Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? (22128 Views)

GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - / Different Types Of Land Documents / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Only your dad can retrieve the replicate copies of those documents from the State's Ministry of Lands and Housing, being the recognised beneficiary the deed of ownership was given.

Only way a family member (in this scenario, you) can be re-issued those documents is upon his demise (for which you'll have to present his duely registered death certificate), or a case of permanent disability that amounts to him being rendered perpetually inactive (for which also, you'll have to produce medical evidence of said disability).

Anything outside that, even if you decide to pay hundreds of thousands in bribes to officials of the said Ministry, is a colossal waste of time.

It is important to add as a notice to you, that the one issue the Nigerian Government and the law doesn't trifle with, is the possession of lands and landed assets.

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by bonechamberlain(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Zonefree:

Indirect way of nature trying to stop you from selling that land.
grin
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by ozome15(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Shoodboi:
Are you sure you lost your dad's land documents? Or you want to sell your family land behind your siblings back?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Peppysco: 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
JennyEva:
grin grin grin

OP I think you should go to where he registered it. Perhaps the local government, they should still have his records.

For this same Nigeria, I bow for you ooo.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
I lost my dad's land documents..and I want to sell it....how do retrieve it..
The land is registered..

Where's the land located and how much
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by NothingDoMe: 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shoodboi:
Are you sure you lost your dad's land documents? Or you want to sell your family land behind your siblings back?
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Okhuadams(m): 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..
Oga ade as goggle
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by observanc1: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..
why exactly do you want to sell your dad's land? Acquire yours and sell.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by yusufu16: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..

report to police first and get police report before taking any action
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by chloride6: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aah! You lost a whole title?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by porche104: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
Chat me up 2348064272060
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nonexisting1: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
You didn't lose anything, you simply don't have it. I know you're trying to sell the land behind everyone's back but your papa ancestors will not let it happen. Mark my words.

7 Likes

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Pickmycall: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
The documents are not missing.It is not in your possession.You just want to sell it and use the money to japa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nawttiboi007(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Start checking every Suya spot, Akara sellers, roasted corn or plantain etc grin grin grin
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Stevosty: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
If you can locate the family that sold the land, they usually have copy of every land sold, pray the family is a good one else it is very risky, they could deny ever selling the land to your father, even if family is good they will still demand some huge money to prepare a replica of what is lost, this is the best option though.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sell the land to me, forget if you have documents or not, i will sort the land documents out myself, all i need from you is to sign an agreement stating that you sold the land to me.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by package7(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
If, you are in Lagos go to lans at Alausa ikeja, explain to them as if, you want to buy the land, in the course of that take style make enquiry. All the best.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..

Unfinished story grin grin grin grin My instincts is telling me that u are just a Thief trying to sell his family's land behind their back grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why not hustle, buy urs and do whatever u want with it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Ubanz: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
Different laws applies in different states.
If I were you,I will first go to court to apply for affidavit of a missing document.
Then I take it to the land registry for a certified true copy.
You can also meet a lawyer for a guide but don't tell the lawyer that u intend selling the property.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Deserea: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shoodboi:
@Oliseh99 "the OP!"
Please come and answer this important question or consider yourself a suspect.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Freelane33(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
sirblend:
If omonile eventually lay hands on those documents..... Forget it....

O ti lor
Finalleeeeeeee
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Freelane33(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
qloreal16:
With the seriousness of Obidients, they might just win the election
Banned till 2095
grin
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by LEGALSER: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..

If you have the registration details of the title document, simply apply for the CTC and you are good to go.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by shanaka4u(m): 11:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Even if you had the land documents, you can't still sell it. There is a legal process to go through before you can transfer the property to a 3rd party. I have stopped giving legal Advice for free. Contact me if you need any. I will charge you for the cost of the legal Advice. Nothing goes for free in Nigeria anymore.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by citygarden(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
Don't understand the type of document you Lost if is deed of assignments, it comes with four documents one for the land seller, one for the lawyer that prepare the documents and other two copies for you. You can still contact the lawyer that prepare it.

If is survey, just contact a surveyor and take the coordinates of the land, the surveyor will take it to lands or surveyor general office and another surveys copy will be issued,

If is C of O, just go to lands with affidavits of Lost documents.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by JennyEva(f): 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Peppysco:

For this same Nigeria, I bow for you ooo.

Lol, no vex o, I don't just understand how these things work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How Land Grabbers Destroyed Houses At Ajao Estate, Lagos (Photos) / Quality Floor And Wall Tiles At Affordable Price / Why We Demolished 150 Shanties, Kiosks In Agege – Lagos Taskforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.