Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Are This Stones Valuable?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are This Stones Valuable?? (3184 Views)

Scientist Has Found How The Ancient Egyptians massive Pyramid Stones Were Move! / Most Valuable Currencies In Africa (see Nigeria's Position) / What Is Your Most Valuable Asset In Life?(learn It And Feel Secure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
A cousin of mine sent me these pictures. His wondering what it is and if they may be really valuable.

His got this in pretty large quantity around his neighbourhood.

Pardon my typos.

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by slimjohn2k5: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
They look like quartz, u can list them on eBay n see the value

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
They look like quartz, u can list them on eBay n see the value

Okay. Thanks for your input.

Please how can I go about it.

Modified:
I don't even know what it's called.
Or to even ascertain its value.

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by nnamdi640: 12:33am On Dec 12, 2022
These are emiralds. If it is the original one, he should count himself lucky to have such.

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by lecowas: 5:25am On Dec 12, 2022
These, in 200BC were called the corner stones, once u cut them, the corner glitters even more. Congratulations, You and ur cousin are the next Dangote

But I also pray this is not that same stone we use for scrubbing the sole of our feet when we were small. grin

15 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Nicepoker(m): 5:38am On Dec 12, 2022
Look for a way and write "precious" on each of the stones.

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Papilagreen: 5:53am On Dec 12, 2022
If u can find a way to send it down to america to me I can give it go my professor who is a geologist and they can do some analysis on it and boom if it's what it is u don bank.. so it's ur call..

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by slimjohn2k5: 6:41am On Dec 12, 2022
Papilagreen:
If u can find a way to send it down to america to me I can give it go my professor who is a geologist and they can do some analysis on it and boom if it's what it is u don bank.. so it's ur call..
D pic is enough for you sir

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 7:31am On Dec 12, 2022
nnamdi640:
These are emiralds. If it is the original one, he should count himself lucky to have such.

Wow. I pray so tongue
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Alusiizizi(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2022
FavourNation:
A cousin of mine sent me these pictures. His wondering what it is and if they may be really valuable.

Pardon my typos.

If it's just lying around in his neigbhorhood on top ground instead of under it then it's worthless. From the looks of it my best guess would be that it's sand that has been subject to extreme heat without high pressure(notice the obvious porosity visually), for example lightning. Still worthless at any rate. Virtually all precious stones are forged under both extreme temperature and pressure.

5 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Thurmieee: 7:37am On Dec 12, 2022
Use Google lens na
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by BritishAirways: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2022
Papilagreen:

What happened to all the professors in Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2022
lecowas:
These, in 200BC were called the corner stones, once u cut them, the corner glitters even more. Congratulations, You and ur cousin are the next Dangote

But I also pray this is not that same stone we use for scrubbing the sole of our feet when we were small. grin

Sounds interesting cool cool

The embolden got me laughing. grin grin

Too early to blow the trumpet

Meanwhile, I have searched online and I found something similar. (With a 4fig price tag in $$)

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2022
LoL... Prescious granite
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2022
Thurmieee:
Use Google lens na

Yeah. Already done that.

This was some of the results

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2022
Thurmieee:
Use Google lens na

I tried digging further using the information(Tibetan Green SeaFoam)
gotten from Google Lens, but it wasn't successful.

Another thing pops up.
Don't know if I'm not doing something right.
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Olatara(f): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2022
lecowas:

These stones are not purmice.
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Saintdan0421(m): 8:18am On Dec 12, 2022
nnamdi640:

lol, because of the greenish coloration. I strongly doubt.
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2022
U've got something that seems valuable.

Hold that Ur cousin very well. E get why cool

3 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by dynicks(m): 8:48am On Dec 12, 2022
What the location of this your cousin bro...?...
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by jackie111(m): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2022
How large is the neighbourhood so that we can start budgeting ahead.
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Bintabisiriyu: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2022
These are adamantium stones, a high tolerance metal alloy which can be bended or bonded into any shape, and they are rarely indestructible, for those of us who knows science might have heard of this stone before.

Op just locate any steel factory they will buy it from you
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2022
FavourNation:

Pardon my typos.

That is quartz.

The coloured quartz (green, purple...) are more valuable than the clear quartz because they are rarer.

But quartz are generally not valuable.

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Mercury12(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2022
lecowas:

it seams like one. I don't just know it's name. Our generation has no business with it. Older generations can easily point out it uses among their folks I guess

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by excanny: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2022
FavourNation:

Pardon my typos.

Where is ur cousin located?
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by SUPERBLOOM(f): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2022
Every stone is valuable.. what it's used for determines its value

2 Likes

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by Lamanii22(f): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2022
lecowas:

yeah looks like a pumice stone

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by FavourNation: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2022
dynicks:
What the location of this your cousin bro...?...

Nigeria, Africa tongue

I already asked him to waybill some samples to me for proper identification/observation

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by TUANKU(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2022
nnamdi640:
Emeralds? LMAO... NL geologist just declared some random stones in a not too clear picture as emeralds. Emeralds are 20 times more rare than diamonds and they don't look anything like these.

1 Like

Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by ruggedtimi(m): 10:58am On Dec 12, 2022
Thurmieee:
Use Google lens na
technology they wont learn
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by shox(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2022
These are granites. But they’re rich in the mineral chlorite. Hence the green coloration. They’re usually found in granitic ring dykes located at Jos and probably Gombe area of Nigeria.

Op the stones are only used for Construction and stuffs based on the strength and instead of the beauty
Re: Are This Stones Valuable?? by tellwisdom: 11:02am On Dec 12, 2022
You carry ewedu Water pour ontop stone wey dem de take scrub back of leg De show us for sale. I no buy angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin 2009/2010 Post Ume / Register For Cowbell Mathematics Competition 2012 / Plagiarism Is A Serious Offence! Get Help On Your Final Year Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.