Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? (22003 Views)

GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - / Different Types Of Land Documents / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Stargirl6: 2:15am On Dec 29, 2022
Slynation:
You might be right, considering the facts land documents are not something you move around with, it's something you can keep in your home in a secluded area, so I'm wondering how the documents got lost when the house was'nt burnt down, nor any story of theft...

Baba wants to sell something that doesn't belongs to him...
Na Sure D. be that for am make it try if first and see where it would land am

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Yankee101: 2:18am On Dec 29, 2022
How do we confirm it's legally yours before they show you how?
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 2:21am On Dec 29, 2022
Yankee101:
How do we confirm it's legally yours before they show you how?
It's legal bro
Check this link for clarification
https://www.nairaland.com/7500606/lost-land-documents-how-retrieve
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by clockwisereport: 2:36am On Dec 29, 2022
That guy is a fraudster
JennyEva:

Sorry for your predicament dear, I pray you find kind hearted people here to assist you.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by LaconicINC: 2:55am On Dec 29, 2022
JennyEva:
OP maybe you should reconsider selling it. But don't leave it idle, build something on it to avoid any future mishaps.

Sorry for your predicament dear, I pray you find kind hearted people here to assist you.

You are a scammer! Why do you keep promoting this scam by quoting this post out of nowhere!
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Desusi: 3:14am On Dec 29, 2022
The process is clumsy, do you have money and time?
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 3:18am On Dec 29, 2022
Desusi:
The process is clumsy, do you have money and time?
Yes
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by bolademi(m): 3:54am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:
I lost my dad's land documents..and I want to sell it....how do retrieve it..
The land is registered..

If it is lagos go to alausa they can reprint for you but u will pay money
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 4:15am On Dec 29, 2022
bolademi:

If it is lagos go to alausa they can reprint for you but u will pay money
Abia
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by 123readygo: 4:20am On Dec 29, 2022
Contact me for professional advice
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Abia state

Oh,e far
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Abdulrasak4real: 4:36am On Dec 29, 2022
GO to and prepare a sworn affidavit that your land document is lost in either in transit, fire, or armed robber etc.and go straight to ministry of land in your state to get certified true copy of the document. Very easy within sevev days you get your documents back

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by doneback04: 4:52am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..

Will would send ur case to obi to varify because the story line is not clear
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:19am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..
How many siblings do you have. Are they aware of the fact that you want to sell it.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by DavidEsq(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Lol
Update: When my father was alive he collected 2m loan from a bank with his landed property and completed the loan and he wanted a bigger loan the bank told him they won't accept landed property for a bigger loan then he brought his 2 buildings for 20 million loan which the landed property wasn't included in the 20milliin loan...My Late father requested for the landed property from the bank they refused to give him the landed property documents.. And now he is dead..We are now finding a way to retrieve it and sell it..
Any guide??

But u said u lost the documents? Aren't they lost anymore? cool cool
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by dettolgel: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2022
chichriso:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKM60ihTRnk

If you are the one doing the voice over for the video, I think you need to improve on your communication skills.

I suggest you write down the statement you are going to say. Ask someone to proof read it for grammatical errors. Then practice speaking clearly when you are comfortable with your words then you can read it pronouncing the words clearly and correctly.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by omartins(m): 6:54am On Dec 29, 2022
Do an affidavit stating how it was lost then a publication in a national newspaper (this is where I comes in, check my signature).
If you wanted a sample, don't hesitate to reach out.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by aruzuoke(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2022
Freelane33:

[sup][/sup]q kiss kissFinalleeeeeeee
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

How many siblings do you have. Are they aware of the fact that you want to sell it.
Yes
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Desusi: 7:57am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Yes
OK, l will get back to you.keep in touch.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by ejimatic: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..
Go to the lawyer who made it for you. He has a copy!
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by shanaka4u(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2022
deavicky:
I don't know which state u are speaking from, but here In Rivers state It doesn't work like that. I'm even sure in lagos it doesn't work too. If not, how come the so call omo nile will sell one land to more that 3 persons.
If omo onile sell land to more than 3 persons, there is a legal process to be taken by each of the buyers such that they will all have either the land or the money paid for it. It is still a legal Advice that requires paying legal fees.
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by layzie: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Lol
Update: When my father was alive he collected 2m loan from a bank with his landed property and completed the loan and he wanted a bigger loan the bank told him they won't accept landed property for a bigger loan then he brought his 2 buildings for 20 million loan which the landed property wasn't included in the 20milliin loan...My Late father requested for the landed property from the bank they refused to give him the landed property documents.. And now he is dead..We are now finding a way to retrieve it and sell it..
Any guide??

U didn't lose it then, it's with the bank according to ur update

Write them officially with a lawyer to release the property to you.

But then, how will they know who to release to? Another of ur siblings can come up tomorrow requesting for same documents.

Are u a director in your dads company? How many other directors are there?

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2022
layzie:

U didn't lose it then, it's with the bank according to ur update

Write them officially with a lawyer to release the property to you.

But then, how will they know who to release to? Another of ur siblings can come up tomorrow requesting for same documents.

Are u a director in your dads company? How many other directors are there?
I am the first son and also one of the directors
Thanks for your sincere advice
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Lamasta(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

How many inheritance do you want to build on? So if your parents have 100 acres, it mandatory you have to build on it all!

What if area is not in vogue and homie wants an uplift?

Better erase that mentality!

Most of the real estate you cherish today will be disposed by your kids cos their taste will be on another level.

Some won’t even be claimed and who does not even know the owner of land will make use of it till eternity!

Between selling and building which one is better?
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Jeandewest(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2022
by post it here, you already loose the land.
someone here may know you an act smart to get that land from you.
if ur fathe have a Lawer you know, you should have contacted him before even coming here to ask for Help..
am sure Mr. Smart is here preparing the ducoment for that land to start claiming it...
i come in Peace...
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Papichulostunne(m): 9:31am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:
The land is registered..
U want to sell it behind your family abi? Thief
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Jeandewest(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2022
both, provided she/he have retrive the document... building on it is more dengerious den selling it. simpl becus, document has been missplaced
Lamasta:

Between selling and building which one is better?
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by oliseh99: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2022
Papichulostunne:

U want to sell it behind your family abi? Thief
Not everyone behaves like that

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by Samdeejay100(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Lol
Any guide??

If you by any way have any little proof, may be receipt or any picture, you can go to office of the surveyor general of your state and from there they can direct you...
Re: I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? by JesseThunder(m): 10:57am On Dec 29, 2022
oliseh99:

Na who buy this one go get the wahala later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / NIPCO Filling Station In Abuja Is Currently On Fire. See Photos / A Land Title: Excision What Does It Mean(MR LAWYER HELP US B4 WE ARE BEEN DUPED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.