Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For (1283 Views)

Please I Need Urgent Help Before I Settle For The Wrong Apartment / Right Here In Sangotedo Your Family Can Settle For Luxury +2349030188831 / Fire Razes Two Houses In Delta Community [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2022
Mods please help me push this to front page

My people i have been in search of accommodation (mini flat) in Lagos for some time now and it is gradually becoming depressing for me.

Notice will be due by January and forceful eviction will be used.

I live In a room self contain but my compound was sold and we were evicted.

Na so search begin o.

I decided to opt for mini flat because I am 31yrs old and see myself settling down in 2024. I don't want a situation where I rent a room then when I marry I start going through same stress again.

I am a hustler with no fix Pay. There are months I make like 150k while there are months I don't even get up to 60k (like this December).

Also, I have another passive income that gets me like 25k weekly (this one just began).

For my liabilities.... I remit 5k to my mom weekly for upkeep and I also support my fiancee with 5k ( make una no raise alarm grin, babe has paid her dues and stuck by me when times were rough), feeding and transport gup like 2k daily

But here are the two options I have.

1. I got a mini flat in Ikeja which is 600k yearly.

Two toilets, personal prepaid meter, N400 to and fro to my place of work, in a serene environment, also with running water.

My fear is just the rent, I am scared I may be working for landlord OR may find it hard to pay. But I look at the prospect of serenity, raising kids and connecting with people in a civilized environment. There is also possibility of it getting increased after two years.

Total package to secure this 850k (if I pay this I don't have another money to even move my properties).

2. I got another accommodation this one is in A place in iyana ipaja

Mini flat
Estimated meter
Quite inside, more like a rural area
Possibility of getting robbed late at night is high
Possibility of getting disturbed by flood and spend longer hours in traffic
400k per annum (I can easily pay this)
The roads are bad.
Cost of moving from there to work may be like N1000 to and fro.
Total packaged to secure the rent, 650k

Please l am confused.

Looking at my earnings, the pros and cons which of the two will be a wise decision

Please your suggestions will be appreciated
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by sarkinbauchi: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2022
Why post such in Politics section?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by worldTina(f): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2022
I refused to get confused
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Hezzyluv: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
sarkinbauchi:

Maybe na politicians get the house him dey contemplate to rent. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Absuchat(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
I hope it wasn't at Aburo ipaja that you got the house?
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Urheadmaster(m): 7:13am On Dec 17, 2022
sarkinbauchi:

He thinks we too don't have problems of our own and we have never open thread for whatever he is after.

Nairaland is not a place of solutions to your challenges / choices.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2022
Absuchat:
I hope it wasn't at Aburo ipaja that you got the house?

It is o
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by phorget(m): 7:14am On Dec 17, 2022
The two options sounds more like the devil and the deep blue sea but if I were you I will rather choose the devil...

It has been proven that the greater the responsibilities the greater the ability to improvise. I will suggest you go for the apartment in ikeja while overlooking the costs.

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Seefinish: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2022
Lagosians, please help him out.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2022
sarkinbauchi:

Apologies. I feel here has more activities and I could easily get answers. That's why I requested admins to forward to front-page
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Hezzyluv: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2022
I got a mini flat in Ikeja which is 600k yearly.

Two toilets, personal prepaid meter, N400 to and fro to my place of work, in a serene environment, also with running water.

You know you would settle for this, so why disturbing us.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Hezzyluv: 7:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Flesh10:

Apologies. I feel here has more activities and I could easily get answers. That's why I requested admins to forward to front-page

Below is what you would settle for you have already made up your mind. So, go for it. I know Wetin I dey talk.

I got a mini flat in Ikeja which is 600k yearly.

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:18am On Dec 17, 2022
worldTina:
I refused to get confused

Here is the summary.

I am in search of a house and time is drawing near for me to vacate.

I have two options.

One seems very expensive but safe and in a serene environment close to my work but I will have to over work to meet up with the payment.

Another one seems to be cheaper but a bit further than the first and also runs the risk of being disturbed by thugs, flood, network and NEPA issue but I can easily pay that one rent yearly
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Absuchat(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2022
Flesh10:

It is o
Better look for house elsewhere nigga.
Have you even considered the transportation to and fro your work place?

From your house to Iyana Aburo won't be less than #300 with bike then from iyana ipaja to Ikeja is now like #500 with the possibility of doubling up on Mondays.

I advise you look for house around these areas
Dopemu
Akowonjo
Egbeda
Agege
Ogba
Even at Mofuluko

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:21am On Dec 17, 2022
Urheadmaster:

He thinks we too don't have problems of our own and we have never open thread for whatever he is after.

Don't be too forward. I asked for advice. If I have answers to all problems so you think I will want to disturb anyone?

I am being disturbed and have exhausted my options that is why I need public opinion.

If you cannot advise please Waka pass. You don't know the state of mind of people, your words could push an already depressed person into the unthinkable
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2022
Seefinish:
Lagosians, please help him out.

Thank you
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by fman(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2022
Urheadmaster:

I swear!!
Only the intelligent ones don't post their ish here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Googledotcom: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2022
Go with the one that has lower price, you cannot determine your own security, only God protects.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by talk2ibk(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2022
If what you can afford close to your place of work is a room self go for it. When you are ready to start a family in 2024 like you mentioned you can think of the mini flat or 3 bedroom.
For now save more for then, invest on yourself, plan for the future. Who knows you might have changed job that require relocation out of Lagos.

Don't put pressure on yourself by working all year to feed your landlord. Except your two months income can pay your rent if not you will be in debt because this naija ehn. This dey go up like rocket.

My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Tokskob2008: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2022
Why not still stick to a room sef contain that you can easily pay for now and in an area close to your work or suitable to you Shey u say na 2024 you are still hoping to get married right and not early next year so why not stay within that limit which is very ok and comfortable for you right now?

If you pay close to a million for accommodation now as a single guy definitely by 2024 it might be much more than that because there will be increment plus fully husband duties added on too and who knows what naija economy will be saying by then...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2022
talk2ibk:
If what you can afford close to your place of work is a room self go for it. When you are ready to start a family in 2024 like you mentioned you can think of the mini flat or 3 bedroom.
For now save more for then, invest on yourself, plan for the future. Who knows you might have changed job that require relocation out of Lagos.

Don't put pressure on yourself by working all year to feed your landlord. Except your two months income can pay your rent if not you will be in debt because this naija ehn. This dey go up like rocket.

My 2 cents

Thank you sir. I also contacted some agents to get me a room self con. But the price they are calling is almost similar to mini flat

A room self contain is between 300 to 400k minus their agent and agreement fee.

Prices of house in Lagos suddenly shot up since July
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Sucre6: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2022
Strike a balance, explore more options, you still have couple of weeks before your eviction, while keeping the first house as option B

If you explore further in that same first area, u could get an apartment say 500k or even 550k, you don't rush to make this decision, because u will have to live with your decision for the next 12 months,

Please your second option of the house u mention that you saw is a no no, remember u will be settling down in few years time, and you wouldn't want to live in an area where your will be at work and be worried about your family while it rains in fear of flood or demolition, who knows and getting waylaid by bad boys at night, remember where u live affects your mentality directly and indirectly and raising kids in such area may impact negatively on them.

I have advised you based on the decision I would take if I was in your shoes, good luck brother cool
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 9:13am On Dec 17, 2022
Sucre6:
Strike a balance, explore more options, you still have couple of weeks before your eviction, while keeping the first house as option B

If you explore further in that same first area, u could get an apartment say 500k or even 550k, you don't rush to make this decision, because u will have to live with your decision for the next 12 months,

Please your second option of the house u mention that you saw is a no no, remember u will be settling down in few years time, and you wouldn't want to live in an area where your will be at work and be worried about your family while it rains in fear of flood or demolition, who knows and getting waylaid by bad boys at night, remember where u live affects your mentality directly and indirectly and raising kids in such area may impact negatively on them.

I have advised you based on the decision I would take if I was in your shoes, good luck brother cool

Thank you sir/ma. I appreciate every advise given
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Sucre6: 9:16am On Dec 17, 2022
Flesh10:

Thank you sir/ma. I appreciate every advise given

Am a fucking Alpha male bro, abeg remove that ma ejorr grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2022
Sucre6:

Am a fucking Alpha male bro, abeg remove that ma ejorr grin

Hahahahah. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by yomi007k(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2022
talk2ibk:

My 2 cents

Best advice.
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by MrBroke(m): 11:05am On Dec 17, 2022
If two months of your earning can cover the first flat of 600k then go for it
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Jozilinn: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
If possible look for a house that will enable you be the owner later in life,cos 850k or even 650k isn't beans...tell your partner let both of you plan it well even though it's 2 bedroom flat or 3 bedroom... that way you would know the number of years it will take before it becomes yours... I think it's possible,u have a great job, the money is too big for rent abeg....
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by lilachiever(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
Go for the Ikeja own.

Cons of the Ipaja Apartment
• Extra 600 transport (which will definitely be more than that on 50%+ days of the year) as compared to Ikeja residence.
• More time spent in traffic + increased stress level
• Insecurity
• Estimated Billing (corporate robbery)
• Classless
• Flood as you mentioned.

The extra you'd spent on tfare if you reside in Aburo will more than offset the difference between the Ikeja apartment and this one.

You can look at areas like Oworo, Mushin and Ilupeju if they are close to your work too. But house scarce for Lagos o and e too expensive (agent doings), so it'd be better if you have direct contact to a compassionate landlord.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2022
lilachiever:
Go for the Ikeja own.

Cons of the Ipaja Apartment
• Extra 600 transport (which will definitely be more than that on 50%+ days of the year) as compared to Ikeja residence.
• More time spent in traffic + increased stress level
• Insecurity
• Estimated Billing (corporate robbery)
• Classless
• Flood as you mentioned.

The extra you'd spent on tfare if you reside in Aburo will more than offset the difference between the Ikeja apartment and this one.

You can look at areas like Oworo, Mushin and Ilupeju if they are close to your work too. But house scarce for Lagos o and e too expensive (agent doings), so it'd be better if you have direct contact to a compassionate landlord.

Thanks for this. I actually am moving from mushin. Funny enough mushin houses are terribly high. A mini flat cost between 500 to 600k too.

Ilupeju is out of it. That one is for big men... Oworo, I will check.

My eyes have seen shege searching for house. I have paid over 10 agents so far (each 3-5k for registration) I spend nothing less than 7k daily going with them round lagos to inspect the houses. Na so them go dey call their guys and u are responsible for their Tfair. Yet they will still ask for money back home which will be nothing less than 1k each for them.

I am so drained and frustrated already.

Thanks jare for your advice

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by Flesh10: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2022
Jozilinn:
If possible look for a house that will enable you be the owner later in life,cos 850k or even 650k isn't beans...tell your partner let both of you plan it well even though it's 2 bedroom flat or 3 bedroom... that way you would know the number of years it will take before it becomes yours... I think it's possible,u have a great job, the money is too big for rent abeg....

Na so we see am ooo. Lagos is a reap off
Re: Which Of These Two Houses Should I Settle For by juitar(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2022
Oboy u better get apartment for Mangoro
Cement
Dopemu
Adealu(before u get to iyana-ipaja)
Iyana Ipaja
You don't have to get to Aboru before you get house,empty apartment full everywhere for Lagos, Infact this is the best time to see house bcoz some people will be relocating to better apartment before new year and some people are moving to their own house. Forget about your 2options, #400k sef is not advisable for you to go for, if you feel you will always get money and God forbid you don't get up to what you're realising now and you're already married with kid, is it that time you will be looking for a cheaper apartment.
So just meet different agents go for apartment of #180-#250k max. You can search on www. to even have idea of the prices in those areas. No just dey work for any landlord o. And lastly no say u wan impress your babe, if una marry now u no come fit meet up with all your responsibility, that babe no go happy. So use your brain o. Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Office Space In Lagos / 514 Plots In Varying Sizes Available For Sale @ Kubua In Abuja, Serviced / Property To Let In Apata Ibadan Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.