Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,950 members, 7,863,378 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (110891 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by justinguru(m): 5:22pm On May 26
Yes i got a new card from UBA and tried it sometime around 2am and it worked
omigiekiel:

Please have you been able to pay the 38k, I bought from Jumia and I’m facing same thing
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:17pm On May 26
tivta:
Anyone with first hand experience on Airtel unlimited business plan?

This is a starlink thread

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by windvane(m): 7:01am On May 27
Sageadomichael:
BlackView BV9100 for sale
Mild Gaming device
4G RAM/64GB ROM
13000mah battery capacity
Waterproof & Dustproof
No Issues

Price - 80k
Location - Ikoyi, Lagos
WhatsApp 09019178056
do u still have this?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 11:59am On May 28
So I deposited 32k for starlink residential plan since it is not available at my location. I am considering switching and buying hardware for the roaming plan but I want to know if I can switch to residential with the same hardware when it is available. Also, for anyone on roam plan, what is the max speed you get?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 2:46am On May 29
Starlink is currently down. From the comments I’m seeing on X(Twitter) and Reddit, I believe it’s all over the world
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 3:06am On May 29
otis54:
Starlink is currently down. From the comments I’m seeing on X(Twitter) and Reddit, I believe it’s all over the world
Finally back online after over 20minutes. This is my first time experiencing such with Starlink. I actually liked the fact that they quickly acknowledged the issue on x and were quick to resolve it too

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 4:02am On May 29
I saw billing update and fear enter me 🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️🙆🏾‍♂️.
I thought they have finally seen our fallen naira state and wanted to increase the amount we pay in naira.
As I read through, I was just relaxed ehn.

No more billing after 7 days of notification on your billing date.
Once your date reaches they charge you next day if I got them right

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Leun: 11:45am On May 29
iAmTestedOsic:

I started off with the "Regional Plan" but after that month, I switched to the "Standard Plan". I have attached the pricing for both in the attachment below.

which state are you located?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 7:34pm On May 29
Leun:

which state are you located?
Lagos, sir/ma

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tivta(m): 8:22pm On May 29
As Spotify and other online services increase their subscription charges, I won't be surprised if starlink does the same all thanks to balabalu...
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Leun: 9:11am On May 30
iAmTestedOsic:

Lagos, sir/ma

When did you migrate to residential, I'm still on roaming
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by sonickay(m): 12:42pm On May 31
What does being at full capacity really mean? People have been telling me it means I can order and its got me very confused
BadMaster:

If your location has reached capacity and Starlink has rightly informed you so, why would you go ahead to buy from the Black market? How does that resolve your location challenge?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 2:29pm On May 31
odimbannamdi:

I don't understand why you will want to switch off your solar system when you go out. Your controllers need to be on to continue charging your batteries when you go out. Also, don't you have appliances (like refrigerators) that need to stay on even in your absence? Solar-inverter systems are designed to stay on for days, weeks and even months uninterrupted.

If you are worried about energy conservation when you go out, then put off ALL the appliances and energy points in your house and leave only the socket that powers the Starlink on.
Exactly.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 2:43pm On May 31
Koko254:

Thanks I will go for the delta 2 ecoflow it's about 700k, use it as ups for the starlink, maybe when I'm going out for like an hour or 2, the ecoflow will power it till I get back. Most people will leave their solar on but this is just me I dont like the idea if leaving my solar on when I'm not in the house.

All my CCtv use a separate solar, they came will small panels

Even my electricity fence have a separate solar, it's always on standby

And I use a solar water pumping machine, I got it for about 550k and two separate panels, so it works on its own it doesn't depend on the main house solar system

When there is no water it's automatically pump the water and stop when the water reaches the sensor level

Why are you bent on wasting money, resources and time? Your current solar installation can take care of your Starlink nau angry
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 2:44pm On May 31
odimbannamdi:
him get the money. Leave am make him flex am
He fit use that money flex buy gifts for him parents and family na.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 4:10pm On May 31
sonickay:
What does being at full capacity really mean? People have been telling me it means I can order and its got me very confused
It means that the hexagonal area has reached a set number of Starlink units activated, determined by Starlink. There can be quite a number of hexagonal areas in each state. You can see these areas on the Starlink map. Here's the link starlink.com/map.

States like Lagos, Abuja and Kano have mostly reached capacity. This only applies to the Standard/Residential plan. You can, however, bypass this restriction by subscribing to the more expensive mobile/roaming plan.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xtremeidea(m): 6:53am On Jun 01
Hello Guys,

I just got my Starlink device. I'm trying to set up but can only find the roaming plan available for Okota, Lagos.

Please how is the speed of the roaming plan? is it worth it or should i just hold on activation for now.

Someone mentioned that the roaming plan doesn't have decent speed, can someone please confirm this.

Is it worth it? should i keep it or return it and get a refund?

Please I need your advice.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 10:18am On Jun 01
xtremeidea:
Hello Guys,

I just got my Starlink device. I'm trying to set up but can only find the roaming plan available for Okota, Lagos.

Please how is the speed of the roaming plan? is it worth it or should i just hold on activation for now.

Someone mentioned that the roaming plan doesn't have decent speed, can someone please confirm this.

If you can afford the roaming plan, go ahead and activate it. Starlink might not expand its capacity in Lagos.

In Nigeria, I very much doubt there's difference in speed between Residential and Roaming.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xtremeidea(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01
BadMaster:

If you can afford the roaming plan, go ahead and activate it. Starlink might not expand its capacity in Lagos.

In Nigeria, I very much doubt there's difference in speed between Residential and Roaming.

Thanks for the advise. i wish i know what the speed looks like. I'm a very heavy user and i got starlink cuz of the advertised speed. undecided undecided
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brightk(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01
xtremeidea:

Thanks for the advise. i wish i know what the speed looks like. I'm a very heavy user and i got starlink cuz of the advertised speed. undecided undecided

i have seen speeds of 120mbpd...
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brightk(m): 3:28pm On Jun 01
xtremeidea:

i have seen speeds of 120mbps
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xtremeidea(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01
brightk:
i have seen speeds of 120mbps

Thats fair. Roaming plan in Lagos?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brightk(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01
xtremeidea:

Thats fair. Roaming plan in Lagos?
roaming plans in warri
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Sankabson(m): 11:16am On Jun 02
Interested in getting this device. Please, how good it is in Ibadan and how much can I get it here ?

It is also advisable to get a used one ?

Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02
xtremeidea:
Hello Guys,

Is it possible to confirm whether my location has maxed out the normal Residential plan and only have the roaming option before I purchase?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xtremeidea(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02
odimbannamdi:

Is it possible to confirm whether my location has maxed out the normal Residential plan and only have the roaming option before I purchase?

i think so, check here - https://www.starlink.com/ng/map

or u can inpute adding your address here - https://www.starlink.com/ng/residential

Didnt know till after i bought

For Lagos, or some part of Abuja, residential may not be available for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02
Koko254:

Thanks I will go for the delta 2 ecoflow it's about 700k, use it as ups for the starlink, maybe when I'm going out for like an hour or 2, the ecoflow will power it till I get back. Most people will leave their solar on but this is just me I dont like the idea if leaving my solar on when I'm not in the house.

All my CCtv use a separate solar, they came will small panels

Even my electricity fence have a separate solar, it's always on standby

And I use a solar water pumping machine, I got it for about 550k and two separate panels, so it works on its own it doesn't depend on the main house solar system

When there is no water it's automatically pump the water and stop when the water reaches the sensor level

Does the ecoflow have warranty?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Babatunde360: 8:44am On Jun 03
The speed of the Roaming plan is not as good as the Residential, we use it at my office on a good day we get around 30-40mbps, it's usually around 10-20mbps, on their website the Roaming plan speed is caped at around 50mbps.
BadMaster:

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tituswag(m): 6:15am On Jun 04
Please do starlink charge automatically my payment due date is June 11 and I am trying to make payment before then but it is not showing make payment. I want to know if they will charge my card directly on that due date pls I need help with this.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by 606thearena: 7:53am On Jun 04
tituswag:
Please do starlink charge automatically my payment due date is June 11 and I am trying to make payment before then but it is not showing make payment. I want to know if they will charge my card directly on that due date pls I need help with this.

Use kuda it’s a seamless transaction
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:05am On Jun 04
tituswag:
The card you registered on your profile will be debited auto on your due date

Get it funded and worry less cool
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04
tituswag:
Go to Starlink dot com and login
Click on MY ACCOUNT
You will see BALANCE DUE (38,000 or 49,000) which ever plan you’re on
Click on MAKE A PAYMENT
The money will be deducted from your card and your BALANCE DUE will revert to 0

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (Reply)

Airtel APN On Universal Modem / Download Mymtn App And Get 500MB Free Data / How To See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.