Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (99987 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by temitimx19(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
annass227:
Starlink Internet is good only if it works.
What state are you in?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:58am On Feb 25, 2023
annass227:

Even the AMERICANS paying 110$ per month don't get proper customer support, so they don't care, take it or leave it's up to you. That is there way of running the business.

The service is great there customer support is bad
Boss man I’ll so much appreciate you show us where you placed your device. Planning on using a 10 foot pole
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by 100ksalescom(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
annass227:
Starlink Internet is good only if it works.

I had same issue like yours, the screenshot you posted is similar to mine but it still didn't stop the internet connectivity though it was not as fast as I wanted.

If you mounted in a good location then spilt the Wifi to 2.4GHZ and 5GHz, connect to the 5GHz. That's what I did and it improved.

Reporting Live from Benin City kiss

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by temitimx19(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2023
100ksalescom:

I had same issue like yours, the screenshot you posted is similar to mine but it still didn't stop the internet connectivity though it was not as fast as I wanted.

If you mounted in a good location then spilt the Wifi to 2.4GHZ and 5GHz, connect to the 5GHz. That's what I did and it improved.

Reporting Live from Benin City kiss
Can you show us your download speed on playstore or any internet downloader. Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by drered(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2023
Paid with GTB dollar card and awaiting shipment. Done with the constant outages from MTN Hynet.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
myspace:

For my order, Starlink included 14 days free Internet that started counting from the day equipment was shipped. I got equipment 3 days after shipment so that translated to 11 free days.
As your trial is over, have you paid for the next month? Did they cut your internet immediately after the trial like 9ja networks would do?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by FelixFelicis(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
ask4bk:

As your trial is over, have you paid for the next month? Did they cut your internet immediately after the trial like 9ja networks would do?

Starlink residential says it would be available sometime in 2023 when I entered my service address, which is somewhere in Ogun state. Should I wait or is getting the Starlink RV an okay option? I think the RV monthly plan is $10 more expensive than the Residential plan but asides that can I later change the RV plan to Residential plan? Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
drered:
Paid with GTB dollar card and awaiting shipment. Done with the constant outages from MTN Hynet.
Big man have your unit been delivered or they shift am too?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2023
FelixFelicis:

Starlink residential says it would be available sometime in 2023 when I entered my service address, which is somewhere in Ogun state. Should I wait or is getting the Starlink RV an okay option? I think the RV monthly plan is $10 more expensive than the Residential plan but asides that can I later change the RV plan to Residential plan? Thanks
Residential will work in your place without any problem as long as you in Nigeria.
Advantage of RV is that you can take it anywhere in Nigeria and it will work. Not so for residential.
I use RV Service and pay 53usd.

If its for ur house alone get the residential
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by FelixFelicis(m): 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
ask4bk:

Residential will work in your place without any problem as long as you in Nigeria.
Advantage of RV is that you can take it anywhere in Nigeria and it will work. Not so for residential.

When I click the residential, it asks me to pre-order, it's not asking me to pay the full price. It says service will expand to my area in 2023, you understand that? I thought that was the reason you got RV instead of residential, cos residential service isn't available yet in your area?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by FelixFelicis(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
ask4bk:

Or you meant I should put a different address that has coverage in my service area and order, then change my service area when my Starlink device arrives to my real address and "rock" it like that??
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
FelixFelicis:
When I click the residential, it asks me to pre-order, it's not asking me to pay the full price. It says service will expand to my area in 2023, you understand that? I thought that was the reason you got RV instead of residential, cos residential service isn't available yet in your area?
For residential, you can choose any available service address within 10km radius of your actual address, it will work fine. There are quite a number of service addresses within Ijoko, Ogun state available for Starlink.

Alternatively, go for the RV and choose any available service address in Nigeria. Just know you will be paying $53/m, that's an additional $10 more than residential users in Nigeria.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by FelixFelicis(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
dustmalik:

For residential, you can choose any available service address within 10km of your actual address, it will work fine. There are quite a number of service addresses within Ijoko, Ogun state available for Starlink.

Alternatively, go for the RV. Just know you will be paying $53/m, that's an additional $10 more than residential users in Nigeria.
I'm dumb, I should have mentioned the rest of you in the the thread convo, thanks for the speedy response. I'll be looking for an address within 10km where it's available.

Alternatively, if I buy the RV service, can I later change it to residential? Or add a residential plan to my starlink account/kit using the starlink identifiier?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
FelixFelicis:
I'm dumb, I should have mentioned the rest of you in the the thread convo, thanks for the speedy response. I'll be looking for an address within 10km where it's available.

Alternatively, if I buy the RV service, can I later change it to residential? Or add a residential plan to my starlink account/kit using the starlink identifiier?
To convert from RV to residential, you will have to contact Starlink's customer support. Convertion from residential to RV can be done right from your account dashboard.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by FelixFelicis(m): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
dustmalik:

To convert from RV to residential, you will have to contact Starlink's customer support. Conversation from residential to RV can be done right from your account dashboard.
I've seen an address 3km from me that is available, you won't believe angry thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
FelixFelicis:
I've seen an address 3km from me that is available, you won't believe angry thanks for the info.
Fantastic 👍
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2023
FelixFelicis:

Now I get you. You put your GPS location to your home in ogun state and it tells you its not available in your area? In Nigeria? That's weird.

But normally, when you pay you don't pay full yet. You only pay 43usd and after some weeks u get a mail telling you your starlink is ready and that you should pay remaining money
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by drered(m): 6:15am On Mar 09, 2023
ibawon:

Big man have your unit been delivered or they shift am too?

No word on a postponement. Still preparing shipment till date, exhausting!. Still within the timeframe they gave me though.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
How true is this?
A Nigerian company offering to help with installment payments with Naira cards?

https://techcabal.com/2023/03/08/payfi-and-sdg-partner-to-offer-nigerians-starlink-device-purchases-in-instalments-with-naira-cards/
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
purplekayc:
How true is this?

https://techcabal.com/2023/03/08/payfi-and-sdg-partner-to-offer-nigerians-starlink-device-purchases-in-instalments-with-naira-cards/
Here is what i found on the supposed site, which i find to be total nonsense. It's best you order it yourself.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Mackie1(m): 5:44am On Mar 10, 2023
dustmalik:

Here is what i found on the supposed site, which i find to be total nonsense. It's best you order it yourself.
Yeah.. Saw that too, seems legit but 1.2M is ridiculous if they are serious about getting anyone to use their service
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2023
Mackie1:

Yeah.. Saw that too, seems legit but 1.2M is ridiculous if they are serious about getting anyone to use their service
Who taught this guy's business
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by annass227: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
purplekayc:
How true is this?

Starlink do Direct to customer type of business. So people should always take extra care when going outside of starlink boundaries.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brainware: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2023
Please what's the customer care line for starlink, I've ordered my hardware for over a month now, March 1st to be precise, am still seeing "in transit" from the DHL tracking page.. Please help
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
STARLINK KIT
STATUS
SHIPPED
TRACKING NUMBER
ORD-149XXXXXX
What type of order number is that.. I paid and ordered April 2nd and my order has been shipped

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
georgee:
STARLINK KIT
STATUS
SHIPPED
TRACKING NUMBER
What type of order number is that.. I paid and ordered April 2nd and my order has been shipped
Blur out your tracking number. That's how their tracking number is these days, it's same as the order number.

However, you can still get the 10digit tracking number by clicking on the tracking number in your Starlink account, it should lead you to the DHL track and trace site where you will find the 10digit tracking number.

By the way, yours is the fastest Starlink ship out i have seen.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
brainware:
Please what's the customer care line for starlink, I've ordered my hardware for over a month now, March 1st to be precise, am still seeing "in transit" from the DHL tracking page.. Please help
Track it here instead https://www.dhl.com/ng-en/home.htm
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2023
DustMalik wink
Guy, u should be working with Starlink ooo... How u take know this much about nitty gritty of Starlink grin
Order number blurred..

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
georgee:
DustMalik wink
Guy, u should be working with Starlink ooo... How u take know this much about nitty gritty of Starlink grin
Order number blurred..
grin grin grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
dustmalik:

Blur out your tracking number. That's how their tracking number is these days, it's same as the order number.

However, you can still get the 10digit tracking number by clicking on the tracking number in your Starlink account, it should lead you to the DHL track and trace site where you will find the 10digit tracking number.

By the way, yours is the fastest Starlink ship out i have seen.

Help me interprete this tracking order

Estimated delivery date na 4th April

Is this correct? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (55) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Gbam 5MB Daily Data Bonus Forum / Airtel 100 Naira 80 Mb

Viewing this topic: abbeyboy2o15(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.