Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution (20662 Views)

Obasanjo Meets Ohanaeze Leaders In Imo / Ifeanyi Okowa & Wife, Edith, Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Throwback Pix / COVID-19: Okowa, Wife And Daughter Recover As They Test Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by PDJT: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ojiofor:

Go and sit down mr fault finder

With the above you are suppose to have moved on.

-We're not quarreling. It's up to you to educate yourself, or not to. Do take care.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by 1Dray(m): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Contestants are going about campaigning to the electorates and one packaged fraud is jumping from one church to the other giving religious coloration to the election.

Which president is he actually contesting for? Is it CAN president or biafuro president?

That one is really getting you, Tinubu and other urchins really jittery. You urinate on your undies remembering that one is in the race and a front runner. Keep crying... You tears is sweet and will be used in watering farms in the north once Obi win.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by GUNITGuy: 12:29am On Dec 15, 2022
So that your husband can continue looting for isiewu....Utazi with good eba
Continue campaigning
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by asanausana91: 2:46am On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:
I have NEVER seen his husband in any serious Igbo meeting since his emergence in the Nigerian polyical scene! He has NEVER made any serious attempt to brandish his much vaunted Igbo heritage until he conspired with Atiku to snatch the PDP vee pee slot. I stand to be corrected though..

Infact, during the early stages of his tenure as the governor, he was deliberately trying to showcase his "Bendel" identity. Always in the news talking about the need to revive the spirits of the old Bendel. Everything came to scritching hault immediately Atiku tried to play him as the Igbo candidate for his Vee Pee position.

The former governor there at Asaba before him, Dr Uduaghan, an itshekiri man, had a better working relationship with Peter Obi than this one has ever had with either Obiano or Soludo. Uduaghan was always attending big events in Anambra,Okowa selsoms visits the East.

So when folks like Atiku try to score cheap political points by brandishing his "Ifeanyichukwu" name for political gains, they have to be reminded that at this stage of Igbo nationalism, this kind of fakery and fuckery won't fly..
have you ever seen Peter Obi wife in any Igbo women meeting?
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Judolisco(m): 2:58am On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:
I have NEVER seen his husband in any serious Igbo meeting since his emergence in the Nigerian polyical scene! He has NEVER made any serious attempt to brandish his much vaunted Igbo heritage until he conspired with Atiku to snatch the PDP vee pee slot. I stand to be corrected though..

Infact, during the early stages of his tenure as the governor, he was deliberately trying to showcase his "Bendel" identity. Always in the news talking about the need to revive the spirits of the old Bendel. Everything came to scritching hault immediately Atiku tried to play him as the Igbo candidate for his Vee Pee position.

The former governor there at Asaba before him, Dr Uduaghan, an itshekiri man, had a better working relationship with Peter Obi than this one has ever had with either Obiano or Soludo. Uduaghan was always attending big events in Anambra,Okowa selsoms visits the East.

So when folks like Atiku try to score cheap political points by brandishing his "Ifeanyichukwu" name for political gains, they have to be reminded that at this stage of Igbo nationalism, this kind of fakery and fuckery won't fly..
d same stuff we're telling u guys.. Its when u want to take power you'll start saying dis one is igbo, dis one is not Igbo.... Do u knw shettima is not a hausa or fulani man, but u won't hear northerners shouting up and down that he is not part of them... Na God go help una o
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Laple0541(m): 3:14am On Dec 15, 2022
Obi's wife knows her husband can never win, she hardly bothered herself campaigning for the fraudster.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by ariesbull: 4:09am On Dec 15, 2022
they said that we don't have igbo in Delta State

Clowns everywhere
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by tishbite41(m): 4:47am On Dec 15, 2022
Ojiofor:

Ifeanyi Okowa is an Igboman he does not need validation from anybody.I remain a staunch Peter Obi supporter but nobody should question anybody's Igboness because you are not the custodian of the Igbo tribe.
God bless you
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by tishbite41(m): 4:49am On Dec 15, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

No mind them ...Okowa that sounds more like a Benin name than anything igbo
Okoro is also Benin
Mugu
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by johnrx: 6:11am On Dec 15, 2022
Igbos hate okowa but they like Yusuf Datti, see what hypocrites can do

1 Like

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by uniquetechng: 7:16am On Dec 15, 2022
highchief1:
u r a foolish person I’m sure you didn’t read what he wrote.let me explain for u dundi.sammie Okposo corps was today rejected by isoko ppl in Lagos because they said he never identified with them during his hay days as a gospel singer.so they will not recognize him as one of their own.Op was only reminding ppl that u cannot just wake up because u need a pll and start fake familiarity with them.foolish pll like u can fall but some of us can never.he may be Igbo but even the Igbo has their cast system(OSU) Okowa can be described as an OSU.
Okowa attends Ndigbo meetings and pays his contributions as at when due over the years, long before he became Vice Presidential candidate. One of my brother's late friend in Asaba was Okowa's aide that's why I know all these.
You can do your findings, Okowa has always identify with Igbos, the truth is that you Igbos don't like each other as Enugu man sees Anambra or Ebonyi man as less Igbo than himself.

3 Likes

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by AutomaticMotors: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2022
tishbite41:

Okoro is also Benin
Mugu

Yes!! Bamb00
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Mrmb: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2022
GLeesMODEL:
Okowa's Wife Meets With Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution To Nation Building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvcFl2KRLs

First Lady of Delta State and wife of PDP vice presidential candidate, Dame Edith Okowa at the weekend met with the women wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide in Asaba, the state capital.

The women wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide had converged for a crucial meeting from across the 36 states of the country and the FCT as part of strategies towards rallying support for a presidential candidate ahead of the 2023 general elections.

The Delta state First Lady congratulated the women for being vocal in demand for their rights especially as the global community consistently makes efforts to harness the potentials of women.

She said women are critical stakeholders in nation building and applauded the women wing Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide to choosing Asaba for their strategic meeting.

She assured them of the support of Delta State government in assisting women to realize their full potentials without limit on the account of their natural configuration.

In her response, the Women Leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Chief Mrs. Rita Daniels Chukwuji thanked her for identifying with the women during their meeting.

She commended the First Lady for amplifying the plight of women in the state, especially regarding sexual and gender-based violence, noting that women wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide will continue to speak up to protect the rights and dignity of the girl child.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/12/okowas-wife-meets-with-ohanaeze-ndigbo_14.html
grin the small hall no even full
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by ProudImolite: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:

Simple and short
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Kizyte(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2022
post=119152328:

Okowa is our brother we can't leave competent Presidential candidate for Vice Presidential Candidate
This is the best comment I've seen today!

1 Like

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by ProudImolite: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Igbo can not rule Nigeria. Besides, Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa said it is BIAFRA IGBO People want grin grin

IGBO People should stick to their Biafran agitation. Let's passionate Nigerians aspire to be President.
But an Igbo man is already running, all you can do is rant on social media and cry all you want . We will continue to contest, ozu
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by highchief1: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2022
uniquetechng:
Okowa attends Ndigbo meetings and pays his contributions as at when due over the years, long before he became Vice Presidential candidate. One of my brother's late friend in Asaba was Okowa's aide that's why I know all these.
You can do your findings, Okowa has always identify with Igbos, the truth is that you Igbos don't like each other as Enugu man sees Anambra or Ebonyi man as less Igbo than himself.
lol I won’t argue with u.u r not half as close to Okowa as I am.he was the one that set me up in life financially.I am what I am today tru him.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by uniquetechng: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2022
highchief1:
lol I won’t argue with u.u r not half as close to Okowa as I am.he was the one that set me up in life financially.I am what I am today tru him.
Ask any Ohanaeze member, Okowa attends their meetings and pays his contributions, if you don't know this then you are not close to him as claimed.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by shortIGBOman: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2022
ProudImolite:
But an Igbo man is already running, all you can do is rant on social media and cry all you want . We will continue to contest, ozu

He is running but you he can't win. We go show Peter Obi shege for North grin

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Xbobtage: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:

You dont get to tell people about how to go about showing their igboness neither should anyone who is from igbo clan needs any ones elses validation to assert their igboness. What does that even mean? Was Okowa ever part of Igbo meetings in Ikaland? then he was in an igbo meeting, and pursing an Igbo cause, he doesnt have to come to Ebonyi or Imo state for your validation. Neither should he cut ties the Anioma people have with Edo state in former Bendel state for Gods Sake. As a matter fact Okowa pursuing the Bendel Aliance is all for the Greater Good of your people that is a Healthy Alliance, because that Alliance endears all the clans within that alliance to the rest of the general igbo population. Let me restate that phrase so that you better see how that is in your interest. An igbo group in Delta State seeks to rekindle old Alliance with Edo State, can you see how that connects to you now without Anioma in the sentence?

Another way to look at this is my people Rivers State in the name of statehood are calling Etche, Ikwerre , Egbema people etc as our Brothers, these are igboic clans, our association with them, their music and culture puts the entire igbo people on a soft landing with us and vice versa.

Most importantly we are all Black People in this country for Godsake, Whats the big deal with tribal Annotations. If I wanted to be a Yoruba Man or Hausa tomorrow All I need to do is move to a Big City in the South West, Change my Name and That of My kids born and unborn, adopt the language and culture, participate actively and positively in the community and keep mentioning that I am originally from another Big SW city, 20years from now I will officially be seen and known as a Yoruba Man and so will my children. This is how Asari Dokubo became an Ijaw Man, probably how tinubu became a Yoruba Man, etc. It is easy for us to love ourselves, if the Brits had forced us all to change language during colonization and banned indigenous languages, we would all be considered one people. Imagine how hard it is for people in countries with Multiple races like Malaysia, Singapore, Russia etc where a name and culture change can not turn you into the other race and yet they embrace themselves as Brothers.

It is well oh!
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Mekharay007(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2022
Okowa wife even pierce her nose, what level of irresponsibility.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by highchief1: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2022
uniquetechng:
Ask any Ohanaeze member, Okowa attends their meetings and pays his contributions, if you don't know this then you are not close to him as claimed.
ok sir can I go now?
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by owobokiri(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Xbobtage:

You dont get to tell people about how to go about showing their igboness neither should anyone who is from igbo clan needs any ones elses validation to assert their igboness. What does that even mean? Was Okowa ever part of Igbo meetings in Ikaland? then he was in an igbo meeting, and pursing an Igbo cause, he doesnt have to come to Ebonyi or Imo state for your validation. Neither should he cut ties the Anioma people have with Edo state in former Bendel state for Gods Sake. As a matter fact Okowa pursuing the Bendel Aliance is all for the Greater Good of your people that is a Healthy Alliance, because that Alliance endears all the clans within that alliance to the rest of the general igbo population. Let me restate that phrase so that you better see how that is in your interest. An igbo group in Delta State seeks to rekindle old Alliance with Edo State, can you see how that connects to you now without Anioma in the sentence?

Another way to look at this is my people Rivers State in the name of statehood are calling Etche, Ikwerre , Egbema people etc as our Brothers, these are igboic clans, our association with them, their music and culture puts the entire igbo people on a soft landing with us and vice versa.

Most importantly we are all Black People in this country for Godsake, Whats the big deal with tribal Annotations. If I wanted to be a Yoruba Man or Hausa tomorrow All I need to do is move to a Big City in the South West, Change my Name and That of My kids born and unborn, adopt the language and culture, participate actively and positively in the community and keep mentioning that I am originally from another Big SW city, 20years from now I will officially be seen and known as a Yoruba Man and so will my children. This is how Asari Dokubo became an Ijaw Man, probably how tinubu became a Yoruba Man, etc. It is easy for us to love ourselves, if the Brits had forced us all to change language during colonization and banned indigenous languages, we would all be considered one people. Imagine how hard it is for people in countries with Multiple races like Malaysia, Singapore, Russia etc where a name and culture change can not turn you into the other race and yet they embrace themselves as Brothers.

It is well oh!

I'm not saying he's not Igbo Or not.
That's above my pay grade!
All I'm trying to expose is the infuriating identity crises that has bedeviled most Igbo border communities since the end of the war. The regrettable existence of this confusion has only created enough space for outsiders with diabolical intentions to manipulate and divide..

Gov Wike, Ms Onochie and the likes of Sunday Oliseh suffer from this endemic crises. It creates avoidable confusions as it regards the relationship between brothers. They're all igbos who will give you a million reasons why they're not! Okowa is from the same area as Madam Onochie. Go to their Facebook groups and witness the anti Igbo vitriol that acts as the oxygen for their gorry existence. It's confounding..

In this kind of atmosphere, we don't know who's who!
Okowa was around politically for a long time to put an end to any sort of confusion on this issue. He didn't do so! Rather, he continued to parrot all sorts of pro Bendel nationalism amongst the fringe Igbo communities of the Delta. That's counterproductive. Trying to ascertain what Igbo means to him is totally different from questioning his igboness! I didn't do the later. I was Just curious to know the former... To me he's Igbo! What I don't know is what igboness means to him.., and I will like to know this..
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Nword223: 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
DevilSignature:

NWA nnem don't try to unify the Igbo cos no one make you a unifier.
In the outskirts of politics person like ifeanyi okowa won't agree to be Igbo or associate himself with the Igbos he will rather claim their illusion Niger Delta. Now the election is here he will try to rebrand himself to suit in

Mr Awusa man keep quiet there, you have no right to question any igboman where ever they come from. Get lost.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by shortIGBOman: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nword223:

Useless north with sickness, poverty and illitracy, you are one of them animal.

The above statement just described the South EAST cheesy grin

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Nword223: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

The above statement just described the South EAST cheesy grin

Go check the region with pooorest people in nigeria and thank me foolish animal.
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by shortIGBOman: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nword223:

Go check the region with pooorest people in nigeria and thank me foolish animal.

The poorest people in the North are people from the EAST. grin grin

Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by shortIGBOman: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
Xbobtage:

It is well oh!

Okowa is not Igbo. He is only claiming to be Igbo for political gains. All he needed is your 5% votes. After that, if you call am IGBO, he go shoot you with Gun. grin grin
Re: Edith, Okowa's Wife Meets Ohanaeze Ndigbo Women In Asaba, Applauds Contribution by Nword223: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

The poorest people in the North are people from the EAST. grin grin

Have you given your muslim sisters with smelling pucci to alfa today for food...useless inferior animal- human blacky that can't be like us for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tradermoni Recipent Claimed #8000 Was Paid Instead Of #10000 (pix) / Fuel Subsidy Threatened Nigeria’s Survival, Made Marketers Rich — TUC / Hundreds Of Youths Protest Against Police Brutality In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.