Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? (36721 Views)

How Can Tell My Mom What She Is Doing Is Wrong / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:06am On Aug 25, 2023
From @General_Oluchi on X-(Formerly-Twitter)

I don’t know about you, but every evening, I get to play the honorable judge at home.

My son filed a petition against his sister with my honorable court, and his sister replied with shocking evidence. I am deliberating and will soon give my judgment because the silver white
toy car belongs to one of them although someone is claiming it with hot tears. The toy is in my possession since no one wants to compromise.
The arguments to review are:

1. The toy belongs to the petitioner but the respondent loves playing with it.

2. The petitioner doesn’t play with the toy often but only wants to hold it when the respondent is playing with it.

3. Who should keep the toy? The owner or the one who loves playing with it?

You see, this is a tough case.

Source:
https://twitter.com/General_Oluchi/status/1694899224083677230

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:07am On Aug 25, 2023
Guys..

Please don't derail this thread.

Just Read And Give Your Decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by libertyfather(m): 6:15am On Aug 25, 2023
interest or no interest the toy belongs to the original owner....case dismissed

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 25, 2023
The one who loves playing with it, she needs it more than the owner
The owner is just being petty for always wanting to hold it each time the other wants to play with it. Teach the owner how to let go off things he no longer needs especially when there's someone who is in need of such things.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by GOFRONT(m): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2023
The petitioner is just like our proverbial Politicians who love to amass Fleet of cars without using them and they dont want others to make use.

I think the judge should provide a Palliative for the respondent to cushion the effect of withdrawal of the car, cos it truely belong to the petitioner.

212 Likes 15 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Daddyseun1: 6:23am On Aug 25, 2023
IconicR, try to be productive,
u are jobless,
Always on this forum. 24/7

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2023
Daddyseun1:
u are jobless,
But why are you monitoring me?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Skyfornia(m): 6:28am On Aug 25, 2023
So if I own a car and don't drive it, it is right for another to lay claim on my car??

There is no case here...the owner is the owner unless he gives permission to another to enjoy his property.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by id4sho(m): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2023
Lemme go and occupy Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida's house behind NDA Base Camp Jos. which has been empty since 1990s tongue

So help me God

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:42am On Aug 25, 2023
As counsel to respondent the property was bought for the petitioner, with national wealth.since he has out grown it your lordship should use your honor to stop the petitioner not to disturb my client and she should take ownership of the item henceforth.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Realtord43: 6:53am On Aug 25, 2023
There is no case here, the toy outrightly belong to the petitioner.

The respondent should be heavily fine for wanting to claim the petitioner property or sent to juvenile prison for attempted theft.

court!!!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by izonborn098(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2023
So i should give my money to my brother because he need them and i'm not using them at the moment.... which can ye ye play be that...

16 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by shantti(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2023
Your honor
Just send both of them to jail
Case closed

25 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by illicit(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2023
How did the petitioner came in possession of the said disputed property?

By Acquisition or inheritance or gifted?

9 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by CaptMarvel(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2023
Give the owner his property, let him make decision whether to release it to the defendant or not. na so corruption dey take start o, why will you be crying o something that is not yours just because you wants it
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

9 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by pacino26(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2023
AllEyesOnTheJudiciary. We the masses are observing with keen interest. PowerToThePeople

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by philGeo(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2023
Please moderators should move this topic to front page, I am learning here.

Intelligent people plenty for Nairaland.

9 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by vincenteger: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2023
English hard ooo
I thought you said your son and the sister(your daughter)

What is there to say, your son is the petitioner while your daughter is the respondant.

Since it's a family issue and taking it outside the court, You know who owns the car. Just give the owner and buy anyone for other person

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by vincenteger: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2023
Daddyseun1:
u are jobless,

Calling someone jobless
You that's filled with jobs why not give him a job

IconicR

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Spy360(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Guys..

For the owner is a pride issue. What he needs is an affirmation that he is the owner. Once you settle the ego he will release the toy.

Solution, the judge should affirm that the petitioner is the owner and request the petitioner to kindly release the toy for the respondent to play with. The respondent should repay that magnanimity with a generous 'thank you'

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2023
philGeo:

Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2023
philGeo:

Mynd44
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Puss360(f): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2023
Irrespective of who likes to play with it or not, whom the toy belongs to, should be given back the toy...
Let them know the meaning of ownership and possession... Once something belongs to someone, it doesn't matter if the person uses it or not, the fact remains that it belongs to that person...
And as parent, try not to cause discord unknowingly between your children by favouring one with toy and not the other...
Let each of them have theirs....
If they are twins, buy thesame...
If they aren't, buy something different and let them know which belongs to them ....
The cries of the respondent isn't a prerequisite to possess that which doesn't belong to them!!!!

27 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Abifarin16: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2023
There is loving in sharing. But their is also peace in having your own. cool

7 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by talented321: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
1k likes
Puss360:

Let them know the meaning of ownership and possession... Once something belongs to someone, it doesn't matter if the person uses it or not, the fact remains that it belongs to that person...
Gbam....

And as parent, try not to cause discord unknowingly between your children by favouring one with you and not the other...
Let each of them have theirs....
If they are twins, but thesame...
If they aren't buy something different and let them know which belongs to them

7 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by kestolove95(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
madam get the respondent his own toy...case close

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Guys..

The correct decision is that the toy should be granted to the respondent because a toy is meant to be played with and the petitioner has by his/her conduct showed that she is not interested in the toy.

Secondly, by The Law of unlawful deprivation and waste, she is therefore deprived from withholding possession of the toy, on the ground that The Law shall not allow a wrong to be done.

Thus, the honorable court must thereby order that the defendant be perpetually restrained from taking the toy from the respondent.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
libertyfather:
interest or no interest the toy belongs to the original owner....case dismissed

CaptMarvel:
Give the owner his property, let him make decision whether to release it to the defendant or not. na so corruption dey take start o, why will you be crying o something that is not yours just because you wants it

The case is not about ownership and the petition does not have a right of ownership (only a grant which can be revoked and granted.to another) which is why the toy has been validly returned to the owner, the parents.

That is why the respondent has a right to bring an action against the petitioner and the action is laid to the owner

So, the case is must be sub judice.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Simply buy same toy for the respondent

Case closed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Simply buy same toy for the respondent

Case closed.

kestolove95:
madam get the respondent his own toy...case close

Puss360:
Irrespective of who likes to play with it or not, whom the toy belongs to, should be given back the toy...

See why you people get what you.get and why you don't get justice? Because you people do not do justice but always seek shortcut. Which is what your politicians and judges lay on you people. And that is why there is no justice in this country.
Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See why you people get what you.get and why you don't get justice? Because you people do not do justice but always seek shortcut. Which is what your politicians and judges lay on you people. And that is why there is no justice in this country.

So buying what people crave for so that there would be peace means shortcut?

There is high inflation right now, unemployment, high food price and people are crying over basic needs, if government provides these things, things they themselves enjoy on a platter, is that shortcut? Is that not a good thing?

5 Likes

Re: If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
Jovialjune1:

So buying what people crave for so that there would be peace means shortcut?

Yes!

There is high inflation right now, unemployment, high food price and people are crying over basic needs, if government provides these things, things they themselves enjoy on a platter, is that shortcut? Is that not a good thing?[/quote]

Now you are making excuses just like your politicians and you did not remember when you were saying buy another one, so you see yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Nigerian Couple Reunited After 10 Years And Died 24hours Later In Horrible / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.