Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) (379 Views)

What The Early Church Learnt From The Gentiles About The Holy Spirit / The Biblical Jesus Referred To The Gentiles As 'dogs' / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2022
Sunday Catechism:
THE gODS OF THE GENTILES ARE DEVILS
PART ONE

1. Nothing like "pagan gods." They were all devils.

(a) Ps95(96):5 "The gods of the gentiles are devils."

(b) 1 Cor 10:19,20: "Do I say that the idol is anything?
But the things that the heathens sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils and not to God.
And I would not that you be made partakers with devils."

(c) Deut 32:16,17 (Moses): "They provoked him by strange 'gods'...
They sacrificed to devils and not to God: to 'gods' whom they knew not. That were newly come up..."

2. God created men, and angels. The fallen angels became devils. (And God permitted them to lure away sinners in punishment for their natural sins and prides).

Nothing like any other creatures- all devils.
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by Maynman: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
Bringing This Catechism:
(PART ONE)

-Ps95(96):5 "The gods of the gentiles are devils."

-1 Cor 10:19,20: "Do I say that the idol is anything?
But the things that the heathens sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils and not to God.

-Deut 32:16,17 (Moses): "They provoked him by strange 'gods'...
They sacrificed to devils and not to God: to 'gods' whom they knew not. That were newly come up"

2. God created men, and angels. The fallen angels became devils. (And God permitted them to lure away sinners in punishment for their natural sins and prides).

Nothing like any other creatures- all devils. What the old Africans all worshipped are devils, and 99% of those people may be in hell.

If your god is perfect and sufficient, why does he need to create men and angels that will later turn to fallen angels and devils?
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:59am On Dec 15, 2022
YES!
Apart from JEHOVAH (YHWH) all the gods other nations worshiped are demons! undecided

1 Like

Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by muyico(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
Bringing This Catechism:
(PART ONE)

They sacrificed to devils and not to God: to 'gods' whom they knew not. That were newly come up..."

Nothing like any other creatures- all devils. What the old Africans all worshipped are devils, and 99% of those people may be in hell.
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
Bringing This Catechism:
(PART ONE)

The highlighted is not correct because God promised that "there is going to be a resurrection of the righteous and UNRIGHTEOUS" {Act 24:15} the righteous are faithful servants of God who knew God's laws and lived by it {Hebrews 11:4-12:1} the unrighteous aren't evil people because God has sworn in His anger that evildoers will be cut off {Psalms 37:9} which means they have no reward when talking about resurrection! Psalms 9:17
The unrighteous that will be remembered are pagans or worshipers of demons who lived by conscience so they did so many things in harmony with God's laws for the sake of virtue even though they never had God's laws given to them! Romans 2:15
So God will remember them for their virtuous deeds and they will be preached to and taught the righteousness of God. If they yield then they can have their names written in the book of life {Revelations 20:15} but if they don't it's either they die again after tasting life for 100 years as a youth {Isaiah 65:20} or they may live till the end of the 1000 years in Paradise but when Satan is released for a short period of time {Revelations 20:3} they may fall into his trap and they will be destroyed for good!
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is not correct because God promised that "there is going to be a resurrection of the righteous and UNRIGHTEOUS" {Act 24:15} the righteous are faithful servants of God who knew God's laws and lived by it {Hebrews 11:4-12:1} [the unrighteous aren't evil people because God has sworn in His anger that evildoers will be cut off {Psalms 37:9} They may fall into his trap and they will be destroyed for good!

You are wrong.

1. See Jn 5:25-29: The righteous and the unrighteousness shall be resurrected on the last day.
The righteous to the resurrection of life
The unrighteousness to eternal perdition

vs 29: "And they that have done good shall come forth unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil unto the resurrection of judgment."

2. They are not "cut off" during life. God permits BOTH to coexist in life... till the end of the world (General judgment).

Mtt 13:24-30: Parable of the Wheat and the Cockle

The enemy had sown cockle among the wheat.

"[vs 28]: And the servants said: Wilt thou that we go gather it up?

[vs 29]: (But He said) "No."

vs 30: "Suffer both to grow until the harvest

"and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers: Gather up first the cockle, and bind it into bundles to burn, but the wheat gather ye into my barn."

Outside the Catholic Church Satan will devour you with heresies, confusions and bad manners of life. You will not stay there a week in a state of grace.

There, you will be infallibly damned.
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
OK, i've heard you! smiley

NigerianAngelo:

You are wrong.

1. See Jn 5:25-29: The righteous and the unrighteousness shall be resurrected on the last day.
The righteous to the resurrection of life
The unrighteousness to eternal perdition

vs 29: "And they that have done good shall come forth unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil unto the resurrection of judgment."

2. They are not "cut off" during life. God permits BOTH to coexist in life... till the end of the world (General judgment).

Mtt 13:24-30: Parable of the Wheat and the Cockle

The enemy had sown cockle among the wheat.

"[vs 28]: And the servants said: Wilt thou that we go gather it up?

[vs 29]: (But He said) "No."

vs 30: "Suffer both to grow until the harvest

"and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers: Gather up first the cockle, and bind it into bundles to burn, but the wheat gather ye into my barn."

Outside the Catholic Church Satan will devour you with heresies, confusions and bad manners of life. You will not stay there a week in a state of grace.

There, you will be infallibly damned.

1 Like

Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:16am On Dec 18, 2022
Happy Sunday.
Re: Scripture: The Gods Of The Gentiles Were Devils (Ps 95, 1Cor10:20...) by orisa37: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2022
GODS OF THE GENTILES WERE DISOBEDIENCE TO FREEWILL.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives Out 100 Million Cash Gift To Nigerians / How Do Materialists, Christians And Muslims Explain These / Happy Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.