Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (14759 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by IbroSaunks(m): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Hmm, so why then do I have many Muslim friends who know my beliefs and do not want to kill me.

Ah I know why , because they are Yoruba ( mostly liberal ) and not Shia .

If it were to be Hausa, I am sure , my head would have been on top of a pole by now. grin

I love my Yoruba brothers and sisters grin

I am yoruba, but i would not just watch you insult my beliefs.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

Even unlearned person can say this.

By the way, thank you.

I am sorry if I offended you cry , honestly it is nothing personal, just my opinion !!!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Teejazy:

@toba or watever u're called, it's clear dat u're a xtian y not stick to your fellow xtian ladies or u want them to remain single 4life.

abi ooo. He is after decency, common among Muslim girls
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

how does this affect xtians? didnt your koran talk about jesus and his followers as believers in God?

yes, d christians of then, who were monotheists and not those of three-in-one
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

God forbid that a Christian who has the Holy Spirit of GOD  , a new creature in Christ JESUS ,  should marry a Muslim.

A cousin of mind in the UK was going out with a Muslim Asian lady and the mother was heart broken , I personally was mad . Now this is not because I hate Muslims but because I see ISLAM as totally incompatible with the life of a true follower of JESUS. One is darkness and the other is light ,  one worships Yahweh and the other worships ALLAH.

So in the same house the husband will pray in Jesus name and the wife will be saying Allah-u-Akbar , I say GOD Forbid such a thing to happen !!!!

A truly born again believer ( I am not talking about nominal church goers here ) will never even consider marrying a Muslim woman except she repents of her sins and wickedness and becomes born again.

Why will anyone want to marry a woman covered in black 24x7  

I choose freedom over bondage.

grow up frosbel, grow up pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
i'd expect that follow Jesus in totality, Where is your claim found in the bible, to start with.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

abi ooo. He is after decency, common among Muslim girls

decency , common among Muslim girls.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't even get me started on this one.

Is it Kano where where both Full Hijab and Half Hijab wearing girls mess up, you see so called holy Alhajis fornicating with every Jane and Judith ,  or is it  Oyo and Lagos states where Muslims girls are , ,  in fact I won't say it !!!!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

decency , common among Muslim girls.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please don't even get me started on this one.

Is it Kano where where both Full Hijab and Half Hijab wearing girls mess up, you see so called holy Alhajis fornicating with every Jane and Judith ,  or is it  Oyo and Lagos states where Muslims girls are , ,  in fact I won't say it !!!!

did u c d word common

of cus dr are always d bad eggs. Generally, muslim girls are d most decent.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Islam is close to Christianity , yeah right  grin grin

Did you know there are similarities between Islam and Buddhism undecided

have u ever heard of the word abrahamic??

u can find google helpful
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by juman(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
@toba, why cant you look for one of the millions of Christian ladies to marry?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
Laalamed:

Christians should marry only in the lord.in islam,muslims girls are not allowed to marry 'infidels' but muslim men can marry women from other faiths.that is hypocrisy.

a man who prevents his children from going out late at night but comes back late from work is an hypocrite by your definition then??. Common sense is all anyone needs sometimes!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

good point. this is high level of hypocrisy. u can pick on our girls but we cant touch your ladies. the Muslims wouldn't see the illogicality in this cos of brainwashing. smdh

ur girls av a choice. Like i said earlier, they marry Muslims for the material benefit many of the time
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
hercules07:

I do not know where toba is from, but Yorubas marry across religion well well, maybe the ones in Ilorin are a little bit more hardened in their religious ways, but, hardly will you see a yoruba family that does not have cross religion marriages, we no send. We were Yorubas first before we got our religions.

toba:

thats exactly what pagan9ja is saying. tribe comes before religion. solid point. im sure our muslim sister would disagree with you

excuse me my dear friends. this is a bit complicated. let me explain this issue a bit. Before the advent of islam and christianity, tribe was inseparable from religion. Every tribe in this world had its own religion. Nowadays, because of islam and christianity, many tribes around the world have lost their original  religion,  which has been replaced by one of the two, like a virus. As a result, when i say tribe comes before religion, i am not referring to the original tribal religion. I am referring to these foreign religions.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

@Laalamed

You have to understand that because ISLAM is not a spiritual religion, they can only grow their religion by two specific methods :

1. The sword - This is Jihad , to forcefully convert people to ISLAM

2. By rapid procreation , hence the issue of 4 wives.

There is another lesser method used but which is not very successful, i will say success rate 0.9%, is Jihad by deception. Telling lies to lure people to ISLAM.

Christianity on the other hand, ( and I do not mean Catholicism etc ) can only grow by a spiritual birth into the kingdom of GOD. You see God is not concerned about numbers but about the quality of holiness and righteousness of his followers and their LOVE for him.

You are not and never will be born a Christian physically , ONLY by a divinely initiated encounter with the living GOD, Yahweh, our Father, creator and lover.

Amen.

LOVE to ALL MUSLIMS.

Faithfully FROSBEL.

u can say wat u like but the issue of polygamy solves much more than u wld admit. is it not worse that your women are turning lesbians nd fathers turning gay
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

How can I be racist when I am a raisin head black negro grin grin grin grin grin

i can nd should forgive u now. Racism is only against blacks ughn?? just like xtians are the only victims of terrorism??
u are highly myopic
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
The level at which Nigerians have taken religion is mind buggling. Even ethnicity is not taken that seriously. That explains why there are several inter tribal marriages among Nigerians. For instance my cousin(Igbo) married a husband(Yoruba) and it wasn't a big deal. But i don't know why inter-religious marriage is a no no for so many people. The only inter-religious marriages i have come accross are those of people with passive religious views. That's why you'll rarely see a hardcore Muslim getting married to a fervent christian. Imagine a "pastor" getting married to an "Alhaja".
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

excuse me my dear friends. this is a bit complicated. let me explain this issue a bit. Before the advent of islam and christianity, tribe was inseparable from religion. Every tribe in this world had its own religion. Nowadays, because of islam and christianity, many tribes around the world have lost their original  religion,  which has been replaced by one of the two, like a virus. As a result, when i say tribe comes before religion, i am not referring to the original tribal religion. I am referring to these foreign religions.
embarassed embarassed

do u believe in GOD
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

your girls av a choice. Like i said earlier, they marry Muslims for the material benefit many of the time
i dont want to get angry with what u ve been saying so i will control myself. what kinda yeye benefit do our girls get from your men? what are going to do about ur fellow muslima that are willing to marry xtian? u pple arent well informed at all at all. smdh
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
afam4eva:

The level at which Nigerians have taken religion is mind buggling. Even ethnicity is not taken that seriously. That explains why there are several inter tribal marriages among Nigerians. For instance my cousin(Igbo) married a husband(Yoruba) and it wasn't a big deal. But i don't know why inter-religious marriages are a no no for so many people. The only inter-religious marriages i have come accross are those of people with passive religious views. That's why you'll rarely see a hardcore Muslim getting married to a fervent christian. Imagine a "pastor" getting married to an "Alhaji".
abeg tell them. just imagine how this doels have been defending absurdity. this is an indirect slavery. i pity some muslims that would follow most of what these muslims have been saying on this thread
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

No surprise here , what will an old man want with a young girl  

I go die ooooooooooooooooooo    grin

wat does a young girl want wv an old man. MONEy?? Materialism??
toba:

i dont want to get angry with what u ve been saying so i will control myself. what kinda yeye benefit do our girls get from your men? what are going to do about your fellow muslima that are willing to marry xtian? u pple arent well informed at all at all. smdh

nice of u to control urself hahahah.

am serious about the benefit. Am talking from experience. Yu'll c many of those big men goin after xtian girls wu wld marry them  obviously for the reasons i mentioned.

but that is not to say ds is it in all cases. dats y i sed many of d time.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

abeg tell them. just imagine how this doels have been defending absurdity. this is an indirect slavery. i pity some muslims that would follow most of what these muslims have been saying on this thread

u call ds slavery??
dey are not forced to marry anyone. dey'r only given a guideline.

i'd assume calling me doels isnt deliberate.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

u call ds slavery??
dey are not forced to marry anyone. dey'r only given a guideline.

i'd assume calling me doels isnt deliberate.
yea it was an error. however try to force some kinda practice on some innocent young ladies that might not go down well with them is what?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

u can say wat u like but the issue of polygamy solves much more than u wld admit. is it not worse that your women are turning lady-loving-ladies nd fathers turning man-lover
who told u that its only xtians that are guilty of what u ve alleged above?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
OLASODE2K:

Islam while allowing moslem men to marry christian women forbids those between moslem women and christian men. The reason is both tactically and strategic. Tactically in sense the if such marriage is allowed, it would lead to one in which the husband, as the head of the family, would use his tremendous powers to restrict the freedom of the woman to worship Allah freely. Its strategic importance is dat it bcomes quite risky that islam might lose that woman to another religion thereby depleting the moslem folks.

makes sense!

Many pple wu think such allowances as ds are for the good of the muslim men do not understand Islam.

A man is the shepherd of his household and would be asked about every individual under his keep. A muslim man who marries a xtian woman would be working so hard to keep his children on the part. If they stray as a result of his choices, he has a great case to answer before God. So a muslim man married to a xtian woman better not feel like he has one big priviledge. I would call that a TEST.

Just like in polygamy, d man is under a great test. How just can he be? A fear of the above is enoff to keep any man away but most dont know.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
juman:

@toba, why cant you look for one of the millions of Christian ladies to marry?
what happened to freedom of choice? if a muslima wants to marry me, would u prevent her?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by http(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2011
Well, inter-religious marriage do exist but it more common among Yoruba where i came from.

I will use myself as an example, my father was a christian till he dies and my mum a muslim still living. am the last in the family, my mum practise her religion so does my dad.

We were giving both Christian and Islamic knowledge from both parents and left to decide on what to do when we grow older, all of us have muslim names and some do have christian names, buth we are keen having a yoruba names than Xtian names.

Overtime i have learned to respect both religion and what they believe and their areas of divergent. i know the principle of Xtianity and that of Islam cos i have been on both side. As i grew older i pray to God to show me the way and he does, Am a muslim even in the mist of Xtian but respect their decision and i know they respect my conviction to Islam too.

My lineage have both religion cos my grad parents are from both religion too. My wife is a Christian and we are open about that.

Let just be tolerant and pls respect people religion, "if u don't want someone to abuse ur parent, don't abuse theirs" I have seen alot of Xtian abusing Islam, the Prophet (PBUH) many time and u hardly finds a misguarded muslim insulting Jesus cos is UnIslamic.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
It happens on both sides
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Afam4eva(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
http:

Well, inter-religious marriage do exist but it more common among Yoruba where i came from.

I will use myself as an example, my father was a christian till he dies and my mum a muslim still living. am the last in the family, my mum practise her religion so does my dad.

We were giving both Christian and Islamic knowledge from both parents and left to decide on what to do when we grow older, all of us have muslim names and some do have christian names, buth we are keen having a yoruba names than Xtian names.

Overtime i have learned to respect both religion and what they believe and their areas of divergent. i know the principle of Xtianity and that of Islam cos i have been on both side. As i grew older i pray to God to show me the way and he does, Am a muslim even in the mist of Xtian but respect their decision and i know they respect my conviction to Islam too.

My lineage have both religion cos my grad parents are from both religion too. My wife is a Christian and we are open about that.

Let just be tolerant and pls respect people religion, "if u don't want someone to abuse your parent, don't abuse theirs" I have seen alot of Xtian abusing Islam, the Prophet (PBUH) many time and u hardly finds a misguarded muslim insulting Jesus cos is UnIslamic.

You have a point there. I've noticed that inter-religious marriage exists among Yorubas because i've seen some Yoruba Moslems that have Christians as wives eg Fahola, Tinubu etc. I guess religion is not really a barrier for some Yoruba. But it could also imply that Yoruba are passive when it comes to Religion. Just a thought.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

yea it was an error. however try to force some kinda practice on some innocent young ladies that might not go down well with them is what?

wen u preach xtianity, are u forcing some ideas on somebody's throat Islam is goodwill nd dr's no compulsion in it. It is also total submission to the will of God. SO, reminding fellow Muslims of what is expected of them isnt a forceful act.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
u know thats a lie about islam. what are the islamic sect boko haram fighting for? whats their agenda?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by http(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
afam4eva:

You have a point there. I've noticed that inter-religious marriage exists among Yorubas because i've seen some Yoruba Moslems that have Christians as wives eg Fahola, Tinubu etc. I guess religion is not really a barrier for some Yoruba. But it could also imply that Yoruba are passive when it comes to Religion. Just a thought.

I bet to disagree that Yoruba are passive regard religion, i will say we are more OPEN, i am not a muslim cos my mum is, i am a muslim cos i pray and allow Allah's will for me and that is conviction not just parent telling you this is the religion that is right and good and that one is wrong and evil.

When people discovered themselves what matter to them and if that is the will of God for them, they will be convince and be convicted to it. I don't see anything in this world that can change me from Islam cos am convince about it.

My prayer is in Surat Fatia Ihidina siratal mustakim meaning Allah show us to the straight or right path.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
afam4eva:

thats why yoruba wouldnt join boko haram all in the name of religion
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
http:

I bet to disagree that Yoruba are passive regard religion, i will say we are more OPEN, i am not a muslim cos my mum is, i am a muslim cos i pray and allow Allah's will for me and that is conviction not just parent telling you this is the religion that is right and good and that one is wrong and evil.

When people discovered themselves what matter to them and if that is the will of God for them, they will be convince and be convicted to it. I don't see anything in this world that can change me from Islam cos am convince about it.

My prayer is in Surat Fatia Ihidina siratal mustakim meaning Allah show us to the straight or right path.

I'm still of the opinion that a hard-core muslim cannot marry a Christians because they'll disagree on so many things. One of the couple will have to either convert to the other's religion or  take it down a little bit. Because two fanatics in the opposite direction cannot live peacefully. That's what i think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.