Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto (915 Views)

How Often Does One Need To Change Gear Oil / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. / 205/70/R15 On Camry 2001: Auto Gurus And Those With Experience Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by Musty4ahmed1: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
Please I went to do my Alinghment after my mechanic did some work on my Toyota camry 2001, I was told that my manual gear oil is short. I never knew that an Auto Transmission car like my car uses manual gear oil. The guy told me to buy the oil else my gear may pack up in no distant time. Please I want to know if it is true that their is manual transmission oil for Toyota camry 2001 and what is the recommended manual oil. I need your advice before I get back to the
Alignment guy tomorrow. Thank you.

CC.: Engr GAZZUZZ
King Nurey
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by RZArecta(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
If your car is automatic, buy the recommended transmission fluid but first, get another mechanic to check on your transmission first. What's the fluid level ? How does the car drive ?
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by nurey(m): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
Musty4ahmed1:
Please I went to do my Alinghment after my mechanic did some work on my Toyota camry 2001, I was told that my manual gear oil is short. I never knew that a Transmission car like my car uses manual gear oil. The guy told me to buy the oil else my gear may pack up in no distant time. Please I want to know if it is true that their is manual transmission oil for Toyota camry 2001 and what is the recommended manual oil. I need your advice before I get back to the
Alignment guy tomorrow. Thank you.

Yes manual transmission uses transmission oil nah only that the oil can last years without changing.

As for recommended give the mechanic to buy the oil or enter any spare part seller and ask for gear oil for transmission anyone available would do but recommended is 75W80

1 Like

Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by Musty4ahmed1: 2:58am On Dec 14, 2022
nurey:

Yes manual transmission uses transmission oil nah only that the oil can last years without changing.

As for recommended give the mechanic to buy the oil or enter any spare part seller and ask for gear oil for transmission anyone available would do but recommended is 75W80
. My car is Auto tranny, I made a research what the guy was referring to is the differential oil. What is the recommended fluid for the differential gear? Thank you
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by nurey(m): 9:09am On Dec 14, 2022
Musty4ahmed1:
. My car is Auto tranny, I made a research what the guy was referring to is the differential oil. What is the recommended fluid for the differential gear? Thank you

I researched and found out the 97 to 2001 auto FWD camry indeed has a differential oil that is around 1.6L, the recommended oil is still dextron III same as transmission oil.

https://www.nairaland.com/4020888/axle-oil-toyota-camry-2001

Check the link to confirm

1 Like

Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by Musty4ahmed1: 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
nurey:

I researched and found out the 97 to 2001 auto FWD camry indeed has a differential oil that is around 1.6L, the recommended oil is still dextron III same as transmission oil.

https://www.nairaland.com/4020888/axle-oil-toyota-camry-2001

Check the link to confirm
OK. Thank you, I got Destron Ill for the differential oil
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by Angrygoat: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
Buy oando dextron 2 or 3 2 litres. 1 liter 2800.
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by jadekusibe: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
Musty4ahmed1:
Yes differential oil is 4 ur car model and it is available at aftermarket shops .there is a differential axle at the backend of ur car, that needed constant lubrication , contact me on this xup no for more technical services assistance
Re: Is There Manual Gear Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Auto by jadekusibe: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
This is xup no in case 08059652028

(1) (Reply)

Your Mechanic Is Cooking A Lie To Tell You / A Toyota Car With 600plus Pls Advice / Advice Needed On 2007 VW Jetta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.