Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) (1027 Views)

Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by natedroid: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
There’s a weird cranking noise that sometimes emanate from the engine of my few months old RX 350 (2009) Lexus. Bought the car directs Tok and engine is still very sound . I usually notice this weird engine noise whenever the vehicle is parked for a few hour’s especially on hot afternoons

My mechanic said it happens due to oil circulation when you start a car and its normal.

Another mechanic told me it could be that the filter under bottom plate is dusty or it could be that the chains in the engine need to be adjusted. That I should bring it for him to access it .

A friend who uses ES 350 is also experiencing similar issues and his mechanic said it’s the oil circulation when a car parked for a few hours starts

I’m still not satisfied with the mechanics response

I use the normal Mobil sold 9500 at Mobil stations and I’m thinking of switching to Mobil 1 hoping that would correct the noise. A colleague using RX350 uses Mobil 1 and has never encountered issues like this with his car

Please I need the views of experts/engineers in the house

Anybody here experienced a similar issues before ?
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by astOorR(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
I use the same car, am interested in reading the answers.
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by Curious345: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hnmmm
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by nymphomaniac(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
natedroid:
There’s a weird cranking noise that sometimes emanate from the engine of my few months old RX 350 (2009) Lexus. Bought the car directs Tok and engine is still very sound . I usually notice this weird engine noise whenever the vehicle is parked for a few hour’s especially on hot afternoons

My mechanic said it happens due to oil circulation when you start a car and its normal.

Another mechanic told me it could be that the filter under bottom plate is dusty or it could be that the chains in the engine need to be adjusted. That I should bring it for him to access it .

A friend who uses ES 350 is also experiencing similar issues and his mechanic said it’s the oil circulation when a car parked for a few hours starts

I use the normal Mobil sold 9500 at Mobil stations and I’m thinking of switching to Mobil 1 hoping that would correct the noise. A colleague using RX350 uses Mobil 1 and has never encountered issues like this with his car

why are you using OW-50 for a Lexus RX350 though. You should be using at least a 5W-30 semi synthetic oil (though dependent on what the last user was using).

Scan the car and post codes.
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by natedroid: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2022
nymphomaniac:
why are you using OW-50 for a Lexus RX350 though. You should be using at least a 5W-30 semi synthetic oil (though dependent on what the last user was using).

Okay sir
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by homeboy205: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
natedroid:

I don’t think a scan can point to this.

I will suggest you open the bottom tray like suggested and clean the oil pump filter.

That is the first cheap fix

1 Like

Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by Angrygoat: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2022
Oil pump is blocked..rem ypur engine is aluminium
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by dicksonadams(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
look for kingreign on auto section, the guy is good, if you in Abuja
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by nurey(m): 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
natedroid:

https://www.nairaland.com/4105347/rattle-sound-cold-start-rx350

Read the post and start from the op fix first before opening engine
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by natedroid: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2022
I used a fully synthetic Mobil oil when I serviced last week and the noise stopped .
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by natedroid: 8:42am On Dec 21, 2022
nymphomaniac:

Is it okay if I use 5w 40 fully synthetic oil?
Re: A Weird Cranking Noise Coming From The Engine Of RX 350 (2009) by DukeNija(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2022
natedroid:

Is it okay if I use 5w 40 fully synthetic oil?

No use the recommended oil. Not 5w40

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Scale Of Preference In Car Maintenance / How To Avoid Tima Riv In Port-harcourt / My 99 Model Toyota Camry Is Jerking Uncontrollably

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.