Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,056 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? (3236 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / How Do I Live Forever {photo Strips} / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by akwesenana: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
brightmorningst:
i no fit get carry over
Your mind go dey just now. grin
You sound like a fresher.
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by JohnnA1: 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
othermen:
Age is not always an evidence of maturity. Don’t be too bothered about such. If you find the boy offensive, avoid encounters with him. Same with the girl.

This does not mean that you should be arrogant or you ignore either of them, if they reach out. Don’t go about becoming bitter and angry. You would figure your own circle, they can be young, yet respectful and cordial.

If you carry yourself in a dignified manner, you can become so much more to this young boys. It is you that have to improve your absorber in how such interactions offend you. If you want respect anywhere, earn it. But the way to earn it, is not by alienating yourself, or by coercing fear. It’s by being responsible, by being cordial. Spend more time developing yourself. Studying and praying.
Hmm, well said bro.
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by Maravilla: 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
Common 24yo, I'm 29 currently in 200L for my second degree, almost all my colleagues na U20, but I dey flow with most of them, some sef dey help me run one or two. Bros na uni you dey o, nothing like senior, nor go isolate yourself, otherwise you go just fail
brightmorningst:

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by Idonweak: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
Maravilla:
Common 24yo, I'm 29 currently in 200L for my second degree, almost all my colleagues na U20, but I dey flow with most of them, some sef dey help me run one or two. Bros na uni you dey o, nothing like senior, nor go isolate yourself, otherwise you go just fail

You na confam nigga
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by Caleb15(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
24*25*26*27*28*29* carry over
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by jumper524(m): 1:46am On Dec 17, 2022
brightmorningst:
please I need wisdom..

i have a young boy of probably 17 years in my hostel,when he sees me he greets me but all of a sudden,i notice he starts relating with me like I'm his mate,he speaks yoruba i was shocked...this is a boy i my younger brother senior with aleast four years.
i wanted to warn him not to be talking to me anyhow,but i realize we are in the university,make he no go tell him roommate,then all of them conspire and start disrespecting me more.

a girl too spoke to me like I'm of same age group with her,.. how do i relate with this people.?

as a result i only greet em with my head, and i talk when i wanna ask for directions or something but i don't make friends with nobody.

please teach me how to live among this disrespectful young people.
you speak very less often, you'll be respected.
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by faceland: 1:47am On Dec 17, 2022
I assume you are Yoruba so seniority is taken serious based on culture (please it is not an insult, I know we are on Nairaland and it can be interpreted wrongly).

Go off campus or change room with your mate that is not a cultist (don't jump from frypan to fire).

A time would come that they would not sweep and you can't beat them or they expel you. The only advantage is all these 16 and 17 years old are usually computer wizard that are happy to do things for you FREE of charge.

Find a place, put matrass on the ground, small, small you would buy everything in one year.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2022
otipoju:
Back then in one bank and multinational telecomms company in Lagos,company culture was to call EVERY ONE by name. Nothing like Sir or Ma were strictly forbidden.

The CEO, Directors,all Managers, Supervisors and Team Leads na Andy, Mukhtar, Akin, Chima,Modupe Moshood we dey call ourselves.

It helped transparency and broke down barriers in communication. In the US my landlord was around 56 and I was in my 30's . He felt very very offended and told me to stop calling him Sir. Na so I begin call elderly man Wilbur and him wife Debby.

Adjust and get used to it. it will be for your own benefit if you want to play and thrive in a global corporate environment.

But within family settings, I no like am at all. Your elder na your elder. Like my woman's younger sisters that I senior with 10- 15 years calling me by name because we dey America. I thank God sey my children don dey talk. They will get the same treatment from my kids Insha Allah. Then I will remind them and their parents that " We are in America."

Great advice but
Don't reward evil with evil
Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by grandstar(m): 8:38am On Dec 17, 2022
brightmorningst:
please I need wisdom..

i have a young boy of probably 17 years in my hostel,when he sees me he greets me but all of a sudden,i notice he starts relating with me like I'm his mate,he speaks yoruba i was shocked...this is a boy i my younger brother senior with aleast four years.
i wanted to warn him not to be talking to me anyhow,but i realize we are in the university,make he no go tell him roommate,then all of them conspire and start disrespecting me more.

a girl too spoke to me like I'm of same age group with her,.. how do i relate with this people.?

as a result i only greet em with my head, and i talk when i wanna ask for directions or something but i don't make friends with nobody.

please teach me how to live among this disrespectful young people.

Welcome to the university. They will call you by first name basis. If you don't like that, better pack your load back to secondary school and become headboy again.

Don't worry, after graduating many years down the line, some or a lot of the respect you now seek will be bestowed on you.

It will also prepare you for the corporate world. Don't be surprised many of your office superiors will be younger than you, especially considering you're a late bloomer.

Focus on your studies abeg.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by Ay04z(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2022
If u re very jovial person. Just forget abt diz matter..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Live Among This Children In The University?? by dejonathan(f): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2022
otipoju:
Back then in one bank and multinational telecomms company in Lagos,company culture was to call EVERY ONE by name. Nothing like Sir or Ma were strictly forbidden.

The CEO, Directors,all Managers, Supervisors and Team Leads na Andy, Mukhtar, Akin, Chima,Modupe Moshood we dey call ourselves.

It helped transparency and broke down barriers in communication. In the US my landlord was around 56 and I was in my 30's . He felt very very offended and told me to stop calling him Sir. Na so I begin call elderly man Wilbur and him wife Debby.

Adjust and get used to it. it will be for your own benefit if you want to play and thrive in a global corporate environment.

But within family settings, I no like am at all. Your elder na your elder. Like my woman's younger sisters that I senior with 10- 15 years calling me by name because we dey America. I thank God sey my children don dey talk. They will get the same treatment from my kids Insha Allah. Then I will remind them and their parents that " We are in America."
Please make sure your children call them by name too..
I dey like that kind vendetta

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: 4 Public Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendars In Nigeria / 2017 JAMB UTME CBT Practice Software [free Download] / Nigerian Girl Named Fareedah Oyolola Emerges As The World Brightest Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.