Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (10331 Views)

I Suffered In My Marriage But Am A Survivor / Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage / This Question Is For The Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Finecat(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2011
Why not marry her and let her stay in her parents house till she gets a job. grin
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2011
30,000 naira will do, as far as you have rich guy men neighbours that will be fucking your jobless wife in exchange for a BB torch and Brazillian hair when you leave for your motherfucking 30k job. Big fool
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by chuksme(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2011
Guy,there is no need to be afraid of anything.I have seen so many guys that earn below the salary u mentioned that have married and are doing well.Marriege money,but is how maturely u can plan ,handle and manage urself. Even if u have N20,000 as ur salary it depends on what i told u above.Guy as far as the lady has agreed,u can go ahead,there is no problem,i am telling u the reality.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Natudu: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2011
@OP,
The kind of man whose marriage would survive on 30K will not have access to Nairaland to ask your type of question  smiley
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Osama10(m): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2011
Natudu:

@OP,
The kind of man whose marriage would survive on 30K will not have access to Nairaland to ask your type of question smiley

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2011
It's very possible.
Do not despise that little begining.
You only need to work harder and
Encourage your wife-to-be to find something doing
While she awaits a white collar job, She could pick up a teaching job, or develop her vocational career to support the family

Peradventure, you choose to wait till you earn much more, do you know how long you might have to wait?

Seize every opportunity to get going, you won't earn that amount 30k forever

Get started with your wedding plans, go ahead and in a matter of time, it would be a history!

Alot of people have waited and are till waiting till they have sufficient fund for wedding, the sad thing is that the OLDER they become, too!.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Josh316(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
i'm planing of marriage

BOOOOOOOMMM!!! BOMB BLAST!!!!
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
YES.LIVE IN ONE Room.has only 2 kids.prevent diseases.live healthy and spiritual life.do small farming.simple focus life.no alcohol or extramarital life.buy 2nd hand materials and maintain them.avoid unnecessary outings.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by jackpot(f): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
^you forgot to add. ."the wife to be should use tissue in place of menstrual pad"
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by publisher(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
suicide!!!
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by antonion(m): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
i earn something like N132532.00 a month but that's not enough for me to get maried .
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by dayokanu(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
Wetin you wan dey chop.

You can marry but make sure you dont have kids cos you just want to introduce innocent kids to poverty early in life
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by jackpot(f): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
antonion:

i earn something like N132532.00 a month but that's not enough for me to get maried .
on average, how much do you save in a month?
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by maasoap(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
@OP, Marriage is a matter that has to do with time factor. If your're due for marriage, get married. Many people married when the going was tough financially, and today they're living fine. My brother is a living testimony. You can't get accurate advice here or there as far as financial aspect in marriage is concerned. Listen, what advice do you want a man/woman who can't enter into matrimony with income of 80 or 100k to give you? Nairaland is full of kids who still collect monthly allowance from their parents, and in many cases, they collect far above your 30k per month. What advice do you want them to give you? Many couple entered marriage with less than 30k nowadays. What you need to do is to discuss the issue with your fiancee to see if she is physically, emotionally and psychologically ready as things are now for you both. In addition, a little more sincerity is expected on the posters of this kind of thread in the sense that more info is required to help people advise you better. Such as your age, your fiancee's age, your location (city), etc. After all, we're all anonymous here.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Gbenge77(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
You could choose to wait until your income waxes substantially.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by brostommy: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
Dear Leomax,

Please, stop cursing and insulting the poster. If somebody ask you, guys, for advice, please provide the advice in a respectful manner. Anyway, the way one talk or comment proves one`s attitude, age, and maturity. If you are able to make more than 30k a month, give thanks to God because you are oppoturned to make  more than that. If you are making 300,000k or $5,000 a month, you may lose the job anytime and live a worse life. The poster should follow his mind. Nobody is able to see tommorrow. Learn to respect others regardless the age.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
when suffer start now, una go begin blame Boko haram
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by passyjango(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
Of course, N30,000 is possible but will not be easy. First you and your wife must be disciplined and cut your coat according to your size. The wedding should be modest, invite a few people that matter for your wedding. N80,000 will be enough for such a wedding. Your problem could be the traditional marriage. However, if you are low on budget you must not do everything, just the introduction and wedding.

If you are earning N30,000 make sure your wife is not still a student who you have to be spending money to train but someone who has completed NYSC and hence viable financially so that she could start contributing to the family. It is also important to avoid shallow ladies and go for ladies with mature minds.

Both of you should manage, but you must also aim for higher things. There are married people surviving on less than N30,000. The important thing is not to live above your means. Look for a modest accommodation, buy food in-bulk instead of in small quantity. For example a bag of rice is cheaper in the long run compared to cups, the same goes for other food stuffs and FMCGs.

Remember that what counts at the end of the day is not how much you earn but how much you save and how wisely you invest your little savings to create other income streams.

Do not mind people telling you to wait until your situation improves except if you are still young (less than 30 years). If you are already 35 or more and still earning N30,000, you have nothing to wait for especially if their is a worthy lady in the picture.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by armyofone(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

when suffer start now, una go begin blame Boko haram

no, dem go blame witch.

dont try it. if you do make sure No KIDS !!

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by 190smh: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
armyofone:

no, dem go blame witch.

dont try it. if you do make sure No KIDS !!

thats why I love you my wife, You make enough money for both of us to live on, All I need to do is too keep fit and lay the pipe well
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Digriz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
Op pls disregard wat some of ths posters are saying and get married bt u hv to do it if ur answers on the following is positive.
1.Hv u worked for a long time thereby having saved a substantial amt.?
2.I hope u dnt hv dependent i.e smone u are sponsoring?
3. Am sure u are nt based in Lagos,Ph,Abuja and other big cities where cost of living is very high.?
4. I hope u are nt extravagant?
Pls if u fail any of ths just forget about d plan.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by foreignboy: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
i wounder why some people come to nairaland and ask stupid questions.how can you be earning 30,000 and thinking of marriage,are you well at all?how do you expect to feed your family,cloth them,pay your children school fees,fuel your generator,pay your house rent,your nepa bill and many more from a loisy 30,000.do you want to suffer tommorrow.do you want your kids to regret having you as a father.do you want your family to suffer.my frend be wise.this is all i have to say.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by sley4life(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
if ure thinking if 30k will sustain u monthly it means u wont av any marriage @ all. U might get beta dough afta u get married
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by jackpot(f): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
Laalamed:

YES.LIVE IN ONE Room.has only 2 kids.prevent diseases.live healthy and spiritual life.do small farming.simple focus life.no alcohol or extramarital life.buy 2nd hand materials and maintain them.avoid unnecessary outings.
jackpot:

^you forgot to add. ."the wife-to-be should be using tissue in place of menstrual pad"
[b]
@OP

Have you ever thought of court wedding too? You can do it with 5000 Naira. Invite a few people, fetch a barrister and get it done. wink

Next, if you must thank somebody for something, instead of buying red wine (eg. Eva, Calypso, Cocktailz), try giving them Aromatic Schnapps: it's cheaper, i think it goes for 150 Naira now. wink

Next, don't climb bike unnecessarily. If you must go to work before 8am, try waking up very early and start trekking. If the place is that far, trek a reasonable distance before entering preferably keke(it's cheaper than bike) wink

Also, don't buy kerosene from black market; buy only from NNPC Mega Station at 50 naira only. Or you may even try using firewood to cook. wink

Next, when the child starts coming, teach them the art of bead-making: beads which you'll later sell for more income; it's called child support and it's legal and safer than child hawking. smiley

Next, uproot all flowers in your compound and plant "commercial leaves" or vegetables like green, 'ugu' or bitter-leaf. You may even sell them when they're in surplus so as to supplement your income. wink

Also, buy needle and threads, whenever your clothes tore, use it and patch them up: avoid tailors for now. wink

Next, buy more of 'okirika' clothes instead of those ready-made clothes. Yeah you know, OK clothes last longer and costs less. wink

Finally, while your wife is still searching for work, she should engage herself in the morning by frying and selling Akara and Bread. wink

Thank me later! cheesy
[/b]
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by jackpot(f): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
wink :d
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
wink
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ForeignBoy
lolol, you responded as if it's the poster's fault for earning such amount of money!

It's not his doing! It's the ill society that we find ourselve! And, mind you there are many more graduates whose salaries are within the said amount. Yes, it's pathetic! But, what can they do? Sadly, some CEOs pay their graduate workers same ridiculous amount of money because they know that most of them got nowhere to go nor got anything to fall back to, especially due to present unemployment crisis.

My opinion is that regardless of what anyone earns at the end of the month, our lives can be brigthened, we should learn to cut our coat according to our cloth! The poster should seize every opportunity to improve on himself and be diligent t his work. Yes! With 30k, you can make things happen, if you've got a very supportive wife and family.

Mind you, the much-talked about minimum wage for government worker is 18k, so 30k is still much better off and life must be lived, life must go on, until things turn around for good, smiley

#and who says things can't go better even after your wedding? Oh! Ye short-sighted men. smiley
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
That kinda money is not good enuf to make a home . . .
However, if your office is close to home and within walking distance, you might be aiight, and make sure you have paid for at least 2 years rent and all u guys need is money for food and take care of body, but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont have a child yet with such money, cos raising a child is not cheap
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by dapojaja(m): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
The poster can still bring children into the N30,000/Month game. They'll use nappies instead of pampers, plenty of watery pap instead of baby food, and as early said by some pple, they'll live one room face me I slap u, so the kids could grow very strong on time, plenty of local herbs (agbo olomo).

Advantages:
Kids will grow to start walking and talking quickly
U can take advantage of Face me Face u of borrowing anything from matches, to salt, pepper, kerosine, wife & children will watch movies for another neighbor's room, etc

Disadvantages:
If somebody slap u, u can quickly return ur own slap without much effort
Ur wife can get bleeped by a better neighbor when u've gone to work
If u r cooking by ur door step, within a split second u r out of view, ur pot could get missing,
plenty things u've already experienced while growing up.

Cheers!
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^ Na wa oh
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by armyofone(m): 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
dapojaja:

The poster can still bring children into the N30,000/Month game. They'll use nappies instead of pampers, plenty of watery pap instead of baby food, and as early said by some pple, they'll live one room face me I slap u, so the kids could grow very strong on time, plenty of local herbs (agbo olomo).

Advantages:
Kids will grow to start walking and talking quickly
U can take advantage of Face me Face u of borrowing anything from matches, to salt, pepper, kerosine, wife & children will watch movies for another neighbor's room, etc

Disadvantages:
If somebody slap u, u can quickly return your own slap without much effort
your wife can get bleeped by a better neighbor when u've gone to work
If u r cooking by your door step, within a split second u r out of view, your pot could get missing,
plenty things u've already experienced while growing up.

Cheers!

oh, laughing to hard. well, the best is what i wish the OP . . . the kind of life above is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed borrow everything to cook family meals? undecided
odikwa egwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife And I Have Fought Again And I Think I Want Out / Nairaland Lost A Member Yesterday Evening ( Pics ) / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.