Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. (2250 Views)

I Updated My Iphone 11 To Ios 17 And This Notification Won’t Go Away / Top 5 Most Anticipated 5G Smartphones You Would Definitely See In 2019 / Pls Help!!! My Android Is Showing battery Temperature Low, Fail Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
I have been playing around with my brother's IPhone 14 pro and these are my observations.
The idea of Apple's IPhone being better than android is simply a marketing phenomenon
Hear me.
Obviously all phones do similar stuff nowadays anyway. A tech inclined person could find a way to bypass the bottlenecks on ios to achieve most things albeit with several jump arounds and compromises, so I could definitely live with iPhone if I have to.

Functionality wise, the iPhone is a joke and a testament to the Power of the American culture being able to impose any narrative on the world.
Imagine not being able to monitor your downloads in your notifications drop down or not being able to see actual progress of your downloads on the app store?

The various browsers are all glorified safari themes due to being forced to use only webkit engine.
Compare this to Android where Chrome, Firefox, etc all look like their desktop equivalents. You can even run Chrome extensions on Android if you use the right chromium browsers.
Summarily browsing the web is a better experience on Android.

I appreciate the sandboxed approach in terms of security but windows phone OS was also sandboxed but could at least connect to computers to copy files or even quickly share documents by Bluetooth so what are we talking.

The so called navigation gestures not being universal on iOS is a bit annoying too compared to Android where a back swipe works on any app.

The only thing Apple has going for it in my opinion is the video quality and ecosystem, which is brilliant anyway. Samsung has something similar going though with "Link to Windows" which can even open any app on your laptop. You can even make calls from your laptop or copy and paste text and images between both devices.

AirDrop which apple brags about is nearly matched by nearbyshare, even though Google is abysmal with marketing and no one knows about it undecided

My s21 ultra is still blazing fast after over a year so I don't know about this so called android lag.

Another thing is the perceived societal value the Apple brand carries, and subsequently the resale value which is only a bit decent with Samsung and Google pixel on the Android side.

I was really tempted to try switch to the iPhone 14 pro max but I now see it would probably be a downgrade from my S21 ultra.

"Less is more" ideology of apple is clever psychological marketing aimed at selling incompetence.
If Apple was as fully featured as Android believe me, they'd laugh at Android. grin

Hoping the S23 ultra brings better video though.

20 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by neonly: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Personally I don't like iPhones honestly I still prefery HTC all d way

3 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by sunshineV(f): 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
If I have the money, I'll go for the pixel 7 pro.

9 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Onyeka90210(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
They both have their strengths and weakness,
I love the flexibility of the android, but I also like the simplicity of the IOS(smoother experience)
Android for work and business
IOS for gaming and photos
M1 iPad dey enter my eye sha
Can’t do without either grin

1 Like

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Jwonder(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
Why the lamentations?
Hardly do you see iPhone users open threads to complain about Android, it’s always insure Android phone users that always do this.

Use your virus prone OS and leave iOS users alone.

13 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Chaos14: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:
Why the lamentations?
Hardly do you see iPhone users open threads to complain about Android, it’s always insure Android phone users that always do this.

We have a lot of those threads so stfu

6 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by chariisGRACE(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:
Why the lamentations?

Virus prone OS... are you still in 2012?

14 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:
Why the lamentations?

iPhone users always brag "Even if Android dey fly, na iPhone we go use". So they definitely thrash talk android too grin

And no hard feelings btw. E no reach vex cool

7 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Jwonder(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Chaos14:
We have a lot of those threads so stfu

Tears of an Android fanboy who can’t afford to get an iPhone so they resort to hating.

1 Like

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Onyeka90210(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:
Why the lamentations?

You tell no lies, android fanboys always looking for a reason to say why they are better, but iOS fanboys don’t really care about what android fanboys think,
they’ll still buy and enjoy their devices without complaining.
If you like android, buy android and enjoy
If you like iOS buy iOS and enjoy.
grin
Life no suppose hard

5 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Chaos14: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:

Tears of an Android fanboy who can’t afford to get an iPhone so they resort to hating.

Used a 8+ for a while so i don't understand why you're crying over my own money

5 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Bossman(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Each OS has its strength and weaknesses. Blanket statements about one being better or inferior to the other makes no sense. To each its own. Folks should use whatever works for them.

1 Like

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Gabby84: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
No no I tell you this is Someone who just switched from iOS to android because of work and I can tell you the iOS xperience is way smoother though my iPhone was jailbreaked the apps seems better designed. Not interested in a war pick Ur religion a jailbreaked iPhone kills any android in my book of d same generation iOS 16 jailbreak just launched

2 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Gabby84: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I love the flexibility of the android, but I also like the simplicity of the IOS(smoother experience)

Get a ps5 and call it a day
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:

I use an S21 ultra bro.
I suppose fit afford decent iPhone if I want. cool

6 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
Gabby84:
No no I tell you this is Someone who just switched from iOS to android because of work and I can tell you the iOS xperience is way smoother though my iPhone was jailbreaked the apps seems better designed. Not interested in a war pick Ur religion a jailbreaked iPhone kills any android in my book of d same generation iOS 16 jailbreak just launched
You're used to iOS that's why.
The average user doesn't have access to jailbreak.

8 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Onyeka90210(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Gabby84:

Nah, I'm more a keyboard and mouse guy, and I got a PC
Consoles are not my thing, but mobile gaming, I do more of that, thanks to portability.
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by SouthSouth1914: 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
Android devices is an open way to different exotic viruses and malware! Their App Store is filled with different apps that can access your root etc. Not to mention the viruses and loanshark movements.

In conclusion, you cannot compare a man and a god!

An iOS user since 2008’.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by gonkin(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
I still like my china oukitel. Waterproof with night vision camera that can see in pitch black

3 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Jwonder(m): 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
Elxandre:

I use an S21 ultra bro.
I suppose fit afford decent iPhone if I want. cool

Lol same line every android fan boy use, they always hide behind Samsung.
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
gonkin:
I still like my china oukitel. Waterproof with night vision camera that can see in pitch black
I like people like you.
Una no send any brand Papa and una dey save money well. grin

2 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Elxandre(m): 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jwonder:

Lol same line every android fan boy use, they always hide behind Samsung.
Why would I lie to anonymous people sad

8 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by 3Dii: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
Onyeka90210:
IOS for gaming? Dey play�

1 Like

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by MMempire(m): 2:23am On Dec 15, 2022
iPhone users don dey para for OP o. Make una no vex. Me na android fan. Anybody to buy me the new Xiaomi 13 Pro?

1 Like

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by drizzypat: 2:51am On Dec 15, 2022
I don't see the need for the comparison

It's 2022 no one does this anymore,simply use what you are cool with and go with that .In my case I use both and I can say they all have thier perks, apple offer more streamline fluid experience with respect to its amazing ecosystem[ if you get a hold of its macbook,watch and others], it's way better in video too..on the other hand android are for the geeks cus it gives you access to a many gimmicks and mods that can help tweak your phone to what you want..

So I'll just simply say

Whatever rocks your boat!!!
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by gonkin(m): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2022
Elxandre:

I like people like you.
Una no send any brand Papa and una dey save money well. grin

Many of these phones are under rated cuz of name. Besides once u use rugged smartphones once u wont want to use a regular phone again. I have an oukitel k7 that's over 4 years now.

Imagine that joy of having a phone that will fall from ur hand and u wont panic
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:38am On Dec 15, 2022
Useless argument, one that’s dead. It’s about choice not hype

Android users steady try to downplay the worth of the iPhone but we all know who’s boss. If you prefer the android, that’s fine but don’t try to make others look stupid for preferring iPhones.

Until you roll out your own phone and operating system for us to use and vet, stop trying to ridicule the amazing creation called the iphone.

You’re just a consumer at the bottom of the food chain and contributed nothing into the creation of the phone you’re using so stop taking glory for your preference for it.

As amazing as the Benz is, there are loads of people who don’t dig it and prefer Toyota; Reason: CHOICE

Please use your phone and allow us to rest.

AC bitter as Guinness stout is, some people still prefer it to Heineken

Stop judging A with the standards of B. We like the iOS, you can’t force iOS to have Android features to suit your desires.
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:39am On Dec 15, 2022
Gabby84:

As in…
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by akwesenana: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2022
Delusions of grandeur.

What do I know with my Samsung j2 core. cry
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by AndroidAI(m): 8:31am On Dec 15, 2022
Why will you like iPhone when your account balance is like a radio FM? The security, the ecosystem, the perceived class and resale value is the exact reason people go for it. For your info, I am an android user. No sentiments here.
Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2022
AndroidAI:
Why will you like iPhone when your account balance is like a radio FM? The security, the ecosystem, the perceived class and resale value is the exact reason people go for it. For your info, I am an android user. No sentiments here.

You need to dead this mentality. You think someone using a Samsung s21 can't afford an iPhone? Funny and annoying at the same time.

8 Likes

Re: Android Is Definitely Superior To Ios - User's Experience. by moppie123(m): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2022
Elxandre:
I have been playing around with my brother's IPhone 14 pro and these are my observations.
The idea of Apple's IPhone being better than android is simply a marketing phenomenon
Hear me.
Obviously all phones do similar stuff nowadays anyway. A tech inclined person could find a way to bypass the bottlenecks on ios to achieve most things albeit with several jump arounds and compromises, so I could definitely live with iPhone if I have to.

Functionality wise, the iPhone is a joke and a testament to the Power of the American culture being able to impose any narrative on the world.
Imagine not being able to monitor your downloads in your notifications drop down or not being able to see actual progress of your downloads on the app store?

The various browsers are all glorified safari themes due to being forced to use only webkit engine.
Compare this to Android where Chrome, Firefox, etc all look like their desktop equivalents. You can even run Chrome extensions on Android if you use the right chromium browsers.
Summarily browsing the web is a better experience on Android.

I appreciate the sandboxed approach in terms of security but windows phone OS was also sandboxed but could at least connect to computers to copy files or even quickly share documents by Bluetooth so what are we talking.

The so called navigation gestures not being universal on iOS is a bit annoying too compared to Android where a back swipe works on any app.

The only thing Apple has going for it in my opinion is the video quality and ecosystem, which is brilliant anyway. Samsung has something similar going though with "Link to Windows" which can even open any app on your laptop. You can even make calls from your laptop or copy and paste text and images between both devices.

AirDrop which apple brags about is nearly matched by nearbyshare, even though Google is abysmal with marketing and no one knows about it undecided

My s21 ultra is still blazing fast after over a year so I don't know about this so called android lag.

Another thing is the perceived societal value the Apple brand carries, and subsequently the resale value which is only a bit decent with Samsung and Google pixel on the Android side.

I was really tempted to try switch to the iPhone 14 pro max but I now see it would probably be a downgrade from my S21 ultra.

"Less is more" ideology of apple is clever psychological marketing aimed at selling incompetence.
If Apple was as fully featured as Android believe me, they'd laugh at Android. grin

Hoping the S23 ultra brings better video though.
Having switched from a mere mid range Samsung (Galaxy A50), to Iphone 14 Pro Max, I can’t agree less with you. Based on functionality and versatility, top rated android phones trump over iphones. Apple has a good marketing strategy, modelling their phones as a premium and elite brand. This creates a fear of missing out in people and they all want to join the bandwagon. I still use my Samsung for so many things, especially my Zoom meetings where I have to split my screen and take notes on the other side.

PS: for those citing money as the reason people use android phones, note that Samsung premium phones are more expensive to buy and maintain. I noticed when people compare apple to android, they consider mid range and smaller brands in android. It doesnt work that way.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 10gb For 1k/1.5k / Current Price Of Redmi Note 12 At Slot Ikeja. / Software Downloads For Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.