Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (107171 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:09am On May 12
ibietela2:
I don enter once chance I guess.
It’s well.

Please send a mail to Jumia asap, and threaten to raise so much awareness if this issue is not resolved. If doesn't get resolved, open a thread on Nairaland, create a post on Jumia and LinkedIn, warning people.

Meanwhile, are you Kingsley Ibietela on Facebook? I remember you from our blogging days... grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:18am On May 12
odimbannamdi:

Please send a mail to Jumia asap, and threaten to raise so much awareness if this issue is not resolved. If doesn't get resolved, open a thread on Nairaland, create a post on Jumia and LinkedIn, warning people.

Meanwhile, are you Kingsley Ibietela on Facebook? I remember you from our blogging days... grin

Yes, its me and still blogging.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:57am On May 12
ibietela2:
I don enter once chance I guess.
It’s well.

After multiple tries of which I had to create a new account, I have now activated it. This is being posted with the starlink connection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by EzeMarvis(m): 11:37am On May 12
ibietela2:

You did not say anything o

Sorry didn’t see it. It’s very nice
I didn’t have any problems with setups or payments. I only needed someone to help me mount it on the roof after I did everything my self. Trust me you won’t regret having SL
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 11:41am On May 12
EzeMarvis:

Sorry didn’t see it. It’s very nice
I didn’t have any problems with setups or payments. I only needed someone to help me mount it on the roof after I did everything my self. Trust me you won’t regret having SL

I have done it after 2 days battle, on the ground its doing 120/150 to 180.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 12:52pm On May 12
currently raining

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 6:20pm On May 12
ibietela2:

Yes, its me and still blogging.

Cool. Weldone bro. Nice to meet you here

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:06pm On May 12
odimbannamdi:

Cool. Weldone bro. Nice to meet you here

Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:07pm On May 12
People wey Parapet dey their house, how una take pass the cable?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 10:25pm On May 12
ibietela2:
People wey Parapet dey their house, how una take pass the cable?

In my case, from roof into a trunk down the side of the building to ground floor. The into drilled hole; out the sitting room tv console.
75foot cable finish; had only about 5 inches of slack left. The replacement Starlink is sending is coming with a 50-foot cable. I am still thinking of the magic to avoid paying 87k for a longer cable or relocating the router to the first floor.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:46am On May 13
QuoteJust1nce:

In my case, from roof into a trunk down the side of the building to ground floor. The into drilled hole; out the sitting room tv console.
75foot cable finish; had only about 5 inches of slack left. The replacement Starlink is sending is coming with a 50-foot cable. I am still thinking of the magic to avoid paying 87k for a longer cable or relocating the router to the first floor.

Plan on using my tank stand + window, I don’t want complicated stuff especially entering ceiling
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Zulum: 11:40am On May 13
i want to pay for my starlink monthly subscription, but i noticed that the amount was increased to N76,000 . pls is there any change in the price?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 11:56am On May 13
Send back the new cable?
QuoteJust1nce:

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 12:23pm On May 13
Zulum:
i want to pay for my starlink monthly subscription, but i noticed that the amount was increased to N76,000 . pls is there any change in the price?

Dear sir, please how do you subscribe. Having issues with making payments. Kuda payment was not successful. Please kindly assist.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 12:28pm On May 13
Ayomipoe:
Send back the new cable?

You are advised to replace everything completely, router and cables (data cable, power cable), with the new lot.
Well except for the stand (base) cos' that one is purely mechanical & in my case is permanently fixed; cannot be removed without significant damage.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 12:38pm On May 13
Zulum:

AFAIK, Nope!
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Zulum: 12:43pm On May 13
damesilver:

Dear sir, please how do you subscribe. Having issues with making payments. Kuda payment was not successful. Please kindly assist.

moniepoint verve card
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 1:09pm On May 13
How can this be gotten? I used Kuda app. I was told only Kuda app or GTb card can make payment.

How can I go about the moniepoint verve card? Thanks.

Zulum:

moniepoint verve card
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Zulum: 2:34pm On May 13
damesilver:

How can this be gotten? I used Kuda app. I was told only Kuda app or GTb card can make payment.

How can I go about the moniepoint verve card? Thanks.

REQUEST ON THE BANKING APP
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 2:39pm On May 13
Zulum:

REQUEST ON THE BANKING APP

Thanks alot.

The issue is I don't have a moniepoint account and CBN has restricted opening new account. If sub be done by proxy, could you oblige to help make payment from your side. Or if there is another way to go about the moniepoint of a thing.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 8:37am On May 14
damesilver:

Thanks alot.

The issue is I don't have a moniepoint account and CBN has restricted opening new account. If sub be done by proxy, could you oblige to help make payment from your side. Or if there is another way to go about the moniepoint of a thing.
Try Chipper, also ensure the name, service and delivery address match with what you have as your bank details. It was also difficult for me as well.
To put it simply, I created another account on my starlink account then used the said account to make the payment.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 10:01am On May 14
iAmTestedOsic:

Try Chipper, also ensure the name, service and delivery address match with what you have as your bank details. It was also difficult for me as well.
To put it simply, I created another account on my starlink account then used the said account to make the payment.

Thanks for your response sir.
Not gotten through yet but will keep trying.

If I ma ask how much is the subscription now. Maybe the amount in there is small to the actual fee ( Kuda, N50,000), hence the decline.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 10:52am On May 14
damesilver:

If I ma ask how much is the subscription now. Maybe the amount in there is small to the actual fee ( Kuda, N50,000), hence the decline.
I started off with the "Regional Plan" but after that month, I switched to the "Standard Plan". I have attached the pricing for both in the attachment below.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 1:01pm On May 14
QuoteJust1nce:

Common, nobody was bashing him. In fact, in some forums e.g SO, Reddit etc, the comment would get downvoted or even deleted if it was a duplicate or if it required self-effort to solve. And there's a big warning to "search before posting".
It can be quite cringe to answer the same questions over and over; for example, we've had to post numerous screenshots of speed test over. Someone else will still come and ask "please how fast is starlink i wanna buy"
All in all, chill dude he is. Merci

Please I don't know if this has been answered before, permit me to ask.

I am having issues with payment and Nanso9 advised that Chipper cards works. He even provided calling support, I appreciate you sir.

But it is still saying payment declined. What could I be doing wrong?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 1:04pm On May 14
iAmTestedOsic:

I started off with the "Regional Plan" but after that month, I switched to the "Standard Plan". I have attached the pricing for both in the attachment below.

Thanks for your responses sir. Account not yet activated, no subscription made yet. Still having issues.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:52pm On May 14
damesilver:

Thanks for your responses sir. Account not yet activated, no subscription made yet. Still having issues.

What kind of issue?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:53pm On May 14
damesilver:

38k, if you have GTB try again, if you are using your personal computer, delete all the cookies for starlink site and try again
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 1:57pm On May 14
ibietela2:

38k, if you have GTB try again, if you are using your personal computer, delete all the cookies for starlink site and try again

Ok, will try this. Thanks. But I have Chipper card. No GTB
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 1:57pm On May 14
ibietela2:

What kind of issue?

Activation and payment.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 2:04pm On May 14
damesilver:

Please I don't know if this has been answered before, permit me to ask.

I am having issues with payment and Nanso9 advised that Chipper cards works. He even provided calling support, I appreciate you sir.

But it is still saying payment declined. What could I be doing wrong?

When you tried to update the payment method using the Chipper Virtual Card issued to you, were you presented with any error(s)?

I must confess the error message from Starlink "payment declined" was vague it didnt help me in understanding what the exact issue was that moment. Nanso9 may be right, in the sense that for every payment request you made or sent that failed, the exact reason why it failed will only be seen by the bank or card issuer. To simplify this, it is encoded in an API request as additional level of protection, it is rarely made available to you reason why you need to make that call to your issuer if you haven't.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by damesilver(m): 3:19pm On May 14
"Payment was declined. Please contact your credit card company or try a different payment method." From Starlink.

This is me using Chipper card.

Please what am I doing wrong.

iAmTestedOsic:

When you tried to update the payment method using the Chipper Virtual Card issued to you, were you presented with any error(s)?

I must confess the error message from Starlink "payment declined" was vague it didnt help me in understanding what the exact issue was that moment. Nanso9 may be right, in the sense that for every payment request you made or sent that failed, the exact reason why it failed will only be seen by the bank or card issuer. To simplify this, it is encoded in an API request as additional level of protection, it is rarely made available to you reason why you need to make that call to your issuer if you haven't.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 4:49pm On May 14
damesilver:

Ok, will try this. Thanks. But I have Chipper card. No GTB

is chipper naira or USD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / Football Manager Mobile 2016 Is Out!!!! / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.