Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (95832 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 5:50am On Jan 25
xristos:
Starlink website seem to be down as at time of this message....
It's up now
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Moboj: 10:52am On Jan 27
ibawon:

It has been said multiple times here. Do not buy from 3rd party vendors in here in Nigeria. Starlink allows it but most sell at crazy prices and were purchased fraudulently. Once you buy then you realize you can't activate them. RUN!!!

I know someone selling starlink at the moment, not fraudulent at all, has just very few units
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by civilserva: 9:02pm On Jan 27
BadMaster:
Imagine these guys 👆 up there selling Starlink kit for #1.45 million. These are the people that made Starlink to implement some restrictions on their services here in Nigeria.

Would you mind sharing these restrictions for some of us preparing to buy?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ladech(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28
How did you make payment?
telim:
I ordered starlink last week and the kit is already in lagos. Waiting to receive a call from dhl today or tomorrow.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by nitroboi: 3:43pm On Jan 29
I just successfully paid for mine now, after trying repeatedly for over 2 weeks. Let me drop some helpful tips and what I tried eventually

1. I think all cards works, whether Naira or Dollar, I tried Zenith Master, Access Visa (Virtual), GT master, etc.. They will all work depending on the timing I think and maybe, Luck. So no need paying in dollar, you'd cheat yourself.

2. I used the map to locate my apartment and also edited the shipping address in addition to the coordinates. So I had the coordinates and also my full address when I was done.

3. They would show that they will only debit 32,000 and eventually debit the rest, but make sure you have at least 400k in the bank account/card you're trying to pay from because they debited everything once from my account but on my order/starlink account, they showed the 32,000 on my account. So have the account fully funded.

4. IMPORTANT: Use your browsers incognito mode while trying to place the order. Only incognito mode

FYI. ordered from Abuja. (Don't think it really matters though)

I hope this helps somebody...

All the best...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29
nitroboi:
I just successfully paid for mine now, after trying repeatedly for over 2 weeks. Let me drop some helpful tips and what I tried eventually

1. I think all cards works, whether Naira or Dollar, I tried Zenith Master, Access Visa (Virtual), GT master, etc.. They will all work depending on the timing I think and maybe, Luck. So no need paying in dollar, you'd cheat yourself.

2. I used the map to locate my apartment and also edited the shipping address in addition to the coordinates. So I had the coordinates and also my full address when I was done.

3. They would show that they will only debit 32,000 and eventually debit the rest, but make sure you have at least 400k in the bank account/card you're trying to pay from because they debited everything once from my account but on my order/starlink account, they showed the 32,000 on my account. So have the account fully funded.

4. IMPORTANT: Use your browsers incognito mode while trying to place the order. Only incognito mode

All the best...
And I can't comprehend why some people still want to sell this at over a million, is there something we're missing?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:17am On Jan 30
ibawon:

And I can't comprehend why some people still want to sell this at over a million, is there something we're missing?
Don't mind them.. Naija will always represent negatively
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 8:37pm On Jan 30
All i can say is i had 100% positive experience with Starlink.

5 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:03pm On Jan 30
nitroboi:

All the best...
Paid on Saturday and around 400k was debited but only 32k shows in my account. It hasn't shown me order status or the other amount debited. Does it normally take this long for them to ship it and for it to reflect on my account?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 7:06pm On Feb 01
morikee:
All i can say is i had 100% positive experience with Starlink.
I thought I was alone getting 360mbps

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by temitimx19(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01
Hello house. Has anyone been having trouble renewing their subscription.. Starlink sent me a message that they can not process my renewal, I have tired gtbank and access cards and they didn't work
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by denip: 8:28pm On Feb 02
I am thinking of getting a starlink at my place of work which is 50km from my house due to the remoteness of my location. When i change location back to my house in three months time, will the starlink still work at the new location or i will have to inform customer care? Please help
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 8:19am On Feb 03
denip:

I am thinking of getting a starlink at my place of work which is 50km from my house due to the remoteness of my location. When i change location back to my house in three months time, will the starlink still work at the new location or i will have to inform customer care? Please help
I replied you on the other thread. You just have to change address and that's it
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 8:59am On Feb 03
What does this mean?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by directonpc(m): 9:05am On Feb 03
telim:
I ordered starlink last week and the kit is already in lagos. Waiting to receive a call from dhl today or tomorrow.

lucky you. My order for cable took 20 days to ship :')
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by directonpc(m): 9:06am On Feb 03
udatso:
What does this mean?
I have no idea but message their support. You may get faster response than here.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by denip: 10:09am On Feb 03
ibawon:

I replied you on the other thread. You just have to change address and that's it
Oh! Ok. I didn't see it. Thank you for both replies
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 6:48pm On Feb 03
directonpc:

I have no idea but message their support. You may get faster response than here.
I have since a day before yesterday. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lionkingonfire: 7:01am On Feb 04
Same here. Looks like if it's pre order you might not be getting it soon. I messaged support and they couldn't help me since it's pre order.

I am now considering buying from black market
udatso:
What does this mean?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Realdeals(m): 9:53am On Feb 04
If you purchase from either Lagos or Abuja, 32k will be deducted and considered as Pre-order. Starlink claim the two town have reached capacity, and will be expanded in the future (not stated).

I ordered since last year, I'm still waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 6:32pm On Feb 04
lionkingonfire:
Same here. Looks like if it's pre order you might not be getting it soon. I messaged support and they couldn't help me since it's pre order.

If your location has reached capacity and Starlink has rightly informed you so, why would you go ahead to buy from the Black market? How does that resolve your location challenge?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lionkingonfire: 7:03pm On Feb 04
BadMaster:

If your location has reached capacity and Starlink has rightly informed you so, why would you go ahead to buy from the Black market? How does that resolve your location challenge?
So what do I do if I need starlink ASAP ?, the other guy pre ordered since last year and is still waiting
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 7:49pm On Feb 04
lionkingonfire:

So what do I do if I need starlink ASAP ?, the other guy pre ordered since last year and is still waiting
Do you know what it means by a location reaching Capacity? It means you can't use your address as a service address with Starlink no matter where you get your Starlink from.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:15pm On Feb 04
BadMaster:

Do you know what it means by a location reaching Capacity? It means you can't use your address as a service address with Starlink no matter where you get your Starlink from.
Gbam
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:34pm On Feb 04
lionkingonfire:

This is exhausting. You mean you have been on pre-order since 13th January and mine is since 27th and i am even complaining. If i am buying from a shop, I hope i won't encounter address issues or something?

To the Gurus in the house, what are the demerits of buying from shop instead of order? Also, how do i change my current status from Pre-order to Proper Order so I can get my device fast?

@telim and @directonpc was your order at anytime showing Order status closed or preorder? Was the over 400k debited all at once or it was only 32k that was debited and the the remaining balance after it was shipped. Please help me so I can make up my mind by tomorrow whether to proceed, cancel and request refund, buy from shop or try Dotmac Network here in Abuja.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 10:53pm On Feb 04
Finally they responded.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by telim: 10:55pm On Feb 04
udatso:

This is exhausting. You mean you have been on pre-order since 13th January and mine is since 27th and i am even complaining. If i am buying from a shop, I hope i won't encounter address issues or something?

To the Gurus in the house, what are the demerits of buying from shop instead of order? Also, how do i change my current status from Pre-order to Proper Order so I can get my device fast?

@telim and @directonpc was your order at anytime showing Order status closed or preorder? Was the over 400k debited all at once or it was only 32k that was debited and the the remaining balance after it was shipped. Please help me so I can make up my mind by tomorrow whether to proceed, cancel and request refund, buy from shop or try Dotmac Network here in Abuja.
order status was displaying pending on starlink website even when i recieved a tracking number via sms from dhl the status was still pending.

N394,700 was deducted from my account few minutes after i submitted my card details on the 11th of january 2024 and got the tracking code from dhl via sms on 20th of January 2024 and the package got delivered to me on the 23rd of January 2024.

32K was debited from my account 2 days after i installed starlink.

There is nothing like starlink in Nigeria. It is very stable with good speed, much better than the useless expensive 5g we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 11:37pm On Feb 04
telim:

order status was displaying pending on starlink website even when i recieved a tracking number via sms from dhl the status was still pending.

N394,700 was deducted from my account few minutes after i submitted my card details on the 11th of january 2024 and got the tracking code from dhl via sms on 20th of January 2024 and the package got delivered to me on the 23rd of January 2024.

32K was debited from my account 2 days after i installed starlink.

There is nothing like starlink in Nigeria. It is very stable with very good speed, much better than the useless expensive 5g we have in Nigeria.
Thanks so much. There is hope for me. Let me give them another week let's see if anything changes.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by directonpc(m): 1:19am On Feb 05
udatso:

I wonder why it's so hard for you to contact customer care. You get money to give greedy black marketers sha
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 9:21pm On Feb 05
directonpc:

I wonder why it's so hard for you to contact customer care. You get money to give greedy black marketers sha
As starlink dey delay me , how I go do ? I don contact them sha, they have replied
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iamphilips(m): 9:21am On Feb 07
100units of Brand New Starlink kit available
(No Account)
Price: 900k each
Discount for bulk purchase
Pickup location: Ikeja Computer Village

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 7:30pm On Feb 08
iamphilips:
100units of Brand New Starlink kit available
(No Account)
Price: 900k each
Discount for bulk purchase
Pickup location: Ikeja Computer Village
Care to explain how a device of just over 400k with shipping and subscription fee became 900k?

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.