Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (14762 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by KDULAR: 3:47am On Sep 02, 2011
@ sweetnectar, I want to ask if you are a Christian , then if yes, then do you believe the Holy Spirit exists and is poured out to all men and He does its work amongst men for the Glory of God to be manifest even today and forever after Pentecost? However if you don't believe that, then you'll be the first Christian to hold such opinion that I know of , although by me that would not make you a lesser Christian anyway. God bless you and increase you all the same, this is not the thread to discuss that and I am not a pastor either.

@ araboy, more like what it is supposed to be . thanks for the enlightenement.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Fimmy(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2011
its everywhere, @ Poster can you marry a Sango Worshiper?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^^^

he can if hes Yoruba.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
Araboy:

The teaching that Muslim woman can not marry a Christian man is misguided teaching intended to confuse and keep progressive Muslim women behind the practice has its origins in war times which were used against those fighting
with Muslims but ceased once hostilities were over

May God continue to increase ur wisdom for saying the truth. Ur people are going to brainwash innocent Muslims into doing whats wrong

Araboy:

The Quran addresses marriage to non Muslims only in two instances Allah Says '' And do not marry polytheist men to your women until they believe and believing slave is better than polytheist even though he might please you " Quran 2:221

" And lawful in marriage are chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the scripture before you "Quran 5 :5

Here there are some absolute truths we can establish from those two Ayats
first there a differentiation is made between non Muslims "People of the book (Christians and Jews) and non Muslims Polytheists like Hindus Sikhs Buddhists Atheists
F Etc

I think u deserved to be made a moderator for enlightening and educating this ur fellow muslims that are misinterpreting what the quran says. Now i know many muslims are uninformed about the true message of the holy quran

Araboy:

The next point is Muslim men are permitted to marry chaste Christian women when certain duties are upheld

Then it is naturally fair and just that Muslim women can also marry Christian men even though the Muslim women

are not directly addressed in the previous Ayat and no further guidance was given in case if a Muslim woman marry someone from "Ashab Al Kitab" (People of the book )

I wonder why people would be lopsided in there judgement. U are free to pick on our women, yet our men cant pick on ur women. God will never be partial except human being lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
Araboy:

The teaching that Muslim woman can not marry a Christian man is misguided teaching intended to confuse and keep progressive Muslim women behind the practice has its origins in war times which were used against those fighting 

The Quran addresses marriage to non Muslims only in  two instances  Allah Says '' And do not marry polytheist men to your women until they believe and believing slave is better than polytheist even though he might please you " Quran 2:221

" And lawful in marriage are chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the scripture before you "Quran 5 :5

Here there are some  absolute truths we can establish from those two Ayats

First  there  a differentiation is made between non Muslims "People of the book (Christians and Jews) and non Muslims Polytheists like Hindus Sikhs Buddhists  Atheists Etc   

The next point is Muslim men are permitted to marry chaste Christian women when certain  duties are upheld

Then it is naturally fair and just that Muslim women can also marry Christian men even though the Muslim women
are not directly addressed in the previous Ayat and no further guidance was given in case if a Muslim woman marry someone from "Ashab Al Kitab"  (People of the book )

i disagree with you.InshaAllah, I'll check out the reference to where the prophet ordered that a lady leave her marriage to a man who became an unbeliever.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
of i had expected u to disagree with the truth. Smdh. Araboy is a muslim that has knowledge. Hes not based in Nigeria and so hes not brainwashed like most others are
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Sweetnecta: 3:20am On Sep 03, 2011
@Araboy: [Quote]The next point is Muslim men are permitted to marry chaste Christian women when certain duties are upheld

Then [b]it is naturally fair and just that Muslim women can also marry Christian men even though the Muslim women
are not directly addressed in the previous Aya[/b]t and no further guidance was given in case if a Muslim woman marry someone from "Ashab Al Kitab" (People of the book )[/Quote]Since no direct guidance is given to muslim women tomarry ashab al kitab, and all you did to make your own conclusion in using 'it is only fair', tell me how 'certain duties are going to be upheld when the husband, who is a decree higher [in strength, and working and providing for the family] than his wife?

Would she say to him, don't wear your cross at all? Will he say to him, please restrict you religious duties to this area of the house and your church, alone?

Toba is excited about your knowledge, so please dont disappoint him when you explain the certain duties are to be upheld.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2011
na wa. a fellow muslim is being querried for expression what he feels is logical. instead of u to sit and digest what hes got to say, ur indoctrinated mind has blind folded u from reasoning along the path of what covld be the truth.did God tell u personally that he detest inter religious marriage?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Sweetnecta: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^ let araboy speak. could be is not exactly it. Islam is clear. no muslim woman was married to jew or christian in Madina. so, opinion of araboy, is just an opinion.

he will back down from it, inchaAllah if his conscience pricks him [like kicking against the pricks in the Bibles] that what is clear is clear and what is doubtful, one should avoid it.

will i marry my woman folks to a non muslim, even alal kitab? the answer is no way.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2011
Smdh. 99% muslims belong to time past in modern day. are we still in medina? is God from medina? why do u want to enforce the practice of medina on muslims in nigeria? ur just too religious and indoctrinated to old school practice. what are u going to do about more than 5muslims that are willing to marry a xtian on nl? are they going to hell if they did? where in the nigerian constitution is it stated that there shdnt be inter religious married? pls enlighten ur self.its a pity that u are going to prevent ur beautiful daughter from marrying a good xtian man when she grows up out of ignorance and give her in marriage to a boko haram man. patheticn she grows up out of ignorance and give her in marriage to a boko haram man. pathetic
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by boloase(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
Don't realy knw why dis topic. Or is it anoda way of makin muslims look unacomodatin? I hv had cases of ladies sayin dey wndn't hv bn wit a guy if he had bn a muslim despite hvn a muslim backgrd. Also a lady told she cnt marry a man frm a particular tribe. So i think it caugt acros religions & ethnic gps. Lets stop being myopic or sentimental in our approaches to issues, espcialy such isues as marriage.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by boloase(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
Don't realy knw why dis topic. Or is it anoda way of makin muslims look unacomodatin? I hv had cases of ladies sayin dey wndn't hv bn wit a guy if he had bn a muslim despite hvn a muslim backgrd. Also a lady told she cnt marry a man frm a particular tribe. So i think it caugt acros religions & ethnic gps. Lets stop being myopic or sentimental in our approaches to issues, espcialy such isues as marriage.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by boloase(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2011
Hey toba! You still have not addressed the issue of the different sects in xtianity discriminating among one another. The catholics, jehova witness, cele, C n S an oda sects preventing intra religion marriages. At least you all are christians, so why is it a problem? Yoi see a catholic saying he\she can't get married to a redeemer, jehova witness must marry a j.witness, y is that?

Secondly, the percentage of the so called muslims in the boko haram sect is quite negligible, so stop the unnecessary affiliation, except u tell me uve personally met \know a boko haramist.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
brb to respond to even though u are one of the very few muslims that got me attracted to islam cos of some of the few good xters u exhibit. i just hope that if i cant have u, u wouldnt fall into the hands of misguided elements traumatising 150 million people in nigeria and in the world over. i soon address what u ve raised in ur post
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2011
Araboy:

The Quran addresses marriage to non Muslims only in  two instances  Allah Says '' And do not marry polytheist men to your women until they believe and believing slave is better than polytheist even though he might please you " Quran 2:221

Here there are some  absolute truths we can establish from those two Ayats

First  there  a differentiation is made between non Muslims "People of the book (Christians and Jews) and non Muslims Polytheists like Hindus Sikhs Buddhists  Atheists Etc   

The next point is Muslim men are permitted to marry chaste Christian women when certain  duties are upheld

are not directly addressed in the previous Ayat and no further guidance was given in case if a Muslim woman marry someone from "Ashab Al Kitab"  (People of the book )

You are gravely mistaken, one should not sit in one corner in his room and make pronouncement without taking adequate cognizance to other evidence involved, this is a response from a Muslim scholar on the matter:

Al-salamu 'alaykum sister:

First I should apologize for the long time it has taken me to respond to your message. As you might have heard, I have been rather ill. But on a happier note, recently we were blessed with a wonderful baby boy.

But I should confess that there is another reason for the delay. This is a difficult issue to deal with. I did receive a large number of inquiries about this same issue, and I have tended to avoid responding to them because I am not exactly very excited about handling this weighty and serious problem.

Surprising to me, all schools of thought prohibited a Muslim woman from marrying a man who is a kitabi (among the people of the book). I am not aware of a single dissenting opinion on this, which is rather unusual for Islamic jurisprudence because Muslim jurists often disagreed on many issues, but this is not one of them.

All jurists agreed that a Muslim man or woman may not marry a mushrik [one who associates partners with God--there is a complex and multi-layered discourse on who is to be considered a mushrik, but we will leave this for a separate discussion]. However, because of al-Ma'ida verse 5, there is an exception in the case of a Muslim man marrying a kitabiyya. There is no express prohibition in the Qur'an or elsewhere about a Muslim woman marrying a kitabi. However, the jurists argued that since express permission was given to men, by implication women must be prohibited from doing the same. The argument goes: If men needed to be given express permission to marry a kitabiyya, women needed to be given express permission as well, but since they were not given any such permission then they must be barred from marrying a kitabi.

[b]The justification for this rule was two-fold: 1) Technically, children are given the religion of their father, and so legally speaking, the offspring of a union between a Muslim male and a kitabiyya would still be Muslim; 2)It was argued that Muslim men are Islamically prohibited from forcing their wives to become Muslim. Religious coercion is prohibited in Islam. However, in Christianity and Judaism a similar prohibition against coercion does not exist. According to their own religious law, Muslim jurists argued, Christian men may force their Muslim wives to convert to their (the husbands') religion. Put differently, it was argued, Islam recognizes Christianity and Judaism as valid religions, but Judaism and Christianity do not recognize the validity of Islam as a religion. Since it was assumed that the man is the stronger party in a marriage, it was argued that Christian and Jewish men will be able to compel their Muslim wives to abandon Islam. (If a Muslim man would do the same, he would be violating Islamic law and committing a grave sin[/b]).

I assure you people like toba, who do not mind insulting the deen and demeaning the Porphets pbuh, would not mind re - enacting the same if he found himself in such a marriage. to understand the matter, in our society we all know the fanaticism associated with many Christians, toba being one, won't mind hurling insults once he has gotten the 'goods' he sort to reach before marriage. we should be very careful when giving our opinon on matters like these, if my Christian friend was to ask how should he go about marrying my sister, i know he my sis will tell him no upfront, but my advise in such a circumstance you can be with my sis if you are a muslim, our society is male dominated, such that males can imposed their will on the entire family without looking back and none to question their authority, more importantly one would expect the mother of her children to also consider the eternal abode of her children not just her immediate satisfaction. and Allah knows best.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
Mr man, which site did u lift this trash from? Pathetic. U are relying on another mans opinion to form the premise for ur opinion? Smdh. Ask the source if God spoke him directly on the subject matter
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2011
^^^^

I wondering should i give Obj response to IBB which goes like this in proverb it says never argue with a fool so that you do not become 1. and the same proverb also goes on to say argue with a Fool so that he does not think himself wise.

I did not quote the above scenario to insult you or call you foolish, but to paint my dilema in dealing with you. People like you are what I will call Baba Munafiq, you are an avowed enemy of islam which seeks destroying the religion by calling people to ignore highly research positions. You are what i call Fitnah creator. You want to create dissension in the minds of Muslims oh enemies of Islam! but you have failed Islam is not a man made Paul misconception that you can twart. you wrote that I am pathetic for bring the opinion of a scholar who happens to know more of the deen than i. You said I rely on another man's opinion as a premise for mine, i ask are you a free thinker, whatever denomination of Christianity you fall into it did not fall into your head you happen to have follow another man opinion of religion as a premise. Did God speak directly to araboy before he made his view known, has God ever spoken to you to inform you that the religion you follow is the right path? or that you must marry a muslim lady? or that you should quit being a hypocrite who has not manage to marry women of other denominations i his own religion and yet pretends to want to fix bridges accross board! man do not let me take you to task on you new mis yarns. whether i rely on other peoples opinion has nothing to do with anything, it is whether such opinions are right.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:32am On Sep 04, 2011
^^^

Thumbs Up!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2011
Araboy is of the mark with his presentation on this topic. I know why he holds such beliefs. However, they are totally wrong. The brother needs to receive better orientation on some topics. I am afraid that his environment is affecting his faith negatively. I might no have time to argue here, just want to add my voice to negating his wrong assertion.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2011
@Vedaxcool, thnks so much for that
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
bhusayor:

Hey toba! You still have not addressed the issue of the different sects in xtianity discriminating among one another. The catholics, jehova witness, cele, C n S an oda sects preventing intra religion marriages. At least you all are christians, so why is it a problem? Yoi see a catholic saying he\she can't get married to a redeemer, jehova witness must marry a j.witness, y is that?

Secondly, the percentage of the so called muslims in the boko haram sect is quite negligible, so stop the unnecessary affiliation, except u tell me uve personally met \know a boko haramist.

I made dat clear to him nd like I said he uses it as a weapon wen out of point
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
toba:

of i had expected u to disagree with the truth. Smdh. Araboy is a muslim that has knowledge. Hes not based in Nigeria and so hes not brainwashed like most others are

i can read btw d lines nd evn beyond. I didnt reply ds earlier because like i said, I was goin to check up some references. y d'u keep using d word brainwash. Obviously, u'r not ready to reason in the line of anyone who doesnt agree wv u. ds is a forum where every1 can share their views after which everyone decides wat to believe nd wat not to. stop using that word like d pple here cant reason.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
toba:

na wa. a fellow muslim is being querried for expression what he feels is logical. instead of u to sit and digest what hes got to say, your indoctrinated mind has blind folded u from reasoning along the path of what covld be the truth.did God tell u personally that he detest inter religious marriage?

I think ds is for u. U av questioned everything logical on ds forum.

toba:

Smdh. 99% muslims belong to time past in modern day. are we still in medina? is God from medina? why do u want to enforce the practice of medina on muslims in nigeria? your just too religious and indoctrinated to old school practice. what are u going to do about more than 5muslims that are willing to marry a xtian on nl? are they going to hell if they did? where in the nigerian constitution is it stated that there shdnt be inter religious married? pls enlighten your self.its a pity that u are going to prevent your beautiful daughter from marrying a good xtian man when she grows up out of ignorance and give her in marriage to a boko haram man. patheticn she grows up out of ignorance and give her in marriage to a boko haram man. pathetic

u can not contiue to judge Islam by your own belief.
In Islam we get good reward for good deeds and bad one for bad these. The good is weighed against the bad on the day of judgement. So, people who do what Islam doesnt allow would only b increasing their bad deeds nd not necessarily going to hell for that.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2011
Generally, allegiance to Islam apart,

Isnt marriage supposed to be with someone you'r compatible with? Does anyone want to live everyday thinking maybe their husband would enter hell. How about the children. I once shared the story of a girl who was having problems because of her parents' religion. Does anyone think her children deserve those kind of complexities early on
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Araboy(m): 12:30am On Sep 05, 2011
@ sweetnecta What I said was crystal clear Quran never gave Muslim women clear guidance  not  to marry Christian or Jewish men

The issue is not about Toba or myself I am not a scholar nor a Mufti but Alhamdulillah I am humbled with the little knowledge I know Allah blessed me to be born in very knowledgeable Muslim family where all boys and girls are required to memorize the whole Quran before age ten and learn Usul Al  Hadith  and Fikh intensively 

sweetnecta stop saying there were no Muslim women married to Christian or Jewish man in Mecca ! Oh yeah maybe you did not know at least I hope you agreed with me that polytheists are worse than Christians and Jews according to Quran Yet do you know Zainab the daughter of the Prophet SAW was married to  a non Muslim Polytheist Abdul As Ibn Rabee and where ? in Mecca ! and while she was Muslim

Rukayyah and Um Kelthum both daughters of the Prophet SAW were married to the sons of Abu Jahl where ? in Mecca ! BTW none of them never been Muslims

Hind Bint Utbata one of the main women supporters of the Prophet and wife of the most prestigious and noble of Quraish were muslim while her husband (Abu Sufyan Ibn Harb father of the umayad dynasty ruler Muawiya ) while he still Polytheist and she never divorced from him until his conversion

So brother your opinion was only your opinion and Toba is only your tribal man and compatriote

@ Vedaxcool

Funny when you accused me of same thing you doing stop issuing Fatwa and talking about a subject from your subjective view and relaying some views of some unidentified Scholar Do you know that the views of any Scholar including the ones of Imams  Malik Abu Hanifa Ahmed and  Al Shafi'i  are not obligatory to follow more less  the ones of any other Muslim Scholar

I do know there are many challenges and obstacles in inter religious Marriage I do not intend myself to be in one for personal reasons and so most of Muslims I will come later to discuss some of the issues facing the Muslim women
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2011
Am looking forward to that actually. Am very open to this. I hope someone would provide an hadith against marriage to non believers, in the absence of which, i'll accept discretion is all it requires.

I still say-
deols:

Generally, allegiance to Islam apart,

Isnt marriage supposed to be with someone you'r compatible with? Does anyone want to live everyday thinking maybe their husband would enter hell. How about the children. I once shared the story of a girl who was having problems because of her parents' religion. Does anyone think her children deserve those kind of complexities early on
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2011
Araboy:

@ sweetnecta What I said was crystal clear Quran never gave Muslim women clear guidance  not  to marry Christian or Jewish men

The issue is not about Toba or myself I am not a scholar nor a Mufti but Alhamdulillah I am humbled with the little knowledge I know Allah blessed me to be born in very knowledgeable Muslim family where all boys and girls are required to memorize the whole Quran before age ten and learn Usul Al  Hadith  and Fikh intensively 

sweetnecta stop saying there were no Muslim women married to Christian or Jewish man in Mecca ! Oh yeah maybe you did not know at least I hope you agreed with me that polytheists are worse than Christians and Jews according to Quran Yet do you know Zainab the daughter of the Prophet SAW was married to  a non Muslim Polytheist Abdul As Ibn Rabee and where ? in Mecca ! and while she was Muslim

Rukayyah and Um Kelthum both daughters of the Prophet SAW were married to the sons of Abu Jahl where ? in Mecca ! BTW none of them never been Muslims

Hind Bint Utbata one of the main women supporters of the Prophet and wife of the most prestigious and noble of Quraish were muslim while her husband (Abu Sufyan Ibn Harb father of the umayad dynasty ruler Muawiya ) while he still Polytheist and she never divorced from him until his conversion

So brother your opinion was only your opinion and Toba is only your tribal man and compatriote

you see why it is dangerous following ones opinion without taking evidence with great circumspect, I ask when the laws of Marriage were promulgated, was it in mecca or medina, have you forgotten that all of the shariah was not revealed in one day and that initially Muslims were not band from taking alcohol? you don't just make statements that you think supports your view without weighing the circumstance, we should not be like the disbelievers who will carry verses etc in isolation.

Araboy:

@ Vedaxcool

Funny when you accused me of same thing you doing stop issuing Fatwa and talking about a subject from your subjective view and relaying some views of some unidentified Scholar Do you know that the views of any Scholar including the ones of Imams  Malik Abu Hanifa Ahmed and  Al Shafi'i  are not obligatory to follow more less  the ones of any other Muslim Scholar

I accused you if being subjective, no I only stated the obvious that you had not taken other evidence before reading the Qur'an by yourself,as during the time of the Prophet there was the story of a Muslim woman who left her husband after moving to ethiopia because he became a Christian, you see before any one should sit and make his own fatwa on a topic one should weight matters clearly by noting the issue is not just ones fancy and one wanting to be modern. Now you accusing me of being subjective throws back one question, did my subjectivity stop you from refuting the content of the relaying of the scholar opinion on the matter, rather than refute what the scholar wrote if you believed it was wrong, you simply reduced everything to not following a scholar, i beg to differ, the matter is about following the RIGHT OPINION, whether given by a scholar or a lay man, it is about how correct the opinion is, you see on the reading the book The Evolution of FIQ, i read the great scholar Shafi opinion on blindly following his view, which he clearly rejected, so for you to say it is not obligatory to follow scholar is a very misleading statement and reduces the discusss to nothing more than a freedom of thought brohaha, this scholars did not just give their opinion on matters they consider a great deal of evidence before passing a Fatwa on the matter. Following any scholar is not obligatory but following the RIGHT PATH is mandatory, this scholars bring their opinion not just out of their fancy but that they have consider evidence and taken decision based on the rightness of their opinion. And Allah knows best.
Araboy:

I do know there are many challenges and obstacles in inter religious Marriage I do not intend myself to be in one for personal reasons and so most of Muslims I will come later to discuss some of the issues facing the Muslim women.

Well they are even challenges in Muslim to Muslim marriages, so the issue is very clear, it is not about the challenge but it is about the rightness of doing such, the rightness of marrying your Muslim daughter to a Christian Man, in Islam Love alone is not the chief reason for one getting married, you remeber the hadith of the Prophet pbuh, when he said marry a woman for her deen, that is her piety, he gave for reasons people get married wealth, beauty, religion, family nobility, yet he favoured religion, that is the lady's practice of religion. So a Muslim female marrying a Christian male must also ask herself this questions which should be the best reason to get married for. I do hope non of my respnse is taken to be rudness as it is not intended to be such. When the fitnah creator comes here complaining that Muslims are preventing inter - religious marriage then one should take his complaint with a pinch of salt, since even within his religion denomination are thwarting inter-denominational marriage

Salam
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2011
Pathetic defense and ignorant comments.

pls deal with these

A FAMILY of albino Muslims in Coventry are being terrorised by bigots because their daughter married a man from another religion.

The so-called “honour” retribution has included smashed windows at their Edgwick home, vandalised cars and death threats.

Now, head of the family Aslam Parvez has made a plea to the culprits to end the hatred.

“We’re a good family and have done nothing wrong yet we’re being punished in the name of honour,” he said.

[center][size=15pt]'We may be forced to flee city'[/size][/center]

THE head of a Coventry family of albino Muslims has pleaded for an end to a campaign of “honour”
harassment which began after his daughter married outside the faith.

The Parvez-Akhtar family, of Edgwick, has been subjected to vicious [size=20pt]attacks because eldest daughter Naseem wed a Christian.[/size]

[size=15pt]House windows have been smashed, their cars vandalised and they receive constant hate mail[/size]

Aslam Parvez, aged 53, blames members of the Muslim community who believe the family have been dishonoured by his daughter’s marriage.

He contacted the Telegraph to issue a public appeal in a desperate bid to make the culprits stop.

“We’re a good family and have done nothing wrong yet we’re being punished in the name of honour,” he said.

The hate campaign started five months ago when a national magazine published an article on albinos which featured Naseem, who no longer lives in Coventry and has little contact with her family.

It revealed how she has married a Christian, goes to church and is expecting her second child with her husband.

Mr Parvez says copies of the article were quickly[b] spread maliciously, and were posted on walls near their house and through the doors of Muslim homes in the community.[/b]

Mr Parvez says he has received numerous death threats and has spent hundreds of pounds installing security cameras around his house.

[size=15pt]He has now stopped going to mosque and says he may be forced to flee the city with his wife Shameem Akhtar, 55, three sons Mohammed, 17, Haider, 28, Gulam, 30, and daughters Muqadas, 26 and Musarat, 19[/size]

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/08/04/coventry-albino-muslim-family-terrorised-by-hate-campaign-after-daughter-marries-christian-92746-29177532/#ixzz1X4a5KByB

pathetic
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 05, 2011
Araboy:

@ Vedaxcool

I do know there are many challenges and obstacles in inter religious Marriage I do not intend myself to be in one for personal reasons and so most of Muslims I will come later to discuss some of the issues facing the Muslim women

U dont know that vedaxcool is the leader of jihad BOKO HARAM supporters on Nairaland.

See what muslims are doing to fellow muslims becos she married a christian. This is pathetic.

[size=15pt]WHERE DID GOD TELL ANY OF YOU MUSLIMS ON NAIRALAND THAT ONE PARTICULAR WOMAN CANNOT MARRY ANOTHER MAN?[/size]
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2011
Muslims dont claim God speaks with them. The Qur'an and hadith guide us. So, stop asking for when or where God spoke with anyone.

What those Muslims did(if true) is wrong and not Islamic .It should be condemned by everyone.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
deols:

Muslims dont claim God speaks with them. The Qur'an and hadith guide us. So, stop asking for when or where God spoke with anyone.

Who did u muslims say wrote the Qur'an?

deols:

What those Muslims did(if true) is wrong and not Islamic .It should be condemned by everyone.
Good talk. See what islam extremism is causing in the world. I thought terrorism was meant to attack 'enemies' of Islam, why then are they attacking their own? So if i marry any of the muslims here, u people might kill her family? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.