Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? (1054 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / This Is The Commandment For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Even atheist nairaland recognises that The Law prohibits insults ...
Its only a charge and bail lawyer who wouldnt know that we are living according to a different dispensation other than that of the law

If you don't want a monkey's tail to touch you, don't go to a monkey dance. Why dont you tear up into pieces and rip out Luke 11:45-52?

Dtruthspeaker:
... surely you are evil, a child of Satan coming here to do your Father's wish of killing and destroying.
Oh now you want go there ... Please don't even get me started. You and your unwillingness to face the facts, undying loyalty to defy truth and hard-core dedication to hardcore blind deniability.

What are you getting all riled up about sef? I am just pointing out the truth but I can already tell you're taking my comment the wrong way and personal.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
According to Christ the New Testament believer only have one Commandment “Love one another” fulfilling this command is fulfilling all the commands .
Dtruthspeaker:
These are the Greatest Commandments in the world.

Exodus 15:26

1) If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God,

2) and wilt do that which is right in his sight,

3) and wilt give ear to his commandments,

4) and keep all his statutes

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
Thank you and this love is the only commandment for a Christian cause it fulfills all the laws
NNTR:
John 14:15
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command.

1 John 4:16
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience],
and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love,
and the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides continually in him.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God
[does not and never did know Him], for God is love. (i.e. and vice versa)
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now there remain:
faith [abiding trust in God and His promises],
hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation],
love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me],
these three [the choicest graces];
but the greatest of these is love.

Preach preacher

Matthew 22:40
All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses,
but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:19-22
19Now we know that whatever the Law [of Moses] says,
it speaks to those who are under the Law,
so that [the excuses of] every mouth may be silenced [from protesting]
and that all the world may be held accountable to God [and subject to His judgment].
20For no person will be justified [freed of guilt and declared righteous] in His sight
by [trying to do] the works of the Law.
For through the Law we become conscious of sin
[and the recognition of sin directs us toward repentance, but provides no remedy for sin].
21But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed
[independently and completely] apart from the Law,
though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
22This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe
[and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son].
There is no distinction,

Galatians 5:14
13For you, my brothers, were called to freedom;
only do not let your freedom become an opportunity for the sinful nature (worldliness, selfishness),
but through love serve and seek the best for one another.
14For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is fulfilled in one precept,
“YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
[that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].”

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another;
for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor
has fulfilled the [essence of the] law [relating to one’s fellowman].

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, have fervent and unfailing love for one another,
because love covers a multitude of sins
[it overlooks unkindness and unselfishly seeks the best for others].

Dtruthspeaker is swimming against the tide, and this is the reason why he can't see the forest for the trees.

Fact is, the greatest and highest commandment centres and hinges on love. To love, earns one credit, as to love, is all that the Law demands.

1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera are talking to Adam and Eve, Abraham, Cain and even OP Dtruthspeaker, needs to, personally, get better acquainted with them all and individually.

The clinger really, in all of this, is at 1 Corinthians 13:13, because, without love, the word of God is not complete.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
I think you will need to read the New Testament very well cause according to Christ our only law is to love one another .
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes!

I'll spell it out.

O.B.E.D.I.E.N.C.E

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
azammi:
According to Christ the New Testament believer only have one Commandment “Love one another” fulfilling this command is fulfilling all the commands .

See that word new testament is blocking people from seeing that Christ even sent everyone to The Commandments which He Himself gave to Moses.

And by this referral to The Commandments, it therefore means that we are under The Commandments which is where the first Commandments, Commands Love.

So, this is not a problem.

I have only looked beyond Exodus 20 to see Exodus 19 and 15 and other earlier Commandments and they have The Commandment of Listening and Obeying God.

Which of course would naturally come first for in the first, we can not love a Person Whom we do not know.

Love always comes after we have known The Person, hence it is listening, (thinking) and maybe Obedience or Disobedience which may follow thereafter.

Which is why non Church goers and even church goers when Truth hits them, do remember in their hearts that they really do not know God so how can they love Him?

We do not love a Person Who we do not know. Love takes time to grow.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
azammi:
I think you will need to read the New Testament very well cause according to Christ our only law is to love one another .

Christ did Say "EVERY WORD WHICH PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD" gives Life. Mathew 4:4

So, is Exodus 19 and 15 and others not Words which proceed out of The Mouth of God, just as the ones He gave to Moses?
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
You really need to pray for the spirit of revelation and read the Bible with your eyes open . You are just here arguing what Christ said with his own mouth . You are arguing blindly .
Dtruthspeaker:

See that word new testament is blocking people from seeing that Christ even sent everyone to The Commandments which He Himself gave to Moses.

And by this referral to The Commandments, it therefore means that we are under The Commandments which is where the first Commandments, Commands Love.

So, this is not a problem.

I have only looked beyond Exodus 20 to see Exodus 19 and 15 and other earlier Commandments and they have The Commandment of Listening and Obeying God.

Which of course would naturally come first for in the first, we can not love a Person Whom we do not know.

Love always comes after we have known The Person, hence it is listening, (thinking) and maybe Obedience or Disobedience which may follow thereafter.

Which is why non Church goers and even church goers when Truth hits them, do remember in their hearts that they really do not know God so how can they love Him?

We do not love a Person Who we do not know. Love takes time to grow.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2022
azammi:
You really need to pray for the spirit of revelation and read the Bible with your eyes open . You are just here arguing what Christ said with his own mouth . You are arguing blindly .

Is it not Christ Who Spoke in Exodus 19 and 15?
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
azammi:
I think you will need to read the New Testament very well cause according to Christ our only law is to love one another

azammi:
The legalistic spirit which pervaded the gathering of the early believers, by the Pharisees, is trying so hard to reign supreme on this thread

Dtruthspeaker:
Christ did Say "EVERY WORD WHICH PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD" gives Life. Mathew 4:4

So, is Exodus 19 and 15 and others not Words which proceed out of The Mouth of God, just as the ones He gave to Moses?
John 13:34-35
34I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another.
Just as I have loved you, so you too are to love one another.
35By this everyone will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love and unselfish concern for one another.”

Dtruthspeaker:
Romans 6:14
For sin will no longer be a master over you, since you are not under Law [as slaves],
but under [unmerited] grace [as recipients of God’s favor and mercy].

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

read your Bible very well and stop opposing the truth because you want to look wise ask the Holy Spirit to help you see.

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
azammi:
read your Bible very well and stop opposing the truth because you want to look wise ask the Holy Spirit to help you see.

Saying I should read my Bible very well does not answer the question I have put to you and your dodging it just proves I am right.

So, please answer the question if you can "Is it not Christ Who Spoke in the Exodus 19 and 15 I gave that is in the Bible?
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by azammi(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Oga you like to arguing . Go read your Bible well well .
Dtruthspeaker:

Saying I should read my Bible very well does not answer the question I have put to you and your dodging it just proves I am right.

So, please answer the question if you can "Is it not Christ Who Spoke in the Exodus 19 and 15 I gave that is in the Bible?

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
azammi:
Oga you like to arguing . Go read your Bible well well .

Truth is proven by argument and I only accept Truths.

So you either answer the question "Is it not Christ Who Spoke in the Exodus 19 and 15 I gave that is in the Bible?" or you rest of which we understand why you refuse.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Wow! I have just found the very first Commandment Adam received from God.

Will be back to present it later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Different Cele Prophetess Told Me Not To Marry Fair Or Light Skin Women. / New Religious Movement In Asia / Sharia: Thou Can Commit But Thou Must Not Be Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.