Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) (1287 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Shouldn't Have Done That(photo) / That Photo With Vp / Pat Utomi: Fulanis Made Me Rich, They Did More For Me Than My Own People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Pwettylinda(f): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2022
Why this instead of that?
Let's learn.

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Natbrowny: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2022
If its straight. Drivers will get bored and may sleep on wheels.

Its made curved for concentration and balance while driving esp for long routes

10 Likes

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2022
They're avoiding to construct a bridge.

9 Likes

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Brainmytool: 9:58am On Dec 11, 2022
To waste more funds, lolz.

Don't mind me. It was created that way to indirectly limit drivers speed since there is a hill. The reduced speeding of vehicles will reduce casualties and damage of properties.

6 Likes

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by slivertongue: 9:58am On Dec 11, 2022
Gradient issues

5 Likes

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by optionalY09: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2022
Because straight road leads to paradise and wobble road leads to destruction and the people of the world like to toll the part to destruction.

If you understand this comments i’ll send you new Nigerian Notes

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Chaos14: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2022
its fun i'd want to drive on it fast and furious style
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by mansurima007: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2022
Pwettylinda:
Why this instead of that?
Let's learn.

It’s to steep for straight line road, Driving upwards would be hard for trucks, lorry etc, driving downward would be dangerous for both small cars and big truck etc.
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by mansurima007: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2022
Zonefree:
They're avoiding to construct a bridge.
A bridge needs to high points to connect them and continue the road, this has only one high point, hence a bridge is not needed, at all times the slope of the road cannot exceed a certain degrees, so car can comfortably maneuver around in balance.
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by illicit(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2022
The ground no level
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2022
They like snakes.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Nokio1: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2022
If this road dey naija
As u approach the first thing u will see: big sign board with

Slow down many have gone

courtesy of Hon Desmond E
[color=#550000][/color]weda the road straight or one corner according to Capt jack Sparrow "it's not so much the journey it's the destination"
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Idiko1: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2022
This is due to costs and benefits of vertical and horizontal alignment in road construction.
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by IamR: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Road or rail constructions require a lot of earthworks. If you want the road to go straight, you will do some cut and fill, the only area to get the earthworks to fill it are the closeby hills or mountains. This will cost them more money and time. Road or rail builders always consider the terrain before building them. The builder might be avoiding something very important or even more costly than the road.

Idiko1:
This is due to costs and benefits of vertical and horizontal alignment in road construction.
You are very correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by easternunion: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Natbrowny:
If its straight. Drivers will get bored and may sleep on wheels.

Its made curved for concentration and balance while driving esp for long routes

So people who travel from Lagos to Benin often sleep on the road?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by FahBuLous: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
To curtail over speeding...

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Pwettylinda(f): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
Lalasticlala I know you like learning cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by gebest: 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
For tourists, just like as you are looking at it now, don't you like it? Isn't it beautiful

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by flokii: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
The terrain obviously.. it's likely there are settlements under the hills.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why They Did This Instead Of That? (Photo) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
I've learned

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites / Yoruba People Are The Most Tribalistic Ethnic Group In Nigeria... / Obi Didn't Win This Election No Matter How You Look At It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.