Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press (19427 Views)

Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings / Dele Alake: Tinubu Showed The Calibre Of His Team / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by VicHots(f): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
Going by this press release by ThisDay/Arise media group,then the Tinibu boys(Bayo and Dele) have the right to protect their master!
In announcing the death of someone like Muuez Akande,is there no better way to describe him than being an associate of Tinubu who's being associated with drug related crime in the US(in the past)!
Tinubu in the past belongs to AD/AC/ACN while the person in question is of Accord party! This is a bias reportage!
Anyone that had ever listened to law breaking Oseni on Arise will surely see he is biased against Asiwaju Tinubu
The Arise/ThisDay press release is purely a face saving one!
Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by emkz: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What issues have you raised that I ignored?

David Hundeyin attacked Sam Omatseye on Arise news. But last I checked, Sam Omatseye is not running for president on the platform of APC. The matter is between Sam Omatseye and David Hundeyin. And that particular picture was not shown on Arise TV. It was TVC that showed that picture in relation to the interview. You can accuse Arise News of giving David a platform but fair journalism dictates that Sam should have a right of reply which he did on TVC. Mind you, the Arise interviewer made it clear the goat issue is simply David's claim.
At least Arise TV had the decency to apologize to Tinubu for the mix up which was obviously not deliberate. Has The Nation apologized to Obi for printing his obituary?

Those who printed Sam's obituary were those he labelled IPOB. I think he should be glad the only harm terrorists did to him was to print his obituary and nothing else.

You have tactically sidestepped my question again. My question bothers on a candidate ignoring our media and frolicking with foreign media. There's nothing ordinarily wrong in a candidate having an interview with foreign media outlets. Candidates from other countries do so too. Obama had an interview with BBC while running in 2008. I'm specifically talking about a candidate refusing to speak to our local media while romancing foreign ones. The context is totally different from what your epistle responds to.

Why don't you wait for Dele Alake and Bayo Onanuga to deny the accusation before jumping to their defence? You seem to be too eager to nail Arise TV you're ready to throw anything at them. This shows you're biased against Arise again. First you wrongly accused them of showing a picture they never did just because you saw it on TVC without confirming. Now you're pointedly accusing them of lying!!
I don't think Arise TV and ThisDay will author a statement and make such allegations without cogent evidence. The guys in those organisations are not kids at this kinds of things too.

So Omatseye wrote am article against Obi, IPOB attacked him. You clearly refused to condemn the attack and tried to wish the matter away because it was only the printing of his obituary.

Because Omatseye is not running for President, he can be attacked and insulted, and even threatened by people YOU conveniently label as IPOB? Sam specifically called them supporters of a Presidential candidate.

You further accused me of trying to defend Dele Alake and Bayo Onanuga. All I see are accusations, accusations and attacks, and probably wishing me to defend myself. Why should I defend myself over what you think?

Did you just call a damaging lie against Tinubu a mix up? In your own submission, you said at least they had the decency to apologize. So you implicitly agree Arise News lied. Where then is the bias?

You further say ThisDay and Arise will not author anything without evidence. So you are telling me you believe without evidence! Wow!!!!
Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by kkonyeji(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Asgard73:
Still wondering between Tinubu and Obi who will be more of a brutal dictator.

Apc is evil
OBi na scam..

Wahala..

Your Atiku nko?
Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by BeardedMeat(m): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Banhammy717:
The fact is that mistakes in reporting the death of someone who may not have died is not unusual in the media.
Then you apologize.

AIT did the same in 2015 against Tinubu and Buhari, still they couldn't stop APC from Victory.

Arise/Thisday will still fail.
Tinubu is not buhari. Always remember that. grin
Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
emkz:

So Omatseye wrote am article against Obi, IPOB attacked him. You clearly refused to condemn the attack and tried to wish the matter away because it was only the printing of his obituary.

Because Omatseye is not running for President, he can be attacked and insulted, and even threatened by people YOU conveniently label as IPOB? Sam specifically called them supporters of a Presidential candidate.

You further accused me of trying to defend Dele Alake and Bayo Onanuga. All I see are accusations, accusations and attacks, and probably wishing me to defend myself. Why should I defend myself over what you think?

Did you just call a damaging lie against Tinubu a mix up? In your own submission, you said at least they had the decency to apologize. So you implicitly agree Arise News lied. Where then is the bias?

You further say ThisDay and Arise will not author anything without evidence. So you are telling me you believe without evidence! Wow!!!!
I believe the crux of the argument is partiality of the media and why one should not be condemned while leaving out the other.
IPOB is not a media outfit. As far as Nigerian laws are concerned, they are a terror outfit. So I don't know why you want to bring them forward as an example of media bias. It makes no sense. He labelled Nigerian citizens terrorists for making a democratic choice. I believe that is as bad as them retaliating by printing his obituary, and I believe if they were indeed terrorists, he will suffer worse fate.

I did not label them IPOB. Go back and read the Obituary article. Sam Omatseye clearly labelled Obi supporters as IPOB. He's not the first to do it. It's a popular jest even here on Nairaland. He mentioned that they left Nnamdi Kanu their priest and have found a new prophet in Obi. I don't know if you understand what that means.

Arise News did not lie. They were misled and they apologized to Tinubu when they found out their error. It is standard practice in journalism to issue a correction and to apologize to any who might have been hurt. It does not imply any malice on their part.

You disbelieve their claim without evidence but think it is wrong for me to believe the claims. My point is, I don't understand why you jump in to defend Onanuga and Alake. Why don't you wait a bit and let's see if they will deny. Why are you so quick to jump the gun on their behalf.
This shows what I already called you out for. You are clearly biased against Arise and pro TVC/TheNation.

Actually, you just lied against Arise by claiming they showed a picture of a supposed Sam Omatseye holding a goat with jonathan's name when they never did. You just lied against Arise!! Why?!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by BeardedMeat(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
emkz:

ThisDay and Arise News have always showed they are anti-Tinubu. They have publicly taken a stand as if they have a dog in the fight.

One reason I want Tinubu to win is that they hatred towards that man is alarming. No one hates a bad person who feathers his nest. See how a newspaper talked about a "Noriega moment", stating that they believe Tinubu is a drug baron without independently doing their own investigations. This same media outlet has been fined for spreading unverified news about Tinubu, claiming that INEC was investigating him. This same media outlet allowed David Hundeyin to lie that Sam Omatseye called President Jonathan a goat. Charles Aniagolu also claimed that Tinubu should not allow himself to be interviewed by journalists working for him, seemingly accusing his colleagues on the other side of bias.

Arise News and ThisDay have been anything but fair. This is how they fought Wike and he took them to court. Abati has insulted Wike severally on Arise News.

Those who should be objective keep praising Arise News. Right now, the only objective television station is Channels. All these wannabe journalists in Arise News know nothing about professional ethics.

Finally, Nduka Obaigbena has been accused of collecting money from former NSA Dasuki. He should clear himself. He should also tell us why the Arise MD Ijeoma Nwaogwugwu resigned. He should also tell us that ThisDay did not make money by doing PR for PDP politicians from the Jonathan years, and doing PR for Atiku right now. I am quite shocked how they have suddenly become so patriotic as if they are not after protecting their business interests.

One thing I want from this election is a media war. Many of those in the media we think are fighting for our interests are only after protecting their business interests. Should Reuben Abati who contested as a running mate with Buruju Kashamu be speaking against APC in a media outlet and we praise him for objectivity? Should Rufai Oseni who publicly supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 be speaking against APC and we expect objectivity? Was Nduka Obaigbena not showed on video praising Tambuwal as the slayer of Wike and a future Nigerian President during his mother's funeral? Have you seen the Chairmen of Punch, Channels TV, Vanguard, etc engaging in such? Do you even know the Chairman of Punch newspapers?

The big issue is that many attempted to become politically conscious this year and are not aware of the antecedents of some of those pretending to fight for us. They are first and foremost businessmen. Their profit is more important than you.
Arise TV has not done half of what Punch did and still doing to buhari.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by Talknochip(m): 3:48am On Dec 13, 2022
It shall not be well for all those who see nothing wrong in what the political class especially those of the APC stock has put Nigerians into.

By campaigning for Tinubu, may their generation suffer 100 times what Nigerians are suffering in this life and after this life.

People are suffering. And the only thing those goats are concern about is how to make someone a president because he said it is his turn..

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by ibinaboonline: 5:12am On Dec 13, 2022
They're only asking nicely now. Wait till they get into power.
Re: ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press by madapcmod: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2022
Una never win election, Una don dey mark station to shut down.

Cowards

Sue them if the information they aired are wrong or go to the station and defend yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack / FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.