Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) (49775 Views)

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers / Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Sweetvie: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
TheCongo2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
How are you doing?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by TheCongo2: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetvie:
How are you doing?

Je vais bien merci.
Toujours content de te lire.
Es tu a l'Universite ?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by WIZGUY69(m): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
NumeroUno7:
Hello sir... I have always nursed the intention of migrating to the USA but the visa lottery ban on Nigeria since 2014 has been tough to take.
I spoke with a friend in Liberia about the possibility of coming there to get a Liberian passport so as to help me migrate from Liberia to USA and this friend told me a lot which showed its accessible as long as I have money to spend (5kusd) at least for birth certificate, passport, immigration processing and my accommodation/feeding in Liberia till everything is sorted out.
My question: is this true or am I on the verge of been scammed?

Dem don come sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Gerrard59(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
ramalot:

Honestly, other than the people, Buenos Aires is a much nicer and bigger city. BA = 15+ million people. Montevideo = 1.3 million.

I'd recommend visiting both, if you're in the area. Getting to Colonia, Uruguay from Buenos Aires takes 1 hour by boat. Then a 3-hour bus ride to Montevideo, if you want to enjoy the rural scenery along the way.

Or you could take a 1-hour flight, direct from Buenos Aires to Montevideo. Many people visit Argentina and only visit Uruguay for a day-trip to Colonia, and return the same day.

How does the average Argentine cope with runaway inflation? I understand it is South America's Zimbabwe and Lebanon (Venezuela is a different kettle of fish)?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
ramalot:
I have gained some insights into different societies and cultures, by traveling far and wide. Not as a weekend tourist, but spending extended time in those places, and living an everyday life. Some of that information/experience might be useful to someone here.

Where did you live in Panama and what was your experience in the city and Panama as a country?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Gerrard59:

How does the average Argentine cope with runaway inflation? I understand it is South America's Zimbabwe and Lebanon (Venezuela is a different kettle of fish)?

Inflation in Argentina is really bad. Prices on everyday items are about 2x higher than they were in February.
The inflation rate at that point was about 50%, but between then and now, it's up over 90%. So it's hardcore.

Unfortunately, wages do not go up as quick as prices. So many people struggle. The average monthly income in Buenos Aires is somewhere around $350-450/month. Highly skilled professionals in tech will obviously make much more, but that's the average.

Salaries get adjusted for inflation, but it's still a major problem. Regardless, people in Buenos Aires seem to live relatively well.

Another aspect is the "blue dollar" issue. This is the equivalent of Naija's "black market." There's significant shortage of dollars here, exactly like Nigeria. So there's an official rate and the blue dollar rate. These days, the unofficial street rate typically trends about 2x the official rate.
Right now, it's 173 ARS/$ official. About $310-335 unofficial.

So if you have access to dollars, or are American, with your income in dollars, this works to your advantage.
I basically get almost everything at around half price, simply by using the unofficial rate, which Western Union also offers.

An illustration, to make it clear:

A burger combo meal at Burger King costs about 1700 ARS here. If I use my US bank card to pay at the counter, it will naturally use the official rate. All card and ATM transactions will. So I'll be charged about $10.

On the other hand, if I exchange dollars with the guys on the street or send myself a Western Union cash transfer, I'll get the "blue dollar" rate, around 330/$.

So now, the previously $10 burger becomes $5.15.

For this reason, other than the first week in Argentina, I never use my card at a POS or ATM. Cash only, and Western Union is my "ATM."
50% off sale on nearly everything.. nationwide cool

I say "nearly," because many imported things are priced based on the blue dollar. So no exchange rate arbitrage on those.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Originalsly: 3:06am On Dec 20, 2022
ramalot:

Absolutely! Lots of partying in the streets, with hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people flooding the streets.

The black population in Argentina is very small, compared to other South American countries. Less than 1% of the population.
It's rare to see black people, and when you do, they're foreigners. Usually Senegalese or other African immigrants.

Not going to quote the whole thing .... but you covered some stuff I never read or heard about ... their coldness and aloofness. From living in the US you no doubt are aware of what lies beneath the surface. I know there are countries with very small Black populations .... but they are something else. I hail you for visiting ... or how else can we get the goings on from a Black perspective? You said sooo much in your response.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 5:59am On Dec 20, 2022
Studymore123:

Where did you live in Panama and what was your experience in the city and Panama as a country?

Panama was a shorter stay. I don't categorize any stays under 1 month as "lived." However, we stayed 2 blocks from Avenida Balboa.

Avenida Vasco Nunez de Balboa is where you see in the "main road" shots of my Panama pics posted earlier. The one attached to this post, which I already posted before, was taken from my balcony.

I gave a few general thoughts on Panama City earlier. So you'll have to refer to that, except you have more specific questions.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 8:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Originalsly:

Not going to quote the whole thing .... but you covered some stuff I never read or heard about ... their coldness and aloofness. From living in the US you no doubt are aware of what lies beneath the surface. I know there are countries with very small Black populations .... but they are something else. I hail you for visiting ... or how else can we get the goings on from a Black perspective? You said sooo much in your response.

Thanks. I generally prefer to experience things for myself, before drawing my conclusions.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2022
By the way, questions do not only have to be about serious stuff. It could be almost anything you're curious about. Whether socioeconomic issues in Brazil, or the booty in Brazil cheesy. Don't let my sometimes formal tone make you hold back on curiosities.

As long as it's not about how to get visas and the likes (which I can't help with).

13 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
ramalot:
By the way, questions do not only have to be about serious stuff. It could be almost anything you're curious about. Whether socioeconomic issues in Brazil, or the booty in Brazil cheesy. Don't let my sometimes formal tone make you hold back on curiosities.

As long as it's not about how to get visas and the likes (which I can't help with).

Please can you talk about your time and experience in "Mehico"?

Many have this belief that the country is run by cartels, which I believe it isn't so.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
ferhyntorlah:

Please can you talk about your time and experience in "Mehico"?

Many have this belief that the country is run by cartels, which I believe it isn't so.

Mexico was cool. Was there for 3 months. Spent most of that time in the capital, Mexico City, and some time in the Cancun - Playa del Carmen area. Mexico City has a pretty large metropolitan area, so very spread out.

Cartels certainly have a notable presence in Mexico. As long as you don't get involved with drugs or try to flirt with random women in bars cartel members hang out, you'll be fine. Otherwise, you might find yourself in a ditch somewhere. Especially if you venture far out of the capital.

The police in Mexico City are also notorious for trying to extort foreigners in the streets. They tried me once at midnight, making completely fabricated accusations. Just like Naija police. I laughed in their face, told them in Spanish that I know exactly what they're doing, and they're not getting 1 peso. I showed them the US embassy number and told them I'm calling, so they can show them whatever they say they have.

They had to beg me not to call, and continue on my way.

Anyway, Mexico City was fun. Got to experience "Dia del Muerto" festivities. It means "Day of the Dead." It happens between Oct. 30th and Nov. 6th. It's a massive traditional ceremony in honor of dead relatives. The main event is a huge parade in downtown Mexico City. People dress in different costumes, like skeletons and dead people. Very colorful event and tradition.

If you've seen the animated movie called Coco, it shows elements of this ceremony. I'm happy we got to experience Mexico at that time.

Food is pretty good in Mexico, especially if you like tacos. I don't mind tacos, but not a huge fan either.

Teotihuacan, about 50 mins outside the city was also interesting. Two large ancient pyramids (pyramid of the Sun and the Moon) and several small ones. We climbed to the top of most of them.

Playa del Carmen was a nice little beach town. The water there isn't very great, as there's often heavy algae bloom, but luckily, it was fine when we were there. Did some parasailing and other cool stuff.

Overall, Mexico was a pleasant experience.

Attached Pics (in order):

1 & 2. Parade at the Dia del Muerto festival in Mexico City.

3. View from a para-sail, over Playa del Carmen beach. We are in the air, attached to that speed boat with the long belt you see.

4. On the beach at Playa del Carmen. If anyone is wondering if the person on the right is a lady with her tits out, you're correct. PDC is a "topless beach." Like every such beach, whether in Miami or Europe, some girls walk around topless. And yes, there are many kids with families.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Tuxpera: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
ramalot:

Where did you meet the most beautiful ladies? The ones that stand out like billboard standard
Which Latin American country did you see the highest number of fast/luxury cars?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by hodari: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2022
My own list..

ASIA
1. Hanoi, Vietnam.
2. Surabaya, Indonesia.
3. New Delhi, India.
4. Mumbai, India.
5. Islamabad, Pakistan.
6. Lahore, Pakistan.
7.Dhaka, Bangladesh.
8. Bangkok, Thailand.
9.Singapore.
10.Baku, Azerbaijan.

AFRICA
11.Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
12.Nairobi, Kenya.
13. Kampala, Uganda.
14.Kigali, Rwanda.
15. Johannesburg, South Africa.
16.Arusha, Tanzania.
17.Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
18.Dakar, Senegal.
19.Abuja, Nigeria.
20.Lagos, Nigeria.
21.Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
22.Kaduna, Nigeria.
23.Accra, Ghana.
24.Cotonou, Benin.
25.Freetown, Sierra Leone.

EUROPE
26.Geneva, Switzerland.
27.London, UK.
28.Katowice, Poland.
29.Lisbon, Portugal.
30Luxembourg.
31.Brussels, Belgium.
32.Amsterdam, Netherlands.
33.Hague, Netherlands.

AMERICAS
34.New York, USA.
35.Washington, DC.
36.Baltimore, MD, USA.
37.Quito, Ecuador

MIDDLE EAST
38.Dubai, UAE
39.Abu Dhabi, UAE
40.Tehran, Iran.

I'm sure I forgot one or two will update later. cool cool

7 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
Tuxpera:

Where did you meet the most beautiful ladies? The ones that stand out like billboard standard

Beauty is very subjective, so it depends what you find beautiful. Across different continents, these ones stood out, for different reasons:

1. Girls in Seoul, South Korea are probably what you're referring to as "billboard standard" cheesy. I spent 3 months in S. Korea.
I found them very beautiful in a typical "model" kinda way. Unlike most Asians, people in South Korea are tall. So, tall and very slim girls with beautiful faces all over Seoul. Well dressed and very conscious about their appearance.

This doesn't apply to all of South Korea though. Girls on the coast, in cities like Ulsan (where I also stayed) are the opposite. Conventionally unattractive, overweight and little care about their appearance.

2. Ethiopia: I think Ethiopian girls are some of the most beautiful in Africa. Particularly Habeshas. Pretty faces, with very slim but curvy bodies.

3. Colombia: The average girl you find walking around looks nice. Maybe not a beauty queen, but the gene pool is generally good-looking. Better-looking than the average girl in Brazil (in my opinion).

Tuxpera:

Which Latin American country did you see the highest number of fast/luxury cars?

In Latin America, it was Panama City, I believe

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by WIZGUY69(m): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
ramalot:

The police in Mexico City are also notorious for trying to extort foreigners in the streets. They tried me once at midnight, making completely fabricated accusations. Just like Naija police. I laughed in their face, told them in Spanish that I know exactly what they're doing, and they're not getting 1 peso. I showed them the US embassy number and told them I'm calling, so they can show them whatever they say they have.

They had to beg me not to call, and continue on my way.

How is the level of development compared to South America cities?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by WIZGUY69(m): 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
ramalot:

Beauty is very subjective, so it depends what you find beautiful. Across different continents, these ones stood out, for different reasons:

1. Girls in Seoul, South Korea are probably what you're referring to as "billboard standard" cheesy. I spent 3 months in S. Korea.
I found them very beautiful in a typical "model" kinda way. Unlike most Asians, people in South Korea are tall. So, tall and very slim girls with beautiful faces all over Seoul. Well dressed and very conscious about their appearance.

This doesn't apply to all of South Korea though. Girls on the coast, in cities like Ulsan (where I also stayed) are the opposite. Conventionally unattractive, overweight and little care about their appearance.

2. Ethiopia: I think Ethiopian girls are some of the most beautiful in Africa. Particularly Habeshas. Pretty faces, with very slim but curvy bodies.

3. Colombia: The average girl you find walking around looks nice. Maybe not a beauty queen, but the gene pool is generally good-looking. Much better looking than the average girl in Brazil (in my opinion).

I am aware that Latinas are always beautiful and homely. They've a special place in my heart.
I love homely ladies cool

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
WIZGUY69:

How is the level of development compared to South America cities?

Mexico City is pretty developed in the city center. The infrastructure reduces in quality, the farther away you move from the center.

Compared to South American cities, it's similar to most major ones. Though certainly not better than most.

Pics:

1. The center of Mex. City.

2. Typical less fancy part of the historic area in Mex. City.

3. Palatial government buildings in the historic center of Mex. City.

4. A nice restaurant we ate, inside a real cave, in Teotihuacan. 50 mins outside Mex. City.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Gerrard59(m): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2022
ramalot:

Since you asked, what do you think it will be like touring South America for sex tourism? What about the Caribbeans? Guesstimated amount to budget and the best time of the year to visit (activities, weather etc)?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Gerrard59(m): 6:31am On Dec 21, 2022
ramalot:

Also, what has been your experience regarding the "black nod" when you visited places with fewer blacks, especially in East Asia and South East Asia and, maybe now, Argentina? What was the experience like?

Also, during your travelling experiences, what are the fundamental differences between a black African and an African American or blacks from European countries? How do you differentiate which from which before converation (if it ever occurs)? Like, you see a black person across the road, how are you able to judge whether this person is from Africa or a western country or the Caribbeans?

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by odinga1of: 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
ramalot:

3. Colombia: The average girl you find walking around looks nice. Maybe not a beauty queen, but the gene pool is generally good-looking. Better-looking than the average girl in Brazil (in my opinion).

Bro how do we get this girls online and later catapult to serious relationship Brazil, Colombia and Panama city girls?

Do they fansy long distance relationship from your observations?

Note: am talking about my real face( and what's their perceptions about Nigeria boys/men in the above south American countries?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Gerrard59:
Since you asked, what do you think it will be like touring South America for sex tourism? What about the Caribbeans? Guesstimated amount to budget and the best time of the year to visit (activities, weather etc)?

Haha, I didn't "ask" about "sex tourism." Booty and sex tourism aren't necessarily referring to the same scenario.
I'm not a sex tourist, I'm a world traveler, but I'm sure I have most of the answers you're looking for. So I'll oblige.

Depending what your definition of sex tourism is, South America is generally open to that. In the sense, Latinas are generally social and receptive. Ideally, you have yourself well put together, have decent looks and social skills. Social skills like being able to hold an interesting conversation, without being awkward. And more importantly, being a good dancer.

Dancing is a big part of LatAm culture. Being only able to dance to hip hop and raggaeton might not cut it. Salsa, bacchata, merengue and the likes come into play. You certainly don't have to be a pro at these regional dances, but should be able to move smoothly to them. Good thing is most black people have rhythm on the dance floor, so hopefully you do too. Personally, I love to dance and will dance to anything.

The biggest superpower you can bring to LatAm is Spanish skills. Knowing how to speak even a little Spanish puts you ahead of most people. This opens the doors much wider to access girls you otherwise can't access, because of a communication barrier. English skills among locals varies from country to country, but in some cases, it's almost non-existent. So you'd struggle without Spanish skills.

This is very important, because most foreign guys end up with prostitutes, because they're the only ones with the patience to deal with google translate conversations. Simply because they're being paid. So except you don't mind being one of those guys, install Duolingo on your phone and get some basic Spanish skills. It's not as hard as you might think. I started learning in 2014.

If on the other hand, you're only interested in just paying girls for their time, prostitution is legal in nearly all of South America. Some of the main cities foreigners go for that kind of stuff are Cartagena, Bogota, Medellin (all in Colombia), Sosua (Dominican Republic - Caribbean). And to an extent. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

For weather, many South American countries (other than Argentina) have relatively stable weather year-round. Although Buenos Aires gets really cold winters (without snow). So you should be more concerned about "high season" vs "low season." These are times where there are tons of tourists, or not. However, high season comes with significantly higher prices on all expenses.

Gerrard59:
Also, what has been your experience regarding the "black nod" when you visited places with fewer blacks, especially in East Asia and South East Asia and, maybe now, Argentina? What was the experience like?

Also, during your travelling experiences, what are the fundamental differences between a black African and an African American or blacks from European countries? How do you differentiate which from which before converation (if it ever occurs)? Like, you see a black person across the road, how are you able to judge whether this person is from Africa or a western country or the Caribbeans?

The "black nod" happens pretty much everywhere in the world. Especially between African Americans. It's less common among native Africans. The fewer blacks there are, the more you notice it. That hasn't been my experience in Argentina and Uruguay though. Almost never happens, as the blacks are nearly all native Africans.

I can generally guess a black person's origin, with about 80% accuracy, before speaking to them. African Americans typically look a bit different in general appearance and skin tone, from black Africans and people of the West Indies (Caribbeans), for two main reasons. African Americans are typically overweight, and the average African American is genetically about 25% Caucasian. So that introduces physical traits a bit different from a 100% black person. A third tell-tale is the dress style.

These things become easier to spot, the more you interact with a variety of people. Same way you can probably guess between an Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa man. A foreigner can't perceive that distinction the way you can.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
odinga1of:

Bro how do we get this girls online and later catapult to serious relationship Brazil, Colombia and Panama city girls?

Do they fansy long distance relationship from your observations?

Note: am talking about my real face( and what's their perceptions about Nigeria boys/men in the above south American countries?

I can't offer you any deep insight, as I have never been into online dating.

That said, Nigerians do have a reputation around the world, of being internet fraudsters. So while you can certainly develop a genuine connection with a Latina online, there will be some initial skepticism, because you live in Nigeria.

Also, most Latinas speak only Spanish, so you can only communicate using Google Translate. Phone calls and video calls will be a dead end. So depending on what your real intentions are, it's up to you to decide if you want to engage it or not.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by jjxxx: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
ramalot:
I have gained some insights into different societies and cultures, by traveling far and wide. Not as a weekend tourist, but spending extended time in those places, and living an everyday life. Some of that information/experience might be useful to someone here.

The main point of this AMAA is mostly to answer questions of curiosity. Just random things you wonder about more obscure and less popular places (which I prefer to visit). I'm calling it "Ask Me Almost Anything," because I will not be answering certain questions.

Some questions I can't answer:

1. Questions about visa processes: I simply don't know, as I travel visa-free on a US passport, in almost all cases.

2. Questions about "hustling" as a documented or undocumented resident.

I have a web-based business in the US. So I work remotely, wherever I am.

A few things to note:

1. When I say "lived in a country," I don't mean permanently. I use that for countries I spend at least 1 month. I typically spend anywhere from 1- 3 months per country. In a few cases, I've stayed as long as 6, 10 and 12 months in some countries.

2. I travel on a US passport. I keep renewing my Naija passport each time it expires, but I never actually use it. Latest one I got in New York expired some months ago. I only used it once, in visiting Naija.

3. I am less interested in visiting "first world countries," as I find them boring. So most of my travels are to developing countries, but mostly those I still have access to solid accommodation and amenities. I have a business to run, so I can't be without reliable internet.

I find these countries more diverse in culture and lifestyle. First world countries are too structured and predictable.

4. I don't stay in hotels. I rent full Airbnb apartments, as I typically stay in a place for a few months and prefer to feel at home. I only stay in a hotel, if I need to, for 1-2 days while in transit, or something.

5. I've been learning Spanish for a long time, and speak decent enough conversational Spanish, and basic Portuguese.

Some countries I've been (including Nigeria, where I grew up):

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
3. Ethiopia (multiple visits)
4. South Africa

Latin America (South, Central, North):
5. Brazil
6. Colombia (multiple visits)
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
17. England (multiple visits)
18. Portugal
19. Netherlands (Amsterdam)

Asia:
20. Thailand (multiple visits)
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

Bonus (transits only, without bothering to leave the airport)
31. Moscow, Russia - 6 hours
32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

Current location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Yes, there will be epic street parties if Argentina wins tomorrow!)

All pictures I post on this thread were taken with my phone. None are edited in any way.

Good day bro. Pls wat do u have to say about qatar because i got a job offer from an oil ans gas company there. Kindly detail me on the pros and cons of the country as well as weather conditions.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
jjxxx:

Good day bro. Pls wat do u have to say about qatar because i got a job offer from an oil ans gas company there. Kindly detail me on the pros and cons of the country as well as weather conditions.

Congrats on the job offer, but I don't have any real experience with Qatar. As I said in that list, I didn't leave the airport in Qatar.

Only thing I was surprised to notice is a lot of the airport workers were black African immigrants. I didn't expect to see that many of them.
Overall, Qatar is one of the richest countries in the world. So if you have a legitimate offer and don't mind living in a muslim society, take it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Ilamina(f): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
How did you like canada?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 12:37am On Dec 22, 2022
Ilamina:
How did you like canada?

Canada is nice. Although, like l said in the original post, I'm not as intrigued by these types of countries. As they're too similar to the US. So it feels like I just went down the street.

I spent time in Toronto, and for the most part it felt like I was still at home. Similar architecture, identical demographics of people, nearly identical accents, nearly identical societal cultures and norms. USD accepted everywhere, so spending the same currency.

Other than that, it was a fun city. Had a close friend who l was visiting in Toronto, so that was great too. I was in Vancouver briefly, on a more recent visit.

Next time I'm in Canada, I'll definitely visit Montreal, for a different vibe, as that's French Canada. So the language, architecture and general culture is more French-influenced than British.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Gerrard59(m): 5:05am On Dec 22, 2022
ramalot:

Thanks a lot for answering my previous questions. So to the bold, how is the booty in Brazil and all of South America? And how do you compare the economy or economic activities in South America vs East/South East Asia? I understand East Asia is richer than South America, but desire to read about your observations.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2022
Sweetvie:
Yeah, Columbia Spanish is lovely with the accent grin
I never really been to Argentina but I can imagine that grin

I only visit Philippines once in a while.
I only stay for a week most times. I love island of Boracay, the view is amazing tongue
Cebu" the queen city of the south" tongue grin I only visited once and I do feel like I did not explore the city cry
@bolded
I don't really know... That was when I first visited i was told some place are not safe... Am not sure if it's in Manila maybe those village
I heard they're village gangster or cultist I really don't know again lipsrsealed nxt visit am really gonna check all the corner grin

@bolded
Trust me, i won't miss that
I really love it
One of the best place in Taguig city, I love it... The view was giving grin the gondola ride was really fun i was feeling like a queen grin

There's an insurgency in Mindanao. That's the southernmost area of Philippines. The guys there kidnap foreigners for ransom and do all sorts of shitty things to fund their war against the government. The Islamic State was active there sometime ago, which led to full-scale battles against the government. The situation has calmed, but the insurgency is still going on low-key.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) / Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves / See The First 3D Zebra Crossing In Nigeria (Photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.