Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos (39716 Views)

Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Pscr06: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2022
A staff of A New Generation Bank, Emmanuel Ebere, slumped yesterday at the Awolowo, Ikoyi branch in Lagos.

Ebere, who was attached to the Information and Communication Technology unit, was rushed to the Military hospital, Ikoyi, where doctors confirmed him dead.

The news of Ebere’s death cast a gloom over the bank as his colleagues went about their daily routine with an expression of despondency.

Vanguard gathered that the bank’s Regional Security Officer, (names withheld ) alerted policemen at the Ikoyi Division of the incident.

A spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, SP Benjamin Hundenyi, who confirmed the incident, said it occurred at about 6.30 am.

He said: “Based on the report, a team of detectives from the Ikoyi Division visited the hospital and examined the corpse. No mark of violence was seen on the body. Corpse has been evacuated and deposited at the Marina General Hospital morgue for autopsy.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/bank-staff-slumps-in-lagos-office/

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by yove: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2022
You for just leave the matter for him family. Do you now have to announce his death. Besides, we don't even know him.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by doggedfighter(f): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2022
yove:
You for just leave the matter for him family. Do you now have to announce his death. Besides, we don't even know him.

People like being the first to break bad news.

It's orgasmic for them.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by youngsahito(m): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2022
When banks will over use this guyz for a penny meanwhile banks won't stop work. Use your head.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by cassidy1996(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2022
All these slavery work dey kill body

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Slawomirr: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Too bad

Me I can never do salary work

You want still do salary work you come say na lagos where stress and headache dey....na collapse you go collapse na...to make it worse you come go choose bank

Rest in peace ebere

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
Everybody for naija na walking dead. Rip to him

4 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by dazzlingd(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bank!!

Organisations world wide are beginning to take the 3Ps approach
Profit, planet and people

As much as the primary purpose of organisations is to make profit, they must invest in the people working for them and the planet/environment to make it a better place. It is no more about profit alone.

Unfortunately, working in Nigeria is like working in hell and working in banks is even worse. These basstrds declare so much profit but their staff live like slaves. The problem is we dont have a government that can put these people in their place to stop modern day slave labor.
Access bank, gtbank etc are even worse.

Now report says no trace of violence.
What of the emotional abuse, psychological abuse, inhuman working conditions they put their staff through.

These useless banks will employ a 24 year old graduate who has no health problem, after 6 years he becomes 30 with high blood pressure, back ache problem, bad eyesight and he begins to show signs of anger, depression and disorientation. He will be looking 45 because he has worked day and night, with no career growth, no salary increase nor promotion.

If you want to know that devil lives on earth and earth is the hell itself, go and work as a contract staff in the bank.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by SoftP(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
What a weird profession where you are paid to look good outwardly and are dying within.
Don’t be Surprised he died of financial depression while counting billions for customers.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Life overwhelms everyone...!

Las las, all men must die, so why the fuss about life?!!

Why the unnecessary competition?!!

Why the hate and malice?!!

Why the needless hustle to please everyone?!!

Just take each day at a time... Do wetin your power reach! Cut down daily stress and wahala to the barest minimum!

Check your BP, Blood Sugar, and vital functions as often as you can...!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Century33: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
RIP

1 Like

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Maj196(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bank job na your mate

3 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by westfield: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Patanla: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Chai RIP
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Cutezt(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
They say God can never allow you live in Lagos except you have wronged him. What do you expect when someone closes from work by 5 and because of traffic and all, he gets home by 11pm, before he freshens up and eat and all, it is 12-1am already, and he had to wake up at least by 5 to be able to beat traffic and get to work before 7.

If my job required me to move every day, I would have left Lagos a very long time ago, the stress alone is a full time job.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by DanseMacabre(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nawa.

Their watch has ended. Death na steaming hot breakfast wey everybody must chop las las.
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Realist12: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hmmm, yet they are selling deception to the people, I heard next cash and carry self doesn't pay it's staffs well. Yet their boss is promising to increase minimum wages which he didn't increase all through his tenure in Anambra, You wonder why Rufai of Arise TV is always looking Sadistic . Choose your boss wisely , tribalism and petty sentiments shouldn't be a reason to vote a known failure .

Rip to the departed soul.

9 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by inoki247: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Death no dey try at all the way he take dey strike sometimes he no dey give notice....
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by southsouthking(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
You see this life eh, we're just passing by, know this and know peace.
That's why i keep telling people, try to dey enjoy yourself.
No dey buy clothes for special occasion because everyday is special.
YOLO

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Kingoslo(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sometime ago I made a comment abt banking job, aw we were modern slaves looking over our shoulders... our ogas never satisfied... I left the banking to focus on my business b4 I die of depression, today not only working in a govt. office I get time for myself and family... VOTE WISELY... PO we believe

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by PastorandMentor(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
omo

I've been working for the first time in my life and for these past two weeks, every day I feel like I'm going to slump.
How did our parents do one job for 30 years?

May his soul rest in peace

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Agricmoney(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
condolences to the family. We should also try always to be conscious of our health and it’s signals

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Treadway: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Similar thing happened to the son of a church member. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Dude was to be 30 years old on a Wednesday, and he died just two days to that (Monday). He complained of feeling unwell while in a car with his superior. They headed to the hospital, by the time they got there he was unconscious and later declared dead. Pops was called, drove to lag to pick the boy's body and buried him and returned to Ibadan. Only son/child! The thing shock me. Two days later , his fb page is filled with HBD messages, most of his online friends don't know he is gone, till now. My guess, is prolly a heart attack...what is worrisome is the sheer number of young men and women just slumping and dying in recent times. It is well.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Epinbiz(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
wahala pa eniyan

2 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Rexymania(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
Pain
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
Dangers of a sedentary lifestyle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Samuelthemanli(m): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Rest In Peace
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
youngsahito:
When banks will over use this guyz for a penny meanwhile banks won't stop work. Use your head.

Exactly!

Do as little as you can do in any work. The work will always continue after your demise.

Take as much sick leave and vacation that you entitled too. Don’t impress! They don’t give a flying fvck about you

Always know your are replaceable irrespective of your skills

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by lomprico(m): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
There is a lesson to be learnt here.

Do not over stress yourself at work! Don't allow bosses to mount unnecessary pressure on you. Because if you die, they will look for another person to replace you sharp sharp and move on as if nothing happened.

It's better to be alive and jobless.

Rip to the dead.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Sultty(m): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
bank be acting heartless asf. Not even to temporarily close down or declare a day of mourning for a fellow colleague. Nope there just keep working like zombies

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anayo Isaac With Mouth Cancer Blasts Enugu Governor Ugwuanyi For Not Helping Him / 7 Signs That Shows You Don't Drink Enough Water / Nigerian Man Slumps, Dies In Italy After Returning From Hospital (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.