Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) (24425 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Ololade4: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Good day House.. I am an ardent Nairalander but I am using another identity to cover up..

It's almost over a year now that i started the journey with her, I met her parents 4 months ago, I was told by her day that thier daughter is not free( bride price things) normally... we talked it out and we decided to get marriage.. I am 35, she's 32. She has a 8 years old boy out of wedlock, the boy stays with her parent.. I don't have any problem with that, Single mother is not a disease.. we have being living together since March this year, just like a couple and i decided to tie the knot with her later in the year which we both agreed on.

So we both agreed to go for registry then normal engagement and rest the case.. she later changed her mind, she doesn't want the court registry anymore (i am not move with this anyway, but why? Is she having another secret affairs elsewhere, or maybe she's thinking she may leave if things go south, like she doesn't want to get into a legal marriage that will hinder her from having choice in the nearest future, because I don't understand..).. She only want Engagement, without the court registry for now.
Anytime her parents, especially her mom ask her about it in the wedding plan, she will tell her we will do it later in the future .
As a man in the first place I don't need to worry about this in the first place, because all this court marriage registration only favor the woman and I know most of them crave for it...

But she... What is she up to??

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by TINUBUISMAD: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
She wants to eat her cake and still have it

Run oh

THAT'S MY ADVICE

I won't be surprised that she is among this kind of lady in this pix below

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by TemplarLandry: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Do you intend to be in a marriage that isn't legally binding?

If you want to apply for a family visa in the future, which proof are you going to present?

Tell her if she's not interested in registry, you're no longer interested in marrying her. This type of a woman will give you problems in the future.

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by talented321: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
Anything court marriage'' i no dey....
Is she having any contact with her ex? Many single moms are bleeped by their baby dads, do your findings well. There is something she is not telling you bro...
But you are a simp...

200 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by falcon01: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ahhh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Ahmed0336(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
No vex o, between the both of you, who get money/ assets pass?

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Felimax(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
You think you are smart!
She sees you.

You are not her choice of man. Over 70% of single mothers have similar problem.

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Blackdeewhy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
Something with LOVE, things are easier said than done.
Anyways, stand your ground as the head of the house and if she insisted, you know what to do.

NB
I hope you don't have a thing or two you're hiding? I've seen guys luring single moms to registery, then boom, reality check, Bobo no get job and a jigolo.

Ki Oluwa wa pelu opπŸ™

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by advanceDNA: 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ololade4:

not surprised....lots of single mothers are very complicated breed ...... Mayb she wants an arrangement she can easily walk away from... (when her first love returns, her real heart desire come along or she gets tired of ur simping ass)

Altogether....mayb u are just a means to ticking marriage off her list...

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by lokotamak(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
Madam still get hope for her first love {baby dad)....
So oga watch your back.
grin grin grin

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by AchrafHakimi: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
Simping is worse than Ebola.
Only SATAN II missile can destroy it.

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by izonborn098(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
Oga i'm not in anyway against ur woman..
But majority of single moms are dangerous... Because i can bleep my single mom anytime i want... Use ur head in this ur issue if not'' no evidence...
Forcing urself on a old single mom.. Tueh..

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by modernWays: 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
You are hopelessly battling with a serious low self esteem. Imagine a woman you will house, feed, take care of all her other needs and sometimes that of her family dictating to you?

Are you not suppose to be happy she don't want court marriage sef?

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
I love that girl.

Anytime her parents, especially her mom ask her about it in the wedding plan, she will tell her we will do it later in the future.
As a man in the first place I don't need to worry about this in the first place, because all this court marriage registration only favor the woman and I know most of them crave for it...

I hope other ladies can read and learn. The reason some men claim they don't want marriage or they have more to lose is because women carry it for head. Always fighting tooth and nail for (registry) marriage. So they sit back and allow you do all the work while acting like they did you a favour marrying you. Have you ever considered the fact that you would be the one needing to escape from an evil man in record time? Breaking head over a man's property even at the expense of your life.

This OP claims it favours women more but he is restless because he met a woman who has mastered her emotions. He wishes she were chasing him upandan for a legal wedding and flying to catch ring. He is bothered because he doesn't hold all the ACES.

Isn't this the kinda arrangement they claim to want online? #TEAMBABYMAMA? Why is OP worried and why the responses from his fellow men above? grin grin

Men want this marriage as much as you do if not more. If they hated marriage so much, they wouldn't be open to polygamy or rushing to marry another wife after a divorce or death of the first wife. No man keeps two (polygamy), even four of what he doesn't benefit from. They benefit heavily from marriage. In fact, after tasting marriage, they find it hard to stay alone again. Unlike women who would rather enjoy companionship without commitment.

Stop fighting these men over registry. Tell him you don't want. Let him be the one to create thread and beg you to sign those lines. Stop begging them to see the usefulness in marriage. Stop answering stupid NL questions like "what can you offer a man?" He has the option of remaining single or marrying a fellow man or new yam.

You are the prize. grin grin
If he isn't giving you same energy, disembark.

80 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by neonly: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
Baful me as persin dey look for wahala for himself
Persin say I no want court things u dey knack yur head for ground
Guy continue dey fire dey go just make sure belle no come in

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Mindlog: 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ololade4:

Shouldn't you be happy that you hit a jackpot by her not being interested in getting married in a Marriage Registry which would have "favoured" her and put you at a "disadvantage"?

She is not up to anything, you met a rare woman who do not crave it, so enjoy your traditional wedding and have a blissful married life.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
Mindlog:

Shouldn't you be happy that you hit a jackpot by her not being interested in getting married in a Marriage Registry which would have "favoured" her and put you at a "disadvantage"?

She is not up to anything, you met a rare woman who do not crave it, so enjoy your traditional wedding and have a blissful married life.

He doesn't want to be favoured.
E done see FAVOUR come dey run. grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Ololade4: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
Mindlog:

Reasonable answer so far..

According to what I have observed so far with her, your input seems to be accurate with the whole thing..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Ololade4: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:
I love that girl.

I hope other ladies can read and learn. The reason some men claim they don't want marriage or they have more to lose is because women carry it for head. Always fighting tooth and nail for (registry) marriage. So they sit back and allow you do all the work while acting like they did you a favour marrying you. Have you ever considered the fact that you would be the one needing to escape from an evil man in record time? Breaking head over a man's property even at the expense of your life.

This OP claims it favours women more but he is restless because he met a woman who has mastered her emotions. He wishes she were chasing him upandan for a legal wedding and flying to catch ring. He is bothered because he doesn't hold all the ACES.

I mean, isn't this the kinda arrangement they claim to want online? #TEAMBABYMAMA? Why is OP worried and why the responses from his fellow men above? grin grin

Men want this marriage as much as you do if not more. If they hated marriage so much, they wouldn't be open to polygamy or rushing to marry another wife after a divorce or death of the first wife. No man keeps two (polygamy), even four of what he doesn't benefit from. They benefit heavily from marriage. In fact, after tasting marriage, they find it hard to stay alone again. Unlike women who would rather enjoy companionship without commitment.

Stop fighting these men over registry. Tell him you don't want. Let him be the one to create thread and beg you to sign those lines. Stop begging them to see the usefulness in marriage. Stop answering stupid NL questions like "what can you offer man?" He has the option of remaining single or marrying a new yam.

You are the prize. grin grin
If he isn't giving you same energy, disembark.

You're judging the book by its cover.. She even want the marriage more than me, I always have my emotion on check when dealing with a woman.. do u know how many emotional trauma I don give am?? smiley Trust me she's even the one doing the chasing...

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by 1Sharon(f): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
Because she's 32 and a single mother of one, you'd expect her to throw herself at you jump at the opportunity to get married.

You're not used to getting this kind of reaction, hence you're perplexed.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ololade4:

You're judging the book by its cover.. She even want the marriage more than me, I always have my emotion on check when dealing with a woman..

But na you open thread?
You go explain tire. grin grin

do u know how many emotional trauma I don give am?? smiley Trust me she's even the one doing the chasing..

No wonder she no want your registry. She never enter finish you done dey give am TRAUMA. Hold your registry, make she get peace of mind.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Caaz: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:

But na you open thread?
The kwin yaff arrived....lolz

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Caaz:

The kwin yaff arrived....lolz

As I should, Caaz baby.
Once in a while we apply pressure. grin

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Caaz: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
This thread go lit pass ESPN.

abeg who get popcorn.
All the women on this forum should gather here for September rants....one brother is begging to be married by our sister for registry.

Women are the prize!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Caaz: 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:

As I should, Caaz baby.
Once in a while we apply pressure. grin
Piiif piiiif piiif piiiif
We cool their pressure.

Make we dey press them small small piiiif piiif piiiif.

That lady is smart olohun!

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
Caaz:

Piiif piiiif piiif piiiif
We cool their pressure.

Make we dey press them small small piiiif piiif piiiif.

That lady is smart olohun!

Make she fit send the werey back to his father's house as e dey hot. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Caaz: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Make she fit send the werey back to his father's house as e dey hot. grin
Mama dey thread carefully,she nor want make them carry her go where she nor know.the rain wey beat her before,she nor want make another rain with ice beat her again.

Women are always the prize.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pocohantas(f): 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
Caaz:

Mama dey thread carefully,she nor want make them carry her go where she nor know.the rain wey beat her before,she nor want make another rain with ice beat her again.

Women are always the prize.

Normal na. Even for Bible, David killed Uriah just because e wan collect Bathsheba. Trojan war was fought because of woman. Men have destroyed nations for woman.

All these ones crying that they don't benefit from marriage, na because they never see woman wey go show them love. Once they taste it, next thing na to dey post

"See how my wife fed me in 2023".
"How I got back at my wife (Prank)"
"My Wife and I on a Trip to Kuvuki"

grin grin grin

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ololade4:
β–  So we both agreed to go for registry then normal engagement and rest the case.. she later changed her mind, she doesn't want the court registry anymore (i am not move with this anyway, but why? Is she having another secret affairs elsewhere, or maybe she's thinking she may leave if things go south, like she doesn't want to get into a legal marriage that will hinder her from having choice in the nearest future, because I don't understand..).. She only want Engagement, without the court registry for now.
β–  Anytime her parents, especially her mom ask her about it in the wedding plan, she will tell her we will do it later in the future .
As a man in the first place I don't need to worry about this in the first place, because all this court marriage registration only favor the woman and I know most of them crave for it... But she... What is she up to??

Oboy, why you dey ask us this kain question? If she no wan marry again, ask her why and come tell us her answer. Obviously, her issue isn't with court marriage but seems to be with marriage with you altogether. She no wan make e dey her record say she marry you. Na you suppose tell us why. grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by doggedfighter(f): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:

But na you open thread?

No wonder she no want your registry. She never enter finish you done dey give am TRAUMA. Hold your registry, make she get peace of mind.

Poco on the beat grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Mindlog: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ololade4:

You're judging the book by its cover.. She even want the marriage more than me, I always have my emotion on check when dealing with a woman.. do u know how many emotional trauma I don give am?? smiley Trust me she's even the one doing the chasing...

Bragging about being the cause of your fiancΓ©e's emotional trauma is a waving red flag and a clear sign of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

You just reminded me of an undergraduate topic in my Marriage and Family Therapy course: Dating a Narcissist.

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Caaz: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Normal na. Even for Bible, David killed Uriah just because e wan collect Bathsheba. Trojan war was fought because of woman. Men have destroyed nations for woman.

All these ones crying that they don't benefit from marriage, na because they never see woman wey go show them love. Once they taste it, next thing na to dey post

"See how my wife fed me in 2023".
"How I got back at my wife (Prank)"
"My Wife and I on a Trip to Kuvuki"

grin grin grin
How my wife fed me with abacha ndi okija hahahaha apopto.sis the malignant.guest.

Na you end that guy career for Nairaland....you be sweet witch I swear.

Poco of laive....if you want dey savage eeh,you dey pinch your victims blokus small small.

You dey really dey keep up with kuvuki.

Where's ishilove sef.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man Finds Out His 32-Year-Old 'Son' Is Not His (Video) / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.