Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? (1026 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / This Is The Commandment For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Do you know the greatest and highest commandment above all others in the Bible?
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
Is it different from the one stated below?

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, YHVH is one. 5 Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
elated177:
Is it different from the one stated below?

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, the YHVH is one. 5 Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Yes sir! There is One which comes before that one and it is greater.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes sir! There is One which comes before that one and it is greater.

There is none greater Commandment than the one stated in the portion of the Scripture above.

Yahushua the Messiah affirmed this.

Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:46am On Dec 15, 2022
elated177:

There is none greater Commandment than the one stated in the portion of the Scripture above.

Yahushua the Messiah affirmed this.

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

True.

But there before God gave Moses this set of Commandments, He had given him 2 great ones first.

Clue: God gave it to Abraham.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
These are the Greatest Commandments in the world.

Exodus 15:26

1) If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God,

2) and wilt do that which is right in his sight,

3) and wilt give ear to his commandments,

4) and keep all his statutes
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
Therefore the Highest Commandment is "To Obey" The Lord!

Which is why Isaiah 1:19-20

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

When The Lord Speaks, Law is born!

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
These are the Greatest Commandments in the world.

Exodus 15:26

1) If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God,

2) and wilt do that which is right in his sight,

3) and wilt give ear to his commandments,

4) and keep all his statutes

What is the difference between what you stated above and Deut 6:4-5?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
elated177:

Look and see, Deuteronomy 6:3 came first and it is the same as Exodus 15:26.

Hear and Obey is The First Command above commands.

Without hearing and obedience then Law and Commandments have already been rendered a nulity.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 9:49am On Dec 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Look and see, Deuteronomy 6:3 came first and it is the same as Exodus 15:26.

Hear and Obey is The First Command above commands.

Without hearing and obedience then Law and Commandments have already been rendered a nulity.

Is it possible to love your Maker and obey his Commandments?

John 14: 15 “If you love me, keep my commands.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
elated177:

Remember God Loved us first, before we love Him back. Therefore, in the beginning, the Truth is that we did not love Him so everyone who followed God, first had to listen to Him and then obey Him before they started loving Him from then on until the relationship became very very sweet and hot.

And I know that you know that it is possible to listen and obey God before we love Him as clearly proven by Namaan who we see did not love God until after he listened and obeyed and was healed.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Remember God Loved us first, before we love Him back. Therefore, in the beginning, the Truth is that we did not love Him so everyone who followed God, first had to listen to Him and then obey Him before they started loving Him from then on until the relationship became very very sweet and hot.

And I know that you know that it is possible to listen and obey God before we love Him as clearly proven by Namaan who we see did not love God until after he listened and obeyed and was healed.

It is not possible to love the Creator and not obey him?

Are you trying to rewrite the Scriptures? The greatest Commandment has been explicitly stated in the Scriptures. Is it that you do not believe what Yahushua the Messiah said.

Is it possible not to hear the Commandments before obeying them? Can obedience to the Commandments exist without first hearing and learning them? Won't one hear and listen and learn before one obeys? So, when one hears, listens, learns and obeys, one has shown that he or she loves his or her Creator. It is this love for the Creator that spurs on one to obey him, that is, after hearing, listening and learning.

So, you see, loving YHVH Almighty, the Creator of all things and the Father of the spirits of all flesh, with all you have got is the greatest and most important Commandment.

Love for YHVH Almighty encapsulates hearing, listening, learning and obeying.

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: YHVH our God, YHVH is one. 5 Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

37 Yahushua replied: “‘Love YHVH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
elated177:

It is not possible to love the Creator and not obey him?

You have shifted ground to what is not in contention.

Loving the Creator means the person already knows The Creator.

But when God first comes to us we do not know Him, exactly as we cannot love people who we do not know.

Which therefore means that like a stranger we first had to listen to what He has to say and think about it, then if satisfied that it makes sense, then we would obey as shown by what happened to Abraham when God first came to him as Abram and told him to "leave this place and their traditions".

Which we see that he Listened and Obeyed!
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Incidentally we see Adam male and female listened and obeyed at first until Satan made female Adam disobey then she got her husband to follow her and disobey!
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
Cain also was Spoken to by The Lord. Genesis 4:6-7. He was warned

"Sin lieth at the door"

Did he listen? Some may say yes others may say no.

But did he obey?

Definitely, No!
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 2:58am On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Do you know the greatest and highest commandment above all others in the Bible?
John 14:15
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command.

1 John 4:16
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience],
and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love,
and the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides continually in him.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God
[does not and never did know Him], for God is love. (i.e. and vice versa)
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now there remain:
faith [abiding trust in God and His promises],
hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation],
love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me],
these three [the choicest graces];
but the greatest of these is love.

elated177:
Preach preacher

elated177:
Matthew 22:40
All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses,
but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:19-22
19Now we know that whatever the Law [of Moses] says,
it speaks to those who are under the Law,
so that [the excuses of] every mouth may be silenced [from protesting]
and that all the world may be held accountable to God [and subject to His judgment].
20For no person will be justified [freed of guilt and declared righteous] in His sight
by [trying to do] the works of the Law.
For through the Law we become conscious of sin
[and the recognition of sin directs us toward repentance, but provides no remedy for sin].
21But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed
[independently and completely] apart from the Law,
though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
22This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe
[and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son].
There is no distinction,

Galatians 5:14
13For you, my brothers, were called to freedom;
only do not let your freedom become an opportunity for the sinful nature (worldliness, selfishness),
but through love serve and seek the best for one another.
14For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is fulfilled in one precept,
“YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
[that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].”

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another;
for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor
has fulfilled the [essence of the] law [relating to one’s fellowman].

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, have fervent and unfailing love for one another,
because love covers a multitude of sins
[it overlooks unkindness and unselfishly seeks the best for others].

Dtruthspeaker is swimming against the tide, and this is the reason why he can't see the forest for the trees.

Fact is, the greatest and highest commandment centres and hinges on love. To love, earns one credit, as to love, is all that the Law demands.

1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera are talking to Adam and Eve, Abraham, Cain and even OP Dtruthspeaker, needs to, personally, get better acquainted with them all and individually.

The clinger really, in all of this, is at 1 Corinthians 13:13, because, without love, the word of God is not complete.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:

Matthew 22:40
All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments..

You have said the difference in what I am pointing out "all the Law that was given to Moses and the prophets which is Deuteronomy 6:1

"Now these are
1).the commandments,

2) the statutes,

3) and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you,...

And it is these which have the first 2 commandments as the greatest for these truly run through all the commandments and statutes and judgement, where you both are stuck.

I have looked behind and under and above these commandments and I have seen another Commandment which even came before this commandment.

That is the one I have raised up and you have not addressed it. You are just stuck on Exodus 20 whereas in Exodus 19:5, there is a commandment there which goes all the way back to Genesis.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
You have said the difference in what I am pointing out "all the Law that was given to Moses and the prophets which is Deuteronomy 6:1

"Now these are
1).the commandments,
2) the statutes,
3) and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you,...

And it is these which have the first 2 commandments as the greatest for these truly run through all the commandments and statutes and judgement, where you both are stuck.

I have looked behind and under and above these commandments and I have seen another Commandment which even came before this commandment.

That is the one I have raised up and you have not addressed it. You are just stuck on Exodus 20 whereas in Exodus 19:5, there is a commandment there which goes all the way back to Genesis.
I now understand more the reasons why Jesus frequently said woe be to lawyers

Without love, '1) the commandments, 2) the statutes, 3) and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you,' are useless. They are useless simply because it'll be like having a seesaw without a fulcrum or pivot.

Please give sincere, straightforward replies to the following questions:
1. From a biblical and God perspective, what is a law?
2. Is when told to love, a law or is not a law?
3. Explicitly specify what law is it, that is eternal, higher and greater than love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by elated177: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You have shifted ground to what is not in contention.

Loving the Creator means the person already knows The Creator.

But when God first comes to us we do not know Him, exactly as we cannot love people who we do not know.

Which therefore means that like a stranger we first had to listen to what He has to say and think about it, then if satisfied that it makes sense, then we would obey as shown by what happened to Abraham when God first came to him as Abram and told him to "leave this place and their traditions".

Which we see that he Listened and Obeyed!

I didn't shift any ground. It was you who didn't grasp the message. I have been saying the same thing from the very first post.

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
elated177:

I didn't shift any ground. It was you who didn't grasp the message. I have been saying the same thing from the very first post.

You did You were too stuck on Exodus 20 saying the same thing, refusing to look beyond it whereas I was talking about Exodus 19:5, Exodus 15:26 and co.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
I now understand more the reasons why Jesus frequently said woe be to lawyers..

Instead of addressing the issue you now resorted to insulting me.

NNTR:

Please give sincere, straightforward replies to the following questions:
1. From a biblical and God perspective, what is a law?

I won't have answered you if not for these valid questions.

Every time God Speaks, Law or Commandment is Issued.

Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4 The Law of Every Word that Proceeded Out of The Mouth of The Lord"

https://www.nairaland.com/dtruthspeaker

NNTR:

2. Is when told to love, a law or is not a law?

Yes!

God (Spoke) gave The Command to love. Deuteronomy 6:5

NNTR:

3. Explicitly specify what law is it, that is eternal, higher and greater than love

Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4 The Law of Every Word that Proceeded Out of The Mouth of The Lord"
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Instead of addressing the issue you now resorted to insulting me.
You are so quick to taking to or thinking that you're being insulted

Dtruthspeaker:
I won't have answered you if not for these valid questions.
Thank you for following the same numbering style, and so making it easy to see which question you've replied to. As it makes easy having sense of questions your answers is addressing

Dtruthspeaker:
Every time God Speaks, Law or Commandment is Issued.

https://www.nairaland.com/dtruthspeaker
Isaiah 55:11
So will My word be which goes out of My mouth;
It will not return to Me void (useless, without result),
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Exactly every word that proceeds from the mouth of a king is law, and so equally, every word that proceeds from the King, God in this case, too is law.

It is part of the reason why God rations how God speaks or talks. It is part of the reason why God is economical with His word (i.e. Isaiah 55:11) Aside silence being golden, God is often heard in silence sef

Dtruthspeaker:
Yes!

God (Spoke) gave The Command to love. Deuteronomy 6:5
Exactly the command in Deuteronomy 6:5 has a verb in, meaning designates doing something, instructing to perform, carry out an action

Dtruthspeaker:
Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Mathew 4:4
But Jesus replied,
“It is written and forever remains written,
‘MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.’”

I get all that's said in Deuteronomy 8:3/Mathew 4:4, but the question was:

1. State one word, one single word, that is eternal, plus is higher and greater than love
2. Is there any eternal word, higher and greater than the command verb action word love?
3. Is there any other word contesting with love claiming to have the rightful position of being the greatest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:

1. State one word, one single word, that is eternal, plus is higher and greater than love
2. Is there any eternal word, higher and greater than the command verb action word love?
3. Is there any other word contesting with love claiming to have the rightful position of being the greatest?

Yes!

I'll spell it out.

O.B.E.D.I.E.N.C.E
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by orisa37: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2022
"LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELVES ".

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Yes!
I'll spell it out.
O.B.E.D.I.E.N.C.E
Thanks for your answer, which is obidience, sorry, obedience

Now provide a scripture that corroborates that obedience is eternal, highest and greatest command

I will match your answer with a scripture giving what is the eternal, highest and greatest command

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
Thanks for your answer, which is obidience, sorry, obedience

Now provide a scripture that corroborates that obedience is eternal, highest and greatest command

I will match your answer with a scripture giving what is the eternal, highest and greatest command

All thiat has been done here already, so now it is up to people to decide what they'll do with the information.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
All thiat has been done here already, so now it is up to people to decide what they'll do with the information.
No, you have not shown where obedience is stated to be eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command

So please provide a scripture that explicitly and specifically states that obedience is eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:44am On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
No, you have not shown where obedience is stated to be eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command

No where is it stated that Eve died, or Trinity or rapture yet we know that these things are in the Bible.

So if you like see or don't see, that is your right.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
No where is it stated that Eve died, or Trinity or rapture yet we know that these things are in the Bible.
1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God,
that we keep His commandments:
and His commandments are not grievous.”

John 14:15
“If you love me, keep my commands.

This thread is not about whether Eve died, not about Trinity nor rapture, but the thread is about what is eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command.

Now if you want to play the No where is it stated' card, then two can play it. No where is it explicitly stated to love our parents, yet we know that a thing like that is a given. Now just because love is not mentioned, it doesnt mean that love is not more important than honour or obedience, that both explicitly received mentions to give to parents

Moving on swiftly. Look at John 14:15 above closely and carefully, take all the time in the world, to see the introducing a conditional clause (i.e. if) and then two following conjunctions, love and obedience. Now please re-read John 14:15 slowly and loudly out, and tell;

1. What comes first in John 14:15.? Is it 'love' or 'keep My commands' (i.e. obedience)
2. If you don’t love God, do you think God is honoured when you try to obey what God commands?
3. Is God's name glorified, from obeying His instructions and/or commands, by people who don’t love Him?
4. Is God's name glorified, from obeying His instructions and/or commands, by people who hate Him, dont believe in Him, that denies He exists et cetera?
5. Did God create an army of mechanical law-keepers human beings or a family who love, knows, worships, and adores Him?

Dtruthspeaker:
So if you like see or don't see,
So if you like see or don't see, that, God intrinsically is love and vice versa. God is not obedience

Love is a gift, to love and receive love back, is a gift. Every created human being is given the capacity to love and capacity to receive love back in return. Why? It is because we are created in accordance to the likeness of God.

Love and faith, as gifts, were deposited into Abraham, Naaman et cetera. I didnt not know my missus, before I met her, but I had love for her on the day I met her. How?. It is because God deposited the gift of love inside me for her. God gave me the capacity to love someone that I dont know, gave me the capacity to love someone, that I dont know anything about

1. What is stronger between obedience and love?
2. What is greater between obedience and love?
3. What is higher between obedience and love?
4. What is better between obedience and love?
5. What between obedience and love, makes up, what the fruit of the Holy Spirit is?
6. What between obedience and love, is the cardinal reason for the whole plan of salvation, redemption, reconciliation and atonement of sin?
7. What in context of divine economy, between obedience and love, is more important?

Dtruthspeaker:
that is your right.
Luke 11:45-52
45One of the lawyers [an expert in the Mosaic Law] answered Him,
“Teacher, by saying this, You insult us too!”
46But He said, “Woe to you lawyers as well, because you weigh men down with burdens
[man-made rules, unreasonable requirements] which are hard to bear,
and you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers [to lighten the load].
47Woe to you! For you repair or build tombs for the prophets, and it was your fathers who killed them.
48So you are witnesses and approve the deeds of your fathers,
because they [actually] killed them, and you repair or build their tombs.
49For this reason also the wisdom of God said [in the Scriptures],
‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will put to death and some they will persecute,
50so that charges may be brought against this generation [holding them responsible]
for the blood of all the prophets shed since the foundation of the world,
51from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah [the priest],
who was murdered between the altar and the house of God.
Yes, I tell you, charges will be brought against this generation.’
52Woe to you lawyers, because you have taken away the key to knowledge (scriptural truth).
You yourselves did not enter, and you held back those who were entering
[by your flawed interpretation of God’s word and your man-made tradition]”

The irony is that, small time now, just as like in Luke 11:45 above, you'll begin to say that, you're being insulted, when it is very clear that you're bang up to rights, behaving just exactly, as the lawyers seen in Luke 11:45-52 above. They are being reprimanded firmly by Jesus because of similar style of flawed interpretation of God’s word you stubbornly keep displaying on this thread

No, you have not shown where obedience is stated to be eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command.

So please provide a scripture that explicitly and specifically states that obedience is eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command

I will match your answer with a scripture giving what is the eternal, highest and greatest command.

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:

This thread is not about whether Eve died, not about Trinity nor rapture, but the thread is about what is eternal, plus is the highest and greatest command.

The thread is clearly about me presenting God's Command to Listen and Obey God as the highest and greatest commandment for review but you raised the observation that it is not expressly stated in the Bible,.

Which you still repeated even in your present response as you are saying the bold above

So please provide a scripture that explicitly and specifically states that obedience.. (So see how you are speaking from 2 sides of your mouth?)

hence I rebut and prove that Eve's death, trinity and rapture are not expressly and specifically stated either but we see that they are there.

So, your response here just proves that you could not validly oppose it because it is True, hence your change of post!
14:15 slowly and loudly out, and tell;

NNTR:

1. [b]What comes first [/b]in John 14:15.? Is it 'love' or 'keep My commands' (i.e. obedience)

2. If you don’t love God, do you think God is honoured when you try to obey what God commands?

What comes first? That is the question I put to you When God Spoke or Speaks

Did He say Love or He Said "Listen and Obey?

When Adam was made did He immediately love God or Obey Him?

We all know love takes time to grow before we are aware of it, So Adam did not immediately love God (aside: from his acts he did not thereafter love God but he certainly loved eve and we can see how and obeyed her. Therefore, he did not love God.) But he listened and obeyed for time before his disobedience came.

You have nothing reasonable to say just taking opportunity to insult me because you are never able to validly and reasonably counter my presentations.
Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by NNTR: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
The thread is clearly about me presenting God's Command to Listen and Obey God as the highest and greatest commandment for review ...
The bible explicitly states that three things are eternal, which are love, faith and hope (i.e. notice that 'listen and obey', obedience doesnt cut the mustard, didnt get a remote mention), then said with finality that love is the greatest (i.e. 1 Corinthians 13:13)

Dtruthspeaker:
... but you raised the observation that it is not expressly stated in the Bible, hence I prove that Eve's death, trinity and rapture are not expressly stated either but we see that they are there.
Yes, unlike love, said to be eternal and the greatest, nothing like that is suggested nor said about obedience

Dtruthspeaker:
So, your response here just proves that you could not validly oppose it because it is True, hence your change of post!
re-read John 14:15 slowly and loudly out, and tell;
John 14:15, clearly shows that love, from having first mention, is greater than listen and obey (i.e. obedience)

Dtruthspeaker:
What comes first? That is the question I put to you When God Spoke or Speaks
Love comes first and one needs to maintain the deposited love inside one, in order to be, in a strong position, to listen and obey God's commands

Dtruthspeaker:
Did He say Love or He Said "Listen and Obey?
God expects one to solely make Him, the love of their lives because when one does, it becomes easy to carry out 'Listen and Obey'

Dtruthspeaker:
When Adam was made did He immediately love God or Obey Him?
Yes, when Adam was made, he immediately began to love God or obey Him.

Remember nah, that, Adam was made after the likeness of God, meaning He was created in accordance with God, (i.e. God is Love and vice versa) hence Adam, was created ready made up with love.

Now its up to Adam to develop and increase his love for God. He also equally, is within his God given rights, to stop loving God and hence pave way for him to have opportunities to disobey God (i.e. not listen to and obey God)

Dtruthspeaker:
We all know love takes time to grow before we are aware of it,
Exactly so meaning, love already exists in human beings, but the growth, development, increase, sustainability et cetera of love, is down to the human being to, control and deal with.

God is not going to force anyone to love, simply because, true obedience, is a matter of love, which makes it voluntary, not compelled by fear or force.

Dtruthspeaker:
So Adam did not immediately love God (aside: from his acts he did not thereafter love God but he certainly loved eve and we can see how and obeyed her. Therefore, he did not love God) But he listened and obeyed for time before his disobedience came.
Mark 12:28-33
28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating.
Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him,
“Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this:
‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
There is no commandment greater than these.”
32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied.
“You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength,
and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Adam, by design, had the capacity to love God. It is his love for God that kept him obeying the command not to eat from the TKGE, until misplayed loyalty, caused him to abandon his love for God, to listen to the command of his wife and disobey God.

Let me break it all down a bit more here, for you. When I type that love is more important than obedience, it's simply, is because, love is the root, while obedience, is the fruit. You get it? Love comes first, while obedience comes second or last

It really is not hard to obey, when we love the one, whom we obey. While Adam obeyed God, it was an expression of his love for God. Obedience does not earn any God's love, but rather it is an expression of ones love to God, just as I had earlier advanced.

It is our love for God, that is more important to Him, not any of all of our service to Him (i.e. obedience) Strict obedience and service are not enough. Love for God, must come first

The love of God, the love for God, is an act of obedience, but the moment, love of God is out of the picture, then obedience (i.e. Mark 12:33) becomes inconsequential

Dtruthspeaker:
You have nothing reasonable to say just taking opportunity to insult me because you are never able to validly and reasonably counter my presentations.
Fyi, you have the right to be insulted, because insulting someone is not a violation of their rights, meaning there is no right not to be insulted.

Having said the above, I dont see where I have insulted you, except you class me, repeating what the bible says about lawyers to be insults. If so, then blame the bible, not me.

e.lated177 had already from the onset validly and reasonably countered your wack and badly ill conceived presentations

Re: Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
Fyi, you have the right to be insulted, because insulting someone is not a violation of their rights, meaning there is no right not to be insulted...

Even atheist nairaland recognises that The Law prohibits insults, surely you are evil, a child of Satan coming here to do your Father's wish of killing and destroying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Need Your Money? / A Man That Has The Earth As His Footstool! / Please Recommend A Church In Abuja With Few Offerings + No House Visit Requests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.