Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member (2136 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Mancala: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

I concur, there is no peace for the wicked he should die and rots in hell

When someone you care about, or you think should care about you hurts you, you can hold on to anger and resentment or embrace forgiveness and move forward. You are not doing it for the person, you are doing it for yourself. You are absolutely correct that you don't owe him anything, but the benefits of forgiveness will all accrue to you. Anger/resentment surreptitiously eats a person up from the inside and does lots of emotional damage. You are obviously still very angry with him and that's natural, but believe me, its better to forgive and move on, but never put yourself in a position for him to hurt you again.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Fountainofyouth(f): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
Karleb:

Extend this to deadbeat moms too. We have many of them.

Read properly

I said "treat a spouse badly"

Don't try to make it a gender thing.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mancala:

When someone you care about, or you think should care about you hurts you, you can hold on to anger and resentment or embrace forgiveness and move forward. You are not doing it for the person, you are doing it for yourself. You are absolutely correct that you don't owe him anything, but the benefits of forgiveness will all accrue to you. Anger/resentment surreptitiously eats a person up from the inside and does lots of emotional damage. You are obviously still very angry with him and that's natural, but believe me, its better to forgive and move on, but never put yourself in a position for him to hurt you again.
Forgiveness in this case mean to start caring for him? Like I said earlier it’s solely her decision and not a must.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by AndroidAI(m): 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mancala:

He can forgive for his own peace of mind. But he doesn't owe him a kobo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aurelius1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Aguiyimba:

Tomorrow, you will regret your action.
You lie!!! She regrets nothing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by nabiz(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

I will not help him i rather use the money to wipes my bum bum than giving him , he deserve to suffer until his last day on earth
thank God you post this online. Pls don't make the mistake your father made. Pls forgive and help your dad and you will be blessed abondantly. If you are sure you will not hurt someone in this world, then you don't have to bother but if you think you may mistakenly hurt someone pls go forgive and help your dad if not their is 100% chance someone you offended may reward you in your own coin. I am talking from experience bro. Let whoever that has not committed a sin cast the stone. Pls forgive your dad for your own good and believe me nature will reward you. Don't believe people s advice, unless you are sure you will not offend someone as you live. Go and write it down today you will suffered for it if you don't forgive your dad unless you are sure you will not hurt someone else. As earlier said I am talking from experience. If you are in a position to save your dad and you refuse, believe me you will suffer for it unless you don't hurt someone as you live.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
nabiz:
thank God you post this online. Pls don't make the mistake your father made. Pls forgive and help your dad and you will be blessed abondantly. If you are sure you will not hurt someone in this world, then you don't have to bother but if you think you may mistakenly hurt someone pls go forgive and help your dad if not their is 100% chance someone you offended may reward you in your own coin. I am talking from experience bro. Let whoever that has not committed a sin cast the stone. Pls forgive your dad for your own good and believe me nature will reward you. Don't believe people s advice, unless you are sure you will not offend someone as you live. Go and write it down today you will suffered for it if you don't forgive your dad unless you are sure you will not hurt someone else. As earlier said I am talking from experience. If you are in a position to save your dad and you refuse, believe me you will suffer for it unless you don't hurt someone as you live.

I am laughing so hard at your stupid comments you are trying to guilt trip me for his stupid decision , if i were you i wouldn't even post this shit because you sounded like a person without brain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Klass99:
I'm I the only one irritated by phrases like;
1. He is still your dad.
2. Your dad is your dad.
3. Forgive him for your sake and the sake of your children.

Is anyone contesting paternity or ownership of Bethany here? Why do they feel a need to remind her, he is her father? She said so herself in her first post na and we all know he is her father.

Is giving birth, now, a valid reason or enough justification for any child to help a father? Even when that father didn't do good, do right or do well by his family? Hian, fatherhood goes beyond fcking and ejaculating inside a woman to create a foetus. Any fool can do that, it is not that hard.

They've now left the topic/question to focus on Bethany.

That shows you how much the society we live support evil and bad behaviors. People in our society and responsibility are like the North and South pole.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Karleb:

Extend this to deadbeat moms too. We have many of them.

The deadbeat moms are very deadly.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
nabiz:

Keep your experience to yourself. You can't project your own reality on everybody. Not everyone is gullible to follow herd mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
nabiz:
Lol, so God will punish her for not forgiving her? Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

I am laughing so hard at your stupid comments you are trying to guilt trip me for his stupid decision , if i were you i wouldn't even post this shit because you sounded like a person without brain.
Don’t mind him but I’m of the opinion that you forgive him if you can, just try.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
peepydelano:
Don’t mind him but I’m of the opinion that you forgive him if you can, just try.

He expects me to forgive and pay for his treatment i can forgive him but paying for his treatments is a big no.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Klass99(f): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aguiyimba(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Aurelius1:
You lie!!! She regrets nothing.

Watch and see
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

He expects me to forgive and pay for his treatment i can forgive him but paying for his treatments is a big no.
You are right, it’s also good if you can overlook things and pay for his treatment, the decision to do that is solely yours to take. You don’t owe him anything but like I said you can be the bigger person
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by oluwaseyi0: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mancala:

She should forgive him, but working and sending the money to deadbeat father is a no no to me

She can call him to check up occasionally

If you want to be a deadbeat you should be ready for the consequences

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by oluwaseyi0: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

If he is still rich and healthy at this age do you think he will finally remember you as his daughter

Let's say he wins a 100million jackpot at this his age without been sick, will he call you that he has repented?

I'm sorry to tell you that your father has not change, and will never change, he's just doing all this because he needs you and not because he love you, he will never have look at your side in a million years if reversed was the case

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 3:16am On Dec 16, 2022
Klass99:

I don't get it! What I find extremely annoying is how most of these zombies with herd mentality want to blame a victim and make them feel bad for taking a hard stance and refusing to engage with a perpetrator of their pain and misery.

They come at you with their usual BS of forgive and forget, forgiveness is for you not the other person, no one knows tomorrow, blah blah blah. She said in one post she has forgiven him, but no, in their small minds she must help him, as if it is by force.

You can forgive someone and not want to have anything to do with them. Forgiveness to me means that there is no malice in my heart towards you, it doesn't mean we are chummy chummy or I must help you when you reach out.

Right!
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Jheypeel(m): 5:31am On Dec 16, 2022
Una dy vex o grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MrHighSea: 5:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Aguiyimba:

There's nothing.
No sentiments pls, cut off ppl and maintain your sanity.

I cut you off doesn't mean I wish you bad. Just that, You can become another Obama and I don't care.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aguiyimba(m): 6:17am On Dec 16, 2022
MrHighSea:

There's nothing.
No sentiments pls, cut off ppl and maintain your sanity.

I cut you off doesn't mean I wish you bad. Just that, You can become another Obama and I don't care.

Well, as you are perfect doesn't mean others are.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by emmanuelbrown26: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2022
Mindlog:

Our society tend to emotionally blackmail offsprings of deadbeat parents into providing care for parents who wilfully neglected their children while they were growing up, thereby subsidizing their irresponsibility......when parents begin to realize their neglected children would pay them back with the same coin, they will begin to sit up.

But if na husband and wife matter, una go say Mak d husband forgive d wife and move on with d wife? Women are too wicked and Jah regretted creating them bcs of their hypocritical nature. See how women dun turn am to another thing
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Mindlog: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

But if na husband and wife matter, una go say Mak d husband forgive d wife and move on with d wife? Women are too wicked and Jah regretted creating them bcs of their hypocritical nature. See how women dun turn am to another thing

Bia, for where you see in my post I mentioned husband and wife?

Scan through Nairaland's marital advice where there is an issue of infidelity, who is more likely told to forgive and continue living with the cheating spouse, men or women?

Redirect your focus back to the issue...... deadbeat parents.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Pootle: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2022
Bethanybethel:
Yes ooo i cut my dad out of my life 9 years ago because he abandoned my mum in her sick bed while he was staying with another woman , he is now sick and weak begging for me to pay for his treatments which i refused I am paying him back for what he has done to my mum . I don’t care if he dies or not and I don’t regret it

shocked
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by ukcars: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
Let everyone dey their corner abeg
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Uyi168: 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2022

I'll both not forgive him, and still not pay for his treatment.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aurelius1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bethanybethel:

That's emotional blackmail.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by frozen70(f): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Aguiyimba:

You dont need to say that because you didn't witness what made her to take such drastic decision

She will not suffer

Let everyone bear the consequence of their actions

Only God can judge not man
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by frozen70(f): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bethanybethel:
Yes ooo i cut my dad out of my life 9 years ago because he abandoned my mum in her sick bed while he was staying with another woman , he is now sick and weak begging for me to pay for his treatments which i refused I am paying him back for what he has done to my mum . I don’t care if he dies or not and I don’t regret it

Sorry about what you witnessed between your parents that made you take such a hard stance

Karma knows how to pay people back for bad things they did to people

As for your dad
Let him experience what your mum experience

Then for you
Pray to God to direct you and give you wisdom to handle this difficult decision and situation
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by ukcars: 5:13am On Dec 22, 2022
I still stand on it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do You Love Most: Your Mom Or Dad? / Should I Just Abort? / How Do You Know A Man/ Woman That Will Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.