wink

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Rubyjade: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
wink
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by skyoboy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
Joel should not hesitate to apologize immediately to Kenneth (Dami). He already got his punishment. I can’t imagine meeting someone I have been bad to, doing well while I am not. Not to talk of now depending on such person to survive.

Kenneth (Dami) should accept Joel into his house and be good to him. God only wanted to show him a lesson of why it is good to be kind to people.
Kenneth (Dami) may not even think of Japaing if Joel was good to him back then.
Morals
1. Be good to everyone
2. Some inconvenience (bad boss or loss of job) is only preparing you for a better place.

Above all, Kenneth (Dami) should still be careful with Joel. Someone like that (toxic boss) can be jealous of him.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Pojomojo: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
Let it hit FP first

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by skyoboy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Then you still don’t understand how life works.

illicit:
Pay him back in his own coin

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Emma1Oj(m): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
To forgive is divine. In that situation when he has no hope of survival on a strange land and despite the fact I know I can be so mean to misbehaviour, that humanity in me will surface but I will draw the line. I don't have that mind to c someone going tru pain and ignore when I kn I can stretch a helping hand but at the same time..anyone is free to call me a devil.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by eldervine: 7:08am On Apr 29, 2023
To err is human To forgive 10k usd

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Pojomojo: 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Repay him back

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
Forgive him and help him out for the sake of God

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Hamachi(f): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Abdul4trust1:
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by illicit(m): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2023

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Rubyjade: 7:26am On May 02, 2023
illicit:
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by illicit(m): 7:28am On May 02, 2023
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Cerebellum: 10:52am On May 02, 2023
Every decision we human being take counts. His decision depends on him as an individual. If he refuses to receive him, he has nothing to lose but remember if he accepts him into his abode, the branch manager wins both the honey and the jar...

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Pojomojo: 2:52pm On May 21, 2023
eldervine:
To err is human
To forgive 10k usd

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Seequadry(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2023
Japa
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Savechild23: 12:29pm On May 23, 2023
I can do and undo
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Sablexxxtoons: 12:29pm On May 23, 2023
Be careful how you treat people on your way up and when you are up. ..

because you may meet them on your way down

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by MorataFC: 12:31pm On May 23, 2023
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by samwillyco1(m): 12:32pm On May 23, 2023
F
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by IgboSomalia: 12:32pm On May 23, 2023
If an evil person treats you bad, treat the evil person worse in the future if you have the opportunity.

If you treat that evil person in a good way, you have offended God.

That evil person has offended a lot of people and they have begged God to punish the evil person. If you fail to punish the evil person for his wickedness, God can use vex to punish you.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by saydfact(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

The early days abroad were quite tough; he faced the typical challenge of acclamatizing with a new environment-the weather, and issues of job-searching and finding one's way around town. Being that he traveled alone, he eventually managed to settle down on time and got over some of the initial issues. But he remained jobless.

After a few months of not finding a job and running out of cash, he started facing threats of eviction as he was unable to meet up with the payment for his rent.

Now desperate, he called up a friend back in Nigeria who gave him the contact of his (friend's) cousin who happened to be doing quite well in the same area where Joel was staying.

With a huge sense of relief, he contacted his friend's cousin, Dami, who invited him over to stay temporarily with him pending when he is able to sort out a new accommodation.

Joel arrived at the address and knocked on the door. When it was opened, he stood face to face with the last person he would have ever imagined - Kenneth!!!!

In his shock, he managed to say hello and asked to see Dami. Kenneth smiled, "I am Dami. My family prefers to call my native name Damilare instead of my English name, Kenneth.....', he said.

At that point, Joel dropped his head as the memories of how he ill-treated, frustrated, insulted and bullied Kenneth as a junior banking officer 7 years back in the same organisation they had worked together flooded his mind. He felt so ashamed of himself; he knew he had been a toxic leader.

What should Joel do?

If you were Kenneth what would you do? Let him into your apartment and retaliate? Tell him, "sorry, can't accept you into my apartment" and let him suffer with no money & a place to stay?

If you were in Kenneth's shoes, will you treat him back the way he had treated you in Naija or will you simply let him in with your #churchmind?

I believe people's responses to this story will help send a lesson to LEADERS on "Who knows tomorrow"..... Let's treat people RIGHT always..... The table might turn tomorrow, who knows.

we all make mistakes - he shd apologise and kenneth shd not treat him in same coin.
Its an opportunity to let Joel know, the importance of treating people well.

case closed

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by lonelydora: 12:34pm On May 23, 2023
Kenneth should know there is something called Forgiveness. He should forgive and treat him better than he treated him years back.

But forgetting is up to Kenneth.

For me, I forgive but I don't forget.
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Noblegraphix20(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2023
Omo...
His situation happened for this reason
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by IgboSomalia: 12:35pm On May 23, 2023
saydfact:

we all make mistakes - he shd apologise and kenneth shd not treat him in same coin.
Its an opportunity to let Joel know, the importance of treating people well.

case closed

Abdul4trust1:

Story.

I will call the police on him if he stays there a minute longer.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Nebes: 12:36pm On May 23, 2023
Initial thoughts:

Human beings hardly change. A wicked person in Nigeria does not automatically become a good person in the UK. Keep him under your roof at your own risk. If he gets the chance he will deal with you again.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by safarilove(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2023
The insults and all sorts he received in the past must have been what God used to lift him up in due time! He should not give room for offense and let go of whatever he had in mind against Joel. Joel in turn should also apologize to Kenneth in order to free his conscience.
I see them doing great things together!
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by samwillyco1(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2023
Just let the big fool stay
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 23, 2023
This is hard. It's easy for me to move on and forgive when I'm no longer hurting or better. I can easily let Joel in but is Joel ready to move on from his guilt without it leading to resentment? People handle emotions differently. While some may become humble and loyal because they have hurt you before, others may resent you for not being where they expected you to be.

I will prefer to help Joel from afar.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

What should Joel do?

When you truly forgive and let go of bad experiences from people, you will truly know what it means to be free of malice and malicious tendencies.

God forgives, why no so humans? That is the IMAGE God alluded to when He says LET US Make Man in OUR IMAGE. He forgives, let man forgive, He Loves, let Man Love, He is Merciful, Let Man show Mercy and so on.

If Damilare is ready to forgive and let go, the Oga Japaing homeless former Banker should swallow his pride, apologize for the past and look forward to a new future.

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Doctortest: 12:40pm On May 23, 2023
Unfortunately I will give him some cash and kick his ass to infinux
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2023
Suppose i were Kenneth, well i will do my best to be helpful, because i dont hold grudges, i realize, its petty. If i were Joel, i will try and apologize for my past and grow up seriously

Vacancies (Updated Daily) / 10 Tips To Help You Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV / Delta State Hospitals Management Board Fresh Graduate Recruitment (3 Positions)