Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) (49869 Views)

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers / Gully Erosion Destroys Over 30 Buildings,Displaces Over 50,000 People In Anambra / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
Gerrard59:

Interesting. I have always thought Bahamas and Barbados are richer than Bermuda.

Bermuda is actually the richest predominantly black "nation" in the world. And also in the top 1-2 bracket for highest per capita GDP worldwide. For reference, the US is around 7. Nigeria is 145.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by mrjojo: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2022
ramalot:

1. I assume the US is exempt from your question, so I'd consider:

a. Colombia: I love the general vibe in Colombia and feel at home there. The food is also good in the coastal cities. In Medellin though, the food is bland and tasteless. Paisas can't cook.

b. Rio de Janeiro: Rio is the perfect blend of urban city, beach city and incredible natural landscape settings. I love Brazilian people and get along great with them, everywhere I meet them in the world.

c. Argentina: While I'm not a big fan of Argentine people, I'm a big fan of Buenos Aires, as a city. It's beautiful and the cost of living is great (if you're American, or earn in dollars).

2. I'm not sure what this question means, to feel the "blackest."

3. I would consider Colombia for something like Real Estate investments. Airbnbs, commercial properties and the likes. Mainly because of its proximity to the US, and favorable import laws. Unlike places like Argentina, Costa Rica etc, where importation carries large taxes.

4. There is no passport superior to the US passport. Sure, there are several countries with higher visa-free access than the US passport, but the reality is none of them get afforded the same respect, around the world. I won't trade that respect for the few extra random countries those passports can visit. Mostly war-torn African or former Soviet Union countries. So the answer is, absolutely none.
Insightful, Thank you..
"Blackest" I meant the place where you felt uncomfortable . I have been in some countries and it just felt all eyes were on me

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
mrjojo:
Insightful, Thank you..
"Blackest" I meant the place where you felt uncomfortable . I have been in some countries and it just felt all eyes were on me

I generally don't dwell on race. So I don't have a place where I would say I felt "uncomfortable."

However, Argentina has had the most subtle passive racial vibe. I'm still in Argentina, and have been here many months, out of my own free will. So it's not that "uncomfortable."

Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam, as well. However, in HCM, it's usually around the Bui Vien area, where there are many jobless Africans and Nigerians roaming around, doing nothing. Just "hustling."

Locals try their best to avoid them, so if you look anything like them, they try to give you the cold shoulder. Except they realize you're American, British or something.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Ablemax(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
ramalot:

1. I assume the US is exempt from your question, so I'd consider:

a. Colombia: I love the general vibe in Colombia and feel at home there. The food is also good in the coastal cities. In Medellin though, the food is bland and tasteless. Paisas can't cook.

b. Rio de Janeiro: Rio is the perfect blend of urban city, beach city and incredible natural landscape settings. I love Brazilian people and get along great with them, everywhere I meet them in the world.

c. Argentina: While I'm not a big fan of Argentine people, I'm a big fan of Buenos Aires, as a city. It's beautiful and the cost of living is great (if you're American, or earn in dollars).

2. I'm not sure what this question means, to feel the "blackest."

3. I would consider Colombia for something like Real Estate investments. Airbnbs, commercial properties and the likes. Mainly because of its proximity to the US, and favorable import laws. Unlike places like Argentina, Costa Rica etc, where importation carries large taxes.

4. There is no passport superior to the US passport. Sure, there are several countries with higher visa-free access than the US passport, but the reality is none of them get afforded the same respect, around the world. I won't trade that respect for the few extra random countries those passports can visit. Mostly war-torn African or former Soviet Union countries. So the answer is, absolutely none.

Omo, I must comment you have tour round the world that's wonderful, I'm impressed.

Please what's the fastest way for me to get u.s passport...

And Omo I need connect o. If u don't mind connect me o....

But God almighty really blessed you
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by obembet(f): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:
I have gained some insights into different societies and cultures, by traveling far and wide. Not as a weekend tourist, but spending extended time in those places, and living an everyday life. Some of that information/experience might be useful to someone here.

The main point of this AMAA is mostly to answer questions of curiosity. Just random things you wonder about more obscure and less popular places (which I prefer to visit). I'm calling it "Ask Me Almost Anything," because I will not be answering certain questions.

Some questions I can't answer:

1. Questions about visa processes: I simply don't know, as I travel visa-free on a US passport, in almost all cases.

2. Questions about "hustling" as a documented or undocumented resident.

I have a web-based business in the US. So I work remotely, wherever I am.

A few things to note:

1. When I say "lived in a country," I don't mean permanently. I use that for countries I spend at least 1 month. I typically spend anywhere from 1- 3 months per country. In a few cases, I've stayed as long as 6, 10 and 12 months in some countries.

2. I travel on a US passport. I keep renewing my Naija passport each time it expires, but I never actually use it. Latest one I got in New York expired some months ago. I only used it once, in visiting Naija.

3. I am less interested in visiting "first world countries," as I find them boring. So most of my travels are to developing countries, but mostly those I still have access to solid accommodation and amenities. I have a business to run, so I can't be without reliable internet.

I find these countries more diverse in culture and lifestyle. First world countries are too structured and predictable.

4. I don't stay in hotels. I rent full Airbnb apartments, as I typically stay in a place for a few months and prefer to feel at home. I only stay in a hotel, if I need to, for 1-2 days while in transit, or something.

5. I've been learning Spanish for a long time, and speak decent enough conversational Spanish, and basic Portuguese.

Some countries I've been (including Nigeria, where I grew up):

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
3. Ethiopia (multiple visits)
4. South Africa

Latin America (South, Central, North):
5. Brazil
6. Colombia (multiple visits)
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
17. England (multiple visits)
18. Portugal
19. Netherlands (Amsterdam)

Asia:
20. Thailand (multiple visits)
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

Bonus (transits only, without bothering to leave the airport)
31. Moscow, Russia - 6 hours
32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

Current location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Yes, there will be epic street parties if Argentina wins tomorrow!)

All pictures I post on this thread were taken with my phone. None are edited in any way.

Incase u need girlfriend o.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Johel(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:
I have gained some insights into different societies and cultures, by traveling far and wide. Not as a weekend tourist, but spending extended time in those places, and living an everyday life. Some of that information/experience might be useful to someone here.

The main point of this AMAA is mostly to answer questions of curiosity. Just random things you wonder about more obscure and less popular places (which I prefer to visit). I'm calling it "Ask Me Almost Anything," because I will not be answering certain questions.

1. Questions about visa processes: I simply don't know, as I travel visa-free on a US passport, in almost all cases.

A few things to note:

1. When I say "lived in a country," I don't mean permanently. I use that for countries I spend at least 1 month. I typically spend anywhere from 1- 3 months per country. In a few cases, I've stayed as long as 6, 10 and 12 months in some countries.

2. I travel on a US passport. I keep renewing my Naija passport each time it expires, but I never actually use it. Latest one I got in New York expired some months ago. I only used it once, in visiting Naija.

3. I am less interested in visiting "first world countries," as I find them boring. So most of my travels are to developing countries, but mostly those I still have access to solid accommodation and amenities. I have a business to run, so I can't be without reliable internet.

I find these countries more diverse in culture and lifestyle. First world countries are too structured and predictable.

4. I don't stay in hotels. I rent full Airbnb apartments, as I typically stay in a place for a few months and prefer to feel at home. I only stay in a hotel, if I need to, for 1-2 days while in transit, or something.

5. I've been learning Spanish for a long time, and speak decent enough conversational Spanish, and basic Portuguese.

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
4. South Africa

5. Brazil
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
18. Portugal

Asia:
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

Current location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Yes, there will be epic street parties if Argentina wins tomorrow!)

All pictures I post on this thread were taken with my phone. None are edited in any way.

Man, you must be really rich...nice.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Bulletproofgt: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2022
How much will take for me to do a to and fro to china, with accommodation and feeding for 3 weeks?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Exceed15: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Wow! Congrats
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2022
Guys, please don't quote the original post. It just adds a lot of long text people have to scroll through
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Tinubumyman: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2022
Yahoo boy
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by AngelicBeing: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2022
wink
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Olat4421: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2022
I search through d list of countries u ave being to in Asia and I couldn't found Japan. Y ave u not being to Japan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by BigDawsNet: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

A few things to note:

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
4. South Africa

5. Brazil
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
18. Portugal

Asia:
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

How safe is the southern American countries you have visited?

I'm looking forward to a multi connecting holiday in South America probably in 2024
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Treasuredgift(f): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2022
Congrats. Someday too, my hustle go pay.

I pray God makes Nigeria a great country, so that other nationals would be fighting to come here too.

Vote Peter obi.
#Obiisbetter

7 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Ramalot. I want to go to South Korea because I love Kdrama movies and thier culture. Are Korean people welcoming and are thier girls not a racist cuz I won marry a Korean woman.? Is Korean a good place to live. I'm sure you will have been to Seoul and itaewon.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by BigDawsNet: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2022
NumeroUno7:
Hello sir... I have always nursed the intention of migrating to the USA but the visa lottery ban on Nigeria since 2014 has been tough to take.
I spoke with a friend in Liberia about the possibility of coming there to get a Liberian passport so as to help me migrate from Liberia to USA and this friend told me a lot which showed its accessible as long as I have money to spend (5kusd) at least for birth certificate, passport, immigration processing and my accommodation/feeding in Liberia till everything is sorted out.
My question: is this true or am I on the verge of been scammed?

It doesn't matter if the process is real or scam...

A Liberia passport holder will have to apply for a US visa and get approval..before they can be admitted into the US...

I will advice you to tour around the free countries on Nigerian passport so as to give you some edge while applying...

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by brainhgeek(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

A few things to note:

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
4. South Africa

5. Brazil
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
18. Portugal

Asia:
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

Inspired! I have two questions though
1. What do you do for a living?
2. My birth country is Nigeria but deep within, I feel like I am Ethiopian. I'd like to know what it's like living in Ethiopia.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by lovinagbad: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2022
dopedan:
Which kind work do u do that you are touring the world
STUPID QUESTION. He is not Lazy lwaiting for politicians to feed him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by meobizy(f): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
More power to your passport and I wish you good health. I have nothing to gain from your knowledge.
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Lukuluku69(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

A few things to note:

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
4. South Africa

5. Brazil
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
18. Portugal

Asia:
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

Nice one Op. Your Travels is worth more than 20 Semesters in a Classroom in gaining first hand knowledge of people and Cultures.

I am kinda of curious, you are now in Argentina (hoping you are still there by 25 Dec.) There is the notion that there are no Black people (please permit me use that word) who are Citizens of Argentina?

I have followed Football as an Eight year old, as a matter of fact, I was Eight years during Argentina '78. I have never seen a Black or a Negro play for the Argentina National Team.

I know the Population comprises majorly Indigenous Tribes and European Settlers and some immigrants from the Middles East.

Are there truely No Negroes/Negroids/Blacks people who are Citizens of Argentina?

While you are there, do you see any? Perhaps a few here and there or non at all?

I have read report (Non Mainstream) that says the Argentines simply kill them or or ask them to move on?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Rechargeam247(f): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:
By the way, questions do not only have to be about serious stuff. It could be almost anything you're curious about. Whether socioeconomic issues in Brazil, or the booty in Brazil cheesy. Don't let my sometimes formal tone make you hold back on curiosities.

As long as it's not about how to get visas and the likes (which I can't help with).
Do you work or you travel for a living? Like a travel blogger/vlogger??
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by brainhgeek(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

Bermuda is actually the richest predominantly black "nation" in the world. And also in the top 1-2 bracket for highest per capita GDP worldwide. For reference, the US is around 7. Nigeria is 145.

Interesting
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
Johel:

Man, you must be really rich...nice.

I do fine for myself, but this is actually a misconception. You don't need to be rich to travel the world, if the following apply:

1. You have a passport that offers visa-free access to many places.

2. You are educated (formally or informally), with enough marketable digital skills to earn a good remote income. Whether as a business owner or employee. There are a ton of things you can teach yourself with free resources online, and get a remote job with. Programming, data analysis, cybersecurity and a lot more. Stuff like graphic design might not cut it, except you get a full time remote job.

3. You have the flexibility/freedom to just get up and go, for long periods. This is much easier when you don't have kids.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by spanzed(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
How’s it like in Singapore?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Babastrong(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
How can i survive in benin republic or togo without knowing anybody there?
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ramalot(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2022
Bulletproofgt:
How much will take for me to do a to and fro to china, with accommodation and feeding for 3 weeks?

I can't answer this, as it will vary widely for everyone, based on their budget. So you can simply look it up, based on your budget.

Flights: google.com/flights

Accommodation: airbnb.com

feeding: Everyone eats differently. If you like to cook your own food, that's your cheapest (and best) option.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Quim2: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot

Among those African counties you've been to which is the poorest
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by smart8956: 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2022
You must also have a terrifying disease you're treating. All those countries you mention are places drug guys, ashawo (porn stars), and celebrities love to go for vacation. Your business must be editing and shooting porn movies, medical tourist, drugs or marketing illegal stuff in the name of using USA passport.
I bet you to deny because I'm in Canada I understand you. I've not seen were u mention any Arab countries even as beautiful as Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc. So your business and traveling is to countries that allow your illegal business. Web business like editing porn videos is legit business that pays big time. Quote me! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by SafariHunter(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2022
CIA or M16, bro which one you dey play??

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by ALFADOS(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

A few things to note:

Africa:
1. Nigeria
2. Benin Republic
4. South Africa

5. Brazil
7. Argentina
8. Uruguay
9. Ecuador
10. Chile
11. Costa Rica
12. Peru
13. Panama
14. Dominican Republic
15. Mexico
16. Paraguay

Europe:
18. Portugal

Asia:
21. Vietnam
22. Singapore
23. Indonesia
24. Philippines
25. Hong Kong
26. South Korea
27. China
28. Malaysia

North America:
29. USA (where I live)
30. Canada

32. Lome, Togo
33. Doha, Qatar

All pictures I post on this thread were takem with my phones. None are edited in any way.
you did not mentioned Spain in your listed and you want to learn Spanish
Re: I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) by Asour: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sweetvie:
Yeah, southeast Asia is a bit chaotic
Have been to India n Philippines.
India is very chaotic
Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and New Delhi
That's where I got to visit but their food is not for me but I love biryani grin
Palak paneer is cool but I don't how to describe how I felt when I tasted it grin
Panipuri is also cool and I tasted jalebi in India also it very sweet.
Philippines is okay, only got to visit Manila grin
The city is lovely. Heard there's some place you can't visit in Philippines?

@bolded
I love Colombia
Like the music, dance, the culture and everything is on another level... I really want to visit grin I love the way Columbia speak their Spanish, it gives me a whole new vibes different from the spain own. I'll love to taste their food, dance and visit the beach there grin

As chaotic as Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / Train Crushes Man's Leg And Hand While Listening To Music In Lagos / This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.