Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion (7416 Views)

Delta: Okowa Signs ₦‎71 Billion Supplementary Appropriation Bill / Budget Deficits Not Necessarily Bad – Tinubu Reacts To 2023 Appropriation / Faleke Wears Tinubu's Signature Cap As Buhari Signs 2023 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by caracas: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheChameleon:

Oh? You got bananas. Great. Share with your roommate. grin
Dry dry dry dry……
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by omonnakoda: 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
traihit:
The state should be competing with Lagos in terms of projects going by that humongous budget.

It is not humongous. It is less than $1 billion. Yes we do not spend dollars in Nigeria but we import a lot of stuff required for development

Just 2nd NIger bridge is 300 billion plus
The budget suggests the state has low IGR
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by ICEWIN: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2022
HALF A BILLION? NO NAAH. RECURRENT EXPENDITURE TOOK 68% YET MOST YOUTH ARE JOBLESS IN THE STATE
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by TheChameleon: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2022
caracas:

Dry dry dry dry……

Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by ModCaller: 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
Lintle:
Campaign money

I do pray God touches someone's heart to help you

Scam
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by Killermamba: 3:31am On Dec 17, 2022
comrodioodio001:
Okowa signs 2023 Appropriation Bill of N571.6bn

https://businessday.ng/amp/news/article/okowa-signs-2023-appropriation-bill-of-n571-64bn/

Useless people, with all these money yet delta state be like kitchen?
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by Dilimi: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2022
My able Governor. You have done well and I'm sure you will finish strong with your many projects on ground. That's for empowering my siblings in your skill Acquisition program.
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by Kennywills7(m): 7:50am On Dec 17, 2022
In as much as we want to criticize people, it must be noted that okowa has touched d lives of many youths through entrepreneur and subsequent empowerment of the trainees by providing them with equipments needed and even money to set up
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by SocialJustice: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2022
sapele914:
I’m sure they will disperse the budget money immediately for campaign matters, Atiku is waiting for alert.
Before nko? Atiku no get shame.
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by SocialJustice: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2022
kansoboy:
. Oga add + keke
grin
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by Tycyborg(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2022
Lintle:
Campaign money

I do pray God touches someone's heart to help you

You are not wise to see a scammer. You haven't eaten but you have money to buy data for social media. You haven't eaten but you still have an Android phone... Why not sell the phone and buy a smaller one for calls only survival is the key to live but if the phone and data matter most then that person is a scammer... Then if you can't do that then you are really not hungry... Don't let people scam you of your money be wise
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by saintruky(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2022
SocialJustice:
Useless man, nothing to show in Delta state. Yahoo and hook ups are the biggest employers of Deltans.

U forgot to add keke... Most useless governor of delta thus far

1 Like

Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by udemzeus(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
codemaniacs:

what will happen to monthly salaries of civil servants since you'll allocate all the money to 21 LGAs

you'll see government budget and don't even know that it will be mostly spent on paying salaries and pensions of state government employees called civil servants that are currently working and pensions for those that have retired.. even the governor also has to pay himself, his deputy, state senators. e.t.c.

your comment shows you've never owned or even managed someone's business in your life...

since delta state is an oil producing state the wisest thing to do is to build 25000bpd - 60,000bpd state owned refinery and make money..

Cut cost of governance, I am not saying it will solve all the problem but it a good starting point.
Re: Okowa Signs 2023 Appropriation Bill Of ₦‎571.6 Billion by codemaniacs: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
udemzeus:

Cut cost of governance, I am not saying it will solve all the problem but it a good starting point.

if you cut cost of governance then people will lose government jobs...

unless you mean reduce the salaries and allowances of state Governors. deputy governor, state senators e.t.c. their special assistants and other staff will lose their jobs...

apart from paying salaries of civil servants and paying pensions.. the budget also has to provide for:
- Maintenance of roads
- Maintenance of Schools ( public nursery, public primary, public secondary schools. polytechnics and universities).
- Maintenance of state government facilities
- Allocation of Funds to Local governments so that local governments can also pay their employees and do other duties in their LGAs and also maintenance of Local government facilities.
- Maintenance of state Airports ( if the state has an airport)
- Maintenance of state seaports ( if the state has an seaport)
- Maintenance of state refinery ( if the state has a refinery) .
- Maintenance of public ( state owned ) hospitals including maternity hospital, Paediatric hospitals, general hospitals e.t.c
- Maintenance of state owned oil depots ( if the state has an oil depot )
- Maintenance of state owned housing estates.
- Maintenance of state owned G.R.As.
- Maintenance of Ambulances and first responders.
- Maintenance of FireFighters and their trucks.
- Maintenance of Security.
- Maintenance of State owned Hotels. restaurants and other hospitality facilities and businesses e.t.c
- Maintenance of public transportation
e.t.c...

I can continue but those are the ones that I remembered....

the best thing to do is for the state government to increase its I.G.R by tolling roads, building refinery, building petrol stations, building gas plants, building power plants, building hospitality centers e.t.c..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Supposedly $200m Landmark Beach Investment That Got Demolished / Senators To Discourage Monopoly In Free Trade / About Time !! Ghanaian President Embarrass French President With Shocking Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.