Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

I Want To Travel Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Travel Out (2091 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
Good day friends..
Please your suggesting and advice is highly welcomed.

My dad invited me to his place 2days back, the topic of discussion was I should find out and make arrangement of how I can travel out of the country to UK preferably and hussle/ work instead of riding okada here since no job is forthcoming after my service, he is willing to sell his plots of land to support me, the ball is now in my court.. I read agricultural and bioresource engineering.
Dear friends am confused as I don't even know where to start from, am 33yrs. I asked a friend he suggested I should ist secure admission there ist, but am not going there for schooling cos I don't think the funds to finance it is available for now.
NB: accomodation is not a problem, we have people willing to accomodate me there.

Pls your suggestions are welcomed

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I Want To Travel Out by AdamuKD: 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2022
Niger don cast
If you have the means, run for your dear life without looking back
Remember, do it legitimately!!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Travel Out by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
Na wa o what a shithole country. Agricultural engineering graduate driving okada due to no job.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Travel Out by HRprof: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
AdamuKD:
Niger don cast
If you have the means, run for your dear life without looking back
Remember, do it legitimately!!
You should first run before advising anyone to follow suit
Re: I Want To Travel Out by OAOA: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
Good that you've decided to make plans for greener pastures. Another thing you have in your favour is the backing of your parent (dad) for finance and people willing to accommodate for accommodation.

I'd advise you to note the location of your proposed accommodations and look at schools around there then check the one with cheaper fee and a course you'd easily pass since you ain't really key into the academics.

Best of luck
Re: I Want To Travel Out by AdamuKD: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
HRprof:

You should first run before advising anyone to follow suit
You are senseless
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
Commit a crime on a UK citizen in Nigeria and watch how they'll extradite you to UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:
Good day friends..

My dad invited me to his place 2days back, the topic of discussion was I should find out and make arrangement of how I can travel out of the country to UK preferably and hussle/ work instead of riding okada here since no job is forthcoming after my service, he is willing to sell his plots of land to support me, the ball is now in my court.. I read agricultural and bioresource engineering.
Dear friends am confused as I don't even know where to start from, am 33yrs. I asked a friend he suggested I should ist secure admission there ist, but am not going there for schooling cos I don't think the funds to finance it is available for now.
NB: accomodation is not a problem, we have people willing to accomodate me there.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
you have no work experience so you cant get work visa. doctors, nurse, auditor or tech people are the ones getting work visa. You also cant get visit visa to go work illegally based on finances and home times . So the bitter truth is you have no pathway to uk except for student visa or marriage to someone in uk already.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel Out by kelmicheal: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:
Good day friends..

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

You said you have people to accomodate you over there then the same people can help you to facilitate your travelling arrangements
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
kelmicheal:

You said you have people to accomodate you over there then the same people can help you to facilitate your travelling arrangements
I will apply for international passport early January.. I just don't want to be scammed hence the reason I wanted to hear you guys opinion
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
you have no work experience so you cant get work visa. doctors, nurse, auditor or tech people are the ones getting work visa. You also cant get visit visa to go work illegally based on finances and home times . So the bitter truth is you have no pathway to uk except for student visa or marriage to someone in uk already.
That's what am talking about, I told my dad but he is hell-bent on me going.. am just confused. Though I learnt bricklaying, is that not a skill too?
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
As for student visa, can I school n work? Will the money realized take care of my tuition fee?
Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

As for student visa, can I school n work? Will the money realized take care of my tuition fee?
you have just 20 hours a weeks to work. You wont be able to make your school fees just rent , feeding and transport. If you over work they will catch you when you are applying for post study visa or work permit. Then you will land back in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

That's what am talking about, I told my dad but he is hell-bent on me going.. am just confused. Though I learnt bricklaying, is that not a skill too?
uk bricklaying and Nigerian bricklaying no be same. No uk company will hire a bricklayer directly from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel Out by kelmicheal: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

I will apply for international passport early January.. I just don't want to be scammed hence the reason I wanted to hear you guys opinion

If the person is a family members or relatives why will they scam you?

Okay It's good to seek advice here in these forum but you need to be cautious and don't fall for scam
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
you have just 20 hours a weeks to work. You wont be able to make your school fees just rent , feeding and transport. If you over work they will catch you when you are applying for post study visa or work permit. Then you will land back in Nigeria
Thanks bro, but sir isn't there any other European country that I can still apply for and work
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
kelmicheal:

If the person is a family members or relatives why will they scam you?

Okay It's good to seek advice here in these forum but you need to be cautious and don't fall for scam
We are not related by blood just church member here b4 they travelled, it was their mom that encouraged my parents to look for the money n send one of us out

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

Thanks bro, but sir isn't there any other European country that I can still apply for and work
even if there is . Why would any company want to bringing someone with no work experience
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
even if there is . Why would any company want to bringing someone with no work experience
Are there not casual jobs there, I know of someone then in France, they said he washes dishes at a restaurant and he makes close to 200 euros.. he his married now, built his own house here in Nigeria with other investments
Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

Are there not casual jobs there, I know of someone then in France, they said he washes dishes at a restaurant and he makes close to 200 euros.. he his married now, built his own house here in Nigeria with other investments
why not ask him how he got there Maybe you can try libya route undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
why not ask him how he got there Maybe you can try libya route undecided
Lol. I don't know how but he has an elder sister living there for years
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Munamoqel: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:

Bike work don tire person my brother.
I read agricultural engineering.
Going in to agriculture proper is capital intensive and the probability of returns is 50/50.
I had wanted to go into foodstuff business but na lady work and am not married yet I would have established my wife hence the Yankee option my dad brought.
Since he's ready to finance it, I see no reason why I shouldn't be interested, person know no where his breakthrough lies
notting like woman work change you mindsets! Washing plates abroad no be woman work ? I hectre produce 60 bag of 100kg of rice paddy x23k .the investment no pass the okada money 250 k yeild 1.3m ... Abi japa virus don catch you .Africans dey roast corn for France and sleep for pako

1 Like

Re: I Want To Travel Out by Drsnives(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
notting like woman work change you mindsets! Washing plates abroad no be woman work ? I hectre produce 60 bag of 100kg of rice paddy x23k .the investment no pass the okada money 250 k yeild 1.3m ... Abi japa virus don catch you .Africans dey roast corn for France and sleep for pako
Honestly am confused
Re: I Want To Travel Out by staga: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
Drsnives:
Good day friends..

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

You are travelling to UK....on which visa please? You think you can just enter the UK and start hustling?
Re: I Want To Travel Out by staga: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Na wa o what a shithole country. Agricultural engineering graduate driving okada due to no job.

An agric engineer is not supposed to be a job seeker but an innovator and a creator. He needs to look up an illiterate Indian farmer Mansukhbhai Jagani who converts motorcycles to tractors. The man has won multiple global awards for his work. E no go school, but he has changed the farming ecosystem in India and around Asia forever.

This one here is not willing to apply his brain. It is to look for a non-existent pathway to UK.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Travel Out by Mille: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2022
Munamoqel:

You have spoken the truth. Japa if you wan japa. Freedom of movement is a human right. It annoys me when they started making some unnecessary excuse.

Agric student that doesn't know he can double his investments in most Agricultural enterprises in two months. Even if you don't want to get involved in farming or manufacturing, people make a killing in the distribution side, from egg distribution to pkc to cassava.
Re: I Want To Travel Out by emmaodet: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:

Na wa oooooooooo
Re: I Want To Travel Out by Munamoqel: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
Mille:

You have spoken the truth. Japa if you wan japa. Freedom of movement is a human right. It annoys me when they started making some unnecessary excuse.

Agric student that doesn't know he can double his investments in most Agricultural enterprises in two months. Even if you don't want to get involved in farming or manufacturing, people make a killing in the distribution side, from egg distribution to pkc to cassava.

Agric engineer should.be talking of processing plant
Re: I Want To Travel Out by sotall(m): 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2022
All of you talking about using what he learnt in school; have you forgotten Nigeria education system is La cram, La pour.

A lecture comes to class with a prepared note which he has been using since 10 years, no update, nothing.

All the student needs to do is memorize and pass.

It is practically impossible to turn such knowledge with no practical into results.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Travel Out by ednut1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
emmaodet:

Na wa oooooooooo
yes some have done it, many tried and got caught or even failed their studies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels Nigeriana: A Nigerian Online Hotel Booking Service / Best Countries In Europe To Visit? / Travelling Abroad: Study In The USA On Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.