Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor (11487 Views)

How Oshiomhole Incurred Tinubu’s Wrath Over Ajimobi’s Nomination / APC Rally: How Oshiomhole Was Humbled In Edo / How Oshiomhole Betrayed Oyegun And Tinubu – Fayose (DETAILS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Devil1Messenger: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
olumide4christ:
Oshiomhole is still the best democratically elected governor Edo state has ever had.

He is the governor who revived and transformed the infrastructure of Edo state after Lucky Igbinedion abandoned governance in the state for many years, claiming that it was the godfathers in the state who were taking the allocation of the state.

Having grown up in the then Bendel state and later Edo state, lived in Benin for 11 years before moving to Lagos with my parents in 1992, it was so appalling when I returned to Benin in 2008 during Lucky Igbinedion's tenure for project work, and I found many roads like Ihama road, GRA completely impassable.

Fast forward to 2010/2011 during Oshiomhole administration when I came to Benin again for a project (Guaranty Trust Bank, Sapele road branch), I saw new roads, green-colored BRT type buses, etc.

Oshiomhole really tried compared to his predecessors and successors...give it to him. Like I told my wife recently, on the average, APC/ACN governors are more project-minded than PDP governors. The only PDP governor that has impressed me in terms of projects is Emperor Wike cheesy cheesy

So which infrastructure him build?
Una can lie
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Osanoghodua1: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
Oshiomhole is best Democratic governor of Edo state. He built roads and university. He renovated primary schools. Obaseki is just too Wicked and Oshiomhole brought him upon Edo. Oshiomhole will win Senate with a landslide margin. PDP candidate should go and hide.

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Upton: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
How convenient is it that people not from Edo are telling us he is the best governor we’ve ever had. It’s nobody’s fault though, we’ve been unlucky with governors since 1999, that’s why some people are celebrating mediocrity.
okeyumez:
Adams remains the best governor. Only the Gullible people of Edo voted for Obaseki out of emotions. Today majority are regretting

How? Was it not Oshiomhole that foisted Obaseki on us when we wanted Ize Iyamu? We overwhelmingly wanted Ize Iyamu in 2016. Only for Oshio to back Ize Iyamu when he fell out with Obaseki. You are the gullible one. We didn’t vote Obaseki out of emotions. We voted him because we will not let one man decide he future of a state for his personal reasons.
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by DMerciful(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
Where is this sudden Oshiomhole this Oshiomhole that coming from?

Propaganda nachinery activated
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Devil1Messenger: 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
okeyumez:
Adams remains the best governor. Only the Gullible people of Edo voted for Obaseki out of emotions. Today majority are regretting
Regretting?
I dont get
Was it not the same oshiomole that forced Obaseki on us for the first 4yrs?
Una go just dey talk rubbish. Dey put mouth for wetin una know nothing about.
Do u even know who ize iyamu(the APC candidate) is? Someone that was SSG to lucky igbinedion administration that destroyed Edo state.
Even When Edo people rejected Obaseki and demanded for oshiomole deputy(pius odubu), same oshiomole told us obaseki is the best. That Obaseki is the only one he can trust. That he brought obaseki from lagos and that Obaseki was responsible for his own success as a gov. He forced him us. Just becos Obaseki refused to do his bidding, he started fighting him with federal power because say him na APC chairman. And for Edo, we hate oppression, we nor dey use ear or eyes see oppression. We dey fight am with our all.
So nor dey talk rubbish for wat u know nothing about
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by foxxydude: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:
Nigerians forget too easily. No be this governor tell one woman 'Go and die'?

You forgot to add the part that he employed and her made her his personal assistant grin

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Superwave16320: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
Mantra u are so right but truth Ipob not to call Pandora fool out but see how their tongue is waging over Oshomole that did more for his people
mantrgoon:
Same way the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi declared education is not for the poor
jmoore post=119204538:

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Josh109: 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
Reinaldo:
Lol...we have had such terrible leadership in Nigeria that people now celebrate normal things. No wonder we still have people supporting Tinubu
so Obi or Atiku did extraordinary things....foolish idiot

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by RAND250: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Nobody forgot.
The OP is just fooling himself.
Nobody rate Oshiomole in Edo again.
He messed himself up by romancing with Tinubu.
Tinubu and APC are forever hated in Edo

Yet APC won Edo north last election

Continue

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Pentofriend: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
Odumoye:

Wetin 2k wan do u.Oya confess, you wan use am carry 2 odds for sporty abi?
I swear I no carry any odd... I no get any money
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Pentofriend: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
MrBanner:

Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala mukina2 rocktation justwise oam4j nlfpmod
As you de call them to ban me.. I no get any money for pocket na the truth and God know say I no de lie
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Pentofriend: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
Odumoye:

Wetin 2k wan do u.Oya confess, you wan use am carry 2 odds for sporty abi?
I swear plenty wey 2k go do for me... Tomorrow na another day
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Kajiang02(m): 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
olumide4christ:
Oshiomhole is still the best democratically elected governor Edo state has ever had.

He is the governor who revived and transformed the infrastructure of Edo state after Lucky Igbinedion abandoned governance in the state for many years, claiming that it was the godfathers in the state who were taking the allocation of the state.

Having grown up in the then Bendel state and later Edo state, lived in Benin for 11 years before moving to Lagos with my parents in 1992, it was so appalling when I returned to Benin in 2008 during Lucky Igbinedion's tenure for project work, and I found many roads like Ihama road, GRA completely impassable.

Fast forward to 2010/2011 during Oshiomhole administration when I came to Benin again for a project (Guaranty Trust Bank, Sapele road branch), I saw new roads, green-colored BRT type buses, etc.

Oshiomhole really tried compared to his predecessors and successors...give it to him. Like I told my wife recently, on the average, APC/ACN governors are more project-minded than PDP governors. The only PDP governor that has impressed me in terms of projects is Emperor Wike cheesy cheesy

Take it easy, how did you meet Lucky Igbinedion as Governor in 2008?
Calm down chief.
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Treadway: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
oikirodah:

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the Chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/the-voice-of-the-people-man-recants-how-oshiomhole-gave-them-access-to-road-in-emu-community/

Source iReporteronline.

my thoughts are plenty. Let's start with and focus on the redundant hypocrisy of the APC led govt that is hyping Adams Oshiomole at this time, but spreading shitty talks about PO saying Anambra state had a poverty level of 67%, whilst the same Oshiomole in this article was at the same time gov of Edo state with poverty levels of 72%. No be ment be that

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Echoban: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
olumide4christ:

U can say that again. Let's forget sentiments o. Look at the likes of Ganduje, Zulum, SanwoOlu, El Rufai , Umahi, Oshiomole, Aregebesola, and d likes...

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by honour7: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:

You must understand the context in which he told the woman go and die. Though not a good one which he has since apologised for and even gave the woman up to one million Naira for her to open a shop.

The woman was shading her wears stubbornly on the walkway of a newly built road after they have been driven previously, this was illegal and he the governor just happen to be inspecting the finished work on the road and he met the woman asking her why are you shading on the road, don’t you know it’s illegal and the woman was saying she is a widow that was why she was engaging in illegal trading that was what necessitated the statement ‘Go and Die’ out of anger, at least that was just a genuine reaction
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:
Yes he did!

But d truth remains that he outperformed aaaaaalll other governor's in d con3 given d state of resources available to him.

I don't support APC, but Oshiobaba stands out!
cool

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by nesphil(m): 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
Story for the gods.

Is there any Governor that hasn't built roads in this country?

So what's special about Osho?

oikirodah:

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the Chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/the-voice-of-the-people-man-recants-how-oshiomhole-gave-them-access-to-road-in-emu-community/

Source iReporteronline.

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Odibembem: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:

We Edos love him nonetheless, he is our pride. He addressed that woman in a fit of anger cos she was selling on the walkway but he apologized to her, invited her and her son for breakfast at govt house and gave her a job as an assistant. As usual some of you are only attude to the sad side, the joyful ending is a stab and sorrow to your heart. Change for good!

5 Likes

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Bimpe29: 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Osh baba tried his best
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Asstrax: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
Poverty nor dey tire ona...

I was in Edo State recently, their past and current governors are wicked human beings with no conscience. The state is messed up with bad roads, undeveloped places and old structures
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Pablojoker12(m): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
Op. I'm from emu village, esan South East LGA Edo state. when the Rd was under construction gov. Adams came with bike more than twice very early in the morning to inspect the Rd himself, during the first visit he arrived early b4 the workers and scolded them. After that they became more active during the construction.. Gov. Adam still remains the best governor edo state have had.

Even in Benin Rd like Dawson, akpakpava, upper mission extension, 2nd east circular, ihama, airport Rd, sakponba Rd, forestry, mission Rd, he did all, including red roof schools.

Growing up as a secondary school student I benefit from gov Adams tenure, free transportation etc

4 Likes

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Tareq1105: 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:

Yes, he said so out of frustration bcoz he built market and there was nobody there rather they were selling on the road. Very unfortunate for you, you only talked about him telling the woman to go and die but the mischief in you would not make you to add that Baba Oshomhole later apologized to the woman and compensated her. Be fair, God is watching you. Say things as they are, nobody is going to chastise you.

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Odumoye(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2022
Pentofriend:

I swear I no carry any odd... I no get any money
Wetin u wan come do bayi
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Tareq1105: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Regretting?
I dont get
Was it not the same oshiomole that forced Obaseki on us for the first 4yrs?
Una go just dey talk rubbish. Dey put mouth for wetin una know nothing about.
Do u even know who ize iyamu(the APC candidate) is? Someone that was SSG to lucky igbinedion administration that destroyed Edo state.
Even When Edo people rejected Obaseki and demanded for oshiomole deputy(pius odubu), same oshiomole told us obaseki is the best. That Obaseki is the only one he can trust. That he brought obaseki from lagos and that Obaseki was responsible for his own success as a gov. He forced him us. Just becos Obaseki refused to do his bidding, he started fighting him with federal power because say him na APC chairman. And for Edo, we hate oppression, we nor dey use ear or eyes see oppression. We dey fight am with our all.
So nor dey talk rubbish for wat u know nothing about

What has forcing Obaseki on you got to do with his achievement as governor?
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Tareq1105: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2022
Osanoghodua1:
Oshiomhole is best Democratic governor of Edo state. He built roads and university. He renovated primary schools. Obaseki is just too Wicked and Oshiomhole brought him upon Edo. Oshiomhole will win Senate with a landslide margin. PDP candidate should go and hide.

I'm not from Edo but a colleague in the office who's from there told me that Baba Oshomhole would deliver Edo North for APC.

1 Like

Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by Abujaexpress: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
jmoore:
And he apologized and later embraced the woman, and the woman forgave and became Oshiomole's friend. If you have not offended anyone or made a mistake in your life, then keep pointing out just a mistake of a mortal body like Oshiomole.
...make una leave am for us. We love him so much
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by adekolaelect(m): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Nobody forgot.
The OP is just fooling himself.
Nobody rate Oshiomole in Edo again.
He messed himself up by romancing with Tinubu.
Tinubu and APC are forever hated in Edo
Oga take you bigot and hatred away . How is Oshiomole supporting Tinubu negate his excellences performance as governor ? Your heart that full of hatred had plind your inner sense of reasoning . Then Tinubu will later become president pls don't wast your family's Energy and reassure spent on you by committing Suicide just because of hatred that always provide nothing for you than Bitterness and sadness.
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by kunlegboye(m): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2022
I remember then when I gained admission to uniben in the era of Igbinedon, Bennin was a terrible place!...Bennin was a frustrating place,rain must not fall oo, Oshiomole transformed that place,he gave Bennin the infrastructures that would make you ask if this is Bennin I used to know.That man tried ooo!
Re: Man Speaks On How Oshiomhole Gave Them Access To Roads As Governor by southsouthking(m): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
olumide4christ:

Baba stop to dey deceive yourself, I'm not from Akwa Ibom, but Govern Udom in terms of impression supercedes Oshiomole and wike combined together.
That been said, Oshiomole is yet to account for the 30billion World bank Edo Gully erosion funds.
Wonder why Oshiomole became so rich all of a sudden?
As soon as Obaseki finishes his tenure, we'll ask him what happened to the derivation funds.
Edo nor be Lagos.
So many questions left unanswered.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opinion: APC Is Nigeria’s Number One Problem - Oyewole Michael / Tension As PDP, APC Disagree On Security On Warri Waterways / Boko Haram Kill 29 Villagers. Burn 200 Homes In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.