Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites (1274 Views)

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Melaye's "Emi Lokan" Mockery Dance / 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
This will be very long.
During one of Peter Obi's rally, i think the one in Taraba state. A clip from the rally was posted right here on nairaland by someone. I watched Peter Obi right there on the stage, like a preacher accompanied by his wife and flanked by Sound speakers. He was facing the crowd (Yeah crowd. If you argue that the people there weren't even up to 30, you may be right. But crowd is crowd, right?)

He made a statement, he said :
" It is not about tribe, it is not about religion but about Nigeria" .

I laughed so hard that my stomach hurts. Sane people will ask; why the laughter?, This is a man preaching unity here. But I dont know why i laughed. It came naturally and i succumbed to it. Maybe i am evil.

Few weeks back. One of the topmost South-East Billionaire, Arthur Eze ; a business man who was visited by Peter Obi few days earlier, made a pronouncement that he wont be supporting Peter Obi's candidacy. I mean, he could have played along and just let things play with the news littering the internet that he pledged $500m to Labour party campaign and cameras in all polling units in Nigerian. But being a business man, a succesful one who made his wealth not by sitting on the fence or letting things slide, he had to pick a side. And he did.

Then came the storm, the uproar; swords were raised and stones were cast. The insults, the abuses; the chant of ' Eze betrayal' was deafening from some specific people from specific region. I was surprised, I asked about his crime. This is a man old enough to make his own decision, a man just like every Nigeria that has the right to affiliate with any political group. And i was told 99% of the time i asked:

" He is igbo, why cant he support one of his own. This is one of the people working against the igbos. He has to support igbos" ..... Blah blah blah.

Sometimes the reply i got came exactly as stated above, sometimes it was mixed with some aggressiveness and garnished with insults and abuses. Then i remember what happened with Soludo, Orji kalu , Chimaroke Nnamani among others who were crucified because they decided to make it " not about tribe" , I also remember Lalong, Fayemi, Keyanmo and a whole host of other Christian politicians ; who some people are calling for their head for supporting a muslim-muslim ticket.
The Pastors, Clergymen, what about the Bishop that was beaten blue-black at Abuja, the Lagos state CAN chairman among others who decides to make it "not about religion" Just like Peter Obi preached, by endorsing a Muslim/Muslim ticket .. But some still feels these set of people must go to hell. Others feels they must not make heaven. Thank God, man is not God.

" it is not all about tribe, it is not all about religion" ... Indeed.

Then, comes the Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo endorsement . He endorsed Peter Obi. We saw it coming, it was bound to happen. But Obasanjo is a yoruba man, a yoruba elderstateman. He endorsed an igbo man. Just like Authur Eze, an igbo man who is sticking with an hausa/Fulani man; Atiku Abubakar. The only difference it some set of people feels the latter is disastrous, an act of betrayal, a sin unworthy of forgiveness. But same people are okay with the former, a gallant act of a true democrat they call it.

'Obasanjo is deserving of praise but Arthur Eze should be punished.' .... The same People criticising Asiwaju Tinubu for saying 'Emi Lokan' , telling us about how selfish and self-centred he is. Why it should be 'Nigerians turn' instead.
Same people will give you over 200 reasons why it is the turn of the South-East and South-East only.

'Same Emilokan; it is my turn but in different ways'
The double-standard, the hypocrisy from people who think; " it is not about tribe or religion.. But about Nigeria" .

You see Dear Nairalanders, We cannot see ourselves or judge ourselves the way we see and judge others . If you wear a mask for too long, there will come a time when you can not remove it without removing your face.

The German, Karl Lagerfeld said:

"Hypocrite. It is farmers who are nice to the cows and the pigs and then kill them. It's even more hypocritical than hunters. At least the hunters don't flatter the animals."

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by God1000(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
There's nothing like it's my turn.

Nigeria is nobody's personal property

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by silvoclaira: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by silvoclaira: 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:
There's nothing like it's my turn
I know you didn't read through

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by owobokiri(m): 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
What a load of hogwash..
Another new day, another deluge of agbadorian spittle..

A bad product is a bad product! Period!!
No one hates Tinubu because he is Yoruba or because he is successful.
People are traumatized with his candidacy because dude is incorrigibly corrupt!
Stop trying to sell some dog shit as candy!

Tinubu is by far the biggest monument to greater kleptomania in Africa! Dude moved from having nothing to owning two mighty private jets after office as the governor of Lagos State! That is the kind of corruption you don't want to see in Aso Rock.. How can any reasonable character excuse his monumental heist in Lagos through Alphabeta? Which serious society knowingly elects a man who paid restitutions for his drug related crimes as their president?

The whole noise around this mans irritating presidential run is starting to infuriate..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:

But same South-Easterners says it is their turn. Same people at the fore-front of criticising Tinubu's Emilokan.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by PandoraObi: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kogi people have spoken

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:
This will be very long.

I seriously don't have time to read such thrash as it's coming from one of dis Tinubu Lapdogsgrin grin grin grin grin grin

It is known everywhere on dis forum that they are mostly brainless grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by ThoughtOfYou: 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
Emo Lokan is a failed project.

3 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
PandoraObi:
Kogi people have spoken

The OP is same person as dis goat here grin grin grin grin

Don't be Deceived grin grin grin grin creating numerous accounts to promote a dying old man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That's how far they can go to seek attention grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
owobokiri:
What a load of hogwash..

Tinubu is by far the biggest monument to greater kleptomania in Africa! Dude moved from having nothing to owning two mighty private jets after office as the governor of Lagos State! That is the kind of corruption you don't want to see in Aso Rock.. How can any reasonable character excuse his monumental heist in Lagos through Alphabeta? Which serious society knowingly elects a man who paid restitutions for his drug related crimes as their president?

The whole noise around this mans irritating presidential run is starting to infuriate..

You are not making sense. As usual.

What is your point actually?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Naijanascam: 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
PandoraObi:
Kogi people have spoken

Your iberiberism is legendary

3 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by God1000(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:

But same South-Easterners says it is their turn. Same people at the fore-front of criticising Tinubu's Emilokan.
Because they've not produced president in Nigeria since the end of civil war in 1970.

And Peter Obi isn't going around saying it is his turn to rule Nigeria.

Happy new year

5 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Racoon(m): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:
Yes it is based on equity, fairness and justice. “It was said that the South-East must come to negotiate with the North because politics is a game of numbers. My case is and I told people yesterday,the case for the East is not to beg for a favour; it is their right. Yet, each time I hear that they should go around because the North has the population, what fraudulent population? You can’t sell that to me.

“They tell us to work together but unfortunately because they now have produced a president at the helm of affairs, they say ‘no one can become the president except you come to the North.Unfortunately, some southerners have been brainwashed that they can’t do anything except they bow to the North. I don’t believe it.

“What right has the North to dictate who will become our president? We were brought together not by peace, not by agreement, they forced us together and we agreed, so to continue to live together in peace must be by agreeable terms.

The East has the right not because he is Igbo but because it is in Nigeria. The principle of Afenifere is on ideological basis and principle of rightness, inclusiveness and not any sentiment.”

https://punchng.com/Presidency-North-cant-dictate-to-others-says-Adebanjo

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:
Because they've never produced president in Nigeria since the end of civil war in 1970.

And Peter Obi isn't going around saying it is his turn to rule Nigeria.

Happy new year

But you obidients have been going around saying it. And i remember you guys also saying you are running through obi.
Isnt it?

Your ideology is his. You share same perception of things and in my own opinion - all hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
Racoon:

Yes it is based on equity, fairness and justice. “It was said that the South-East must come to negotiate with the North because politics is a game of numbers. My case is and I told people yesterday,the case for the East is not to beg for a favour; it is their right. Yet, each time I hear that they should go around because the North has the population, what fraudulent population? You can’t sell that to me.

“They tell us to work together but unfortunately because they now have produced a president at the helm of affairs, they say ‘no one can become the president except you come to the North.Unfortunately, some southerners have been brainwashed that they can’t do anything except they bow to the North. I don’t believe it.

“What right has the North to dictate who will become our president? We were brought together not by peace, not by agreement, they forced us together and we agreed, so to continue to live together in peace must be by agreeable terms.

The East has the right not because he is Igbo but because it is in Nigeria. The principle of Afenifere is on ideological basis and principle of rightness, inclusiveness and not any sentiment.”

https://punchng.com/Presidency-North-cant-dictate-to-others-says-Adebanjo

I will love to see you type out your own personal thought . Not what Pa. Adebanjo said.

Take off your mask. Hypocrite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:

Urchin..

Una wailing this January 1st don dey pass October-December own all combined together

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:

But you obidients have been going around saying it. And i remember you guys also saying you are running through obi.
Isnt it?

Your ideology is his. You share same perception of things and in my own opinion - all hypocrites

Mûmu shut up and go to bed.

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
Taaah. Trash!! undecided

Most disjointed and incoherent monotone I've ever seen on the net.

Read it and sounds like the disgruntled mumblings of a frustrated housewife whose husband has once again chosen to give almost all the money to his concubine and leave her to manage pittance to conjure a pot of soup.

What this housewife will not tell us is her dirty habits and poor culinary skills!!

Op should never write again!!

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by God1000(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:

Isnt it?

Lol, we're talking about Tinubu's entitlement mentality

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Wickedfacts: 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
Those kerosene drunkards whose parents are forbidden to come out on Mondays will jump here and be spitting crap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by blacknp(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:
This will be very long.
Excellent analogy.
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by blacknp(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
owobokiri:
What a load of hogwash..

Nonsense allegations from an Ipobian Peasant in the land of the fantastically corrupt.
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by blacknp(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Wickedfacts:
Those kerosene drunkards whose parents are forbidden to come out on Mondays will jump here and be spitting crap.
Like owobokirI?
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by blacknp(m): 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:
Lol, we're talking about Tinubu's entitlement mentality
No different from your ipobian mentality.
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by BabaO2: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
God1000:

But what is the yoruba translation of 'it is south east turn' that has been raging long time before Tinubu's 'emilokan' slogan?
Tinubu didn't even say emilokan directly like that, he said it is yoruba's turn and in yoruba setup in APC, it is his turn, so what is the difference from what he said and what ibos have been saying long time before 2022 that he made the statement.
Tinubu might even be very correct by saying it is yoruba's turn, because obasanjo himself is a mere opportunist claiming to be yoruba only by his place of birth and by a yoruba mother only. His father identity was said to be of igbo origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by Wickedfacts: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2023
blacknp:
Like owobokirI?

That one is one of those igbo paupers who seek the destruction of others to drag them down to his level.
I saw the fool crying about the trains in Lagos and I just laughed. This is someone whose ancestors died without a single functional rail in his place. Other states are trying to do something so his children would live better, but he's opposing it. I don't understand how someone can be so committed to self-sabotage like that idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by blacknp(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
lhordspy:

I will love to see you type out your own personal thought . Not what Pa. Adebanjo said.

Take off your mask. Hypocrite.
Correct name for that ipobian turned Obidient called racoon.
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 12:01am On Jan 02, 2023
Wickedfacts:

That one is one of those igbo paupers who seek the destruction of others to drag them down to his level.
I saw the fool crying about the trains in Lagos and I just laughed. This is someone whose ancestors died without a single functional rail in his place. Other states are trying to do something so his children would live better, but he's opposing it. I don't understand how someone can be so committed to self-sabotage like that idiot.

This is the senseless old man back in 2013. 10years later he want me to vote the failure he lambasted and criticised back then.

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by EtinosaDLaw(m): 12:02am On Jan 02, 2023
Ah! This Obasanjo's endorsement really pain this people gan!! grin cheesy

Endorsement that Thiefnubuu went to beg for, OBJ just carry am dash Obi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:03am On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:
This will be very long.

Amala and ewedu miscreant spotted.
Re: Emi Lokan: The Criticism And The Hypocrites by lhordspy: 12:08am On Jan 02, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
Ah! This Obasanjo's endorsement really pain this people gan!! grin cheesy

Endorsement that Thiefnubuu went to beg for, OBJ just carry am dash Obi grin grin grin

Learn to always read. I am not even sure you read the writeup or issue raised there. People like you just want to type and fill your post with laughing emoji.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Adds Bauchi State To His APC Presidential Rally / Rush Hour Cash Out In Labour Party / Give Me Result Of Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.