Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola (12155 Views)

Count Me Out Of Your Political Bias - Mary Odili Replies Critics / Osun Debt: Publish Loan Details, Procurement Dates – Omipidan Challenges Adeleke / Aregbesola, Oyetola Rift Deepens. As Loyalists Clash Over Osun Debt Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Raf4: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2022
This Aregbesola is so shameless. He practically bankrupted Osun state with unnecessary huge loans, while he owed salaries and pensions when he was the governor.
Whatever mess the State is inside now, you will always be the major culprit.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by vicshub(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2022
So Adeleke has been saying the truth since. Hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by grandstar(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2022
swaggerjack:

See the cargo airport Aregbesola tried to build.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/280924-investigation-why-osun-mko-abiola-airport-failed-2.html

Any state building an airport is just wasting money on a white elephant.

The demand for flights isn't sufficient to make them viable but they no go hear word.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Ayobeck(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2022
haconjy:
I can't imagine!
A thief dissociating himself from stealing....

I wish Peter Obi won,
Investigate Buhari stealing plus borrowing, there you will know that APC is a thief. Stealing runs in their blood...

Shut up jor.aregbesola is not a thief.the man really tried for osun best governor ever
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2022
Everyone claims to have left Osun debt free. I believe there are dates and documents to prove them right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by omowolewa: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2022
Except for the dates

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Archtype(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2022
I thought that they once denied it, I thought they said Adeleke doesn't know what he was saying and now they are shifting the blame to Aregbosola, why didn't they say so after Aregbosola handed over to them

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by rippa(m): 8:42am On Dec 19, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Count-me-out-of-Osun-debt-crisis-Aregbesola
na this rubbish urchins dey use compare the great OBI
obi met plenty debts from Ngige administration, he cleared all the debts without making noise about it despite been in different party. he started saving for the state without borrowing kobo. when others were borrowing money to loot, obi was busy saving for anambra

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by rippa(m): 8:47am On Dec 19, 2022
haconjy:
I can't imagine!

I wish Peter Obi won,
Investigate Buhari stealing plus borrowing, there you will know that APC is a thief. Stealing runs in their blood...
obi wont
he nor get time for dat
person wey nor gree probe Ngige, rather, he cleared all the debts ngige left. obi will start putting things right from day 1. nigeria better not miss him
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Bluntemperor: 8:52am On Dec 19, 2022
God1000:
This man contributed immensely to the current mess in osun state

Let him continue in self denial of what is so obvious to Osun People! Same with Amosun of debt accumulated in Ogun State!
Sebi Na few Months remaining for his office,nah!
May be he has completed all the fake promises he made as a Minister of Interior !
Nigeria Politicians no get shame sha,na the Youth we dey pity! The word shame no de their dictionary again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by miniziter(m): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2022
The Lagos people that built Lagos and Osun are already trying to deny their track records of debts. After giving our money in form of remittance to Lagos landlord.
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by swaggerjack: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2022
Bluntemperor:

Let him continue in self denial of what is so obvious to Osun People! Same with Amosun of debt accumulated in Ogun State!
Sebi Na few Months remaining for his office,nah!
May be he has completed all the fake promises he made as a Minister of Interior !
Nigeria Politicians no get shame sha,na the Youth we dey pity! The word shame no de their dictionary again!

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by theophorus(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2022
Uncle Aregbe, dont worry ooo.

Very soon the DMO will publish the Debt details and we would know who is lying and guilty of Debt accumulation.

Just enjoy your immunity etc...as minister of interior for now.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by SmartPolician: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2022
swaggerjack:

See the cargo airport Aregbesola tried to build.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/280924-investigation-why-osun-mko-abiola-airport-failed-2.html

Let's be fair - as governor, Aregbesola commissioned some of the best schools in Nigeria. It was later that I learnt that some of them were private schools.
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2022
Archtype:
I thought that they once denied it, I thought they said Adeleke doesn't know what he was saying and now they are shifting the blame to Aregbosola, why didn't they say so after Aregbosola handed over to them

You people need to read.

They didn't deny Osun's debt profile.

Oyetola said he was not the one that accumulated the loans that Adeleke mentioned. That it was Aregbesola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by HardMirror(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2022
Kingpele:
Wow the blame game continues
blame game? So qe should not get to the bottom of how over 400 billion naira was borrowed and yet nothing to show for it in osun state. I am from osun and i am happy Adeleke is exposing all these. Oyetola had been lying that osun had zero debt.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Jemex003: 9:19am On Dec 19, 2022
haconjy:
I can't imagine!

I wish Peter Obi won,

Yes he has Won on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by HardMirror(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2022
Archtype:
dont mind the liars

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2022
rippa:

na this rubbish urchins dey use compare the great OBI
obi met plenty debts from Ngige administration, he cleared all the debts without making noise about it despite been in different party. he started saving for the state without borrowing kobo. when others were borrowing money to loot, obi was busy saving for anambra

You people keep spreading this unverified claim that Obi cleared all debts.

As for not borrowing. It was because Obi never embarked on any massive capital project.

It was when he was leaving office that he did the same thing that Oyetola did? Award contracts without making provisions for their execution. He left billions in debt in uncompleted projects and made impromptu employment.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by dalexy101037(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2022
Ose Ba Kamo

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Heroicvic(m): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:

Shut up!!! Every time, cho cho cho. No be say e get anything wey you know. Ekpa!
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by PussyMiners: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2022
HardMirror:
blame game? So qe should not get to the bottom of how over 400 billion naira was borrowed and yet nothing to show for it in osun state. I am from osun and i am happy Adeleke is exposing all these. Oyetola had been lying that osun had zero debt.
Oyetola never said Osun has zero debt . It's a public knowledge that Osun is heavily indebted.
What Oyetola said was that he didn't take any bank facility throughout his tenure and that is the fact .

The 18 billion touted by the fat clown was 6 months budgetary support from the FG to all the 36 states of the Federation . Every state got that .

Why has the clueless administration of Adeleke not come out to debunk Omipidan's claims??
It's over a week and the Osun state government hasn't published the dates the so called loans were procured

2 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by gloryman91: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2022
Aregbe is failure jare.
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Heroicvic(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:

Shut up!!! Every time, cho cho cho. No be say e get anything wey you know. Ekpa!

Quoting from osogbo.. the fact that osun was modernize by aregbesola as he spent heavily to make the state meet up with other South Western States as it was lacking behind when he assume the throne as the governor can not be over emphasize

That being said, aregbesola contribute heavily to the debt of osun state as he took several loans when he was governor of the state from 2010 - 2018

Bottom line is "God help us all in this country"
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by rippa(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You people keep spreading this unverified claim that Obi cleared all debts.

As for not borrowing. It was because Obi never embarked on any massive capital project.

It was when he was leaving office that he did the same thing that Oyetola did? Award contracts without making provisions for their execution. He left billions in debt in uncompleted projects and made impromptu employment.
Lolz
I nor get ur time this morning
Obi did not do any project grin
Even fashola nor come close to obi in terms of peojects executed.
They both governed at the same time and were both in opposition parties APC and APGA
Go and check the numbers of awards obi won as gov.
Abeg good morning

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by baralatie(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2022
#400 billion in debt
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by futuregovernor: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2022
post=119264425:
Osun people........over the you guys.

Y'all know better than outsiders
If this was for PDP governor,you would have mastrbated and say trash

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by nedekid: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2022
Kingpele:
Wow the blame game continues
No how that state was not going to be in trouble. At one time I felt that state was richer than lagos and rivers joined together. Why? Guys I knew had political appointments there, the kind of monies they controlled, you cannot believe.
Talking of one person having eg 1 billion in just one account and having several acccts. How much then will higher folks have? Buying properties abroad and locally, concubines, wives etc. So I felt that state was so rich. Not knowing it was just loans.
This country cannot afford to have charlatans incharge. People with wealth without enterprise. Imagine how the PDP chairman blew 1.4b on accommodation allowance. Can someone that worked for money eg Obi spent that way?
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by jcross19: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2022
seunmsg:

So, how much is the long term loan and why should he be excluded from the loan conversation when the loan he took has not been fully liquidated?
lol APC are looting machines!!!??
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by IamAsiri: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2022
swaggerjack:

It never got completed.

Abi it never started grin grin grin.
Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Nuzo1(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2022
Osun borrowed about 400B in 12years.

Most, if not all the 400B was borrowed by Aregbesola.

But in all these, I rather apportion more of the mess to Oyetola for shielding Aregbe for 4 years. All Nigerian politicians are like this. Because of ulterior motives, they make the state account books a secret document. They shield their predecessors from EFCC so that their successors will also shield them after their looted tenure.

Adeleke is trying to do same now. He is trying to sheild Aregbe because they are now “friends”. Why trying to indict only Oyetola when you know Aregbe is the main culprit here?

Nigeria can’t go anywhere with this pattern.

3 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola by Archtype(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You people need to read.

They didn't deny Osun's debt profile.

Oyetola said he was not the one that accumulated the loans that Adeleke mentioned. That it was Aregbesola.
I was referring to their previous denial even at Channels TV Politics Today few weeks ago...they actually asked Adeleke to provide evidence of those debt and the real numbers and when he did they started shifting to Aregbesola again...they would have admitted it the whole thing at first rather than doing initial gra gra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) / 2023: Nigerians Waiting For PDP To Take Power – Atiku / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.