Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists (24074 Views)

Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by ijustdey: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Twitter Inc.’s live audio service, Twitter Spaces, is down after a number of journalists that had just been suspended from the social network found they could still participate in it.

Twitter owner Elon Musk said late Thursday night that the company was fixing an old bug and the audio service “should be working tomorrow.”

Earlier in the evening, Musk’s network threw reporters from CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times, among others, into a seven-day suspension for allegedly disclosing the location of his private jet.

BuzzFeed News reporter Katie Notopoulos went live on Twitter Spaces to discuss the abrupt spate of bans — which came without communication to either the journalists or their publications — and was joined by Drew Harwell of the Washington Post and Matt Binder of Mashable, two of the suspended reporters.

Their tweets were no longer visible and they could not post new ones, however, they were still allowed to speak on the Spaces service.

Musk dropped in on the session as well, after it accumulated thousands of listeners, to say tersely that anyone who doxxes — gives personal location information about another person — will be suspended.

The journalists countered that they had not posted any real-time flight data, as he alleged, but by then the billionaire had quit the call. The dialogue drew more than 40,000 listeners at its peak.

Twitter Spaces went down while Notopoulos’ session was still ongoing, disconnecting everyone, she said in a later tweet. No recording or information about that session is available on Twitter now.

https://dailytrust.com/elon-musk-disables-twitter-spaces-after-clash-with-journalists/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by BATified2023: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
A
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Sirseedorf(m): 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
Elon musk na no nonsense billionaire you do anyhow, you go collect anyhow, as his employees just follow his rules and regulations hence you are going to the firing line.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Amuluonyenaego: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
Elon the vawulence headmaster grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Winner404: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
Elon the new Putin

23 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
All supporters of evil and immorality who fought Donald Trump must be severely dealt with like the fools they are.

Anyway, sane Nigerians have rejected Gbola Thiefnubuu, the demented Iragbiji drug criminal.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by TNGC: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
The weird scientist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Elon and ego!

Dude drowning his businesses with ego!

Dude just been making shareholder's cry in last 1 month

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by jaxxy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Good. Journalist doxxing his location causing him and his family a security risk should be suspended and called to order.

U don't track sm1s location indiscriminately just cos ure a Journalist. There should be responsible media from practitioners.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Mas288: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hello,

If you need any website be it, investment website, business web development, blog. Website services, School website, Instant messaging Apps, Web Apps, Google Adsense Account Approval... Contact me to get it here.

I develop website that suit your needs, different layout, mobile and website responsive with Live chat systems integration..

Contact me for further discussion.

Available 24/7 to attend to your request..

WhatsApp / Telegram

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Felabrity: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
This is the free speech Elon musk was talking about

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by tk4radi: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Draconian..
Authoritarian..
Dictatorship..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by 9jvirgin(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
No sensible human supports Trump, check out Kanye and the likes, they’re psycho sick individuals.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
I no dey use am. So I care less... undecided
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
Confused man
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Ologundudu2020: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
Lol
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Moh247: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
cool

Musk should slow down

You can't fight bullies by being a bully

7 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by assholemods: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
Winner404:
Elon the new Putin
The guy wicked nor be here.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Abokidigittal: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
I post sense
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
If no be Nigeria. I swear if we start this life again and I was born in USA I will be richer than this Elon musk undecided undecided. Nigeria I hate you cry

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by inoki247: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
lol Freedom of speech dey until dem carry d freedom Come ur side na den u go know say some freedom needs to be caged....

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by etrouble: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Okay nah. The Poor always hate the Rich. I still don't know why. Wretched journalists against World's Richest Man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Fuckingmallam45(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
grin What Musk is doing at Twitter is fascinating. I feel bad for the employees. I don’t deny Musk’s brilliance. I doubt his capacity at self reflection and empathy. He’s not a good leader and he’s attracted a cult following of fanboys that shock me in their obsession with him. Whatever. It’s fascinating.

I don’t think it’s going to work out for Musk. I am incapable of predicting anything. It just seems like Musk and Twitter are collapsing. Musk won’t ever accept that he’s wrong. This is the problem with people like him or Trump or Putin (& their apologists). They are so desperate to look right that they forgot how you just be right.

A hunch? (Someone call me on this!) Musk is going to let Twitter collapse then rebuild it. It’ll end up being “offline” for several weeks to months before it relaunches.

13 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by SmartyPants(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Doxxing is wrong and journalists should know much better.

7 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Okay
Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by Ballzproblem2: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
said it was a bug should be up nowz,the agenda agenda against musk is strong

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists by etrouble: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
Winner404:
Elon the new Putin

Why are they monitoring his private life? Not everyone's life is worthless like yours

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? / UK Residents Can Buy MTN Recharge Cards & Send to Nigeria / How To Enable Double Tap Wake Up For All Android Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.