Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,031 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status (21714 Views)

Lagos Upgrades LASPOTECH, Two Colleges Of Education To University Status / Fayemi Upgrades College Of Education Ikere, Ekiti To University / Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by BennyDGreat: 5:59am On Dec 17, 2022
Harbeeorlar:

Too many? List them pls. Do you know how many tertiary institutions in Ogun state?

Oyo too has quite a number but Ogun leads all over the country...
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2022
BleakFuture:
Where they will groom frustrated souls like me

God forbid that you should be "a frustrated soul"! You will have success and prosperity beyond human imagination. You will succeed beyond who you ever thought you could be, Amen. You've done your own part by going to school. The prosperity that comes with being a graduate at whatever level of education shall be yours, Amen. You'll look back in a few months and thank God for your life.
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 17, 2022
MufasaLion:
Misplaced priority!

What has been the usefulness of all the public universities in the country? These dumbass leaders will just be upgrading everything to university status without any proper and future plans to keep it in shape.

The ones we have already in the country are still suffering from insufficient funds, understaffed, underpayed, etc.

Disgusting!

Sometimes, one wonders where these people receive counsel from!
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by traihit: 6:30am On Dec 17, 2022
samwash:
When will international students from Europe, American,Asia, Canada start flooding our higher institution of learning?
Someone, pls help me check if our government has scholarships for international students?

How many scholarship do they offer for home students to start with?

Majority of us would have stayed back in Nigeria after graduation if there were scholarships to further but where will you see it?

Even if those foreign students come with their money, what will they meet? ASUU strike? Unstable electricity on campus? Cultism? Armed robbery?

It's well with Nigeria. The country will be free one day.
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by traihit: 6:34am On Dec 17, 2022
God1000:

University of Ibadan
Lead city university
Ajayi Crowther university
Oyo technical university
LAUTECH
National open university

At least the ones I know

Leave the private schools including the Technical University. It's for the few people that can afford them.

Despite the number of universities in Oyo State, do you know how many students pass their UTME and couldn't gain admission every year?

We need more universities though (heavily funded with heavy funding for the existing ones). The problem is, does our economy provide enough jobs for the average Nigerian graduate?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by ojonugba2014(m): 7:05am On Dec 17, 2022
Sweetplum:
Shey the school get the facilities of university?

Them dea try I graduated from there 2014
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by matrixme(m): 7:05am On Dec 17, 2022
Nicely done.The UK has just approved educators coming into the country from Nigeria and otehr third world countries. The youths stand a better chance of migrating legally by acquiring an education degree than paying millions to survive terrible situations passing through Libya or being stowaway on a ship. The choice is yours. Maa dira o!
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by frozen70(f): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2022
BleakFuture:

You are not frustrated in Jesus name, Amen
Pls be positive, there is power in the tongue
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Harbeeorlar(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2022
BJanta:

Most tertiary institutions in Ogun State
are substand and mushroom.
These are substandard?
OOU?
TASUED?
FUAA?
Babcock University?
Bells University?
Covenant University, Ota?
Federal Polytechnic?
MAPOLY?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Harbeeorlar(m): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2022
God1000:

University of Ibadan
Lead city university
Oyo technical university
LAUTECH
National open university

At least the ones I know

So these are much for a state with population of over 8 million?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by jmichael259(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2022
traihit:

Leave the private schools including the Technical University. It's for the few people that can afford them.

Despite the number of universities in Oyo State, do you know how many students pass their UTME and couldn't gain admission every year?

We need more universities though (heavily funded with heavy funding for the existing ones). The problem is, does our economy provide enough jobs for the average Nigerian graduate?

any graduate or citizen complaining about new institutions is not exposed. Graduates should be dusting their certificates for vacancies that will need filling.
Tertiary institutions are mini cities and mega business hubs. Over 500 direct employment as academic and non academic staff positions.
Over 5,000 indirect employment as cybercafe and transport operators, traders, restaurant owners, hawkers, passport guys, boutiques and tutorial center, bar and fast food joints, etc not forgetting loud, weed, video game, cards, lotto and betshop.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by joefelin2345: 8:25am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:
Makinde can never ever measure up to late Ajimobi or chief Bola Ige

But he has my vote as he is trying
Pls could you tell me in concrete terms that the àchievements of Chief Bola Ige & your so Called Ajimobi that you are referring to other than political propaganda & sycophancy?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Moh247: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2022
joefelin2345:
Pls could you tell me in concrete terms that the àchievements of Chief Bola Ige & your so Called Ajimobi that you are referring to other than political propaganda & sycophancy?

I guess you are a kid

Bola Ige created many schools and New Gbagi international market is one of the market completed by Bola Ige

Ajimobi got Ajumose bus, Cocoa mall, Ring Road mall, Tech U university among others

Are you Gen Z this funny
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by joefelin2345: 8:41am On Dec 17, 2022
happney65:

You can say Bola Ige,but not Ajimobi. He has even gotten two universities for Oyo in less than 4years.

Solved Lautech for Oyo and it became fully owned by Oyo state 100percent. Lautech was like mount zerubabel in front of Ajimobi. Himself and Baba Kabiru of Osun despite both of them being from the same party.

Now other university of Education. The people of Oyo town will be internally grateful. That town should have been the next city in Oyo state and not Ogbomsho but due to underdevelopment it's growth is very very stagnant
Wetin Ogbomoso people do you if I may ask? When was that town got converted from Oyo Ago Oja vis-a-vis the time Ogbomosho was founded? Recalled that Old Oyo Ile was destroyed by the Fulanis in the later part of 18 century or so while Ogbomoso was founded around 1650 & together with Ibadan (which was founded by amalgamation of Yoruba Army) halted the advancement of the Fulani to the sea to drop their Koran safe for Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island Làgos that lead to Bar Beach. Pls be guided.
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by joefelin2345: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2022
Moh247:

I guess you are a kid

Bola Ige created many schools and New Gbagi international market is one of the market completed by Bola Ige

Ajimobi got Ajumose bus, Cocoa mall, Ring Road mall, Tech U university among others

Are you Gen Z this funny
Tell me more development that they spread to other towns during their time and stop insulting people simply bc you are behind the key board as you might know the people you are insulting?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by BCASH(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2022
LAUTECH, TECH UI

Omodua:
lies!

Name the universities.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by fm001(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2022
God1000:
Good development, but too many universities in oyo state.

The existing ones should be properly maintained instead of creating new ones

This is not about creation of new one, it is an upgrade of the existing one.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by leye4u: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2022
God1000:

University of Ibadan
Lead city university
Oyo technical university
LAUTECH
National open university

At least the ones I know
Wetin concern Oyo state Government with the private and Federal Universities on your list.

The state now has 3 universities namely Lautech, Technically University and this latest one
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by alimiadedayo1: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2022
Obakoolex:

Good. Who was your principal?
I have forgotten the name. did you graduated from model high school
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by CheapHomes1: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2022
Harbeeorlar:

Too many? List them pls. Do you know how many tertiary institutions in Ogun state?

What has that done for ogun state?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by CheapHomes1: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2022
fm001:

This is not about creation of new one, it is an upgrade of the existing one.

What's the benefit?
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by jimter44(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2022
The government should have funded the existing universities to a world class status, rather than establishing new ones. This is a misplaced priority!
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by jimter44(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2022
traihit:

University education is not compulsory and it's also not meant for everybody. I would rather suggest governments to establish more technical schools rather than universities that are theoretical in nature.
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by yinkbell: 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
BleakFuture:

* Change your Monika

* Change your mind set

* Work upon yourself

* Give your life to Christ; He'll give you the brightest Future!
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Omodua(m): 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
BCASH:
LAUTECH, TECH UI

OK
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by remsonik(f): 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2022
Wow this is awesome, congratulations to st Andrew's. Then from st Andrew's College of education, Muslims fought and the name got changed to Emmanuel alayande college of education in honor of the first provost the institution ever had. Now see its now a university,the devil's attacks on the believers sometimes is a blessing in disguise
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Tommydare(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2022
Atiba University
Kola daisi University
Dominican university
Precious cornerstone university
Domininion university
University of Ibadan
Lead city university
Oyo technical university
LAUTECH
National open university

At least the ones I know[/quote]
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Haykinx98(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2022
Sweetplum:
Shey the school get the facilities of university?
Of course they have it, They’re also affiliated with EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY (EKSU)
Re: Oyo Govt Upgrades EACOED To University Status by Haykinx98(m): 7:52am On Dec 20, 2022
happney65:

You can say Bola Ige,but not Ajimobi. He has even gotten two universities for Oyo in less than 4years.

Solved Lautech for Oyo and it became fully owned by Oyo state 100percent. Lautech was like mount zerubabel in front of Ajimobi. Himself and Baba Kabiru of Osun despite both of them being from the same party.

Now other university of Education. The people of Oyo town will be internally grateful. That town should have been the next city in Oyo state and not Ogbomsho but due to underdevelopment it's growth is very very stagnant

You’re right, that Oyo town alone has;

Federal College of Education
Emmanuel Alayande University of Education
Federal Technical College
Ajayi Crowther University
Atiba University

They also have affiliations with schools like
University of Ibadan
Ekiti state university

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / Driver Loses Control In FUTO, Jumps A Gutter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.