Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96820 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2023
I ordered yesterday 2nd April and it will be delivered tomorrow 4th April shocked shocked shocked

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
georgee:

Help me interprete this tracking order

Estimated delivery date na 4th April

Is this correct? undecided
If you live in Lagos, then yes, you may likely get it tomorrow.

Here is what you should do so as not to have any challenge.

Use the 10digit tracking number and track here https://www.dhl.com/ng-en/home.htm , while there, there's a provision to update your shipping details with your phone number and email so as to receive notification of your shipment progress, update it this night. If you don't do that, the DHL delivery person will not be able to contact you tomorrow. Then the item will be returned to the DHL office serving your area. Which means you will have to go there with a government issued ID to collect it.

This doesn't happen if your Starlink is shipped from the US, but those shipped from their Lagos warehouse have this challenge because they don't state your phone number on the shipping label.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
georgee:
I ordered yesterday 2nd April and it will be delivered tomorrow 4th April shocked shocked shocked
That's because it was shipped from Starlink Nigeria, not from the US. Like I said in my previous post, yours is the fastest ship out we have seen so far.

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
Hello George, when did you pre-order?
Do anyone know the average time on Waitlist before availability?
georgee:
STARLINK KIT
STATUS
SHIPPED
TRACKING NUMBER
ORD-149XXXXXX
What type of order number is that.. I paid and ordered April 2nd and my order has been shipped
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
aby4real:
Hello George, when did you pre-order?
Do anyone know the average time on Waitlist before availability?

I Pre-Ordered Sunday April 2nd and got it delivered today April 4th

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 8:09am On Apr 05, 2023
So you were not on the Waitlist at all, if you don't mind, which location did you use to Order?
georgee:

I Pre-Ordered Sunday April 2nd and got it delivered today April 4th
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2023
aby4real:
So you were not on the Waitlist at all, if you don't mind, which location did you use to Order?

I ordered with a nearby address close to my house in Surulere (The nearby address is not on wait list)

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 8:34am On Apr 05, 2023
Oh! Now I get it, but how many meters away can you search with and still be sure you'll get connection at your place, or how do you intend to use it?
georgee:

I ordered with a nearby address close to my house in Surulere (The nearby address is not on wait list)
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2023
aby4real:
Oh! Now I get it, but how many meters away can you search with and still be sure you'll get connection at your place, or how do you intend to use it?

Intend to use it kwaa.. Something I av set up last night and blazing since last night till now... Na on top my car e dey oo.. I am waiting for my engineer mk we mount am for roof..

I think less than 5Km radius from your original address

See speed below grin

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Nice one...
Found a location 2.9km away from me, just placed order, they said it will be shipped between 12th to 18th. Fingers crossed.
georgee:

Intend to use it kwaa.. Something I av set up last night and blazing since last night till now... Na on top my car e dey oo.. I am waiting for my engineer mk we mount am for roof..

I think less than 5Km radius from your original address

See speed below grin

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
So my question here for current owners, how does this perform on a rainy day? Does it suffer any outages like we have for DSTV?

Secondly, how does the subscription work? I am looking to have it as a backup Internet plan for WFH. I'm looking to leave it unsubscribed until my primary has an outage then I can quickly subscribe and switch to it. Would that be something doable?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:
So my question here for current owners, how does this perform on a rainy day? Does it suffer any outages like we have for DSTV?

Secondly, how does the subscription work? I am looking to have it as a backup Internet plan for WFH. I'm looking to leave it unsubscribed until my primary has an outage then I can quickly subscribe and switch to it. Would that be something doable?
@airsay..long time... I hail ooo...

I think same account u used in purchasing will be debited for subsequent sub.. Just leave $43 in the account and it will be debited auto when due.

If money is not dia and is due date, I think u will be cut off

For the rain aspect, it is still sunny... Will observe during rainy season and revert
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2023
aby4real:
Nice one...
Found a location 2.9km away from me, just placed order, they said it will be shipped between 12th to 18th. Fingers crossed.

Expect it to be shipped 9th...i know same in my case... Was shipped 2 days before my due shipping date

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
georgee:

@airsay..long time... I hail ooo...

I think same account u used in purchasing will be debited for subsequent sub.. Just leave $43 in the account and it will be debited auto when due.

If money is not dia and is due date, I think u will be cut off

For the rain aspect, it is still sunny... Will observe during rainy season and revert

Thanks for the info. This one wey u call my name laidis so, e mean say I suppose know you o.

So it's looking like ₦500k startup and approx ₦35k monthly. Any idea of the length of the cable?

I've got a nagging worry that there would be signal wipe out when it rains. And that would not play nice for what I want to use it for.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Thanks for the info. This one wey u call my name laidis so, e mean say I suppose know you o.

So it's looking like ₦500k startup and approx ₦35k monthly. Any idea of the length of the cable?

I've got a nagging worry that there would be signal wipe out when it rains. And that would not play nice for what I want to use it for.

Yea... We don relate well well for nairaland.. Na correct guy u be

I paid $587 using Klasha App (763\$)
I initially bought $57 ethernet adapter, but I cancelled the payment when I discovered the Starlink dey pull very strong speed for my sitting (where the router dey) and my bedroom upstairs wia my other TV and second android box dey

Now the dish has been placed on my roof from the manhole. The router is now in my bedroom. My installer bore a hole through my bedroom roof(P.O.P) where the wire was drawn to connect with the router in same bedroom... So speed is massive in my bedroom and very decent downstairs in the sitting room

Rain never start for here, so wouldn't know aw far during rainy season

Length of the cable that came with the dish is 75ft and still thinking if I should still re-order that starlink adapter undecided
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
It's important you note that if you get the Residential, when it cuts you off, joining again will be based on availability in your area, except you there's capacity in a place near you. But if you are looking at getting it for Backup, you can consider the Roam.

Subscribe to Residential if:

You need the fastest connection possible (e.g., for data-intensive work like video editing)
You rarely travel and mostly stay at your registered service address
You want what can essentially be defined as unlimited data (as RV customers cannot purchase Priority Access)

Subscribe to Roam/RV if:

You need a reliable connection outside of your home address
You want to access the internet while in motion
You need to pause your subscription
You plan to travel abroad and take your hardware with you (RV works on boats, for example)
You don’t need consistent access to high-speed (!) internet
You are comfortable paying up to $150 per month
You need access to a functioning internet connection immediately (since there’s no waitlist for Roam users)

airsaylongcome:

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by fetxtra: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
Please can starlink be use in an office with over 20 connected system per time??
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by fetxtra: 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
aby4real:
It's important you note that if you get the Residential, when it cuts you off, joining again will be based on availability in your area, except you there's capacity in a place near you. But if you are looking at getting it for Backup, you can consider the Roam.

You need the fastest connection possible (e.g., for data-intensive work like video editing)
You want what can essentially be defined as unlimited data (as RV customers cannot purchase Priority Access)

Subscribe to Roam/RV if:

You plan to travel abroad and take your hardware with you (RV works on boats, for example)
You need access to a functioning internet connection immediately (since there’s no waitlist for Roam users)

Please can starlink be use in an office with over 20 connected system per time??
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
fetxtra:

Yes, according to its specification, 128 devices can connect to it at a time
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
georgee:
I ordered for someone in Niger state far away Kontagora. He got it after 4 days. Omo, it surprised me.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
aby4real:

Subscribe to Roam/RV if:

I use roam here in Niger state. I get 260mbps in my bush.
Roam gets full speed. They only reduce it when the area is full and then they give priority to residentials and reduce our own.
If that doesn't happen, we get full speed always at peak hours

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
It finally came in today following delay due to the holiday.
But the speed has not been more than 50MBps. Not sure if it's because it's 2.9 meters away from actual Service address or it's the place I kept the dish. I have tried the 5GHz Wifi as well, no noticeable improvement. Then it's been worse since it started raining this evening. Was even offline for some minutes. Still observing tho'...

georgee:

Expect it to be shipped 9th...i know same in my case... Was shipped 2 days before my due shipping date

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
aby4real:
It finally came in today following delay due to the holiday.
But the speed has not been more than 50MBps. Not sure if it's because it's 2.9 meters away from actual Service address or it's the place I kept the dish. I have tried the 5GHz Wifi as well, no noticeable improvement. Then it's been worse since it started raining this evening. Was even offline for some minutes. Still observing tho'...

U will be fine... Just give it time to gather up... U will be pulling over 100Mbs by tomorrow..

The rain disturbed me a little as well but quickly picked up after a while... Not as bad as I was made to believe

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IamR: 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
dustmalik:

That's because it was shipped from Starlink Nigeria, not from the US. Like I said in my previous post, yours is the fastest ship out we have seen so far.
Pls do you have Starlink Nigeria's contact number? I want to buy the Ethernet Adapter.
Thank you.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IamR: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
lawrence732:
Any one that have information about the SpaceX office here in Lagos.
You contact on whatsapp number 08055076837
I will really appreciate it.
Thanks
Pls did you get the contact?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
IamR:

Pls do you have Starlink Nigeria's contact number? I want to buy the Ethernet Adapter.
Thank you.
Starlink doesn't have contact number. The only to reach them is via the app.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IamR: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
dustmalik:

Starlink doesn't have contact number. The only to reach them is via the app.
Thank you.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by babsdeejay77: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2023
Good Morning everyone

I ordered my Starlink device in February but couldn't set it up before I traveled, i just got back now and realized I realized i have accumulated an $84 debt on it because I did not cancel my service plan.

The problem now is that I am trying to make payment of the $84 with the same card I used to order the device but it is not going through. I even used virtual dollar cards but it has been declining too

Please how are you been paying the monthly subscription fee?

Thank you
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by aby4real(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2023
The issue is usually from Starlink side, I had similar difficulty with payment, because I attempted to use different card after a failed payment. I was able to resolve the issue by contacting their support team. It takes time tho' but it's the surest way.
babsdeejay77:
Good Morning everyone

I ordered my Starlink device in February but couldn't set it up before I traveled, i just got back now and realized I realized i have accumulated an $84 debt on it because I did not cancel my service plan.

The problem now is that I am trying to make payment of the $84 with the same card I used to order the device but it is not going through. I even used virtual dollar cards but it has been declining too

Please how are you been paying the monthly subscription fee?

Thank you
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brainware: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2023
Please oo, am having some ish.. Same card I used in purchasing is not working for subscription.. Who has experienced and tackled this issue? Pls help
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2023
brainware:
Please oo, am having some ish.. Same card I used in purchasing is not working for subscription.. Who has experienced and tackled this issue? Pls help
Leave $43 inside the account and go to bed
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brainware: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2023
georgee:

Leave $43 inside the account and go to bed
I've done that.. Just waiting for them to take the money like a thief in the night.. Meanwhile I got a message that my hardware is faulty, they are preparing shipment for another kit to me, I should prep the one am using for return.. Elon musk and him organization na mad people full am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (51) (Reply)

If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo) / Free And Easy Way To Get Ur 2go Password And Username Back / Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.