Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (14761 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
suit yourself toba, u cant be helped, Mushkilatik Kathir
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2011
toba:

Who did u muslims say wrote the Qur'an?
Good talk. See what islam extremism is causing in the world. I thought terrorism was meant to attack 'enemies' of Islam, why then are they attacking their own? So if i marry any of the muslims here, u people might kill her family? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked

Olodo, the Qur'an was not written. Honour killing is a concept not in tune with Islam. More of a tribal thing. It shows that the family never truly loved the girl in the first place. Reason? Killing her would not change her beliefs at the point of death. This is something every sincere Muslim would care more about.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2011
deols:

suit yourself toba, u cant be helped, Mushkilatik Kathir

Are u cursing me?

maclatunji:

Olodo, the Qur'an was not written. Honour killing is a concept not in tune with Islam. More of a tribal thing. It shows that the family never truly loved the girl in the first place. Reason? Killing her would not change her beliefs at the point of death. This is something every sincere Muslim would care more about.
How did the quran originate?

Im sure u didnt read the article. Read again and lets deliberate on it cheesy
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
I have seen what the article says. The community not the family shay? Now, me I am telling you there there are even cases of families killing their daughters for very fickle reasons. The case you highlighted is an extension of that belief system. How was the Qur'an revealed? That is a standard WAEC question for Islamic Religious Knowledge. I suggest you go and read your book(s).
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
Is it right for a community to be aggressive on their own person all in the name of Marriage? Wheres the tolerance?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2011
Not at all! I have condemned it at family level so I cannot justify it at community level.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2011
However, you have to agree that it is a slap on your family and friends when you leave one religion for the other. Christians don't smile at their people who become Muslims. I know from first-hand experience. So, don't come here and start playing the victim. Toba, I am convinced you come from a Muslim background.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
Well to me i see nothing wrong if an individual changes religion. to be candid, i may be angry with someone close to me who leaves a ''good' religion to another. By that i mean living God to worship idol.

However, i wouldnt persecute e anyone cos only God knows whos serving him. One of my christian aunt just left xtianity for Yeye Osun worshipper. well i said its her choice even though im not happy bout that.

I dont have a muslim background but i practiced Islam between 1993 to 1995 at the same time going to church.

I fasted in two of the 2 Ramadans in between the 4 years. And prayed in top mosques in Lagos including the Lagos central mosque called Moshalashi Jimoh as well as the One in Muri Okunola street in VI
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
What led you to contemplate Islam between 1993 to 1995? Were you forced?
toba:

Well to me i see nothing wrong if an individual changes religion. to be candid, i may be angry with someone close to me who leaves a ''good' religion to another. By that i mean living God to worship idol.

However, i wouldnt persecute e anyone cos only God knows whos serving him. One of my christian aunt just left xtianity for Yeye Osun worshipper. well i said its her choice even though im not happy bout that.

I dont have a muslim background but i practiced Islam between 1993 to 1995 at the same time going to church.

I fasted in two of the 2 Ramadans in between the 4 years. And prayed in top mosques in Lagos including the Lagos central mosque called Moshalashi Jimoh as well as the One in Muri Okunola street in VI
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
No it was on personal volition. I was living with an Uncle a muslim married to a Muslim xtian aunt. The man goes to church with us and we opted to do same with him. He even gave me Yoruba and English Quran to read
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by maclatunji: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Sorry but that does not make sense. A Muslim uncle married to a Muslim aunt follows "us" to church. Who are the "us"?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
corected.

Myself and my sibling and the aunt. But my aunt never for once followed us to the mosque
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
that Uncle should be 'de-man-d'.   grin grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2011
:-x
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2011
toba:

:-x
wat does dat mean
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
lipsrsealed means i have closed my mouth. BTW can i see what u look like?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
toba:

Pathetic defense and ignorant comments.

pls deal with these

A FAMILY of albino Muslims in Coventry are being terrorised by bigots because their daughter married a man from another religion.

The so-called “honour” retribution has included smashed windows at their Edgwick home, vandalised cars and death threats.

Now, head of the family Aslam Parvez has made a plea to the culprits to end the hatred.

“We’re a good family and have done nothing wrong yet we’re being punished in the name of honour,” he said.

[center][size=15pt]'We may be forced to flee city'[/size][/center]

THE head of a Coventry family of albino Muslims has pleaded for an end to a campaign of “honour”
harassment which began after his daughter married outside the faith.

The Parvez-Akhtar family, of Edgwick, has been subjected to vicious [size=20pt]attacks because eldest daughter Naseem wed a Christian.[/size]

[size=15pt]House windows have been smashed, their cars vandalised and they receive constant hate mail[/size]

Aslam Parvez, aged 53, blames members of the Muslim community who believe the family have been dishonoured by his daughter’s marriage.

He contacted the Telegraph to issue a public appeal in a desperate bid to make the culprits stop.

“We’re a good family and have done nothing wrong yet we’re being punished in the name of honour,” he said.

The hate campaign started five months ago when a national magazine published an article on albinos which featured Naseem, who no longer lives in Coventry and has little contact with her family.

It revealed how she has married a Christian, goes to church and is expecting her second child with her husband.

Mr Parvez says copies of the article were quickly[b] spread maliciously, and were posted on walls near their house and through the doors of Muslim homes in the community.[/b]

Mr Parvez says he has received numerous death threats and has spent hundreds of pounds installing security cameras around his house.

[size=15pt]He has now stopped going to mosque and says he may be forced to flee the city with his wife Shameem Akhtar, 55, three sons Mohammed, 17, Haider, 28, Gulam, 30, and daughters Muqadas, 26 and Musarat, 19[/size]

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/08/04/coventry-albino-muslim-family-terrorised-by-hate-campaign-after-daughter-marries-christian-92746-29177532/#ixzz1X4a5KByB

pathetic

Pathetic is what we should describe your inability to refute any point that has been raised. I expected that my  Muslim brothers & Sisters would have ignore this your ignoble attempt at ridiculing Islam, but it seems they fell for your bait, An endless stream of question are laying waiting for  your answers yet Baba Munafiq, now invent this article to deflect all the questions raises more indictment against your flowed character,  a character that believes in using lies and deceit in spreading fitnah, you say I am a Boko haram, this again question whether your dad had ever taken time to explain what tolerance means, people stating their opinion makes them Boko haram, extremist etc yet you talk of tolerance, if there is a doubt in any mind about your motives in this thread then you simply just put it to clear. I am satisfied that you cannot refute my argument on any logical ground instead you heap insults which are more of a compliment to your character, You cannot not match the Logic of the discourse hence you have to invent Diversions. Your Type of person deserves pity, I think the bolded in this two proverb suits you more

Never Argue with a Fool lest you become 1

Argue with the fool so that he does not think himself wise
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2011
vedaxcool:

Pathetic is what we should describe your inability to refute any point that has been raised. I expected that my  Muslim brothers & Sisters would have ignore this your ignoble attempt at ridiculing Islam, but it seems they fell for your bait, An endless stream of question are laying waiting for  your answers yet Baba Munafiq, now invent this article to deflect all the questions raises more indictment against your flowed character,  a character that believes in using lies and deceit in spreading fitnah, you say I am a Boko haram, this again question whether your dad had ever taken time to explain what tolerance means, people stating their opinion makes them Boko haram, extremist etc yet you talk of tolerance, if there is a doubt in any mind about your motives in this thread then you simply just put it to clear. I am satisfied that you cannot refute my argument on any logical ground instead you heap insults which are more of a compliment to your character, You cannot not match the Logic of the discourse hence you have to invent Diversions. Your Type of person deserves pity, I think the bolded in this two proverb suits you more

Never Argue with a Fool lest you become 1

Argue with the fool so that he does not think himself wise

You are one hell of a chap that chooses to embarrass ur religion. we have been very very civil with ourselves over the last 8 pages until u came in here with ur over zealousness and ignorant xter.

WTF are u expecting ur Muslim brothers and sisters to Do? carry cutlass to cut my head? Hell no cos they aren't fooooools and ignorant. I posted an article which is in consonance with the subject of this thread which is premised on inter religious marriage. Ur very enlightened bro and sis chose to condemn an act thats not good. U jumped in here ignorantly to tantrum and cry.

Kindly read the article and objectly tell us if what was done to that family is fair enough. so becos a family chose to marry outside its religion, such family should be subjected to attacks and death threats? Pathetic. I thought ur Qur'an said theres no compulsion, why then should u be forcing ur stoooopid opinion on us and on other muslims here.

Tunji and deola are well grounded Muslims including Araboy yet they condemn such act. But a Boko haram potential member like u chose to attack them and attack me also that they are trying to woo into islam?

This is pathetic. I thought ur poor reasoning ability could have being extincted by now. I thought wrongly, cos its now becoming obvious that u are a misgiuded and non objective so that can pathetically become a terrorist all in the name of wanting to force ur stooopid and bias opinion on others.

If i ever ever contemplated joining Islam, with ignorant and pathetic MUMU like u, i will rather steer 1000,000,0000,0000,00000 miles a way from Islam till nuisance like u have been incapacitated.

WTF? We have been very very civil with ourselves cos those of us here are responsible individuals till a retaaared like u came on board. Its not by force to respond to my thread neither is it by force to accept ur incredible opinion.

Anymore BS from u, i would be forced to invite Jarus and Mukina2 to come tame you in a lions den/cage to go learn how to respond to ur elders u mooooron
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by hayorbaami: 11:56am On Sep 06, 2011
Same wth the xtians.I wudnt like to marry a xtain becos I don't want conflict of religion for them. Marrying a xtian will confuse d children on which of d religion to follow. I want my kids to be muslims and even beta than me in the religion.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
^your motive is selfish. you just want to gain converts. angry
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by tpia5: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
hmm, interesting article on albinism there.

and no, the parents shouldnt be punished over their daughter, who by the way left home 12 years ago and has been estranged from the family since then.

they already have enough on their plate with the condition.

here's the daughter's interview [i guess her mistake was granting one]:

I’ve been estranged from my parents for 12 years; I didn’t want to have an arranged marriage – I left home when I was 18. I knew what was expected of me by my family by a certain time – marrying a cousin or someone who had been chosen for me. But I just wanted to make something come alive - I didn’t want to be married to someone I didn’t love or who didn’t love me. My parents used to say to us “Who’s going to marry our children? - They’re Albino!” It felt like they were belittling us and devaluing us because of our Albinism. It felt like they were going to marry me off with someone from Pakistan who would feel that that I owed him a favour for marrying me. I didn’t like my parents’ attitudes towards us. It was hard to digest. I still feel it was the right decision to go. It’s been tough. It was something I thought about for a long time before leaving. I don’t have any regrets, apart form losing my family. I had to feel comfortable in my own skin.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/all-views/513285-pakistani-albino-family-terrorised-for-daughter-marrying-a-christian.html

so the offspring of two albinos may all end up albino? I didnt know that.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by tpia5: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
the family still has two more daughters who are probably unmarried btw.

should they be married off to albinos also, because i'm not sure that should be their only option?

why not just let them marry other races and nationalities even if the prospective partners are non-muslim.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by tunnytox(m): 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hmmm very interesting topic IMHO I cannot blame muslims who do not want their daughters or sons to marry Xtians because I will never subscribe to any of my daughters or even son marrying a muslim. I will bring up my children as a Xtian and ensure I use all within my power to encourage and pray for them so if such things should ever happen I'll have to thing twice and see if there's any area I have neglected my duties as a Xtian parent. However,the only thing I don't agree with is the use of force or any criminal means to stop the child who I believe is now an adult to decide his/her own fate.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
Pathetic story from the lady. I feel like sheding tears for her trauma. Some parents still believe they can match-make? shocked
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^its the culture and isnt necessarily a bad thing unless there are ethical problems involved.

the parents themselves were matchmade- that's why they're both albino.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2011
Tunnytox. Why cant u allow ur ward marry muslim? For me i would rather marry a good&well trained muslim that marry a hypocrite xtian
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
I think i failed to point out something. Parents of these days try to force and not match make. Match make is supposed to be a link and not force
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Jenifa1: 11:02pm On Sep 06, 2011
Most Christians will prefer not to marry a Muslim as well. It goes both ways.

the only exception is if the christian is a lukewarm christian. because most born again christians I know won't agree to marry a muslim.
If your argument is correct then it probably means that muslims take their religion more seriously? or muslims are more zealous than christians about their religion?

like I said, most born again christians I know won't marry a muslim.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
I dont know wth u got such notion from that probably lukewarm christian only marry xtian. My dear im a born before and born again xtian. I play active role in church. I would rather marry a good muslim than marry fake or hypocrite xtian
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by tunnytox(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2011
toba:

Tunnytox. Why cant u allow your ward marry muslim? For me i would rather marry a good&well trained muslim that marry a hypocrite xtian

Well there are many Xtians who are not hypocrites and I believe my children should marry from them, I have no problems with muslims in fact many of my cousins, aunts and friends are muslims. But as a Xtian who brought up his children in a Xtian way I will consider myself a failure if any of my children opt to go against their faith except of course if such child (God forbid) is a difficult and sturborn child who always want to have his/her own way.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Araboy(m): 1:41am On Sep 07, 2011
Definitely there could be a lot issues which can arise between the marriage of Muslim woman and non Muslim man

The non Muslim man would not naturally recognize Prophet Mohamed SAW as to be a Prophet of Allah and might object to Hijab he could want his wife to dress  more  "moderately " especially when going to a party .

Moreover he could ask her to sit with him while he consumes alcohol The husband could want the wife to serve alcohol for him and his friends after dinner The husband could find it okay for him to drink while his wife is offering her prayers and could want to touch her or be intimate with her while  fasting

More dangerous the non Muslim man could either of himself or out of pressure of his family compel the Muslim woman to accept his faith on other hand  a  Muslim man is under a strict instructions from Allah not to compel his wife to change her religion or insult Jesus Christ

Hence the rights of non Muslim woman are secured and protected in the house of Muslim man whereas it is not necessarily the same in vice versa situation
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by vedaxcool(m): 4:49am On Sep 07, 2011
@toba insult all you can, you have done worst than this, a man that wants to carry the load of another o his head while leaving his on th floor should be ask if all is well,

Church Regulations

Every couple marrying in the Catholic Church are required to give a minimum of three months notice to their priest and complete a Pre Nuptial Enquiry Form. The form is completed a meeting with local priest of each party.

There are at least three forms that you need to get before going to meet your priest.
1. A recently issued copy of your Baptismal Certificate
2. A recently issued copy of your Confirmation Certificate
3. A Letter of Freedom from each parish you have lived in since you were 18.

These forms indicate that you are a full member of the Church, and that there is no record of you having been married previously in Church. Or in the event of your having been married that the previous marriage ceased, normally when your spouse died.

Some people's personal circumstances are more complicated than the norm and require further permission. It is always best to meet with the priest and discuss the situation. In very brief outline these are the common situations.

Inter Church Marriage
When a Catholic wishes to marry a Christian of another denomination they must ask for a dispensation from their local bishop. The granting of this dispensation is dependant upon the promise of the Catholic party to ensure that their future children will be baptised in the Catholic Church and brought up in the faith. This promise is also by all Catholic couples.

In the event of the marriage ceremony being held in the church of another denomination it is necessary to ask for a dispensation of Form, that is permission to be married by the rites of another church. Again this permission is granted by the diocesan bishop.

Inter Faith Marriage
When a Catholic wishes to marry a person who is not baptised, or who is a member of another faith, they must seek a dispensation from the bishop. This is called a Disparity of Cult dispensation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Marry The 7 Types Of Pearls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.