Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya (8561 Views)

Obasanjo Slams FG, Govs, Says Governance Is Weak / Obasanjo Slams Jonathan, Defends Buhari. / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by daphil: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2011
This is the beginning of the end of Libya as a nation. There is no way the centre would ever hold again.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by islamrules(m): 9:53am On Sep 01, 2011
AU is weak. There jurisdiction is limited to some African country. Gaddahfi is the leader of AU.

South African negotiation with Gaddafi was based on when Gaddafi is going to leave. You dont negotiate "when" with the people of Libya. They want Gaddafi leave immediately. So the question of when is out of it.

Why are we taking panadol for other people's headache.

Libyans are Jubilation and celebrating NATO.

I saw them Jubilatin NATO on CNN and Al Jazeera. They called US, Italy, France and UK the fantastic four. They even made vest and cloths of Obama.

They even erected the flag of America and these fantastic four in their public places.

So, why are Nigerians against these Libyan freedom.

I understand, there is this mentality of forcing leadership on people in Nigeria. You dont elect leaders. You select leaders in Nigeria.

No wonder you are against Libyan people.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by brainpulse: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2011
1. HOW HAS AU CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF AFRICA?
2. WHO ARE THE AU LEADERS? ( MAJORITY OF THEM ARE STILL SELF IMPOSING PRESIDENTS)
3. DON'T THE SAME LEADERS STILL PATRONIZED THE SO CALL WESTERN ALLIEDS AT THE BACK FOR CORRUPTION (SWISS ACCOUNTS, TYPICAL HALLIBURTON CASE, BPE SCANDALS)- OBJ
4. DIDN'T TAYLOR ACCUSED OBJ FOR COLLECTING BRIBE FROM HIM AND LATER BETRAYED HIM?
5. SOUTH AFRICA PRESIDENT MEDIATING IN THE ISSUE WAS LATER FOUND OUT TO BE HAVING ALOT OF INVESTMENT FOR GADDAFFI.
6. UP TILL NOW, WHY HAS GADDAFI  REFUSED TO HAND OVER EVEN WHEN THE GAME IS UP FOR HIM?( TELLING YOU THAT NO AMOUNT OF MEDIATION CAN GET THIS MAN OUT).

YESTERDAY BRITIAN SENT IN MORE THAN $IBILLION RAW CASH OF FROZEN LIBYAN MONEY TO REHABILITATE THERE COUNTRY. AMERICA, FRANCE AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES HAVE PROMISED TO SEND RELIEF PACKAGES TO THEM.
7. HOW MUCH DID AU PROMISED ATLEAST AS BROTHERS?

NOW THE LIBYANS HAVE THEIR DESTINY IN THERE HANDS TO CHOOSE THERE LEADERS AND CONTROL THERE RESOURCES.( NOTE THEY HAVE REFUSE INTERNATIONAL FORCES- VERY GOOD)
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by velo10: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2011
International Issues where OBJ earned my respect.

- He stood against the war in Iraq
- He never agreed with the West against Mugabe
- His peace mediations in Liberia and Sudan. Although he tricked Charles Taylor by accepting him and later delivering him to the World court.
- His stance against NATO interference in Libya.

Despite this man's flaws, for standing for the African interest and not being a Yes-man to the West, he deserves commendations
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by brainpulse: 10:09am On Sep 01, 2011
GOOD POINT FROM ISLAMRULES

LET US FORGET FOR ONCE WHO NATO HIS, AMERICA, FRANCE AND ETC.

THE MOTIVE IS THE LIBYANS BELIEVED IT WAS TIME FOR THEM TO BE FREE AND BREAK AWAY FFROM BONDAGE AND OPPRESSION, THEY SAW THAT THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IS TO BREAK AWAY FROM OPPRESSOR THAT THEY KNOW WILL NEVER AGREE( OPPRESSION NIGERIANS LOVE SO MUCH- SUFFERRING AND SMILING).
LET US CONSIDER THE MOTIVE, AND THE HEART AT WHICH THEY WANTED THERE FREEDOM, NOT WHO WAS THE PERSON THAT HELPED.

FINE IF YOUR ENEMY HELPED TO ACHIEVE PROGRESS IN LIFE WILL YOU REJECT THE PROGRESS,ALL YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR SUFFERINGS? WHEN GOD IS FOR YOU EVEN YOUR ENEMY WILL VOLUNTIRE TO DIE FOR YOU?
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dforestfox: 10:09am On Sep 01, 2011
brainpulse:

1. HOW HAS AU CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF AFRICA?
2. WHO ARE THE AU LEADERS? ( MAJORITY OF THEM ARE STILL SELF IMPOSING PRESIDENTS)
3. DON'T THE SAME LEADERS STILL PATRONIZED THE SO CALL WESTERN ALLIEDS AT THE BACK FOR CORRUPTION (SWISS ACCOUNTS, TYPICAL HALLIBURTON CASE, BPE SCANDALS)- OBJ
4. DIDN'T TAYLOR ACCUSED OBJ FOR COLLECTING BRIBE FROM HIM AND LATER BETRAYED HIM?
5. SOUTH AFRICA PRESIDENT MEDIATING IN THE ISSUE WAS LATER FOUND OUT TO BE HAVING ALOT OF INVESTMENT FOR GADDAFFI.
6. UP TILL NOW, WHY HAS GADDAFI  REFUSED TO HAND OVER EVEN WHEN THE GAME IS UP FOR HIM?( TELLING YOU THAT NO AMOUNT OF MEDIATION CAN GET THIS MAN OUT).

YESTERDAY BRITIAN SENT IN MORE THAN $IBILLION RAW CASH OF FROZEN LIBYAN MONEY TO REHABILITATE THERE COUNTRY. AMERICA, FRANCE AND OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES HAVE PROMISED TO SEND RELIEF PACKAGES TO THEM.
7. HOW MUCH DID AU PROMISED ATLEAST AS BROTHERS?

NOW THE LIBYANS HAVE THEIR DESTINY IN THERE HANDS TO CHOOSE THERE LEADERS AND CONTROL THERE RESOURCES.( NOTE THEY HAVE REFUSE INTERNATIONAL FORCES- VERY GOOD)

the frozen libyan money-it has always been libyan's money,  it would be nice to know if Britain wouldnt impose a interest charge keeping the money for 6 months!!(they only make you see what they want you to see)

the countries you mentioned has no other way than to send relief packages because they are the ones that organised the NATO attack!!, but the so called relief package can't rebuild all the infrastructures and lives that has been damaged which obviously will take years and years to build back!!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dforestfox: 10:11am On Sep 01, 2011
velo10:

International Issues where OBJ earned my respect.

- He stood against the war in Iraq
- He never agreed with the West against Mugabe
- His peace mediations in Liberia and Sudan. Although he tricked Charles Taylor by accepting him and later delivering him to the World court.
- His stance against NATO interference in Libya.

Despite this man's flaws, for standing for the African interest and not being a Yes-man to the West, he deserves commendations

True talk my guy!!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by islamrules(m): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2011
He did not stood against war in Iraq. Why do people lie ?

Gaddafi is his friend. We all know then when he was the president.

He his standing by his friend when his friend is having problem.

We dont need any formular or special brain work to figure this out.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by brainpulse: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2011
DID OBJ NEGOTIATED WITH THE PEOPLE OF ODI BEFORE KILLING OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE CITY?
DIDN'T OBJ ADVICE YARADUA TO DO SAME AGAINST MEND? YARADUA DISAGREED AND GAVE MEND AN OPPORTUNITY.

I AM NEVER AGAINST OBJ BUT HIS CRITICISM IS NOT OBJECTIVE AT ALL.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by islamrules(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2011
GOOD POINT FROM ISLAMRULES

LET US FORGET FOR ONCE WHO NATO HIS, AMERICA, FRANCE AND ETC.

THE MOTIVE IS THE LIBYANS BELIEVED IT WAS TIME FOR THEM TO BE FREE AND BREAK AWAY FFROM BONDAGE AND OPPRESSION, THEY SAW THAT THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IS TO BREAK AWAY FROM OPPRESSOR THAT THEY KNOW WILL  NEVER AGREE( OPPRESSION NIGERIANS LOVE SO MUCH- SUFFERRING AND SMILING).
LET US CONSIDER THE MOTIVE, AND THE HEART AT WHICH THEY WANTED THERE FREEDOM, NOT WHO WAS THE PERSON THAT HELPED.

FINE IF YOUR ENEMY HELPED TO ACHIEVE PROGRESS IN LIFE WILL YOU REJECT THE PROGRESS,ALL YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR SUFFERINGS? WHEN GOD IS FOR YOU EVEN YOUR ENEMY WILL VOLUNTIRE TO DIE FOR YOU?

Thank you, suffering and smiling is the right word. Nigerians take whatever you dish out to them. Libyans are not Nigerians.

No wonder they have been too religious.

They expect God to do everything for them whereas they can do something with the help of God
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dforestfox: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2011
brainpulse:

DID OBJ NEGOTIATED WITH THE PEOPLE OF ODI BEFORE KILLING OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE CITY?
DIDN'T OBJ ADVICE YARADUA TO DO SAME AGAINST MEND? YARADUA DISAGREED AND GAVE MEND AN OPPORTUNITY.

I AM NEVER AGAINST OBJ BUT HIS CRITICISM IS NOT OBJECTIVE AT ALL.

I think we have to look at it in a wider context, the point you mentioned are valid but the matter rested within the Nigeria borderline,so the libya case should rest with the Africa borderline hence why we have the AU to deal with africa matters!!AU never called for NATO to invade!!!

And please dont get me wrong,i am not in support of the Gaddafi's but the matter should be left to africa!!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by redsun(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2011
They are already srambling for spoils in libya like vultures. Kill,destroy,build,make money and spice up the economy-aka nato
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by brainpulse: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2011
dforestfox:

True talk my guy!!
ARE MUGABE PEOPLE ENJOYING NOW? ARE THEY NOT SUFFERING?EVERY DAY THEY ARE STILL TROOPING IN INTO SOUTH AFRICA BEACUSE OF FAMINE.
@DFORESTFOX
WHAT WAS GADDAFI SHOWING THEM BEFORE THEY ACTED, HOW WAS HE TREATING HIS PEOPLE? SOMETIMES IT IS WORST STAYING WITH A FAMILY THAT PLANS KILLING YOU THAN A NEIGHBOUR THAT CARES.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dforestfox: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2011
brainpulse:

ARE MUGABE PEOPLE ENJOYING NOW? ARE THEY NOT SUFFERING?EVERY DAY THEY ARE STILL TROOPING IN INTO SOUTH AFRICA BEACUSE OF FAMINE.
@DFORESTFOX
WHAT WAS GADDAFI SHOWING THEM BEFORE THEY ACTED, HOW WAS HE TREATING HIS PEOPLE? SOMETIMES IT IS WORST STAYING WITH A FAMILY THAT PLANS KILLING YOU THAN A NEIGHBOUR THAT CARES.

I am not in support of Mugade or Gaddafi in any way, my point is that we should let the west invade and dictate what should happen!!, I cant come to your house now and tell you not to sit next to your TV!!The Libyans themselves know what is at stake, hence :
1: They had said they would be given Megrahi up for any further trial, he is dying anyway
2: They wouldn't be handling any one over for the PC Yvonne Fletcher killing
3: And just this morning,that they dont want any western Police or army for the post Gaddafi libya

All i am saying is that AU deserves some respect from the western world!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dustydee: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2011
NATO has no business bombing Libya
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by redsun(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2011
Au representatives are mainly obvious traitors and puppets. They dont represent true africans. Ironically, gaddaffi was one of the best among them,followed by a few patriots like mugabe. Any african leader that the west detest with passion must be on the path of rigourous but fundamental truth. Look deep, you will see.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2011
redsun:

Au representatives are mainly obvious traitors and puppets. They dont represent true africans. Ironically, gaddaffi was one of the best among them,followed by a few patriots like mugabe. Any african leader that the west detest with passion must be on the path of rigourous but fundamental truth. Look deep, you will see.

By far the most introspective non-sentimental post thus far - Africa is relieved that the Sudan Genocide is over and a new nation is form after decades of genocide while the mostly impotent African Union stood by and watched, the same African Union praised Mugabe weeks after he massacred peaceful protesters opposing his political dictatorship, Africans are African's major problem, it seems we are experts at acting the buffoon with out leaders and when foreign intervention comes (for whatever selfish interest) we start shouting but cannot even raise our voices to our corrupt leaders . BLACK AFRICANS!!!. smh
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2011
@DFORESTFOX, this dude is du, m.b.Someone says he wants to change something and invited someone to help him and u are criticizing the latter.Soon Libya will be much better than Nigeria. Nigerians are stup.i.d especially those have not traveled out. They still wait for dead-woods to talk and they concur.AU did what in Cote;divoire?
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by coolbright: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2011
The way Africans think sometimes baffles me, we are to myopic. You guys are saying the matter should have been left in the hands of the lunatic African leaders we have likes of Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Angola,  . These guys are autocratic freaks nothing like free will in their dictionary and no respecter of human right. They stood while the genocide went on in Rwanda, Somalia even Nigeria Biafara time. Obansanjo practically ordered the killing of his own people because he knows he can't be held accountable, IBB looted massively we all know that yet we had people campaigning for him to become the president again.
Am so irritated with the fact that we forget quickly in Africa and move with the bandwagon without properly evaluating or actions.
AU leaders and 90% of African leaders are crap including Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by member479760: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
the game is over, so anyone can talk anything.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by dforestfox: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
ferdiii:

@DFORESTFOX, this dude is du, m.b.Someone says he wants to change something and invited someone to help him and u are criticizing the latter.Soon Libya will be much better than Nigeria. Nigerians are stup.i.d especially those have not traveled out. They still wait for dead-woods to talk and they concur.AU did what in Cote;divoire?

@ ferdiii , Obviously you must be dum.b.e.r and si.l.l.y because what i have been saying is that it should have been a call from the AU to request for NATO's help f.o.o.l!!
and you are a bigger f.o.o.l and extermely stup.i.d if you are a Nigerian and calling Nigerians stup.i.d  and , what has travelling out or not got to do with it, you want make we know say you be traveller , f.o.o.l!!, you probably have been to 1 or 2 countries and opening your mouth to dey abuse,i am a proud najia and have been living outside nigeria for over 15 years and dare not call my fellow Nigerian S.t.u.p.i.d because i go home regularly and know Nigerians are far from been a f.o.o.l like you!!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by pinkrex(m): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
The second poster said' How can democracy work with a country with 140 ethnic groups' shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. smh. please go and study the meaning of democracy.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
dustydee:

NATO has no business bombing Libya
That is ridiculous! Large part of ordinary population of Libya would have been wiped out by the Gaddafi govt.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by pinkrex(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

That is ridiculous! Large part of ordinary population of Libya would have been wiped out by the Gaddafi govt.

They would have stopped the protest if NATO dint come in. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by BigMeat2: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
Baba OBJ is a man known for telling it as it is, no sweet talking trying not to annoy anyone.
How I wish OBJ is still the president during the past bombings, in reality a lot of heads will have rolled. As compared with Mr GEJ who I guess is clearly afraid of his own shadow.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
Guys, guys let us stop exposing our skid-marked pants to the WEST  grin

Granted AU have the right to defend her relevance in African Matters by slamming NATO, they have not shown respect for African Nations the past 5 decades,look at the crisis in Africa the past 5 decades and you will not see the value of the African Union in resolving crisis. their in-action due to impotence has caused crisis to thrive in Africa. so what if NATO and other foreign agencies step in to lend a hand (sure they have ulterior motives)is that not better than nothing
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by pinkrex(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Guys, guys let us stop exposing our skid-marked pants to the WEST  grin

Granted AU have the right to defend her relevance in African Matters by slamming NATO, they have not shown respect for African Nations the past 5 decades,look at the crisis in Africa the past 5 decades and you will not see the value of the African Union in resolving crisis. their in-action due to impotence has caused crisis to thrive in Africa. so what if NATO and other foreign agencies step in to lend a hand (sure they have ulterior motives)is that not better than nothing

'impotence' grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Real men wink
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by ak47mann(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
president Jonathan i think he was being sentimental on gadaffi may be because of what gadaffi said a year ago that nigeria should divide b/w Muslim north and christian south, supporting the rebels is not diplomatic at all,
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
pinkrex:

They would have stopped the protest if NATO dint come in. undecided undecided undecided
They would be systematically exterminated by his secret agents!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by Abagworo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
ferdiii:

Dude I wonder how informed you were about Libya before the crisis.Libya was far more developed and economically stable than Nigeria.It was a haven for Africans seeking greener pastures.Libya had stable electricity,good road network and water.Libya even rejected EU members from coming there to transact business.It was infact lending money to some African countries in place of IMF with less strict conditions.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^
Come on! Those are for Africans not Libyans! Libyans are not satisfied with those because they have no freedom to express themselves nor question the govt(that use such necessities to hold them captive). At least you said lending to African govt - it means the money were given to some African country as loans!Not free money!
Re: Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya by islamrules(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
Libyans are thanking and celebrating NATO. You r here saying rubbish.

Do u want to force Gaddafi on them?

Its the people's choice. And I think government should be about the people. Not about a selfish godlike leader.

A leader is meant to serve d people not impose on people. The people make constitution for the leader to use.

Nigerians are wacko, they have embedded this slavery into their mentality and orientation. That is why most of them are nodding to Gaddafi.

Libyans says "WE dont want Gaddafi" Nigerians are mad. F.u.k U Nigerians. I am a Nigerian, I am not a foooolish one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Deny Demanding Bribe From Binance / Judge Threatens To Discharge 24 Suspected Boko Haram Members / Buhari's School Certificate: How Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.