Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

If You Were Him, What Would You Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You Were Him, What Would You Do? (10163 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by AquaPetals(f): 12:44pm On May 23, 2023
Joel is a Bunkum.
Why leave his role for greenere pastures?

Anybody that is "Japaing" without hearing from God is to be flogged!

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by jubrilELsudan: 12:45pm On May 23, 2023
IF I SAY WETIN I GO DO.... NAIRALAND WILL BURN AND NEVER BE THESAME AGAIN

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by fasho01(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2023
I had one line manager who had no business being a worker in an organisation let alone being a team leader. The retarded ba5tard ought to be a prehistoric algae under a rock in a secluded cave beneath the earth's crust.

The arrogant pr!ck obviously never thought in his wildest dreams he would ever find himself in that position and so, typical of an Ill mannered, incompetent moronic opportunist that he was, he abused that position so badly and fell out with everyone he managed.

He left a very sour taste in my mouth and working with him is the most unpleasant thing that has happened to me.

Now if I am Kenneth in this story and I am to meet that usele55 fellow I just described above, I'm sorry to say without mincing words but in all honesty that I will never allows such a toxic fellow near my abode. If he has changed, which is hardly the case, then good for him but as for me, I'll slam the door on him and leave him to choke on his wicked heart.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by ednut1(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2023
I don’t understand why people do this. I also know someone in Canada that worked in the same place as his former manager from Nigeria. The manager was rude and harsh. Today he has been promoted to senior manager while mrs wicked still dey manager position and reports to him.🤣

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by dgmoni123(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2023
Forgiveness is the key

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:49pm On May 23, 2023
smiley
dgmoni123:
Forgiveness is the key
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by thelegend1(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2023
Who am I to stop Karma at work?

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by MASTERMIND04(m): 12:53pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:
Joel resigned from his job as a Branch manager and relocated. #japa

The early days abroad were quite tough; he faced the typical challenge of acclamatizing with a new environment-the weather, and issues of job-searching and finding one's way around town. Being that he traveled alone, he eventually managed to settle down on time and got over some of the initial issues. But he remained jobless.

After a few months of not finding a job and running out of cash, he started facing threats of eviction as he was unable to meet up with the payment for his rent.

Now desperate, he called up a friend back in Nigeria who gave him the contact of his (friend's) cousin who happened to be doing quite well in the same area where Joel was staying.

With a huge sense of relief, he contacted his friend's cousin, Dami, who invited him over to stay temporarily with him pending when he is able to sort out a new accommodation.

Joel arrived at the address and knocked on the door. When it was opened, he stood face to face with the last person he would have ever imagined - Kenneth!!!!

In his shock, he managed to say hello and asked to see Dami. Kenneth smiled, "I am Dami. My family prefers to call my native name Damilare instead of my English name, Kenneth.....', he said.

At that point, Joel dropped his head as the memories of how he ill-treated, frustrated, insulted and bullied Kenneth as a junior banking officer 7 years back in the same organisation they had worked together flooded his mind. He felt so ashamed of himself; he knew he had been a toxic leader.

What should Joel do?

If you were Kenneth what would you do? Let him into your apartment and retaliate? Tell him, "sorry, can't accept you into my apartment" and let him suffer with no money & a place to stay?

If you were in Kenneth's shoes, will you treat him back the way he had treated you in Naija or will you simply let him in with your #churchmind?

I believe people's responses to this story will help send a lesson to LEADERS on "Who knows tomorrow"..... Let's treat people RIGHT always..... The table might turn tomorrow, who knows.

Let's show LOVE in LEADING.....

Looking forward to reading your responses .....

Being a while...... Happy New Month wink
I will forgive him and let him in. Then try as much as I can to assist him.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by GogetterMD(m): 12:53pm On May 23, 2023
I had a boss. His toxicity pushed me out of the organisation. I always pray to never cross path with him or his family members because I'd rather watch him die than help him
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Uchefame(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2023
If I have money, I can help him pay house rent for three months.

I think he showed signs of remorse because of the situation he has found himself.

You need to be careful while helping such person.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Tonytonex(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2023
Na now e dey enter fp?
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Paracetamol01: 12:54pm On May 23, 2023
Buy him a car 🚗🚗
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by poweredcom(m): 12:57pm On May 23, 2023
IgboSomalia:
If an evil person treats you bad, treat the evil person worse in the future if you have the opportunity.

If you treat that evil person in a good way, you have offended God.

That evil person has offended a lot of people and they have begged God to punish the evil person. If you fail to punish the evil person for his wickedness, God can use vex to punish you.

Very good saying , i cant help anyone who treated me so bad...to make.me feel bad ...there are some issues i can forgive but some i wont

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by GogetterMD(m): 12:57pm On May 23, 2023
fasho01:
I had one line manager who had no business being a worker in an organisation rather than being a team leader.

The arrogant pr!ck obviously never thought in his wildest dreams he would ever find himself there and typical of an I'll mannered, incompetent moronic opportunist that he was, he abused that position so badly and fell out with everyone.

He left a very sour taste in my mouth and working with him is the most unpleasant this g that has happened to me.

Now if I am Kenneth in this story and I am to meet that usele55 fellow I just described above, I'm sorry to say but being very honest, I will never allows such a toxic fellow near my abode. If he has changed, which is hardly the case, then good for him but as for me, I'll slam the door on him and leave him to his wicked conscience.

Be like we shared the same line manager grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by steffi01(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2023
I just can't let in that kind of person, knowing the kind of person he is. I might assist him some other way by giving him some cash or refer him to some institutions that can help him.

BUT, we CAN'T stay under one roof... as in, I can't wait for an approaching rocket bomb to hit me when I can see it from afar. #Kolewerk
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by DoubleMo6: 1:04pm On May 23, 2023
How many times una won bring this thread now/ undecided
E taya me abeg, go and get creative with new things.......
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by steffi01(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2023
thelegend1:
Who am I to stop Karma at work?
Hmmm 🤔
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by MrBroke(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2023
eldervine:
To err is human
To forgive 10k usd

You get the drill. I'm gonna help you but you have to pay.
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by fisayodayo: 1:24pm On May 23, 2023
I still don’t understand why people will leave a good job and travel to become a slave in another man’s land. It is pitiable

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Semaj77(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

The early days abroad were quite tough; he faced the typical challenge of acclamatizing with a new environment-the weather, and issues of job-searching and finding one's way around town. Being that he traveled alone, he eventually managed to settle down on time and got over some of the initial issues. But he remained jobless.

After a few months of not finding a job and running out of cash, he started facing threats of eviction as he was unable to meet up with the payment for his rent.

Now desperate, he called up a friend back in Nigeria who gave him the contact of his (friend's) cousin who happened to be doing quite well in the same area where Joel was staying.

With a huge sense of relief, he contacted his friend's cousin, Dami, who invited him over to stay temporarily with him pending when he is able to sort out a new accommodation.

Joel arrived at the address and knocked on the door. When it was opened, he stood face to face with the last person he would have ever imagined - Kenneth!!!!

In his shock, he managed to say hello and asked to see Dami. Kenneth smiled, "I am Dami. My family prefers to call my native name Damilare instead of my English name, Kenneth.....', he said.

At that point, Joel dropped his head as the memories of how he ill-treated, frustrated, insulted and bullied Kenneth as a junior banking officer 7 years back in the same organisation they had worked together flooded his mind. He felt so ashamed of himself; he knew he had been a toxic leader.

What should Joel do?

If you were Kenneth what would you do? Let him into your apartment and retaliate? Tell him, "sorry, can't accept you into my apartment" and let him suffer with no money & a place to stay?

If you were in Kenneth's shoes, will you treat him back the way he had treated you in Naija or will you simply let him in with your #churchmind?

I believe people's responses to this story will help send a lesson to LEADERS on "Who knows tomorrow"..... Let's treat people RIGHT always..... The table might turn tomorrow, who knows.

One answer does not fit all scenarios , there are people who have victimized or hurt me in the past who I will still welcome into my home , there are those who I won't welcome in my home but I can recommend someone who might help them , there are those who I won't welcome , help or recommend , not because I'm angry at them but for my own safety. I have met people who would literally shoot me if they had a gun , I just don't understand the kind of hate they haboured towards me. Some are just bullies and may not be too dangerous if you welcome them into your home
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by kingdestiny(m): 1:45pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

What should Joel do?

Omo the story get as e be, honestly nobody is too small even a day old baby, we love in a world that is very small, no one knows how tomorrow might be, no matter who comes ur way, just put a smile on d person face, u can't tell what will happen tomorrow,
Forgive wow, as if forgiveness is that easy,
Make Kenneth do wetin dey in mind, na man e be

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by DrDunamis(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

What should Joel do?

Very easy and very simple, when you're able to look into your life and see clearly, you'll be above always. From Kenneth's success, you'd get to see that there's no grudge to be held against his one time leader. Its now his own turn to prove that he's a better person.
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by tucky200(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

At that point, Joel dropped his head as the memories of how he ill-treated, frustrated, insulted, and bullied Kenneth as a junior banking officer 7 years back in the same organisation they had worked together flooded his mind. He felt so ashamed of himself; he knew he had been a toxic leader.

What should Joel do?

Assist him in the best the way you can. That's letting him know love rules. Allowing him to stay with you sounds a bit sketchy.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Psoul(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2023
Rubyjade:

What should Joel do?

Being a while...... Happy New Month

I'm just laughing deep inside me. I know that feeling. I've bn in that situation before. I was the one I'll treated and still the one in position to help my oppressor.

Well, what I did was to serve him what I called phycological torture.
I admitted to help him. Him bn close to me was enough suffer for him than sending him away. I kept displaying good guy to him which kept killing him everyday. He couldn't stand it and he left after awhile.

Permission to copy this.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by xristos(m): 2:05pm On May 23, 2023
it would be easier for Kenneth to forgive than for Joel to forgive himself...Kenneth should not accept him in but could assist from a distance..because Joel out of self guilt and evil ego/pride may harm Kenneth in the house...Kenneth is not safe with him

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by Cassandraloius: 2:27pm On May 23, 2023
Nebes:
Initial thoughts:

Human beings hardly change. A wicked person in Nigeria does not automatically become a good person in the UK. Keep him under your roof at your own risk. If he gets the chance he will deal with you again.

grin grin grin
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by pagorino(m): 3:01pm On May 23, 2023
All of them should getat
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by xjiggy: 3:09pm On May 23, 2023
Don't know which to use here;
Karma is a Bitch or Revenge is a dish best served cold
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by xjiggy: 3:15pm On May 23, 2023
Emma1Oj:
To forgive is divine. In that situation when he has no hope of survival on a strange land and despite the fact I know I can be so mean to misbehaviour, that humanity in me will surface but I will draw the line. I don't have that mind to c someone going tru pain and ignore when I kn I can stretch a helping hand but at the same time..anyone is free to call me a devil.
Bro, forgiveness is indeed divine but this is Harvest time. Joel is about to Reap what he Sowed. I may forgive him but I'm going to treat him like an Amalekite. He's not entering my Flat
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by thelegend1(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2023
steffi01:
Hmmm 🤔

I totally relate to the story and I'm sure most Nairalanders have also.

Whoever can witch hunt, backbite or deliberately denigrate and bring down his co-worker over another man's business deserves his comeuppance.

That's why you'll see some people have no value or meaningful relationships outside the job.
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by mankan2k7(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2023
A foro yaro ki je ki Oro tan nile.

Meaning- Retaliation will bring about retaliations and there may not be peace forever. There children might live to continue in such retaliations.

The lord's prayer is simple, forgive us lord as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Re: If You Were Him, What Would You Do? by DemonSlayer: 6:25pm On May 23, 2023
fasho01:
I had one line manager who had no business being a worker in an organisation let alone being a team leader. The retarded ba5tard ought to be a prehistoric algae under a rock in a secluded cave beneath the earth's crust.

The arrogant pr!ck obviously never thought in his wildest dreams he would ever find himself in that position and so, typical of an Ill mannered, incompetent moronic opportunist that he was, he abused that position so badly and fell out with everyone he managed.

He left a very sour taste in my mouth and working with him is the most unpleasant thing that has happened to me.

Now if I am Kenneth in this story and I am to meet that usele55 fellow I just described above, I'm sorry to say without mincing words but in all honesty that I will never allows such a toxic fellow near my abode. If he has changed, which is hardly the case, then good for him but as for me, I'll slam the door on him and leave him to choke on his wicked heart.

I wouldn't have said it better, so I endorse this comment 100%

"A prehistoric algae under a rock in a secluded cave beneath the earth's crust"? grin grin!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Looking For Job? Let The Jobs Looks For You With This. / Urgent!! Very Urgent Vacancies / Ips Msc Entrance Examination (institute Of Petroleum Studies) Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.