Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? (1200 Views)

It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell? / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Some people claim to be wise and they throw a question thinking they are critically minded or intelligent but how they their form of thinking can be.
It is like people fearing to bear children cos the world is really getting worse

I fail to see how this contributes to the discussion in any way
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by RatCabbage: 8:38am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:

2. According to scripture, all those who are not of the blood of Israel were condemned to die from their beginning in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. So, they are free to imagine for themselves the "afterlife" they desire. undecided

I can understand where you get your analogy from, but with this, how can you then tell who and who isn't of the blood of Israel?
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2023
RatCabbage:
■ I can understand where you get your analogy from, but with this, how can you then tell who and who isn't of the blood of Israel?
1. Well, according to Jesus Christ, only those who are of the blood of Israel can make it through either the broad gate or narrow gates which lead into the Kingdom of God to become born again. And in order to know them, this is where it is important that one first be set free from slavery to sin in order to acquire the Holy Spirit of God who then serves as a guide to lead one directly to those who are of the blood. undecided
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by knowingChrist(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2023
Wilgrea7:
Apologies for the incredibly late response

Thank you for taking your time to respond. I'll try to address as many points as possible. If I miss something, feel free to draw my attention to it.

I agree that marriage is a human invention. But to say that sexual reproduction in and of itself, was not established by this "God" seems clearly untrue. The biblical story says Adam and Eve were created by God. And that includes their reproductive organs as well. To state that Adam established such reproduction instead of God simple doesn't hold. Even further, Adam is clearly instructed by said God to "go into the world and multiply".

While I find your answer interesting, it seems to clearly deviate from the topic at hand and talk about something else. I understand the Christian concept of being the spiritual child of God. But that isn't what this is about. This is about people who believe in hell and the words of christ concerning hell, and still choosing to bring more hell-bound people into the world.

You said people who have children aren't doing the work of God, but instead violating their own bodies. In that case, would you have children? Would you encourage other christians to become celibate?

The way to salvation has been clearly described by your Jesus as narrow. Meaning only very few will find it, and the majority will go to hell. So statistically speaking, even if every single person in the world were christian, and had children, the vast majority of those people, as well as their children would eventually end up in hell.

If such a thing is to be the case, then why not cut out the need for redemption altogether by not involving the unborn in the "sin" that comes along with birth?

Do you think go and multiply means having sex and having children? if that is the case, why's Jesus the the truth despite not having? Why did God said this is the one in whom I'm well pleased? Do you think he came into the world and multiplied even without having children?
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Gnosis777: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
Templee333:
hence the reason i choose to opt out of procreation. Even though i don't believe the fiery hell tales, this present world is the hell itself and i don't intend to bring more sufferers into it.

Wise choice, and I agree with all you wrote.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by jaephoenix(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Templee333:
please try to read and understand
That would be a stressful task on poor DTruthSpeaker's delicate brain. Have mercy
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by jaephoenix(m): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Bacteriologist:

I find this hard to believe. The Bible says god did not want man to be alone that's why he created a woman.

The institution of marriage is well advocated for many times in the bible. Particularly in the Old testament. And so is child bearing. "Go into the world and multiply."

Have you actually read the bible?
Guessing by his post, none
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Fredoh(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Yes! Except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - either through the broad gate which leads to destruction(Hell) at its end or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven)- Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. The Kingdom of God is a Nation not of this world over which Jesus Christ is King and judge- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - and it is in that Kingdom that you will find Heaven and Hell. undecided

2. According to scripture, all those who are not of the blood of Israel were condemned to die from their beginning in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. So, they are free to imagine for themselves the "afterlife" they desire. undecided

Never in my whole life did I ever come across Bible being interpreted this way!
Your post seem to suggest that those outside of the kingdom of God will simply cease to exist - to which many modern people will be grateful!

What it actually and obviously mean is that the entire humanity will be divided into two halves. Those who make it to God’s kingdom will enter heaven and those who don’t will enter hell.

Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Fredoh:
■ Never in my whole life did I ever come across Bible being interpreted this way!
■ Your post post seem to suggest that those outside of the kingdom of God will simply cease to exist - to which many modern people will be grateful!
■ What it actually and obviously mean is that the entire humanity will be divided into two halves. Those who make it to God’s kingdom will enter heaven and those who don’t will enter hell.
1. This isn't an interpretation but an as-is compilation of what is in fact written in the book.

2. It is as written in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 — from dust you were made and to dust you shall return — God's very own judgment against mankind after the fall of Adam for his refusal to believe in God. God never retracted that judgment and Jesus Christ also upheld it in John 3 vs 16 when He indicated that only those who believe in Him will not perish — cease to exist upon death. undecided

2. Not even that! For you see, Heaven and Hell both exist inside of the Kingdom of God, a Nation over which Jesus Christ is King - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. As as Jesus Christ made clear in John 3 vs 1 - 8, except a man is a born-again, He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. What that invariably means is that all those who will end up in either Heaven or HellFire, both of which are inside of the Kingdom of God, will be born-agains. So, unbelievers — those who aren't born again, cannot end up in HellFire. undecided

And to add to that, God also required that only those who are of the Lost sheep of Israel can partake in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 15 vs 22- 24 & Matthew 10 vs 5 - 6 & Matthew 7 vs 6 - meaning that if you are not descended by blood from Jacob, you cannot have a part in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So, rather than the two categories you listed, humanity is instead divided into about 2 — unbelievers/dogs— and God's Israel. After all, God did in fact state that His inheritance in the land of men is Israel. undecided
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Fredoh(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Wilgrea7:
Hello everyone,

So I've been thinking about something recently.

The idea behind the Abrahamic religions, is that we are sinners, and by virtue of that, deserve some sort of eternal punishment.

In the Christian religion, we're all born into sin. And even if we accept this Jesus character, we could still commit sin and end up in hell. What I'm basically saying is, it is incredibly more difficult to live a “holy" life, than it is to live a "sinful" one.

It is even further asserted by their Jesus, that "narrow is the way that leads to salvation, and only few find it", meaning most people alive would eventually end up in hell.

So if that's the case, then why would you choose to have children?

Why would you choose to bring more people into the world, knowing quite well, that they'd eventually that the vast majority of them would eventually end up in hell, at least according to your scripture?

If you truly believe in your scripture, then why would you knowing partake in something that would eventually lead to mass damnation?

I await some interesting answers

At OP, I’ve been having similar thought for sometime now. I told my colleagues, most people say the world is a horrible place. According to a research that about 83% of Americans are unhappy about their lives. With so much evil in this world! And to make matters worse most people will end up in hell based on the Traditional Doctrine of Hell (TDH) - the narrow and wide gate teaching. Even by examining the modern man, how many people actually obey God? Many people are actually hypothetical in nature. All these actually corroborates the fact that most People will end up in hell.
So I ask why have children?
To any child you birth that child has higher probability of ending up in hell not to talk of how crazy the world is.

Yet we can’t help but procreate!! Why?
Even the people that seem to agree with me can’t help but procreate!
They said, “How could you have existed if your mum and dad didn’t give birth to you?”

I guess the answer is that every living thing is/has a seed to which there’s a life force that needs to propagate or replicate itself.

And that I believe was gotten from “be fruitful and multiply” as against what @knowingchrist said earlier which was presented respectively but I disagree with some things therein!

Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
Fredoh:
■ At OP, I’ve been having similar thought for sometime now. I told my colleagues, most people say the world is a horrible place. According to a research that about 83% of Americans are unhappy about their lives. With so much evil in this world! And to make matters worse most people will end up in hell based on the Traditional Doctrine of Hell (TDH) - the narrow and wide gate teaching. Even by examining the modern man, how many people actually obeys God? Many people are actually hypothetical in nature. All these actually corroborates the fact that most People will end up in hell. So I ask why have children? To any child you birth that child has higher probability of ending up in hell not to talk of the how crazy the world is.
■ Yet we can’t help but procreate!! Why? Even the people that seem to agree with me can’t help but procreate! They said, “How could you have existed if your mum and dad didn’t give birth to you?”
■ I guess the answer is that every living thing is/has a seed to which there’s a life force that needs to propagate or replicate itself.
■ And that I believe was gotten from “be fruitful and multiply” as against what @knowingchrist said earlier which was presented respectively but I disagree with some things therein!
1. According to Jesus Christ, you first must be born-again before you can end up in Hellfire. Another way to process it all is this. According to Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, Man was not created an eternal being from his beginning. So, Man has to obtain eternal life from somewhere in order for man to continue to exist even after death. That somewhere is Jesus Christ, and only those who believe(and are born-again) can have eternal life which they can then spend in either Heaven(eternal reward) or Hellfire(eternal damnation). undecided

2. Ofcourse we can help ourselves! There are many people out there who chose not to procreate and they are humans. And it isn't like individuals choose to procreate in order to meet some set demand or requirement, so? undecided

3. That answer makes no sense of any kind abeg!

4. So are you insisting then that people procreate in obedience to God then? God is to blame? undecided
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

That would be a stressful task on poor DTruthSpeaker's delicate brain. Have mercy

Says a complete morôn.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by jaephoenix(m): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says a complete morôn.
Lawag3
Re: If You Don't Want People To Go To Hell, Then Why Have Children? by jaephoenix(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says a complete morôn.
I'm pleading on your behalf, sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. / Is Speaking In Tongues Learnt Or Divine ? / Are The Israelis We See Today True Descendants Of The Jews In The Bible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.