Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (95954 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by thinkmoney(m): 3:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Coldplay007:

This is 5G.. no way 4G can be 660mbps..
so 6G is no longer hideous to u again abi
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
8mbps =1MB/s

Not a fact just quoting you for simplicity

[quote author=Bonzojoko post=119264451] 100mbps = 12.5MB/s. Mbps is different from MB/s[/qu te]
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BigCowHornn: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
michlins:
with the amount you are paying for starlink, I will get unlimited data on MTN

It always has a cap
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Adesina18111(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
With the dish mounted outside...does that mean it can only be used wherever the dish is being mounted?...is it mobile?...just asking tho

myspace:
Unreliable internet has always been an issue for me in Lagos. The best Internet Service Providers use Fibre Optics but have very limited coverage areas. So when I heard Starlink would be rolling out their Low Orbit internet service in Africa, It Immediately piqued my Interest.

I made a preorder for the service in May of 2021 with a refundable deposit of $99. I did this due to the projected rollout of the service by the end of 2021. I did not get any update from Starlink until early december of 2022. I was told to pay up a balance of $501 so my exquipment would be shipped.

8 days after making full payment, my Starlink Equipment was delivered to me by DHL. It is a plug and play device that is easy to install by following very simple steps on the manual. I mounted the dish on my compound, at a postion with good sky visibility and the device connected to an available Satellite within a few minutes.

My Internet experience is now the best I have ever had it, here in Nigeria.

Total cost of Equipment $600
Monthly Subscription for Unlimited Internet $43

God Bless Elon Musk
God Bless SpaceX/Starlink
God Bless Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUl06DfAjw
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pman06(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
tonididdy:

Hi
What’s Wi-Fi.com startup price and monthly fee?
Is it unlimited and what’s the speed?

Please for your sanity sake, don't bother. I migrated from their 12.5k plan to 60k premium plan because of speed issues, after migration speed is fine when it's connected though, but you must be ready for continuous down time. You can't escape that.

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by litaninja(m): 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
600$ for initial setup, that was the pricing I saw on their pre-order that i decided they were still joking. Make dem hold the internet.
The problem with nigerian 5g is that it'll be fine for 6 months and once more users switch, the providers never upgrade their capacity to follow suit. In one year, nigerian 5g will be doing speeds of 3.5MBPS and they'll start drumming adverts for 6g.

Nuisances.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by mema900: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
michlins:
This is extremely poor for the price it costs. MTN 4G is better. I don't want to talk about the 5G

MTN is capped....this one is download as u like for 30days
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by paradigmshift(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
michlins:
This is extremely poor for the price it costs. MTN 4G is better. I don't want to talk about the 5G
my mtn 5g is poor in Benin abeg ...
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pman06(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
litaninja:
600$ for initial setup, that was the pricing I saw on their pre-order that i decided they were still joking. Make dem hold the internet.
The problem with nigerian 5g is that it'll be fine for 6 months and once more users switch, the providers never upgrade their capacity to follow suit. In one year, nigerian 5g will be doing speeds of 3.5MBPS and they'll start drumming adverts for 6g.

Nuisances.

Price shows 274k on my side this afternoon.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by paradigmshift(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wifi.com Ng is also good . Y'all check it out
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
michlins:
This has to be a unique case. MTN has the largest telecom subscription, it won't be a secret if it's as good as this for most people.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by AntonVince: 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
Parachoko:
You wan dey compare 5G speed with 4G speed? sad

I will choose unlimited Starlink over MTN limited plans

MTN do not offer any unlimited plan.

The only reason I can't go for it now is because of how expensive it is.

You see?
Just a one-time $600 for the equipment and a paltry $43/month is beyond your reach.
...and you're one of Thief.nub.u's most ardent supporters here with a penchant for throwing banters at your betters who probably can employ you.
Same way one of you who had hitherto professed himself a lawyer here was recently caught on an NERC recruitment thread.
grin
Rather than spend your time more productively to get liberated from poverty, you waste your prime years defending your oppressors just because of ethnicity and religion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Parachoko: 4:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
AntonVince:

You see?
Just a one-time $600 for the equipment and a paltry $43/month is beyond your reach.
...and you're one of Thief.nub.u's most ardent supporters here with a penchant for throwing banters at your betters who probably can employ you.
Same way one of you who had hitherto professed himself a lawyer here was recently caught on an NERC recruitment thread.
grin
Rather than spend your time more productively to get liberated from poverty, you waste your prime years defending your oppressors just because of ethnicity and religion.

Mugu!!
As if you fit afford am grin

I fit bet my money I dey live a more comfortable life than you dey live.

I'm an Ijaw and a Christian

My support for Asiwaju is unshakable

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by naijapips04: 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Coldplay007:

This is 5G.. no way 4G can be 660mbps..

Even 5g in Naija is not that fast
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
paradigmshift:
Liar
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by chccho(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
stanvesco:

Hey bro....
How do people access this ?

For example if I place one in my street. Will it be possible to share amongst 100flats in the same streets?? Wit different passwords?

Can you also attest to the 50-250mbps that the claim?
I am seriously seeking for the business part of this now.

Thank you
Nigerians and cancerous mindset!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by chccho(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
As for me I'm okay with my MTN plans. Its fast, unlimited and affordable
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by paradigmshift(m): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
georgee:

Liar

I use it in Lagos and it's good.. liar kill u there .
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Coldie(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
myspace:

This is Nigeria, not Europe.

I have MTN 5G. My 100gb data was exhausted within 5 days. Starlink is currently unlimited.
Nigerian government will over tax it that they will reduce the limits
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by rookidmart: 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Asour:

It's also immobile .

Do I have to be home all day to enjoy it?
Yes it is.
You should only get it if it fits your usage profile eg for remote work, for business, or just for home usage.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by zoedew: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
What is $99..? na foreign thread be this abi where I dey..

600$ ?

This na yankeeland...na wrong place I dey
But Ex- President OLUSEGUN Obasanjo has money nah!
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by profmallor: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
The Nigeria Government would soon Ban its use as its penetration and awareness increases. Infact Many Governments would be doing that. can you fathom how many Telco staffs would out of work is this thing is allowed to thrive?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by samuelson06(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
michlins:

Is MTN unlimited? Nope! I still prefer Starlink. I'll personally call MTN to tell them I'd be walking away from them once my kit arrives. At last, I'm so happy I'm going to kick MTN away from my life wink
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by unclejb2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
myspace:
Unreliable internet has always been an issue for me in Lagos. The best Internet Service Providers use Fibre Optics but have very limited coverage areas. So when I heard Starlink would be rolling out their Low Orbit internet service in Africa, It Immediately piqued my Interest.

I made a preorder for the service in May of 2021 with a refundable deposit of $99. I did this due to the projected rollout of the service by the end of 2021. I did not get any update from Starlink until early december of 2022. I was told to pay up a balance of $501 so my exquipment would be shipped.

8 days after making full payment, my Starlink Equipment was delivered to me by DHL. It is a plug and play device that is easy to install by following very simple steps on the manual. I mounted the dish on my compound, at a postion with good sky visibility and the device connected to an available Satellite within a few minutes.

My Internet experience is now the best I have ever had it, here in Nigeria.

Total cost of Equipment $600
Monthly Subscription for Unlimited Internet $43

God Bless Elon Musk
God Bless SpaceX/Starlink
God Bless Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUl06DfAjw
how many devices can you link to the service
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pxjosh(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
Parachoko:
Mugu!!
As if you fit afford am grin

I fit bet my money I dey live a more comfortable life than you dey live.

I'm an Ijaw and a Christian

My support for Asiwaju is unshakable

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

Even on a technology thread, you still manage to bring in your politics inside!

Are you under a spell? After all the suffering people have had in the last 8 years under the APC government, you're still supporting them? Are you allergic to development? Are you under a spell?

6 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Bossman(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
That would depend on the limitations of the router. You can use the router that came with it or get a 3rd party router. Usually the number of devices it can support should not be an issue. What should matter is the number of simultaneous devices the Speed will support. Speed will degrade as more devices are connected of course.

unclejb2:
how many devices can you link to the service
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Parachoko: 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
pxjosh:

Even on a technology thread, you still manage to bring in your politics inside!

Are you under a spell? After all the suffering people have had in the last 8 years under the APC government, you're still supporting them? Are you allergic to development? Are you under a spell?
Are you so retarded and didn't see the lowlife who first attack me? Why are some of you hypocrites so dull?

I didn't vote for Buhari

But I will be voting for Asiwaju

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ogatobe: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bonzojoko:
128 devices can connect to starlink router at the same time but expect the starlink internet speed to drop when many people are using it at the same time

If I can share it with 100 people willing to pay N10K per month for unlimited data, na confirm business o!

Make I save money but my own.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by drizzypat: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
paradigmshift:
only in Lagos
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Limassol(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
profmallor:
The Nigeria Government would soon Ban its use as its penetration and awareness increases. Infact Many Governments would be doing that. can you fathom how many Telco staffs would out of work is this thing is allowed to thrive?
It's actually a much-needed relief for many Nigerians paying through their noses just to access the internet. Starlink is an excellent development!

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
paradigmshift:
I use it in Lagos and it's good.. liar kill u there .
Lie kee u dia

Is ds not the useless WiFi.com I used that nearly gave me BP

Useless Tizeti angry angry
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Olabukola11:
Exactly, I sub £18 monthly with unlimited calls, SMS and MMS nationwide. I pay only £2 additional to use my data in Europe. These people are milking us in NIGERIA.
Is it unlimited data?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.